Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Famous QPR Fans 17:41 - Dec 2 with 49374 viewsQPRSteve

Couldn't find the old thread on this.

I popped over to WeAreTheRangersBoys to see what there take was on Beale and stumbled on what looks like a definitive list of famous R's fans"

Right then, I only went and done it! Below is the list of names that have been mentioned above. Certain names mentioned were patently ridiculous and debunked in subsequent posts, eg Hugh Grant. Some are stretching the definition of "famous" but I left them in. Others were too imprecise eg "the one out of Eternal" so I left them out too. The list was compiled over 6 years so some are now dead or their fame has waned but irrespective of that I think they count as Famous Rs.
SEVEN esteemed posters separately answered with "Me" so maybe Michael Gove is actually a regular on here?
Lastly, Take any queries to Google - I really have no idea who half of them are. I've just listed 'em from above.

Delon Armitage

Bill Bailey

John Barnes

Dave Bassett

David Bedford

Leon Best

Marc Bircham

Nicky Blackmarket

DJ Campbell

Chris Chataway

Danny Cipriani

Martin Clunes

Lee Cook

Victoria Coren

Giles Coren

Ferne Cotton

Michael Crawford

Peter Crouch

Pete Doherty

Wally Downes

Robert Elms

Dani Filth

Neal Foulds

Ashley Giles

Ian Gillan

Michael Gove

Mark Halsey

Konnie Huq

Tony Incenzo

Wendy James

Alan Johnson

Mick Jones

Matthew Kelly

Mark King

Phillip Lee

Glen Matlock

Amanda Mealing

Jonathan Morris

Alan Mullery

Mary Nightingale

Michael Nyman

Tim Peake

Stuart Pearce

Steve Perryman

Graham Poll

Vanessa Redgrave

Liam Ridgewell

Dennis Ross

Tony Selby

Robert Smith

Tommy Steele

Richard Stilgoe

The Duke of Westminster

Alex Tudor

Robbie Vincent

Michael Wale

Anthony Wall

Sean Walsh

Alan Wilder

Dennis Wise

The Duke of Westminster - Where were you when we were skint?
Tommy Steele, Tim Peake, Richard Stilgoe, Mary Nightingale, Vanessa Redgrave, Konnie Huq, all new to me.
Famous QPR Fans on 08:59 - Dec 3 with 4318 viewsSK_hoops

Famous QPR Fans on 20:56 - Dec 2 by Metallica_Hoop

Ben Ward of Orange Goblin maybe.

In the pic inside the first album (I think) one of them is wearing a QPR top but it's not him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Ward_(singer)

From Northolt I believe. Their singer is absolutely huge.
Famous QPR Fans on 09:42 - Dec 3 with 4255 viewsqprxtc

Michael Shannon
Famous QPR Fans on 10:22 - Dec 3 with 4201 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Famous QPR Fans on 08:23 - Dec 3 by silverbirch

Hanks is a villa fan, I think

No, he's a Forest, Forest Nottingham fan.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Famous QPR Fans on 11:24 - Dec 3 with 4114 viewsLowerloftLad

Henry Lloyd Hughes is a QPR fan aka donovan the bully from inbetweeners and been in Harry Potter ect.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2022 11:25]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Famous QPR Fans on 11:34 - Dec 3 with 4096 viewscollegeranger

Actor Colin Salmon was a season ticket holder near me 10+ years ago in SAR
Famous QPR Fans on 12:26 - Dec 3 with 4034 viewsthame_hoops

Famous QPR Fans on 09:42 - Dec 3 by qprxtc

Michael Shannon

From an interview in 2013;

Michael Shannon stars as General Zod in the new Superman film, Man of Steel, so he knows villainy when he sees it. To his bemusement, he records finding it at Loftus Road.

“My godson is a QPR fan and he took me to a match – I think the word is ‘derby’ – between QPR and Chelsea at QPR’s stadium,” he tells the Empire Podcast. “We sat in the corner [of the ground] and I basically spent most of the game watching people making death threats to one another, pointing at each other, putting a gun up to their head and putting a knife across their throat. Hopefully it’s cathartic. Do they feel better afterwards?”

It does not sound as if he’ll be going back to find out the answer.
Famous QPR Fans on 13:05 - Dec 3 with 3987 viewsRs_Holy

unfortunately this scum bag...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4108614/British-father-two-avid-QPR-fan
Famous QPR Fans on 13:30 - Dec 3 with 3957 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Famous QPR Fans on 11:34 - Dec 3 by collegeranger

Actor Colin Salmon was a season ticket holder near me 10+ years ago in SAR

Was that up towards the school end?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Famous QPR Fans on 13:49 - Dec 3 with 3928 viewsnumptydumpty

Famous QPR Fans on 23:48 - Dec 2 by kensalriser

Terry was definitely Fulham.

Ok

My memory says different but it was someone amongst that program. Maybe it was Arthur Daleys sidekick after Terry then.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Famous QPR Fans on 14:05 - Dec 3 with 3897 viewslongbottom

Famous QPR Fans on 18:48 - Dec 2 by colinallcars

Fans as ancient as me might remember comedian Arthur Haynes from the 50s who, we were told supported QPR and lived in Fulham and Hammersmith. He had a distinctive Austin Nash Metropolitan car which we sometimes spotted around the Bush.

Arthur Haynes was a Vice President of the club during the 1950’s.
A small point perhaps but why is Tony Incenzo famous?
Famous QPR Fans on 14:39 - Dec 3 with 3862 viewsterryb

John Bloom was a director of the club.

For our younger brethren (under 70) he was an entrepreneur in the early 60's that manufactured & sold the Rolls Washing machine. This was the first time most houses had a washing machine & were bought on the "never never". A very famous man at the time.

Of course, they soon went out of business , leaving him with horrendous debts. I think Jim Gregory replaced him on the board.
Famous QPR Fans on 14:54 - Dec 3 with 3836 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Famous QPR Fans on 14:05 - Dec 3 by longbottom

Arthur Haynes was a Vice President of the club during the 1950’s.
A small point perhaps but why is Tony Incenzo famous?

He's a famous cousin of Terry Cinzano.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Famous QPR Fans on 15:05 - Dec 3 with 3823 viewsPeterHucker

Famous QPR Fans on 19:48 - Dec 2 by bosh67

Leslie Cavendish - The Beatles hairdresser
Xylø - singer
Bruce Welch - The Shadows
David Cassidy - late singer
Chloe Kelly - football legend
Vanessa Redgrave - actress
Betty Boo - singer
Paul McCartney (slightly dubious, not much of a football fan but often wore the official blue and white hoops through the 60s and even a few times in the 70s)

The Paul McCartney claim is a bit more than slightly dubious.
He was the only Beatle known to have much interest in football and is definitely an Everton fan.
Famous QPR Fans on 15:25 - Dec 3 with 3793 viewsthame_hoops

Famous QPR Fans on 15:05 - Dec 3 by PeterHucker

The Paul McCartney claim is a bit more than slightly dubious.
He was the only Beatle known to have much interest in football and is definitely an Everton fan.

Wasn’t the only Beatle to be a Rangers fan (if you know you know) 😬
Famous QPR Fans on 15:42 - Dec 3 with 3749 viewsdmm

The Doors guitarist, Robby Krieger, was a Ranger

Famous QPR Fans on 15:56 - Dec 3 with 3729 viewsCiderwithRsie

Think there might be confusion between Terry McCann (definitely Fulham in my memory) and Dennis Waterman's character in The Sweeney (Carter). I forget if he is actually said to be a QPR fan but I'm pretty sure there were plenty of references to us - Carter and Regan were both football fans, the series went out in the heyday of Bowles and Francis and was largely set in West London.

Wikipedia tells me that Carter was supposed to be a South Londoner and Regan to be from Manchester but his ex-wife and daughter lived in Ruislip so it would actually be quite credible if Regan (John Thaw) had adopted us as his club for Saturday afternoons off after moving to London, especially if he was of the City persuasion and picked up on the Rodney marsh connection.
Famous QPR Fans on 16:02 - Dec 3 with 3721 viewsCiderwithRsie

Famous QPR Fans on 22:48 - Dec 2 by HuckerMOTM

Yes, spends a lot of time in his autobiography happily reminiscing about supporting us at Loftus Road.

Genuinely wanted to manage QPR and it just didn't work out, that's all.

Brought up in Notting Hill according to wikipedia, so likely enough. Sad really.

Still. A bit of a shock to the system.

Might have to cross him off my vendetta list, he must have felt it pretty badly. I just bloody wish we'd signed him as a kid and had him as a player instead of manager. Another one for the "ones that got away" file.
Famous QPR Fans on 18:18 - Dec 3 with 3587 viewsDWQPR

Famous QPR Fans on 16:02 - Dec 3 by CiderwithRsie

Brought up in Notting Hill according to wikipedia, so likely enough. Sad really.

Still. A bit of a shock to the system.

Might have to cross him off my vendetta list, he must have felt it pretty badly. I just bloody wish we'd signed him as a kid and had him as a player instead of manager. Another one for the "ones that got away" file.

Mullery was brought up in Mary Place n Notting Hill, lived opposite my Dad’s family. His father was the local drunk in the area. Joined the Rugby Club in Walmer Road as a kid as most boys would have done round the area, which produced a few decent sportsmen. Terry Downes, world championship boxer (uncle of Wally Downes), Johnny Murray, England wicket keeper, Jimmy Bloomfield, played for Arsenal to name but a few. Every one round that area would have been Rangers back in the day.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Famous QPR Fans on 18:33 - Dec 3 with 3567 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Famous QPR Fans on 18:18 - Dec 3 by DWQPR

Mullery was brought up in Mary Place n Notting Hill, lived opposite my Dad’s family. His father was the local drunk in the area. Joined the Rugby Club in Walmer Road as a kid as most boys would have done round the area, which produced a few decent sportsmen. Terry Downes, world championship boxer (uncle of Wally Downes), Johnny Murray, England wicket keeper, Jimmy Bloomfield, played for Arsenal to name but a few. Every one round that area would have been Rangers back in the day.

Have to say my opinion of Alan Mullery has changed a lot recently thanks to that board.

Finding out that he suffered mentally after managing Rangers, that he was a Rangers fan himself and that his Father had addiction problems has left me with a lot of sympathy for him.

I also like him in this.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Famous QPR Fans on 18:44 - Dec 3 with 3524 viewsHuckerMOTM

Famous QPR Fans on 18:33 - Dec 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Have to say my opinion of Alan Mullery has changed a lot recently thanks to that board.

Finding out that he suffered mentally after managing Rangers, that he was a Rangers fan himself and that his Father had addiction problems has left me with a lot of sympathy for him.

I also like him in this.

He's a good man who was simply the wrong man at the wrong time for us.
Famous QPR Fans on 18:54 - Dec 3 with 3513 viewsCamberleyR

Yes, he was. There's that scene from one of the first series episodes ('The Bengal Tiger') where Arthur & Terry are discussing Kev the boyfriend of the daughter of Arthur's local newsagent Mr Mukerjee.

Terry: She wants Kev
Arthur: What's he like?
Terry: QPR supporter
Arthur: Well come on, there must be a bit more to him than that?
Terry: (shaking his head) Not a lot...

There was also a scene in one of the early episodes where Terry is watching a ch*ls** vs Fulham game at the SW6 khazi which Dennis Waterman probably wasn't unhappy about as he was a fan of North Battersea in real life.

The OP mentioned Michael Crawford. I'm pretty sure he is or was a fan of North Battersea as well.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2022 19:00]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Famous QPR Fans on 19:03 - Dec 3 with 3498 viewsCamberleyR

Haven't seen Robert Elms mentioned yet.

Famous QPR Fans on 19:38 - Dec 3 with 3431 viewskensalriser

Famous QPR Fans on 19:03 - Dec 3 by CamberleyR

Haven't seen Robert Elms mentioned yet.

That's funny, I have.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Famous QPR Fans on 19:56 - Dec 3 with 3394 viewsCamberleyR

Famous QPR Fans on 19:38 - Dec 3 by kensalriser

That's funny, I have.

So he was

Famous QPR Fans on 22:00 - Dec 3 with 3264 viewsDWQPR

Gary Crowley

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024