Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London ULEZ, who can afford it now 10:03 - Nov 25 with 30627 viewsRangersDave

Just announced that ULEZ in the smoke is going to get bigger, and expanded to cover all of London.

WTF?

Up here in Manchester it will happen soon, making average Joe and Josephine pay to take their car past the boundary, which extends to the border with the M6!

all in all, what a sh1t show.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2022 10:23]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 13:36 - Aug 16 with 2708 viewsCateLeBonR

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 13:05 - Aug 16 by Rs_Holy

its all a conspiracy ... They're all on the make ... all the scientists, BBC, ITV, Sky, Attenborough, Thunberg, Rishi, Chris Packham... Its the New World Order!

It doesn’t really matter whether it’s true or not. You’d hope it was really wouldn’t you? It’s whether the measures being suggested will make a difference. Nobody can say that with any certainty. ULEZ doesn’t really bother me. Cleaner air would be nice. I cycle and walk and use public transport mostly. I’ve only got a runaround car that I don’t really need and hardly use in fact. It does comply with ULEZ but only just and I was thinking about getting rid of it in the next 12 months or so anyway. The money I’d save would easily cover next years season ticket and probably pay for a holiday.

It’s all the other things you read about that concern me and like I said in a previous post I have serious concerns about us as a country and the wider world doing anything properly and for the right reasons. Surveillance and big data and fcking emergency warnings on my fcking mobile phone. I hate all that bullsht.
London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 13:43 - Aug 16 with 2671 viewswombat

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 12:05 - Aug 16 by QPR_John

I assume you meant £4.75. Yes at the moment I would be mad to purchase an electric car but what of the future. I'm unlikely to move house so that I can fit a charger so maybe give up driving because you can be sure public charging points, forgetting the problem of inconvenience, will still be more costly than a home charger.

hi yes£4.75 if you dont hace access to home charing yes ita a nightmare we are lucky we can parking outside and plug in others arent so lucky , yes the plug in chargers are much more expensive touse lot more in fact but still works out cheaper in the long run to run a #EV harly any upkeep cost , serviicng is minimal , any updates come through the home wifi so no trawling to a garage and losing a day waiting around for the car to be sorted , a lot of time tesla come to you for repairs which is even better to be honest .

the charging away from network needs increasing massivly to be able to stand a chance of coping in the coming years , at the moment they cant set up enough chargers due to the local charge not being big enough to cope so chargers are being set up and left ad they cant connect them to the grid .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 14:15 - Aug 16 with 2602 viewsSharpy36

its all a conspiracy ... They're all on the make ... all the scientists, BBC, ITV, Sky, Attenborough, Thunberg, Rishi, Chris Packham... Its the New World Order!

This Chris packham...

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 14:26 - Aug 16 with 2559 viewsSonofpugwash

https://scontent.fbrs4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/367378340_297624896149498_5

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 15:07 - Aug 16 with 2452 viewsloftboy

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 13:36 - Aug 16 by CateLeBonR

It doesn’t really matter whether it’s true or not. You’d hope it was really wouldn’t you? It’s whether the measures being suggested will make a difference. Nobody can say that with any certainty. ULEZ doesn’t really bother me. Cleaner air would be nice. I cycle and walk and use public transport mostly. I’ve only got a runaround car that I don’t really need and hardly use in fact. It does comply with ULEZ but only just and I was thinking about getting rid of it in the next 12 months or so anyway. The money I’d save would easily cover next years season ticket and probably pay for a holiday.

It’s all the other things you read about that concern me and like I said in a previous post I have serious concerns about us as a country and the wider world doing anything properly and for the right reasons. Surveillance and big data and fcking emergency warnings on my fcking mobile phone. I hate all that bullsht.

How can ULEZ make a difference if you can still drive cars that don’t meet clean air standards into the zone as long as you pay £12.50! As I said previously if they were serious about it they would ban them full stop, but there’s no money in that.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 15:23 - Aug 16 with 2425 viewsQPR_John

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 15:07 - Aug 16 by loftboy

How can ULEZ make a difference if you can still drive cars that don’t meet clean air standards into the zone as long as you pay £12.50! As I said previously if they were serious about it they would ban them full stop, but there’s no money in that.

100%. You have a mayor of London who I suspect is against the privilege of paying for private education and health but fully accepts people being able to pay to pollute the air
[Post edited 16 Aug 2023 15:25]
London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 15:29 - Aug 16 with 2418 viewsLblock

For every scientist doing funded research backing up your position I can find one backing up the reverse…… they may be funded by the fossil fuel mafia who are trying to kill us all.

Don’t get me started on that huge fraud that is Thunderberg.

I’m not disputing what carbon does to the atmosphere - it does in fact actually need some you know?
I’m also hugely behind doing whatever we can to stop pollution, especially in respect of what we tip into the sea INCLUDING oil spills etc.

The globe changing climate is a fact that has been happening for literally millions of years.
Emissions from cars are a pin prick and the climate position is being over egged by loads - serial campaigners just like Sky have jumped on the bandwagon

That’s me done

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 15:58 - Aug 16 with 2347 viewsSonofpugwash

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 14:15 - Aug 16 by Sharpy36

This Chris packham...

Yes yes all very well but can he play central defence?

Login to get fewer ads

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 16:08 - Aug 16 with 2328 viewsNW5Hoop

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 15:07 - Aug 16 by loftboy

They do it because the history of taxation shows us that when you raise taxes on things, people will stop doing them. It's a less punitive way of discouraging things than banning them outright. The levies on tobacco in this country are a classic example: the more taxes were raised, the fewer people continued or took up smoking, and the greater the health benefits. Fortunately, I am so rich and so uncaring about my health that I continue to smoke.

The congestion charge is another example. I almost never go into the charging zone now in my car. I sometimes used to drive to gigs I was reviewing in the evening. Now I don't bother, and it hasn't made a blind bit of difference to my life.
London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 16:27 - Aug 16 with 2275 viewsR_from_afar

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 15:29 - Aug 16 by Lblock

For every scientist doing funded research backing up your position I can find one backing up the reverse…… they may be funded by the fossil fuel mafia who are trying to kill us all.

Don’t get me started on that huge fraud that is Thunderberg.

I’m not disputing what carbon does to the atmosphere - it does in fact actually need some you know?
I’m also hugely behind doing whatever we can to stop pollution, especially in respect of what we tip into the sea INCLUDING oil spills etc.

The globe changing climate is a fact that has been happening for literally millions of years.
Emissions from cars are a pin prick and the climate position is being over egged by loads - serial campaigners just like Sky have jumped on the bandwagon

That’s me done

"The globe changing climate is a fact that has been happening for literally millions of years".

It is absolutely true that natural processes cause our climate to change, but human activity can also cause changes.

Multiple independent and peer reviewed studies by reputable scientific institutions, in many different countries, have examined the significant warming we have seen recently.

We know that carbon dioxide is a potent greenhouse gas.

Those studies have taken into account all the natural forces which could have caused the warming, like the earth's orbit, solar activity, volcanoes etc., and have found that none of those natural processes could have caused the recent warming, so the warming can only be attributed to the rising emissions of greenhouse gases - particularly carbon dioxide - caused by human activity. The research has factored warming due to natural processes into its calculations.

The percentage of climate scientists who agree that we humans are the cause of global warming varies between 97% and 100%, see below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surveys_of_scientists%27_views_on_climate_change

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 16:41 - Aug 16 with 2222 viewsSonofpugwash

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 16:27 - Aug 16 by R_from_afar

"The globe changing climate is a fact that has been happening for literally millions of years".

It is absolutely true that natural processes cause our climate to change, but human activity can also cause changes.

Multiple independent and peer reviewed studies by reputable scientific institutions, in many different countries, have examined the significant warming we have seen recently.

We know that carbon dioxide is a potent greenhouse gas.

Those studies have taken into account all the natural forces which could have caused the warming, like the earth's orbit, solar activity, volcanoes etc., and have found that none of those natural processes could have caused the recent warming, so the warming can only be attributed to the rising emissions of greenhouse gases - particularly carbon dioxide - caused by human activity. The research has factored warming due to natural processes into its calculations.

The percentage of climate scientists who agree that we humans are the cause of global warming varies between 97% and 100%, see below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surveys_of_scientists%27_views_on_climate_change

Errr....exactly what proportion of the atmosphere is Carbon Dioxide?
Definition of a scientist..."a man who understood nothing until there was nothing left to understand".

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 17:21 - Aug 16 with 2164 viewsSalisburyHoop1968

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 16:41 - Aug 16 by Sonofpugwash

Definition of a scientist..."a man who understood nothing until there was nothing left to understand".

I work for the Royal Mail in Salisbury, we have now lost all our petrol Vans as they are being sent to Greater London offices there for ULEZ rules. We have been sent heaps of old diesel junk in gratitude.
London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 17:33 - Aug 16 with 2133 viewsArty

What's in the Air? By volume, the dry air in Earth's atmosphere is about 78.08 percent nitrogen, 20.95 percent oxygen, and 0.93 percent argon. A brew of trace gases accounts for the other approximately 0.04 percent, including the greenhouse gases carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide and ozone.9 Oct 2019
London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 19:24 - Aug 16 with 2041 viewsRanger_Things

My nutjob bingo card runneth over.
London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 19:46 - Aug 16 with 2027 viewsR_from_afar

There's some info here which may help:
https://www.sciencealert.com/co2-is-only-a-tiny-part-of-our-atmosphere-but-it-ha

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 22:59 - Aug 16 with 1946 viewsloftupper

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 19:46 - Aug 16 by R_from_afar

There's some info here which may help:
https://www.sciencealert.com/co2-is-only-a-tiny-part-of-our-atmosphere-but-it-ha

Is this now the over 50's men only club?

I would imagine the silent majority are seeing whats happening in the world and just getting on with it. Trying to make small changes in the hope that it helps make a better world for their children.

At the end of the day none of us on here know anything, or at least no one has come out as a world renowned scientist on there that I know of. The rest of us are just trying to do what we can in the hope it helps.
London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 23:12 - Aug 16 with 1933 viewsMickB

I suppose we could go on just killing people. But I guess that would be someone else wouldn't it?
London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 00:58 - Aug 17 with 1895 viewsFredManRave

Anybody else think the timing of Ferdinand's departure makes this all very suspicious.

I'm sure, to a man, well can all agree that it's his fault.

That's right. We're talking about you Les.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2023 3:31]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 14:34 - Aug 17 with 1703 viewsSonofpugwash

Imagine you're stuck in a traffic jam in the Blackwall Tunnel and one of these goes off...

https://scontent.fbrs4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/368014940_688403433314426_3

I used to read a great SF story written by Alice Glaser called The Tunnel Ahead - been shit scared of them ever since.

https://galacticjourney.org/stories/6111fsftunnel.pdf

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 14:46 - Aug 17 with 1649 viewsArty

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 23:12 - Aug 16 by MickB

I suppose we could go on just killing people. But I guess that would be someone else wouldn't it?

You have full licence to do so if you can afford to pay £12.50 a day!
London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 18:01 - Aug 17 with 1532 viewstkqpr

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 08:38 - Aug 16 by wombat

that tw@t will tryand grab anything he can from where ever he can to make up for screwing TFL budget up and the lack of people using the net work these days , his latest plan i saw was to destroy half of holland park avn to put another underused bike lane in , but in doing so hell be ripping out hundreds of trees which have been there for hundred of years , think its the stetch from lancaster gate gate to marble arch , so nice big bike lane more slow moving traffic causing more pollution , the bloke a lunatic

Thats when you know its got nothing to do with being environmental, or saving the planet.

If you need to cut down established trees like they did in Plymouth town centre which was a disgrace, as they secretly did it in the night, then its about control and surveillance.

They want to see who you are, track where you go and soon monitor every single penny you spend your money on.

Sure they'll sell as benefical at first, but Its a matter of time before "climate lockdowns" are enforced followed by restricitions on what you can buy with your digital money and indeed where you can actually buy anything from. Your chip wont work outside a certain radius of your home.

If you dont resist and protest now, our freedoms, our childrens freedoms will be gone forever.
London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 20:55 - Aug 17 with 1416 viewsbaz_qpr

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 18:01 - Aug 17 by tkqpr

Thats when you know its got nothing to do with being environmental, or saving the planet.

If you need to cut down established trees like they did in Plymouth town centre which was a disgrace, as they secretly did it in the night, then its about control and surveillance.

They want to see who you are, track where you go and soon monitor every single penny you spend your money on.

Sure they'll sell as benefical at first, but Its a matter of time before "climate lockdowns" are enforced followed by restricitions on what you can buy with your digital money and indeed where you can actually buy anything from. Your chip wont work outside a certain radius of your home.

If you dont resist and protest now, our freedoms, our childrens freedoms will be gone forever.

Who are "They"?
London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 21:08 - Aug 17 with 1408 viewsHunterhoop

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 20:55 - Aug 17 by baz_qpr

Who are "They"?

Quite. I sometimes wonder if these conspiracy theorists have ever actually met a CEO, an MP, a member of govt, etc, etc.

They’re most as insecure and individually powerless as the rest of us. More insecure even. And usually more narcissistic.

They’re too busy competing with each other to ever form a collective “they” with some evil agenda, and too incompetent to achieve anything with it.

Most government policy is with two eyes firmly fixed on the short term of tomorrow morning. Votes and polls and the media.

Most CEOs simply care about their own companies dividend if a plc and, if a limited company, the valuation. And most C-suite are over promoted simply on the 2 yr merrygoround because they get found out in that time. Some network really hard to get on remuneration committees, which is the ultimate in back scratching, corporate corruption, but nothing to do with a shadowy “they”.

The structure, competence and organisation simply isn’t there to form an effective “they”. It’s a bit like religion though, some people are more comforted believing in it than realising there isn’t really anyone at the wheel and everyone is only out for their own wealth or power, as much as they can muster.
London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 21:16 - Aug 17 with 1385 viewskensalriser

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 20:55 - Aug 17 by baz_qpr

Who are "They"?

If the then leader of Plymouth Council is one of 'Them' he's been busted. He was forced to resign after the possibly not legal executive order to fell the trees (halted by a court injunction) and is no longer a councillor. After the May elections his party lost control of the council, too.

But if we want to talk about how our freedoms are being removed, the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Act is a good place to start. A clue as to who's responsible: not Sadiq Khan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police%2C_Crime%2C_Sentencing_and_Courts_Act_2022

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

London ULEZ, who can afford it now on 21:32 - Aug 17 with 1361 viewsBlackCrowe

I know so many (including me to a lesser extent) don't go into London because of this. The 15 minute zone/anti car policy/train strikes etc only really benefits Amazon shopping and streaming platforms.

The theatres and restaurants are busy at the moment and god they should be, it's tourist season. The insane discount emails will be back in September - 2 for 1 tickets, 50% off meals etc.

London used to serve it's residents, home counties nights out, workers, and course tourists....now it just serves it's residents and tourists. The home counties crew don't go in much any more and workers are at the very most in 50% of the time....everything is designed to penalise through tax and fine (Ulez, congestion charge, insane road design) and making it a fcking hassle and expense

You can blame online shopping, but London should be competing favourably with it...shopping in special destination places to be different stuff and have an experience, from Selfridges to Portabello/Brick Lane markets - used to be a thrill now it's just a ball-ache, so the scum that is Amazon wins and Khan puts up taxes and fines to compensate. It's so badly thought through and all too depressing.

And it's the same for Kingston....someone commented earlier on this thread that it's amazing for eating etc....it really really isn't (it actually never has been), standard depressing mass catering chain stuff that just about works for some, zero independent shops left and a creeping tattiness taking hold...hell even John Lewis (a middle class magnet for in and out of town residents) is close to shutting down (i know this to be true, not that i ever went there much). It's unloved. All caused imo by councils killing accessibility to fund their agendas. Same as London.

Hazy Hog cider fuelled rant over.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024