Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze 08:10 - Aug 16 with 8636 viewstraininvain

Put in a big performance last night against Liverpool including a lovely assist: https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/patrick-vieira-eberechi-eze-liverpool-

Before anyone says ‘he’s not our player any more’ let’s remember that we have a reported 30% sell on clause so it’s in our interest for him to have a good season. Maybe Newcastle will switch their attention to Eze if they can’t sign Maddison for £50m+

Either way it’s good to see him shining again after his injury last season.
Eze on 08:14 - Aug 16 with 5147 viewsPunteR

Funnily enough my lad has just shown me his assist.
Quality.
Lovely touch, balance and a perfectly weighted ball to open up the defence of one of the best teams in the world.
Was there a sell on clause?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Eze on 08:21 - Aug 16 with 5094 viewsSouthallRanger

Eze on 08:14 - Aug 16 by PunteR

Quality.
Lovely touch, balance and a perfectly weighted ball to open up the defence of one of the best teams in the world.

Indeed. In fact I read somewhere “that we have a reported 30% sell on clause”

Can’t remember where I got that from
Eze on 08:23 - Aug 16 with 5067 viewsdaveB

I really hope he gets a big money move this window, mainly for selfish QPR reasons but he is also brilliant
Eze on 08:26 - Aug 16 with 5042 viewsRs_Holy

Eze on 08:21 - Aug 16 by SouthallRanger

Indeed. In fact I read somewhere “that we have a reported 30% sell on clause”

Can’t remember where I got that from

he looked great against one of the best defenses in the Prem.... surely a bigger club beckons :)
Eze on 08:27 - Aug 16 with 5036 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I had a feeling it was 20%. Can anyone recall the actual figure (reported or speculated at the time)
Eze on 08:34 - Aug 16 with 4988 viewsSouthallRanger

I didn’t watch the match, but read good things on Twitter and bbc text commentary.

In terms of palace. It seems zaha might be winding down his contract and his age means they won’t get as big money for him as they could in the past. Their next big prospects are Eze and Olise. Who also looks a very good player.

I also hope for our sake that he has a great season. Too late to make this years World Cup squad. I wish him well and loved him when he played for us. But he doesn’t any more. Only reason I want him to have a sensational season is for the big money move and qpr to get some wonga
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 8:35]
Eze on 08:35 - Aug 16 with 4965 viewsswitchingcode

20% If he went for 50 mill then looking at around 8 mill
Eze on 08:39 - Aug 16 with 4926 viewsSuperhoop83

Eze on 08:14 - Aug 16 by PunteR

Quality.

"Lovely touch, balance and a perfectly weighted ball to open up the defence of one of the best teams in the world."

Jamie Carragher explained at half time, in excruciating detail, that the goal was a result of poor defending by his beloved team. If Eze had really shown the great skills you and I thought he had shown, I'm sure Jamie Carragher would have mentioned it.

Cough.

Suffering since 1978.

Login to get fewer ads

Eze on 08:40 - Aug 16 with 4915 viewsSouthallRanger

Eze on 08:35 - Aug 16 by switchingcode

20% If he went for 50 mill then looking at around 8 mill

We know what 20% is :)

Keep in mind that in my opinion the only one of our squad who might fetch more than £8m in my own option is willock. And that is not a bad amount of money for us

Edit. Just done the math. You ribbing us. 20% of 50 is obviously 10. I should pay more attention
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 8:43]
Eze on 08:50 - Aug 16 with 4855 viewsPhilmyRs

Eze on 08:39 - Aug 16 by Superhoop83

"Lovely touch, balance and a perfectly weighted ball to open up the defence of one of the best teams in the world."

Jamie Carragher explained at half time, in excruciating detail, that the goal was a result of poor defending by his beloved team. If Eze had really shown the great skills you and I thought he had shown, I'm sure Jamie Carragher would have mentioned it.

Cough.

This. Watched the game, quality play from Eze so was interested in comments at half time and all we got was how poor the defending was. Nothing about the magic feet, pass and decent finish. The usual biased coverage.
Eze on 08:50 - Aug 16 with 4848 viewsswitchingcode

Eze on 08:40 - Aug 16 by SouthallRanger

We know what 20% is :)

Keep in mind that in my opinion the only one of our squad who might fetch more than £8m in my own option is willock. And that is not a bad amount of money for us

Edit. Just done the math. You ribbing us. 20% of 50 is obviously 10. I should pay more attention
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 8:43]

That’s not how it works 😃it’s 20% of the difference between the 2 sales ie sold for 18 mill then sold for 50 mill = 32 mill 20 % =6.4 mill I know about these things we do it regularly
Eze on 08:54 - Aug 16 with 4828 viewsSouthallRanger

Eze on 08:50 - Aug 16 by switchingcode

That’s not how it works 😃it’s 20% of the difference between the 2 sales ie sold for 18 mill then sold for 50 mill = 32 mill 20 % =6.4 mill I know about these things we do it regularly

Fair enough. Never got into details about how these things actually work. Thanks
Eze on 08:58 - Aug 16 with 4797 viewstraininvain

Even at 20% / £7/8m it makes him one of our best short term chances of generating the kind of money needed to keep the FFP wolf from the door. With the added benefit of not losing one of our current players, albeit it’s likely we’ll need to sell Willock over the next 12 months to avoid losing him on a free.
Eze on 08:59 - Aug 16 with 4789 viewsswitchingcode

Eze on 08:54 - Aug 16 by SouthallRanger

Fair enough. Never got into details about how these things actually work. Thanks

No probs got caught out on that when we started selling players.
Eze on 08:59 - Aug 16 with 4794 viewsnix

Lovely balance as the defender tried a knee high tackle and he just hurdled it and continued on. Super weighted pass for Zaha.

I think they might have had a bit of stick on Twitter in the studio as they mentioned Ebs at the end and in the interview with Viera who was very complementary, and referenced how he was only just getting back to full match fitness after his injury.
Eze on 09:00 - Aug 16 with 4794 viewsessextaxiboy

I( am interested because he is a lovely young bloke and treated our club with total respect until his very last kick .
Eze on 09:08 - Aug 16 with 4713 viewsSonofpugwash

Still a bit lightweight but what a talent!
I'll bet the dullard Southgate will dutifully ignore him of course....him and Grealish? Nah.....

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Eze on 09:23 - Aug 16 with 4608 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Eze on 08:27 - Aug 16 by CroydonCaptJack

I had a feeling it was 20%. Can anyone recall the actual figure (reported or speculated at the time)

It was reported as 20% of the next sale, not 20% of the profit (Sell-on clauses can be either).

So 20% of, say, £50m.

When we sold Ferdinand for £6m, Hayes got £600k.
When Liverpool sold Sterling we got a cut of the overall fee, not the profit.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eze on 09:25 - Aug 16 with 4589 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just seen the goal. Lovely by Eze. Absolutely lovely.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eze on 09:27 - Aug 16 with 4581 viewsSir_Chops

Eze on 08:23 - Aug 16 by daveB

I really hope he gets a big money move this window, mainly for selfish QPR reasons but he is also brilliant

I don't think he was that far off the England squad before he got injured was he? Imagine if he tore it up for a few months, got included in the World Cup squad and got a couple of caps. Sell on would be worth a lot more to us then, I reckon :)
Eze on 10:36 - Aug 16 with 4312 viewstraininvain

This Eze assist was from a pre season friendly earlier this month: https://www.reddit.com/r/crystalpalace/comments/wc84dd/zaha_goal_vs_montpellier_

Feels like he’s finding his form again after the injury and hopefully a very big season ahead.
Eze on 10:38 - Aug 16 with 4283 viewsMedwayR

They did highlight Eze after the game, particularly the assist and how Fabinho tried to chop him down and Eze just stepped around it. A couple of sloppy passes but otherwise a pretty faultless display, long May it continue.

Poll: Who’s better?

Eze on 10:44 - Aug 16 with 4245 viewsNorthernr

I thought he was incredible, though Zaha doesn't often seem to agree.
Eze on 10:47 - Aug 16 with 4228 viewssparkey

Eze on 10:44 - Aug 16 by Northernr

Zaha is a petulant baby. It's a shame because he is extremely talented. Definitely the reason no big club ever gambled on him since returning to palace

[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 10:48]
Eze on 10:50 - Aug 16 with 4192 viewsdmm

Eze on 10:44 - Aug 16 by Northernr

In complete contrast to Eze, Zaha is impossible to like - though I suppose Palace supporters have to. It's hard to imagine a more moany, self obsessed player - Ronaldo excepted of course.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024