Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a thoroughly nice bloke! 19:43 - Oct 23 with 3083 viewsbosh67

Wigan boss, Leam Richardson talking about the game yesterday. Hugely complimentary about the club, team and manager. I like the way his team plays as well. Another young manager coming through.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What a thoroughly nice bloke! on 20:01 - Oct 23 with 2924 viewsNorthernr

Was impressed with his team as well, given the resources. They'd have been fair value for 2-2.
What a thoroughly nice bloke! on 20:05 - Oct 23 with 2891 viewsMick_S

What a thoroughly nice bloke! on 20:01 - Oct 23 by Northernr

Was impressed with his team as well, given the resources. They'd have been fair value for 2-2.

Same here. They had a go from the first minute, no real dicking about and he had a good go with the substitutions.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

What a thoroughly nice bloke! on 20:17 - Oct 23 with 2786 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Impressive.

It's possible that we're bring seduced by all the luvvilly things he says about us....

"Playing at Loftus Road for the first time...
Great football club...
You walk around it and you can just see...
You sense...
Even all the corridors...
Absolute pristine..."

That aside, though with sincere thanks to all at the club who make our home seem so impressive, I was impressed by his team. I don't like that style of football, but both the eye and the stats tests yesterday suggested they were worth a draw at least.

And he could have bitched about that. But didn't.
I hope, like the Kit-Kat ad that he goes a long way.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What a thoroughly nice bloke! on 20:20 - Oct 23 with 2750 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Leam, though?

Jesus.

What a thoroughly nice bloke! on 20:32 - Oct 23 with 2654 viewsHadders

Glad the player's areas are "pristine" - lucky he didn't try the fan's refreshments or toilets!
What a thoroughly nice bloke! on 20:32 - Oct 23 with 2628 viewsstainrods_elbow

Agree with that and that 2-2 would have been a fair outcome - almost any other manager would have been spitting feathers about what got away. So heartening, though, for us to end the week with another win after 'the week that was' . Yes, we rode our luck and played a bit within ourselves for too much of the game but also produced some very good moments, driven on by Chair and an eyecatching performance from Tim, with Field the Shield impermeable as ever. Beale looked happy but exhausted in his post-match interview, and I'd love to hear more one day what he's learned about himself and being a football manager in recent days. I had a feeling when they hit the woodwork this really was our day, and could be our season. Without getting ahead of ourselves in the way MB underlines, the side is starting to show some of Warnock's smoothly oiled soul and swagger 2010-11 - and in Chair and Willock (when available), we have the cleverness and craft - almost - of one Terror Bat.

Roberts needs to do more to convince me, Richards needs to put his protracted injuries behind him and belatedly play his part, and Dykes needs to build on his excellent showing against Cardiff and continue to shove some of our words down our throats. If we can get Willock back and fit (early season signs have not been encouraging), and our key performers like Chair, Field and Balogun keep on doing what they've been doing, we can chew up anyone in this dog-eat-dog league.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2022 20:35]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

What a thoroughly nice bloke! on 20:34 - Oct 23 with 2635 viewsessextaxiboy

Lining himself up for when Mick departs
What a thoroughly nice bloke! on 21:22 - Oct 23 with 2376 viewsRangersDave

What a thoroughly nice bloke! on 20:32 - Oct 23 by stainrods_elbow

Agree with that and that 2-2 would have been a fair outcome - almost any other manager would have been spitting feathers about what got away. So heartening, though, for us to end the week with another win after 'the week that was' . Yes, we rode our luck and played a bit within ourselves for too much of the game but also produced some very good moments, driven on by Chair and an eyecatching performance from Tim, with Field the Shield impermeable as ever. Beale looked happy but exhausted in his post-match interview, and I'd love to hear more one day what he's learned about himself and being a football manager in recent days. I had a feeling when they hit the woodwork this really was our day, and could be our season. Without getting ahead of ourselves in the way MB underlines, the side is starting to show some of Warnock's smoothly oiled soul and swagger 2010-11 - and in Chair and Willock (when available), we have the cleverness and craft - almost - of one Terror Bat.

Roberts needs to do more to convince me, Richards needs to put his protracted injuries behind him and belatedly play his part, and Dykes needs to build on his excellent showing against Cardiff and continue to shove some of our words down our throats. If we can get Willock back and fit (early season signs have not been encouraging), and our key performers like Chair, Field and Balogun keep on doing what they've been doing, we can chew up anyone in this dog-eat-dog league.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2022 20:35]

A fair result was what it ended up.

Its about goals, not pseudo wishes for a result that didnt happen.

Its like saying 'the manager didnt deserve to lose his job' after 3 five goal drubbings on the trot.

if it had ended up 2-2 yesterday then you could argue it was a 'fair result', but i cannot see how us scoring more than the oppo, wasnt fair, and that endeth the surmon. lol

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Login to get fewer ads

What a thoroughly nice bloke! on 21:25 - Oct 23 with 2353 viewstraininvain

I noticed that Richardson stayed on the pitch to shake hands and congratulate every one of our players at the final whistle even waiting for those who pretty much did a lap of honour. Can’t recall seeing an opposition manager do that before.

I was also impressed with the way he’s got Wigan playing. Will Keane actually looked a bit of a handful and a far cry from the player we had on loan back in the Redknapp days.
What a thoroughly nice bloke! on 21:29 - Oct 23 with 2322 viewsbosh67

What a thoroughly nice bloke! on 21:25 - Oct 23 by traininvain

I noticed that Richardson stayed on the pitch to shake hands and congratulate every one of our players at the final whistle even waiting for those who pretty much did a lap of honour. Can’t recall seeing an opposition manager do that before.

I was also impressed with the way he’s got Wigan playing. Will Keane actually looked a bit of a handful and a far cry from the player we had on loan back in the Redknapp days.

Will Keane has scored 42 goals in 91 appearances for them since 2020. That's Charlie Austin form and not bad for a player who seems to have blossomed since he turned 27 in 2020.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What a thoroughly nice bloke! on 21:46 - Oct 23 with 2197 viewsrobith

What a thoroughly nice bloke! on 20:01 - Oct 23 by Northernr

Vast difference between them and the rabble like Cardiff i felt
What a thoroughly nice bloke! on 21:50 - Oct 23 with 2165 viewsNorthernr

What a thoroughly nice bloke! on 21:46 - Oct 23 by robith

Vast difference between them and the rabble like Cardiff i felt

Stark. One team knows what it's doing, but doesn't quite have the resources. The other one is a fcking train wreck, and will be lucky if it's not playing League One next season.
What a thoroughly nice bloke! on 21:54 - Oct 23 with 2134 viewsHayesender

"Be the best version of themselves"

Where have I heard that line before?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

What a thoroughly nice bloke! on 22:02 - Oct 23 with 2048 viewsthame_hoops

What a thoroughly nice bloke! on 20:20 - Oct 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Leam, though?

Jesus.

Brian, are you going to Birmingham on Friday? I’m meeting up with Donny again, be great to catch you for a beer if you're going…?
What a thoroughly nice bloke! on 22:30 - Oct 23 with 1929 viewsLogman

Not heard of Leam Richardson before but he orchestrated a pretty effective performance from his team at all times and their decision making and intent was good throughout. Noticed that they had a couple of experienced campaigners who acquitted themselves well and I was really really impressed with their goalscorer, Nathan broadhead and the blond sweeper, no. 5 who ultimately went off injured
[Post edited 23 Oct 2022 22:31]
What a thoroughly nice bloke! on 22:58 - Oct 23 with 1836 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What a thoroughly nice bloke! on 22:02 - Oct 23 by thame_hoops

Brian, are you going to Birmingham on Friday? I’m meeting up with Donny again, be great to catch you for a beer if you're going…?

Hi Thame,

No, I'm back in Ireland. Not sure I'll catch another game this season (but you'd never know!).

Have a great time with The Pun King!

What a thoroughly nice bloke! on 23:22 - Oct 23 with 1743 viewsSydneyRs

Clearly unaware of the water pressure issues.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024