Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ref 22:08 - Oct 28 with 6854 viewsWatfordR

Good performance by Brum, well disciplined, deserved the win.

But f@ck me, you'll go a long, LONG, long long way to witness a worse refereeing performance than that. Should have blown to stop play when the ball hit him in the build up to their second goal. Should have been our free kick moments before anyway. Bottled sending off Hannibal - he could have had three yellows, let alone two, the penalty should have been retaken as the goalie was off his line, Armstrong should have had another penalty for Sanderson's challenge, hardly a thrown in taken by Brum within 15 yards of where it went out. That's just off the top of my head.

For all that Brum deserved it, they probably wouldn't have won it without that clown.
Ref on 01:44 - Oct 29 with 2111 viewsHAYESBOY

We were poor but he got three big decisions wrong.

Second yellow for the cannibal.
Foul on Balogun outside the area.
Should have stopped play when it hit Hannibal as he assisted in the attack. The ball was going away from Hannibal and refs touch put it right back into his path.

No getting away though we were shte

Smells like a trout farm in here

Ref on 03:57 - Oct 29 with 2043 viewsozexile

Ref on 23:51 - Oct 28 by MedwayR

I’m sure Beale told Field to drop deeper to split our CBs and push Paal & Laird further forward, it also allowed Balogun & Dickie to go forward. However, as you say it meant we lost some presence in CM.

Paal struggled to get forward cause Chair would often drift into his space halting his run. Same thing on the right with Rogerts. I like our two number 10's set up but they can't continually drift wide and cramp the space for the full backs. There was occassion in the second half where we had Paal, Chair and Armstrong all on the left touchline waiting for the ball. How easy is that to defend against. Very poor display tonight.
Ref on 07:22 - Oct 29 with 1953 viewsnix

Ref on 01:44 - Oct 29 by HAYESBOY

We were poor but he got three big decisions wrong.

Second yellow for the cannibal.
Foul on Balogun outside the area.
Should have stopped play when it hit Hannibal as he assisted in the attack. The ball was going away from Hannibal and refs touch put it right back into his path.

No getting away though we were shte

Got to agree with this. I think that he knew he'd made a mistake with Hannibal which is why he booked Dickie. Refs often double down when they've made a mistake/been weak. How he could get a booking for a few choice words while Deeney was in his ear all match and actually body checked him I have no idea, but usual inconsistencies that drive me mad.

While we didn't do anywhere enough to win, plus we had one of those matches where we looked like we were never going to score (we called this at about 60 minutes in), that didn't mitigate those three terrible decisions. As we were in the pub we couldn't hear the commentary but apparently even Sky said it should have been a foul and red card, and they hate us! The ref was right by the Balogun foul, so no excuse. Not only did it lead to their goal, we were in a promising position (which is why their player committed it!). The ref playing a one-two with their player is a bit more excusable in the heat of the game, but I would argue it did create a promising attack which wouldn't have happened had the ref not touched it as the ball would have been in a less valuable place to attack.
Ref on 09:43 - Oct 29 with 1792 viewsfrancisbowles

Ref on 07:22 - Oct 29 by nix

Got to agree with this. I think that he knew he'd made a mistake with Hannibal which is why he booked Dickie. Refs often double down when they've made a mistake/been weak. How he could get a booking for a few choice words while Deeney was in his ear all match and actually body checked him I have no idea, but usual inconsistencies that drive me mad.

While we didn't do anywhere enough to win, plus we had one of those matches where we looked like we were never going to score (we called this at about 60 minutes in), that didn't mitigate those three terrible decisions. As we were in the pub we couldn't hear the commentary but apparently even Sky said it should have been a foul and red card, and they hate us! The ref was right by the Balogun foul, so no excuse. Not only did it lead to their goal, we were in a promising position (which is why their player committed it!). The ref playing a one-two with their player is a bit more excusable in the heat of the game, but I would argue it did create a promising attack which wouldn't have happened had the ref not touched it as the ball would have been in a less valuable place to attack.

If he had used any common sense he would have blown when it touched him, everyone would have accepted that and we wouldn't have this debate on whether his actions led to a goal or not.

Complete idiot from start to finish, no effective control of the game. 3 out of 10 for me.
Ref on 16:46 - Oct 29 with 1603 viewsgazza1

The ref had a nightmare......

how he allowed Hannibal to stay on the pitch was so bad,
how he did not stop play when he interfered with play for their second goal I do not know!!!(The ball was going behind the B'ham player but he stopped it going too far to stop the attacking move - if he didn't the ball may have been played back to the defender and the attack started again)

Two massive calls from the ref which he got completely wrong which could have changed the result of the game.
Ref on 18:06 - Oct 29 with 1513 viewsgolborne

Ref on 22:42 - Oct 28 by BrianMcCarthy

https://www.theifab.com/laws/latest/the-ball-in-and-out-of-play/#:~:text=The%20b

"The ball is out of play when:

it has wholly passed over the goal line or touchline on the ground or in the air

play has been stopped by the referee

it touches a match official, remains on the field of play and:

a team starts a promising attack or

the ball goes directly into the goal or

the team in possession of the ball changes

In all these cases, play is restarted with a dropped ball."

I think he'll argue that his touch of the ball didn't start a promising attack as they were already attacking and the team in possesion didn't change, so no drop-ball. I think that may well be correct. I also think that his touch didn't harm us in reality.

BUT, it's irrelevalent really as he should have blown for the foul on Balogun just before anyway.

And post the Balugon foul it’s played long to Deeney, who clearly controls it with his arm. I would have been livid if play was stopped for that ref touch if we were attacking, but the 2 incidents pre that are inexcusable
Ref on 19:20 - Oct 29 with 1464 viewsstowmarketrange

Another thing about last night was the Lino insisting that Roberts left the pitch for treatment.Since when was the Lino a qualified medical man who knew whether an injury was serious or not?
And why aren’t all linos so desperate to get the game restarted so quickly when players get injured?
Ref on 19:36 - Oct 29 with 1443 viewsWatford_Ranger

Ref on 19:20 - Oct 29 by stowmarketrange

Another thing about last night was the Lino insisting that Roberts left the pitch for treatment.Since when was the Lino a qualified medical man who knew whether an injury was serious or not?
And why aren’t all linos so desperate to get the game restarted so quickly when players get injured?

To be fair I thought he was right. Roberts was a yard from the touchline and could easily have stepped over the line. Not like he had a problem walking off without acknowledging the fans.
Login to get fewer ads

Ref on 19:43 - Oct 29 with 1431 viewsstowmarketrange

Ref on 19:36 - Oct 29 by Watford_Ranger

To be fair I thought he was right. Roberts was a yard from the touchline and could easily have stepped over the line. Not like he had a problem walking off without acknowledging the fans.

But how often do opposing players fall to the floor without the Lino getting involved?I wouldn’t have a problem if they all did it,but consistency is the key.
Ref on 20:42 - Oct 29 with 1368 viewsLogman

The ref was poor. You could tell he wasn't up to it by the way he kept getting in the way. Any decent ref knows the lines to run and is generally 15 or so metres away from the ball at all times.
Ref on 20:57 - Oct 29 with 1352 viewskomradkirk

i thought the ref was bad against wigan last week but this clown takes the biscuit.
sometimes i think they are bent.
Ref on 21:04 - Oct 29 with 1339 viewsWatfordR

I haven't watched the full 90 minutes again and will do so when it's available (yeah...I know...), but one other thing which I don't think anyone else has brought up is Chair's cross being blocked by a Brum arm in the area. Looked quite similar to the one in the Reading game a few weeks ago.

As Clive quite rightly points out in his report, for games like last night where we've been on the wrong end of the ref, there are also games like Cardiff where we were basically handed the three points by being the right side of it.

The general point that too many games are being decided by inept officiating rather than which team is the better of the two. No one is buying tickets to watch crap refs.

This needs addressing and putting a stop to.
Ref on 22:09 - Oct 29 with 1279 viewsHamptonR

Ref on 19:20 - Oct 29 by stowmarketrange

I was really surprised when I saw the lino sticking his oar in, it had sod all to do with him and I can't recall an official tell, or insist an injured player leave the pitch, since about 1979 or thereabouts.
Ref on 09:24 - Oct 30 with 1134 viewsfrancisbowles

Ref on 22:09 - Oct 29 by HamptonR

I was really surprised when I saw the lino sticking his oar in, it had sod all to do with him and I can't recall an official tell, or insist an injured player leave the pitch, since about 1979 or thereabouts.

The linesman was correct. It is part of his role 'assisting in officiating the game' and maybe the ref, through the mic and earpiece instructed him.

Roberts was completely lacking in 'pitch sense'. Move more to the centre of the pitch and lie down and give the sub a chance to get ready. I don't agree with it, BUT, IT'S WHAT EVERYONE ELSE DOES!
Ref on 12:59 - Oct 30 with 1015 viewsHamptonR

Ref on 09:24 - Oct 30 by francisbowles

The linesman was correct. It is part of his role 'assisting in officiating the game' and maybe the ref, through the mic and earpiece instructed him.

Roberts was completely lacking in 'pitch sense'. Move more to the centre of the pitch and lie down and give the sub a chance to get ready. I don't agree with it, BUT, IT'S WHAT EVERYONE ELSE DOES!

I am well aware of what his duties are, but can you recall a lino, telling a player to move his arse off the pitch?

Injured or otherwise.

I would like to see it happen more often but it won't.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024