Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilder 17:30 - Aug 7 with 7488 viewsboysfromthebush

Deluded idiot. Going full Warnock and blaming the ref...

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/2022/august/06/chris-wilder-post-match-reaction---qpr
Wilder on 01:28 - Aug 8 with 2412 viewsSydneyRs

My favourite part was when he went all Catherine Tate "Am I bovvered?", terrific stuff.
Wilder on 06:39 - Aug 8 with 2285 viewsnix

Wilder on 01:28 - Aug 8 by SydneyRs

My favourite part was when he went all Catherine Tate "Am I bovvered?", terrific stuff.

What was all that stuff about thinking the journos should be empathising with his feelings? They're journos FFS. With the honourable exception of Clive, they're not known for their ability to be caring and cuddly. And that was after saying he doesn't give a damn about his players' feelings. He sounds paranoid and a bit of nob really.
Wilder on 08:55 - Aug 8 with 2139 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Wilder on 06:39 - Aug 8 by nix

What was all that stuff about thinking the journos should be empathising with his feelings? They're journos FFS. With the honourable exception of Clive, they're not known for their ability to be caring and cuddly. And that was after saying he doesn't give a damn about his players' feelings. He sounds paranoid and a bit of nob really.

Struck me as a bit under pressure actually. I’ll be surprised if he’s around much longer even though it’s only two games in!
Wilder on 09:12 - Aug 8 with 2109 viewsnix

Wilder on 08:55 - Aug 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

Struck me as a bit under pressure actually. I’ll be surprised if he’s around much longer even though it’s only two games in!

Maybe he got too much of a fanfare as the second coming when he replaced Warnock. Surely he should be able to cope with it two games in though? I don't think it's great for the players to see him losing it at this stage..
Wilder on 10:34 - Aug 8 with 2008 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Wilder on 09:12 - Aug 8 by nix

Maybe he got too much of a fanfare as the second coming when he replaced Warnock. Surely he should be able to cope with it two games in though? I don't think it's great for the players to see him losing it at this stage..

It’s a odd interview isn’t it.
Wilder on 11:00 - Aug 8 with 1974 viewsnix

Wilder on 10:34 - Aug 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

It’s a odd interview isn’t it.

Really weird. I think he needs to talk to someone...
Wilder on 11:11 - Aug 8 with 1937 viewsDannyPaddox

Wilder on 11:00 - Aug 8 by nix

Really weird. I think he needs to talk to someone...

Has the full backing of the board of directors … for now.
Wilder on 12:15 - Aug 8 with 1874 viewskernowhoop

Comments of that kind from a manager are sometimes indicative of something wrong behind the scenes; something not immediately apparent.
Login to get fewer ads

Wilder on 12:17 - Aug 8 with 1862 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Wilder on 12:15 - Aug 8 by kernowhoop

Comments of that kind from a manager are sometimes indicative of something wrong behind the scenes; something not immediately apparent.

It’s the shrug of the shoulders and ‘I don’t know what’s going on with incoming transfers’ that made me think this too!
Wilder on 13:53 - Aug 8 with 1795 viewsPinnerPaul

From Clive's match report thread

Bit harsh on the ref, no KMI (Key Match Incidents) wrong in your view and mine.

Don't like 'just about' got one advantage right, could just as well say 'just about' got the Illias one wrong - but there we go, can't agree on everything.

Wilder's rant sums up why referees, at all levels, are so reluctant to speak to managers.

They all claim to want 'just a word' or to 'just ask a question', when really all they want to do is have (another) rant about a decision or three!

Can't quite believe he can't see the hypocrisy of accusing the referee of making comment on his and his team's coaching (which he didn't anyway!) but think its perfectly fine to rant on about the referee's performance.

You coach/manage, let the referees referee matey!

Anyway lets finish on a positive - great day - you know what; Boro's 2 goals actually made it more enjoyable in the end - through adversity and all that - but agree, it WAS exhausting to watch!
Wilder on 14:08 - Aug 8 with 1739 viewsMyke

Wilder's a great manager at this level (although often gets transfers wrong) and this disproportionate rant is indicative of the pressure he is under to deliver I think. It is getting worse and worse every season, managers are getting less and less time to implement their own style and ideas. Even Beale looked a totally different man post Boro. He looked a bit haunted post Blackburn - after one game!
Wilder is expected to deliver a top 6 finish as a bare minimum and one point from six has him seriously under pressure already - hence the rant.
Wilder on 14:12 - Aug 8 with 1712 viewsLongsufferingR

just fyi the red card was given as DOGSO so he's only banned for one match. The thigh high studs up impact wasn't what the ref gave it for.
Wilder on 16:35 - Aug 8 with 1608 viewsfrancisbowles

Wilder on 13:53 - Aug 8 by PinnerPaul

From Clive's match report thread

Bit harsh on the ref, no KMI (Key Match Incidents) wrong in your view and mine.

Don't like 'just about' got one advantage right, could just as well say 'just about' got the Illias one wrong - but there we go, can't agree on everything.

Wilder's rant sums up why referees, at all levels, are so reluctant to speak to managers.

They all claim to want 'just a word' or to 'just ask a question', when really all they want to do is have (another) rant about a decision or three!

Can't quite believe he can't see the hypocrisy of accusing the referee of making comment on his and his team's coaching (which he didn't anyway!) but think its perfectly fine to rant on about the referee's performance.

You coach/manage, let the referees referee matey!

Anyway lets finish on a positive - great day - you know what; Boro's 2 goals actually made it more enjoyable in the end - through adversity and all that - but agree, it WAS exhausting to watch!

I didn't think the ref had a great game, inconsistencies that Clive alluded to.

However, if Wilder asks him at ht why he allowed the goal, then the referee is entitled to answer or not answer the question. If he chooses to give an honest opinion then you may not agree with it but your question has been answered. It's not time to go all sulky and start insulting the ref. on a public forum. He, Wilder, deserves a sanction.
Wilder on 17:10 - Aug 8 with 1560 viewsHastings_Hoops

Full on David Brent 🔔⛔️
Wilder on 17:22 - Aug 8 with 1516 viewsPinnerPaul

Wilder on 16:35 - Aug 8 by francisbowles

I didn't think the ref had a great game, inconsistencies that Clive alluded to.

However, if Wilder asks him at ht why he allowed the goal, then the referee is entitled to answer or not answer the question. If he chooses to give an honest opinion then you may not agree with it but your question has been answered. It's not time to go all sulky and start insulting the ref. on a public forum. He, Wilder, deserves a sanction.

Inconsistencies, usually means a decision we agree with and some we don't - happens every game.

Not every foul is a yellow, not every foul isn't, not every challenge is a foul, not every challenge is fair.

Its not a referees web site and we won, so not going into full training mode, but there are reasons why referees manage games the way they do, that can, I agree, look inconsistent and at times baffling.
Wilder on 17:40 - Aug 8 with 1490 viewsPinnerPaul

Wilder on 18:48 - Aug 7 by Antti_Heinola

Absolutely deluded.
Complaining about Jones who was seriously lucky to be on the pitch at the end, certainly should have been booked for clattering Chair in one of the most obvious yellows of all time. And there's no foul on the keeper. He is absolutely deluded if he thinks there's a foul there. He talks about it being a penalty because the fans appealed for it (!) - he should look at his own team, not one of which appealed for the foul - that tells you everything.

and also only one player chased the referee after the 2nd goal - wonder who that was?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2022 17:45]
Wilder on 17:43 - Aug 8 with 1474 viewsPinnerPaul

Wilder on 21:56 - Aug 7 by charmr

Chloe, Bowles stand opening, LR jumping. That was a stiff test for an opposition team and for a mangaer to manage his team in those circumstances. It showed as Boro never got going in the first half.

2nd half got his team back in it, on the pitch with his team and a lot better focused. Took the game to us and nearly earned a point at least. I think some credit should be thrown his way. Boro,s players should be stronger mentally for having that experience Saturday and Wilder will be reinforcing and uniting his team with it. Very probable some of his players had not experienced a pre match and 45 mins like that before.

A lot on here thought the ref had a poor game so did the losing teams manager.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 22:11]

The losing team's manager ALWAYS thinks the ref had a poor game - he didn't!
Wilder on 17:49 - Aug 8 with 1438 viewsswitchingcode

Wilder on 14:08 - Aug 8 by Myke

Wilder's a great manager at this level (although often gets transfers wrong) and this disproportionate rant is indicative of the pressure he is under to deliver I think. It is getting worse and worse every season, managers are getting less and less time to implement their own style and ideas. Even Beale looked a totally different man post Boro. He looked a bit haunted post Blackburn - after one game!
Wilder is expected to deliver a top 6 finish as a bare minimum and one point from six has him seriously under pressure already - hence the rant.

That’s how I see it think most managers say things post match they will regret 24 hours later.He’s a good manager but like them all under massive pressure.Let’s not forget the crap Klopp came out with after Fulham gave then a run for their money Saturday.
Wilder on 17:55 - Aug 8 with 1422 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Wilder on 17:49 - Aug 8 by switchingcode

That’s how I see it think most managers say things post match they will regret 24 hours later.He’s a good manager but like them all under massive pressure.Let’s not forget the crap Klopp came out with after Fulham gave then a run for their money Saturday.

Any other managers you can think of closer to home that might be famous for post match bullshit 😆
Wilder on 18:20 - Aug 8 with 1394 viewsquickpassrotter

Wilder on 08:55 - Aug 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yea - came across as being under pressure (after only 2 games without a win). Would have done better to state that the his team's first half performance was unacceptable but we got it back on track in the second and could have got something out of the game.
Just lashing out at everybody and everything was somewhat embarrassing for him and his club. Usually he is more circumspect and considered with his comments.
I don't know - but I think he may have slightly underestimated us on the day. Was shocked to go 3 nil down - came back - but still got nothing from the game.
Wilder on 18:27 - Aug 8 with 1371 viewsswitchingcode

Wilder on 17:55 - Aug 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

Any other managers you can think of closer to home that might be famous for post match bullshit 😆

Warbs ? Oli ?
Wilder on 23:15 - Aug 8 with 1197 viewslightwaterhoop

The Daily Mails match report was just about Wilders press conference and then a couple of paragraphs about Chloe Kelly and Stans family.No mention of the game whatsoever.
Wilder on 23:31 - Aug 8 with 1176 viewsSydneyRs

Wilder on 23:15 - Aug 8 by lightwaterhoop

The Daily Mails match report was just about Wilders press conference and then a couple of paragraphs about Chloe Kelly and Stans family.No mention of the game whatsoever.

I'm sorry, but if you read the Daily bloody Mail you deserve all you get. Nazi sh1t rag.
Wilder on 23:41 - Aug 8 with 1160 viewslightwaterhoop

Wilder on 23:31 - Aug 8 by SydneyRs

I'm sorry, but if you read the Daily bloody Mail you deserve all you get. Nazi sh1t rag.

The sport section is usually pretty good.The Wife buys it on a Monday for the health and make up section i only read the sports bit.
Wilder on 06:20 - Aug 9 with 1055 viewsLeedsR

Not that Facebook is necessarily a reliable barometer of feeling, (especially when it comes to ourselves), but for some reason it threw up a link to the Middlesbrough page on my feed. The link was for Wilder’s post match interview, but the comments section from the Boro fans made for interesting reading.

These were some of them:

“Not going along with blaming the officials myself... we lost the game first half cos we didn't stop them scoring. Bringing Paddy on at halfway was 45mins too late for a start... Wilder was too much like Warnock in that interview...”

“This sounds like CW in his last days at the blades, he needs to look at himself as he just didn't react with how we were playing until it was too late. Doubt we'll get many more players in with Bauser holding the purse strings. I just worry where we go from here concerning tactics, at least Forss scored”

“Play your best 11, absolutely diabolical first half down to managers tactics and player choice.”

Some clearly didn’t agree with Wilder, and there many who were understandably giving the “it’s only two games in”. I suppose no manager has the backing of all the fans, but the reaction to the interview was at least interesting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024