Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest 18:31 - Aug 23 with 4043 viewsted_hendrix

Enjoy You're bloody world cup.

From the Beeb.

Qatar has deported migrant workers who protested about unpaid wages, as the country prepares for the football World Cup in November.

At least 60 workers rallied outside Al Bandary International Group's Doha offices on 14 August - some reportedly had not been paid for seven months.

A number of protesters were detained and some were deported, although it's not known how many.

The government said those who were deported had "breached security laws".

Since Qatar was awarded the World Cup in 2010 - sparking a wave of construction of stadiums and infrastructure across the country - its treatment of migrant workers has been questioned.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 18:42 - Aug 23 with 3979 viewstoboboly

Lucky they were only deported

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 18:45 - Aug 23 with 3967 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"Since Qatar was awarded the World Cup in 2010 - sparking a wave of construction of stadiums and infrastructure across the country - its treatment of migrant workers has been questioned."

Christ! Hard-hitting stuff there from the BBC!

"Questioned?"

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 18:50 - Aug 23 with 3945 viewsdistortR

Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 18:45 - Aug 23 by BrianMcCarthy

"Since Qatar was awarded the World Cup in 2010 - sparking a wave of construction of stadiums and infrastructure across the country - its treatment of migrant workers has been questioned."

"Questioned?"

Down with that sort of thing
Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 19:04 - Aug 23 with 3885 viewsLazyFan

Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 18:45 - Aug 23 by BrianMcCarthy

"Questioned?"

Typical BBC loony leftie stuff of trying to be anti-big business and pro-union.

If it weren't state-owned, then we would not have this article at all, I claim libtard leftie bias by the BBC just because it's state-owned so, it must be true.

The toned-down article exists therefore BBC must loony lefties.

zzzzzzzzzz

Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 19:17 - Aug 23 with 3839 viewsted_hendrix

From the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre.

Qatar World Cup: report reveals 34 stadium worker deaths in 6 years.

Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 20:57 - Aug 23 with 3623 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 19:17 - Aug 23 by ted_hendrix

From the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre.

Qatar World Cup: report reveals 34 stadium worker deaths in 6 years.

Try 6,500 albeit not all WC related.

https://amp.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/feb/23/revealed-migrant-work
[Post edited 23 Aug 2022 20:58]
Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 21:41 - Aug 23 with 3534 viewsstowmarketrange

Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 20:57 - Aug 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

https://amp.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/feb/23/revealed-migrant-work

I don’t know how Blatter and Platini sleep at night.Money talks and the poorest die.We should all boycott it.
Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 21:56 - Aug 23 with 3493 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 21:41 - Aug 23 by stowmarketrange

I don’t know how Blatter and Platini sleep at night.Money talks and the poorest die.We should all boycott it.

We should Boycott. Honestly it wouldn't take much to distract me from it.

Meanwhile there's a thread on here today suggesting that we should follow the Watford and Forest route to 'success'

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 22:22 - Aug 23 with 3429 viewsted_hendrix

Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 20:57 - Aug 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

I sped read a similar report earlier with a view to reading It later, haven't got round to It yet.

I've been following this 'issue' on and off for years but It had slipped my mind recently.

I was hoping beyond hope that this would be the year that some Independant TV Coy or independant news outlet would bring this 'issue' out properly to the notice of the worlds footballing fraternity and the general public a proper no holds barred report but alas I can't see that happening now.

I've already said a couple of times on this MB that I won't be watching one second of It, not one. There's no other way I can protest. (FWIW protest)

Look, I don't wanna be or sound like some kind of a killjoy, I love my football who on this MB doesn't? but having spent most of my life In major construction and a lot of that time as an AUEW convener I just can't fathom or get to grips with the fact that this not only has happened but has been allowed to happen.

Those poor bastards who have lost their lives just trying to make a few bob for their famalies back home.

It's gonna make my skin crawl when It kicks off

Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 09:29 - Aug 24 with 3188 viewsEsox_Lucius

Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 21:41 - Aug 23 by stowmarketrange

Already made that decision.I'm not going to watch a minute of it. There should be criminal charges laid for how this was allowed to go ahead.

The grass is always greener.

Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 09:34 - Aug 24 with 3178 viewsSuperhoop83

Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 09:29 - Aug 24 by Esox_Lucius

Already made that decision.I'm not going to watch a minute of it. There should be criminal charges laid for how this was allowed to go ahead.

Serious question - if millions of us choose not to watch the world cup for the first time ever, will it have any impact? If so, in what way?

I agree with you about criminal charges but Blatter and Platini have been allowed to get away with it. Sorry, I mean exonerated.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2022 9:35]

Suffering since 1978.

Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 10:34 - Aug 24 with 3077 viewsRangers67

Couldn,t agree more with the sentiments on here stating that they will not be watching the World Cup. You can add me to that list. As futile as it may seem to some people to not watch this I cannot bring myself to do it whilst there are poor people dying whilst trying to make a living in those conditions. It absolutely appals me that the the football authorities have sanctioned this and have turned a blind eye to the human rights abuses ongoing out there. However I am not surprised, money talks and greed talks even louder.
Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 10:50 - Aug 24 with 3048 viewsDubaiR

I work for a fine turf care manufacturer, our dealer in Qatar did a deal to provide all the equipment and haven’t been paid.

Shambles of a decision to have the world cup in Qatar
Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 10:54 - Aug 24 with 3029 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

This, this, this.

Will not watch a minute of it. You'll get the 'Oh, but it's not the team's fault so I still want to support them' argument. Nice. That makes it all OK then.

Hopefully whoever wins it has the balls to immediately dedicate it to the memory of the people who lost their lives so the billions could have their bit of fun and leave it at that.
Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 11:07 - Aug 24 with 3003 viewsonlyrinmoray

I made a decision not to watch any of it the day Qatar got the gig I’m sure that will worry them I will feel better though
Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 18:02 - Aug 24 with 2758 viewsHayesender

I'm gonna take the time to go and watch a few non league games.

I have no interest in this bollock of a world Cup

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 18:22 - Aug 24 with 2736 viewsessextaxiboy

Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 09:34 - Aug 24 by Superhoop83

Serious question - if millions of us choose not to watch the world cup for the first time ever, will it have any impact? If so, in what way?

I agree with you about criminal charges but Blatter and Platini have been allowed to get away with it. Sorry, I mean exonerated.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2022 9:35]

I dont think it wiil affect FIFA too much .
I understand that almost all of the commercial partnerships are done and they are starting to work on The Womens World cup next year and then 2026 in USA and Mexico which will be huge commercially .
Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 18:36 - Aug 24 with 2711 viewsstowmarketrange

Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 18:22 - Aug 24 by essextaxiboy

I dont think it wiil affect FIFA too much .
I understand that almost all of the commercial partnerships are done and they are starting to work on The Womens World cup next year and then 2026 in USA and Mexico which will be huge commercially .

There will be enough people to spend money on sticker books and other merchandise to justify their obscene decision to award it to them in the first place.
Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 20:38 - Aug 24 with 2591 viewsloftboy

Not going to watch either. Never should have been awarded to them.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 21:37 - Aug 24 with 2496 viewsdigswellhoop

not going to watch it as think newcastle owners etc should be banned
Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 22:03 - Aug 24 with 2457 viewskensalriser

You just know that this suppurating obscenity of a tournament will be the one England win.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 22:14 - Aug 24 with 2451 viewsMiss_Terraces

Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 20:38 - Aug 24 by loftboy

Not going to watch either. Never should have been awarded to them.

Thankfully I decided to boycott this tournament before I decided to boycott var games, I'm with The Moral Minority in this

My boycott is against this regime hosting this world cup

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Qatar deports migrant workers after wage protest on 09:13 - Aug 25 with 2274 viewsEsox_Lucius

The main sponsors are: Visa Inc., Adidas AG, Coca-Cola Co., Dalian Wanda Group, Hyundai Motor Co., Qatar Energy and Qatar Airways.time for social media to do it's thing? McDonalds are also minor sponsors.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024