Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gerrard 12:40 - Aug 29 with 3271 viewsDoudou87

Does Villa's poor start to the season reaffirm the rumours that Beale was actually the mastermind behind Gerrard's managerial success?

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Gerrard on 12:45 - Aug 29 with 3219 viewswelwynranger

Time will tell on that one
Gerrard on 12:47 - Aug 29 with 3209 viewsMedwayR

Maybe, perhaps the dynamic with Critchley isn't right either, who knows...

Poll: Who’s better?

Gerrard on 13:16 - Aug 29 with 3112 viewsswitchingcode

They are starting as poorly as they finished last season 3 wins in last 12 he how has a far worse record than Dean Smith
Gerrard on 13:17 - Aug 29 with 3109 viewsNorthernr

If we are still thinking of loans from Villa might be worth getting them done at the start of this week rather than the end!
Gerrard on 13:59 - Aug 29 with 2951 viewsDWQPR

It’s a typical scenario where a fantastic footballer proves himself to be a shît manager. Look at the two best young English managers in the Prem at the moment, Potter and Howe. Not much to shout about career wise as footballers. Ferguson and Wenger the same. Klopp. Gerrard just doesn’t cut it for me.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Gerrard on 14:09 - Aug 29 with 2892 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Gerrard on 13:17 - Aug 29 by Northernr

If we are still thinking of loans from Villa might be worth getting them done at the start of this week rather than the end!

I'd be loathe to taking Gerrard on loan given his age and lack of gametime over the last 5 years or so.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Gerrard on 14:19 - Aug 29 with 2850 viewsnix

I wonder if the same is true about Wayne Rooney and Liam Rosenior. Derby seem to be doing ok without Wayne, despite losing even more of their better players at the end of the season.
Gerrard on 14:48 - Aug 29 with 2756 viewsDannytheR

I think they've got Arsenal and Man City next...
Login to get fewer ads

Gerrard on 14:55 - Aug 29 with 2709 viewsDavieQPR

Gerrard on 13:59 - Aug 29 by DWQPR

It’s a typical scenario where a fantastic footballer proves himself to be a shît manager. Look at the two best young English managers in the Prem at the moment, Potter and Howe. Not much to shout about career wise as footballers. Ferguson and Wenger the same. Klopp. Gerrard just doesn’t cut it for me.

The top players have a lackey to do everything for them and aren't used to living in the real world.
Gerrard on 15:50 - Aug 29 with 2562 viewsGroveR

Interestingly, the Indo suggests the same.

Even before this season began, the Aston Villa players had noticed something different about preparation. The management staff have a private Instagram account that the squad all follow, and it used to be filled with tactical ideas and clips from training. That was at least until this summer, and the departure of Michael Beale.

Since then, the posts have been a lot less frequent. A connected criticism has been that Villa’s tactical set-up is a lot less sophisticated. It may be unfair, perhaps even premature, but it does speak to the idea that it was Beale who did the team shape and Steven Gerrard who did everything around it.

I'll be happy when Fat Frank falls to pull Everton out of their tailspin. Always disliked that club.
Gerrard on 16:09 - Aug 29 with 2506 viewsterryb

Gerrard on 13:59 - Aug 29 by DWQPR

Ferguson did play four times for Scotland, but I understand where you're coming from.

Johan Cruyff is the exceprion to the rule. Probably a few others as well!
Gerrard on 16:14 - Aug 29 with 2488 viewsHoopstar

Guardiola was also a superb footballer in his day
Gerrard on 17:33 - Aug 29 with 2284 viewsGalileo

Gerrard on 16:14 - Aug 29 by Hoopstar

Guardiola was also a superb footballer in his day

I think we’d all agree Venables did ok as both player and manager.

And we can claim to have had the only player manger to score a hat trick in the top flight of English football… not many of us there but I did see Trevor Francis score 3 at Villa Park.
Gerrard on 18:52 - Aug 29 with 2122 viewsCamberleyR

Gerrard on 16:09 - Aug 29 by terryb

Ferguson did play four times for Scotland, but I understand where you're coming from.

Johan Cruyff is the exceprion to the rule. Probably a few others as well!

World Cup winners as players and managers, Franz Beckenbauer and Didier Deschamps probably the most obvious.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Gerrard on 18:59 - Aug 29 with 2089 viewsterryb

Gerrard on 18:52 - Aug 29 by CamberleyR

World Cup winners as players and managers, Franz Beckenbauer and Didier Deschamps probably the most obvious.

I think you can chuck in Ramsey, Busby & Shankly from the British Isles as well.

The more I think about it, the more there seem to be!
Gerrard on 20:27 - Aug 29 with 1869 viewsMedwayR

Zidane has done ok for himself!
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 20:28]

Poll: Who’s better?

Gerrard on 20:51 - Aug 29 with 1770 viewspaulparker

Johan cruyff wasn’t to shabby either

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024