Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship 19:45 - Oct 6 with 2915 viewsstainrods_elbow

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/stop-the-clocks-sheffi

You have to admit he has a point! Seny's goal kicks (when he was taking him) were so long he was probably lucky not to be red-carded by the end. There's no doubt at all the Champ product is getting more and more devalued by shithousery, time wasting and now being able to sub half your team. it's a shame.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2022 19:46]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 19:48 - Oct 6 with 2886 viewsLanhoop

He's going love playing Preston isn't he?
Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 19:52 - Oct 6 with 2844 viewsbarbicanranger

I thought that was part and parcel of what we sign up for in this league. I bet they are no different away from home and dare I say worse at home if protecting a lead.
Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 20:18 - Oct 6 with 2688 viewsDWQPR

If they get in the Prem then with the talent at their disposal they’ll be shîthousing from minute one.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 21:06 - Oct 6 with 2534 viewsdaveB

I didn't think we were that bad the other night, was he expecting us to rush every goal kick. wanting 21 mins extra time is laughable.

He'll change his tune when it's inevitably his team doing it at some stage this season

I do agree that time wasting should be clamped down on but so should waiting for a player to run to the other side of the pitch to take a long throw or stopping for a water break which they were happy to do the other night
Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 21:40 - Oct 6 with 2425 viewsGloryHunter

He's a sore loser. We've had it done to us often enough. I'm glad we are finally getting our own back. The trick is to score first, which thankfully we have been managing to do lately.
Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 22:06 - Oct 6 with 2363 viewscolinallcars

I'm a bit depressed that we are using such tactics but as Clive has pointed out many times it's up to the refs and legislators to come up with the answer. We are less sinners and more sinned against as my vicar would say.
Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 22:48 - Oct 6 with 2266 viewsSydneyRs

Players and teams will do whatever they can get away with, we've been victims often enough ourselves. Until the league clamps down on it, it will continue and we'd be mugs not to take advantage when it suits us to.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2022 23:13]
Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 07:45 - Oct 7 with 2011 views00calben

I have to agree with him. I was very disappointed we were time wasting right from the very first minute *(…..whilst taking nothing away from the team for what was a magnificent result)

Something needs to happen with this time wasting though - the championship is becoming a pretty unbearable watch - I can’t recall a recent champ game I’ve watched where one team wasn’t engaging in all this sh^t
Login to get fewer ads

Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 09:53 - Oct 7 with 1835 viewsfrancisbowles

Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 21:06 - Oct 6 by daveB

I didn't think we were that bad the other night, was he expecting us to rush every goal kick. wanting 21 mins extra time is laughable.

He'll change his tune when it's inevitably his team doing it at some stage this season

I do agree that time wasting should be clamped down on but so should waiting for a player to run to the other side of the pitch to take a long throw or stopping for a water break which they were happy to do the other night

I totally agree with all of that Daveb.

We seemed to be slowest early in the game, trying to stop Sheffield building a head of steam. Their ball boys were quick to return the ball and we were right not to rush.

We speeded up later in the game, probably after referee intervention, which is usually the time when effective time wasting takes place. I don't remember any of ours going down with cramp or feigning head injuries.
Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 10:24 - Oct 7 with 1775 viewsNorthernr

Crikey I'm agreeing with Stainrod's Elbow. We have taken the pis in the last few games. The "clampdown" promised pre-season lasted, as they always do, no further than the first weekend. It's a shame, it devalues and already crap product still further. I do not understand why referees are just so happy to allow it.
Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 10:33 - Oct 7 with 1734 viewsPinnerPaul

Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 10:24 - Oct 7 by Northernr

Crikey I'm agreeing with Stainrod's Elbow. We have taken the pis in the last few games. The "clampdown" promised pre-season lasted, as they always do, no further than the first weekend. It's a shame, it devalues and already crap product still further. I do not understand why referees are just so happy to allow it.

I too, watching the live stream and it all again yesterday, didn't think we were that bad.

Having thought about it though, a goal kick decision is usually followed by 2 or 3 replays of the play leading up to said GK, so at home, even live, it doesn't seem too bad.

Able to look at it calmly again, allows you to look at the time more subjectively, and I have to say - even without adding anything on for the game management - the subs, injuries and adjusting the referees equipment took over 6 minutes, so the 5 was a little light in any case.

In answer to Clive's question, and we've been here before to much angst from some - its because the clubs don't want it.

How often, when someone has been (rightly) sent off do you hear managers come out and say/imply the referee has ruined/decided/affected the game by the sending off - its never/rarely the players fault.

Shout at me if I'm wrong, but you'll never see a 2nd yellow for Delaying The Restart, just like you'll never see a GK penalised for taking more than 6 seconds - it just ain't happening.
Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 10:35 - Oct 7 with 1727 viewsNorthernr

Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 10:33 - Oct 7 by PinnerPaul

I too, watching the live stream and it all again yesterday, didn't think we were that bad.

Having thought about it though, a goal kick decision is usually followed by 2 or 3 replays of the play leading up to said GK, so at home, even live, it doesn't seem too bad.

Able to look at it calmly again, allows you to look at the time more subjectively, and I have to say - even without adding anything on for the game management - the subs, injuries and adjusting the referees equipment took over 6 minutes, so the 5 was a little light in any case.

In answer to Clive's question, and we've been here before to much angst from some - its because the clubs don't want it.

How often, when someone has been (rightly) sent off do you hear managers come out and say/imply the referee has ruined/decided/affected the game by the sending off - its never/rarely the players fault.

Shout at me if I'm wrong, but you'll never see a 2nd yellow for Delaying The Restart, just like you'll never see a GK penalised for taking more than 6 seconds - it just ain't happening.

There was actually a bloke sent off at Leeds last week for that, it was pretty bloody blatant mind.
Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 11:35 - Oct 7 with 1632 viewsTonto

i thought we were pretty awful. i apologised to a Sheff Utd supporting mate for it.

(and this is also my first time agreeing with Stainrod's Elbow!!!)

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 11:53 - Oct 7 with 1586 viewsstowmarketrange

Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 10:35 - Oct 7 by Northernr

There was actually a bloke sent off at Leeds last week for that, it was pretty bloody blatant mind.

He did raise his leg to block the free kick from about 2 yards away so he deserved another yellow card for it.
We didn’t throw ourselves to the floor every 30 seconds like Blackpool did at our place,so it wasn’t the worst time wasting I’ve seen this season.Sunderland were doing the same at home when they were 2-0 up against us in August,but it backfired on them in the end.I admit we were taking the mickey with goal kicks,but being able to pass inside the area has contributed to that timewasting happening.
Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 11:57 - Oct 7 with 1567 viewsPinnerPaul

Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 10:35 - Oct 7 by Northernr

Mr Pinner Pedantic here again, that would have been for not being the required distance from a restart!
Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 11:59 - Oct 7 with 1556 viewsPinnerPaul

Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 11:53 - Oct 7 by stowmarketrange

He did raise his leg to block the free kick from about 2 yards away so he deserved another yellow card for it.
We didn’t throw ourselves to the floor every 30 seconds like Blackpool did at our place,so it wasn’t the worst time wasting I’ve seen this season.Sunderland were doing the same at home when they were 2-0 up against us in August,but it backfired on them in the end.I admit we were taking the mickey with goal kicks,but being able to pass inside the area has contributed to that timewasting happening.

That last point is a very good one.

With that option available, of course you have to let the GK decide if he wants to go short, where the oppo are etc or go long.

Of course, footballers being footballers, they have used that to their advantage as that decision never seems to take quite so long when they are losing!
Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 12:32 - Oct 7 with 1512 viewsMonkey_Roots

If your opposition gets 19 goal kicks, I'd be less worried about the time it takes for the goalkeeper to kick it, and more concerned as to why my team can't put the ball in the net.

He has a point, but it's the same for every team, and has been for a long time.

It's all a bit 'Wah wah, we lost'
Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 12:46 - Oct 7 with 1486 viewsstowmarketrange

Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 12:32 - Oct 7 by Monkey_Roots

If your opposition gets 19 goal kicks, I'd be less worried about the time it takes for the goalkeeper to kick it, and more concerned as to why my team can't put the ball in the net.

He has a point, but it's the same for every team, and has been for a long time.

It's all a bit 'Wah wah, we lost'

It only seems to be the losing manager and fans that complain about it when it happens.Maybe if the FA tried something radical like stopping the clock every time the ball went out of play,it might cut it out.But could we deal with night games going on until 10.30+?
Not very good if you’ve missed your last train home because of it but it’s the only way it can be stopped.
Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 13:31 - Oct 7 with 1432 viewsdoogi10

during this game sheff utd players walked away from the ball and wiated for us to pick it up and walk to where the free kick was given it happend 3 or 4times i just thought your wasting your own time.
Flipping Heckingbottom on Rangers' gamesmanship on 14:31 - Oct 7 with 1370 viewshamptonhillhoop

Nothing will top that Bournemouth bloke collapsing in his area after heading the ball last season. Even his own players were telling him to get up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024