Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 18:20 - Aug 6 with 9701 viewsBlackCrowe

Are you not entertained....flipping great match. Willock has seriously bulked up, he should be monstrous this season. Big shout out to Stef and Dykes who had great games as did the back line.

Many many positives except that we sat too deep in the second half but overall top stuff. And we handled the Chloe Kelly bringing ball on and half time stuff really really well.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back on 18:28 - Aug 6 with 5517 viewsLogman

A mention also for the ref and linesmen. The ref was excellent, trying to get on with the game but at the same time carding their fouling antics - trying to kick us off the park. Plus the linesman got every decision right in the corner when we were trying to see the game out there.
Just back on 18:38 - Aug 6 with 5396 viewssdm1508

Just back on 18:28 - Aug 6 by Logman

A mention also for the ref and linesmen. The ref was excellent, trying to get on with the game but at the same time carding their fouling antics - trying to kick us off the park. Plus the linesman got every decision right in the corner when we were trying to see the game out there.

To think Wilock isn't even match fit. Thought we faded in the second half as he did. His link up play with chair starts so much for us. It sets the tone. Thought Dykes did ok but not sure he is the sort of player needed for Beale's style of play. Maybe Roberts when he is fit will add a more mobile option. Stef still looks a bit laboured to me. Some nice passing and his free kick for the goal. Probably only player who can offer that but could see Field playing that role with Amos and Richards when more mobility needed. Thought Dunne defensively looked good most of the time although Watmore did him a couple of times. Just think he is going to struggle playing in the left of a two. Looked like some of the players were getting frustrated with him as he came back in to his right foot. Field and Dickie a lot more vocal and organising the team. Either would be good captain material I think
Just back on 18:44 - Aug 6 with 5334 viewsLogman

Just back on 18:38 - Aug 6 by sdm1508

To think Wilock isn't even match fit. Thought we faded in the second half as he did. His link up play with chair starts so much for us. It sets the tone. Thought Dykes did ok but not sure he is the sort of player needed for Beale's style of play. Maybe Roberts when he is fit will add a more mobile option. Stef still looks a bit laboured to me. Some nice passing and his free kick for the goal. Probably only player who can offer that but could see Field playing that role with Amos and Richards when more mobility needed. Thought Dunne defensively looked good most of the time although Watmore did him a couple of times. Just think he is going to struggle playing in the left of a two. Looked like some of the players were getting frustrated with him as he came back in to his right foot. Field and Dickie a lot more vocal and organising the team. Either would be good captain material I think

Agree with all that. Ozzie wasn't on top of his game but he worked hard and will only get better with more game time.
Just back on 18:52 - Aug 6 with 5225 viewsAntti_Heinola

Thought the ref was pretty poor. 4/10 for me.

Bare bones.

Just back on 19:08 - Aug 6 with 5087 viewsDejR_vu

Amazing what a difference Willock makes, not only in himself but the lift he gives the rest of the team. It must be easier to perform knowing him and Chair together, in particular, can hurt teams and make things happen. It’s a massive weight of expectation on either of them when the other’s not playing.

Great performance to get three up, great to protect the win, great result.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Just back on 19:18 - Aug 6 with 5007 viewsMick_S

I might have my winning Rangers goggles on, but that was some match - Willocks goal was out of this world. Also, my first pint or two in the Crown and Sceptre. Nice.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Just back on 19:22 - Aug 6 with 4944 viewsBlackCrowe

Nice to be back at C&S. Landlord welcomed me with a 'Welcome Back' when i went up to the bar. Proper.

Just back on 19:24 - Aug 6 with 4918 viewsMick_S

Just back on 19:22 - Aug 6 by BlackCrowe

Nice to be back at C&S. Landlord welcomed me with a 'Welcome Back' when i went up to the bar. Proper.

I believe the highlights are on Quest tonight at 9:00. Not you in the pub, obviously

Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 19:58 - Aug 6 with 4734 viewseastside_r

Just back on 19:24 - Aug 6 by Mick_S

I believe the highlights are on Quest tonight at 9:00. Not you in the pub, obviously

You believe wrongly. ITV 4 this season!
Just back on 20:01 - Aug 6 with 4696 viewsMick_S

Just back on 19:58 - Aug 6 by eastside_r

You believe wrongly. ITV 4 this season!

What time chum?

I decided to not be lazy 9-11, I believe. I’ll resign if I’m wrong.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 20:06]

Just back on 20:04 - Aug 6 with 4678 viewsstanistheman

I thought he was quite poor tbh. He blew up twice for fouls when QPR players were through and he could easily have played the advantage, once just before half time and another before the end of the game.

Also, let a few poor challenges go with just a free kick rather than a yellow card - quite unlike his game last Monday when he gave out 7 yellows.
Just back on 20:06 - Aug 6 with 4654 viewsstanistheman

Just back on 20:01 - Aug 6 by Mick_S

What time chum?

I decided to not be lazy 9-11, I believe. I’ll resign if I’m wrong.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 20:06]

9pm
Just back on 20:07 - Aug 6 with 4643 viewsMick_S

Just back on 20:06 - Aug 6 by stanistheman

9pm

I can’t wait and I won’t wait. Goal of the season, that was.

Just back on 20:15 - Aug 6 with 4550 viewseastside_r

Just back on 20:07 - Aug 6 by Mick_S

I can’t wait and I won’t wait. Goal of the season, that was.

Think there’s a +1 service as well if you want to stay out for another couple
Just back on 20:16 - Aug 6 with 4547 viewsstanistheman

A great game for the neutrals, but a game of two halves.

For QPR it was excellent with a great goal of the season contender from Willock (an outstanding performance given he hasn't played since March).

Good games from Dieng and the defence and Johansen, Field & Dykes. I thought Amos was good in the 1st half but looked to be tiring in the 2nd (again understandable).

Chair was not on his game today.

What I was not impressed with was the so called high press we are supposed to be playing this season. It was nearly non existent in the 2nd half as we sat deep and let Boro settle and pick out their passes. Thank *** that the Linesman flagged their 'equaliser' offside.

I agree with the poster who said Dykes is not the striker for this. Although he played quite well today I thought Bonne was better at pressing when he came on.
Just back on 20:35 - Aug 6 with 4338 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Thought Paal was excellent. Hopefully the new right-back is similarly impressive.
Just back on 20:45 - Aug 6 with 4247 viewsLongsufferingR

How about Dickie today? What an all round performance that was. The ball carrying out of defence throwing off 2 or 3 opponents each time, won nearly every header, several outstanding blocks and always there to dig his teammates out of trouble when needed. Well done sir.
Just back on 20:57 - Aug 6 with 4167 viewsqpr_1968

just got in as well.
superb display especially the first half.
havent seen willocks goal replayed yet, but i was in y block ellerslie road, he just seemed to appear from nowhere, and wallop, 1-0.
roll on charlton and sunderland.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Just back on 20:58 - Aug 6 with 4156 viewsterryb

I thought we looked reasonably comfortable in defence after they scored their second goal.

I've read contradicting comments on Kakay & Paal, but IMO they both played quite well. Especially as they were up against Jones & Giles, possibly the best attacking wing backs in the division.

Willock was outstanding & Field won numerous balls in midfield (no booking either), which we may have expected. Dykes performed at his best & won challenge after challenge. Please Lyndon, can we do this consistenly?

A great match to watch!
Just back on 21:04 - Aug 6 with 4115 viewsBlackCrowe

Thought Paal looked v good in first half, less so in the second. Ossie is not quite upto the level i reckon...such an honest pro, so want him to do well and prove me wrong but he's squad player at best i think alas.

Just back on 21:10 - Aug 6 with 4057 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just back on 20:35 - Aug 6 by Wegerles_Stairs

Thought Paal was excellent. Hopefully the new right-back is similarly impressive.

I thought 5/10 for Paal. 6 at best. This looks like a step up in class for him.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Just back on 21:38 - Aug 6 with 3871 viewsconnell10

Just back on 20:35 - Aug 6 by Wegerles_Stairs

Funny how we all see things diffrent , I thought he was our weak link , seemed to light weight. And got caught out of position a lot.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Just back on 21:40 - Aug 6 with 3863 viewsNorthantsHoop

I thought the ref and linesmen were good standard today. Ref got all the cards right and tried to keep the game flowing, as we know they have been instructed to stop timewasting and letting a little more physicality be allowed.
Just back on 21:54 - Aug 6 with 3723 viewsDavieQPR

When Willock plays he stops the doubling up on Chair. I am sure there would have been earlier and more subs if the alternatives had been fit. Everyone did well in a game some tipped us to lose 3-0.
Just back on 22:07 - Aug 6 with 3630 viewspaulhoop2

Not seen a goal like that In a while was brilliant. I think it was a fitting match for Stan too and helped Chloe Kelly getting a good reception too weather was not bad well sweated a lot lol

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024