Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Better cross your legs tomorrow 08:17 - Aug 5 with 6396 viewstoboboly

In the Bowles/Ellerslie at least

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/preparing-the-stadium-for-the-new-season-04

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 12:16 - Aug 5 with 1392 viewsdaveB

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 12:07 - Aug 5 by ParkRoyalR

I'm in this game and its really not, its incompetence and naivety and if QPR think that bs video covers this off, they're either fools or taking their customers for fools .

As a minimum you would check a company's capability to do this type of work (x), its in-house supply chain (x) and its ability to fund the works (x), given the amount of deposit payments required for goods etc.

Lets just say the supplier selected does not pass any of these 3 basic tests.

Lets just hope when they upgrade the floodlights they learn from their mistakes and their first task is'nt to throw the old one's into the skip, otherwise we'll be playing in candle-light.

I thought the video explained quite well the problems but do agree it was naive at best to remove everything without having the replacements especially when it's pretty well known that there are problems with suppliers at the moment and everything gets delayed, that should have been factored in.

For me it goes back to the piss balling about last season over rail seating, took them months to come to a conclusion that should have been done and agreed long before. When it took them until late May to decide what they were doing with such a short summer break it would have been annoying but understandable to say look we'll put rail seating in either second half of the season after world cup or for the 2023/24 season/
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 12:31 - Aug 5 with 1331 viewstoboboly

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 12:16 - Aug 5 by daveB

I thought the video explained quite well the problems but do agree it was naive at best to remove everything without having the replacements especially when it's pretty well known that there are problems with suppliers at the moment and everything gets delayed, that should have been factored in.

For me it goes back to the piss balling about last season over rail seating, took them months to come to a conclusion that should have been done and agreed long before. When it took them until late May to decide what they were doing with such a short summer break it would have been annoying but understandable to say look we'll put rail seating in either second half of the season after world cup or for the 2023/24 season/

Didn't help when it turned out they don't even know what parts of their own bloody ground are next to each other...

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 12:35 - Aug 5 with 1320 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I remember saying that at the time. I couldn’t understand why they were in such a rush.

Although tbf things are getting much worse than I ever imagined and might be ten times worse this time next year. Maybe it wasn’t such a bad thing to do it now.

I think it depends how long it takes to finish. If it is just for the Middlesborough game then I think most of us will forget about it quite quickly. If it drags on longer than they’re saying now then it’s going to look bad.

Best thing that can happen is for the team to get us 3 points or at the very least put on a good show for us.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 12:38 - Aug 5 with 1296 viewsToast_R

This reminds me of a badly run council that outsources all of its services to save money and then realises its no longer running said services.

I've given up buying online tickets. Nearly 18 months since I complained that their website fails to authorise any of my payments and they still havnt bothered to resolve it. Spent 20 minutes on Wednesday with Chair and Uncs in my ear on constant repeat. Doesn't even tell you what number in the queue you are now. Shambolic.
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 12:45 - Aug 5 with 1271 viewsParkRoyalR

Our levels of customer service are abysmal and there are no excuses for it.

This video is up there with Liz Truss last night telling the UK electorate she can accelerate growth and stave off the forthcoming recession. In our game we call it bollox-ology, just throw in enough complete bollox and enough people might believe it.

I had hoped Warburton would bring a much needed level of professionalism to our club and believe he did as he comes from a commercial background where people are held to account.

Just one other example being I was invited to the pre-season corporate breakfast by a supplier this year and to say it was a shit-show is an understatement. Nothing to do with a lack of staff, just a complete lack of organisation.
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 12:57 - Aug 5 with 1237 viewsLythamR

but why are we being shown a glossy video presentation from a contractor

who is responsible for the ground at the club, shouldnt they be interviewed by the PR team. i want to hear from the people in charge at our club i dont care if its done on an iphone single shot on the wall in SAR.
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 12:58 - Aug 5 with 1227 viewsdaveB

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 12:45 - Aug 5 by ParkRoyalR

Our levels of customer service are abysmal and there are no excuses for it.

This video is up there with Liz Truss last night telling the UK electorate she can accelerate growth and stave off the forthcoming recession. In our game we call it bollox-ology, just throw in enough complete bollox and enough people might believe it.

I had hoped Warburton would bring a much needed level of professionalism to our club and believe he did as he comes from a commercial background where people are held to account.

Just one other example being I was invited to the pre-season corporate breakfast by a supplier this year and to say it was a shit-show is an understatement. Nothing to do with a lack of staff, just a complete lack of organisation.

yeah it is poor, I've been a ST holder in the lower loft since 2008, was in upper loft before that for over a decade but was never contacted over the consultation despite me emailing club several times to ask where I need to send my 2 pence worth, in the end a mate of mine showed me his email so I knew who to contact.

This week I emailed 3 times to tell them I can't go tomorrow so have 2 spare seats in the lower loft if they want them, heard nothing back yet

As I say these little things pile up after a while which is even happy clappers like me get pissed off after a while. They do a lot of things right at QPR these days but still get these basic things so wrong.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 12:59]
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 12:59 - Aug 5 with 1222 viewsdaveB

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 12:57 - Aug 5 by LythamR

but why are we being shown a glossy video presentation from a contractor

who is responsible for the ground at the club, shouldnt they be interviewed by the PR team. i want to hear from the people in charge at our club i dont care if its done on an iphone single shot on the wall in SAR.

i don't disagree with you on that, I just thought the content was interesting agree it should have been done by someone at the club
Login to get fewer ads

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 13:06 - Aug 5 with 1191 viewsjohnhoop

Club message seems to imply that it’s only a problem with the Ladies loos but the feeling coming from here makes me think it must be Gents as well?
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 13:09 - Aug 5 with 1170 viewsNorthernr

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 13:06 - Aug 5 by johnhoop

Club message seems to imply that it’s only a problem with the Ladies loos but the feeling coming from here makes me think it must be Gents as well?

No think it's only ladies, as per the announcement.
Trying to do gents toilets for that whole stand in Portaloos with the space that's available would be quite something.
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 13:23 - Aug 5 with 1098 viewsParkRoyalR

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 12:58 - Aug 5 by daveB

yeah it is poor, I've been a ST holder in the lower loft since 2008, was in upper loft before that for over a decade but was never contacted over the consultation despite me emailing club several times to ask where I need to send my 2 pence worth, in the end a mate of mine showed me his email so I knew who to contact.

This week I emailed 3 times to tell them I can't go tomorrow so have 2 spare seats in the lower loft if they want them, heard nothing back yet

As I say these little things pile up after a while which is even happy clappers like me get pissed off after a while. They do a lot of things right at QPR these days but still get these basic things so wrong.

I went into the Box Office 4 times last year and, when I could get the attention of a member of staff who was'nt scrolling through their phone, requested a season ticket card. Guess what, it never came.

No doubt some decent individuals in that team, but if you want a snap-shot of a lack of organisation, professionalism and the levels of customer service in our club, just drop by the ticket office (when its open).
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 13:42 - Aug 5 with 1044 viewsBushRanger82

Global supply issues.

All a load of bollocks if you ask me.
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 13:44 - Aug 5 with 1043 viewsNorthernr

This is where I am as well. I thought we were so sharp as an organisation off the pitch pre-lockdown, I used to say if only the team was as good as we were as a club off the pitch, and since the pandemic it's really gone to pot.

Simple, simple stuff that makes a big difference when it adds up.

I've just had a go at picking an extra ticket up for tomorrow. Log into the website 'Hi Clive' it says in the top corner, so I'm in. Click on tickets, buy home tickets, I am not a robot... takes me to a page that says SEASON TICKETS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE from which the only option is a link back to the main site. Click tickets, buy home tickets, I am not a robot... takes me to a page that says 'no events currently available'. Take myself to ticket home, find the Boro game under all events, click on a seat near us, £36. That's a lot. Oh wait, that's because I'm not logged in. I mean, I am logged in, but of course I need to click the little head at the top of the site, to go to the 'linked accounts' page, where I click log in again. Click tickets, buy home tickets, I am not a robot... takes me to a page that says 'no events currently available'. Take myself to ticket home, find the Boro game under all events, click on a seat near us, £28. Better. Buy. Go through all of that, card details, fine. Then I need to authorise it with my bank through the app. That's fine, fraud protection and all that. But now there's a countdown in the top right hand corner, 90 seconds to authorise the transaction or the ticket is gone.

I. Am. Trying. To. Give. You. My. Fcking. Money.

Palace pre-season, no fcker there. Militant steward raids my bag for two water plastic water bottles, which she removes from me and throws in a general waste bag. "500ML IS TOO BIG 500 ML IS TOO BIG YOU CANNOT HAVE YOU CANNOT HAVE". It's 25 degrees love what do you think I'm going to do with those? WE TOLD BY MANAGEMENT 500 ML TOO BIG YOU CANNOT HAVE. Right, lovely, thank you for being so polite about it as well. Get inside, kiosk closed, no water - as a licensed premises you've got to serve water for free if the customer asks for it I believe. Drop the Operations account on twitter a line, they say categorically that people should not have water removed from them. So who's telling her this? Where's she getting 500ml thing from? She's not making it up, somebody has told her.

Safe standing... botched. Taken the seats out already so we can't use that bit while we wait. Toilet renovations... botched. Taken the old bogs out already so we can't use them while we wait. Used an aggregates company for both.

New ticketing system this time last year... botched. A year on my phone still only gets me into the ground one time in every two. There is still a steward who has to stand by the gate manually scanning those of us who get rejected. There is still a point at 14.55 every week where they just wave people through en masse without checking the tickets at all. A year on.

Got rid of the old app, did a big promo that this is because "there's a new one coming"... No there isn't, that's been botched as well. No date on when that's coming in. Use the old one in the meantime? Nah, gone.

The place is filthy. They're not even cleaning it properly. There's fcking animal sht all over the gaff.

It's heartbreaking really. I brought a couple of friends to the Palace game and they were staggered at how shitty the place was. Loved the seats, the view, the proximity to the pitch. But everything else... They went down to try and find drinks two minutes before half time, got back just before the 60 minute mark, for a pre-season friendly with 5,000 people there.

I'll listen and be reasonable about supply chain issues, staffing, stewarding. I completely get the limitations of an old, cramped stadium. I bet it's a fcking nightmare. But some of this sht? It's just a place being badly run, I'm sorry.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 13:45 - Aug 5 with 1038 viewsEastR

This one is for the ladies out there

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 14:30 - Aug 5 with 944 viewsParkRoyalR

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 13:44 - Aug 5 by Northernr

This is where I am as well. I thought we were so sharp as an organisation off the pitch pre-lockdown, I used to say if only the team was as good as we were as a club off the pitch, and since the pandemic it's really gone to pot.

I've just had a go at picking an extra ticket up for tomorrow. Log into the website 'Hi Clive' it says in the top corner, so I'm in. Click on tickets, buy home tickets, I am not a robot... takes me to a page that says SEASON TICKETS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE from which the only option is a link back to the main site. Click tickets, buy home tickets, I am not a robot... takes me to a page that says 'no events currently available'. Take myself to ticket home, find the Boro game under all events, click on a seat near us, £36. That's a lot. Oh wait, that's because I'm not logged in. I mean, I am logged in, but of course I need to click the little head at the top of the site, to go to the 'linked accounts' page, where I click log in again. Click tickets, buy home tickets, I am not a robot... takes me to a page that says 'no events currently available'. Take myself to ticket home, find the Boro game under all events, click on a seat near us, £28. Better. Buy. Go through all of that, card details, fine. Then I need to authorise it with my bank through the app. That's fine, fraud protection and all that. But now there's a countdown in the top right hand corner, 90 seconds to authorise the transaction or the ticket is gone.

Palace pre-season, no fcker there. Militant steward raids my bag for two water plastic water bottles, which she removes from me and throws in a general waste bag. "500ML IS TOO BIG 500 ML IS TOO BIG YOU CANNOT HAVE YOU CANNOT HAVE". It's 25 degrees love what do you think I'm going to do with those? WE TOLD BY MANAGEMENT 500 ML TOO BIG YOU CANNOT HAVE. Right, lovely, thank you for being so polite about it as well. Get inside, kiosk closed, no water - as a licensed premises you've got to serve water for free if the customer asks for it I believe. Drop the Operations account on twitter a line, they say categorically that people should not have water removed from them. So who's telling her this? Where's she getting 500ml thing from? She's not making it up, somebody has told her.

Safe standing... botched. Taken the seats out already so we can't use that bit while we wait. Toilet renovations... botched. Taken the old bogs out already so we can't use them while we wait. Used an aggregates company for both.

New ticketing system this time last year... botched. A year on my phone still only gets me into the ground one time in every two. There is still a steward who has to stand by the gate manually scanning those of us who get rejected. There is still a point at 14.55 every week where they just wave people through en masse without checking the tickets at all. A year on.

Got rid of the old app, did a big promo that this is because "there's a new one coming"... No there isn't, that's been botched as well. No date on when that's coming in. Use the old one in the meantime? Nah, gone.

The place is filthy. They're not even cleaning it properly. There's fcking animal sht all over the gaff.

It's heartbreaking really. I brought a couple of friends to the Palace game and they were staggered at how shitty the place was. Loved the seats, the view, the proximity to the pitch. But everything else... They went down to try and find drinks two minutes before half time, got back just before the 60 minute mark, for a pre-season friendly with 5,000 people there.

I'll listen and be reasonable about supply chain issues, staffing, stewarding. I completely get the limitations of an old, cramped stadium. I bet it's a fcking nightmare. But some of this sht? It's just a place being badly run, I'm sorry.

Agree 100%,

I really hoped Warburton would progress to our DoF type as believe he is a grafter who sets high expectations, and say like Fergie, that work ethic and professionalism would permeate to every department within the club.

Small example but apparently it was Fergie who kicked off a few years back that we did'nt even have some crowd control barriers out when the away team stepped off the coach to cross the pavement to the entrance. Its this attention to detail and work ethic that's just not evident wherever you look.

I went to the corporate breakfast a month or so back where the new American investor was in attendance, and I felt like getting behind the jump and sorting out the waters, teas & coffee myself the service was that bad!
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 14:33 - Aug 5 with 940 viewstoboboly

It also shouldn't be forgotten that they actually tried to charge us £40 to step into the Blue n white bar

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 14:34 - Aug 5 with 934 viewsDTIG

Personally I don't see sitting on your a**e waiting for items to arrive from France as "problem solving"
Hiring a truck, driving to France to collect them and bringing them back...that's problem solving.
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 14:43 - Aug 5 with 903 viewsMedwayR

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 14:34 - Aug 5 by DTIG

Personally I don't see sitting on your a**e waiting for items to arrive from France as "problem solving"
Hiring a truck, driving to France to collect them and bringing them back...that's problem solving.

Nah, that would actually create the problem of having items still sitting in France whilst now also having a truck stuck on the M20!

Poll: Who’s better?

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 14:44 - Aug 5 with 892 viewsMedwayR

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 11:33 - Aug 5 by Northernr

Wasn't there a thread earlier this week where L Block said he'd made exactly that mistake refitting a school? A mistake you only make once...

I presumed that was actually L Block's way of confessing that he was in charge of the refit of the toilets at LR and had f'ed up...

Poll: Who’s better?

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 14:46 - Aug 5 with 885 viewsParkRoyalR

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 14:34 - Aug 5 by DTIG

Agree, or presumably they are liaising with some event hire specialists to see who has stock in the UK of temporary seating that can be installed within 24 Hours should our slow-boat from Turkey not arrive any time soon.
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 14:49 - Aug 5 with 870 viewsNorthernr

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 14:33 - Aug 5 by toboboly

It also shouldn't be forgotten that they actually tried to charge us £40 to step into the Blue n white bar

That and the original placement of the safe standing area a reason why we're delayed now of course.
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 14:52 - Aug 5 with 855 viewsstowmarketrange

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 15:06 - Aug 5 with 809 viewsqprxtc

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 13:23 - Aug 5 by ParkRoyalR

I went into the Box Office 4 times last year and, when I could get the attention of a member of staff who was'nt scrolling through their phone, requested a season ticket card. Guess what, it never came.

No doubt some decent individuals in that team, but if you want a snap-shot of a lack of organisation, professionalism and the levels of customer service in our club, just drop by the ticket office (when its open).

I went to the box office this lunchtime.

I asked for them to check my season ticket card was loaded and ready for this season, to change my seat for tomorrow as my wife has decided to go and get her a ticket, also buy a membership for my wife.

All done and dusted in under five minutes by a friendly and smiling member of staff. The others were all there and none scrolling in their phone.

Good luck to them. I don’t recall having a problem with them.
Better cross your legs tomorrow on 15:48 - Aug 5 with 746 viewskensalriser

Put your spares on Twickets. I buy from there more often than from the club now.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 15:51 - Aug 5 with 728 viewsNorthernr

Better cross your legs tomorrow on 15:06 - Aug 5 by qprxtc

I went to the box office this lunchtime.

I asked for them to check my season ticket card was loaded and ready for this season, to change my seat for tomorrow as my wife has decided to go and get her a ticket, also buy a membership for my wife.

All done and dusted in under five minutes by a friendly and smiling member of staff. The others were all there and none scrolling in their phone.

Good luck to them. I don’t recall having a problem with them.

That's been my experience in there in the past as well TBF.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024