Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck 22:59 - Jan 2 with 3303 viewsbosh67

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12778787/neil-critchley-officials-should-s

I seem to remember that Holloway tried to see out games like this and came unstuck a lot in the dying embers of games.

Early days but at least Neil had them up for the fight tonight and they need to take something from that. Times will change.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 23:05 - Jan 2 with 3194 viewsnix

He's much more animated and encouraged after this game than previous matches.
Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 23:17 - Jan 2 with 3066 viewsdaveB

Lack of options from the bench to change it, teams on runs like us always drop deep when winning, it's just human nature
Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 23:42 - Jan 2 with 2890 viewsParkRoyalR

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 23:17 - Jan 2 by daveB

Lack of options from the bench to change it, teams on runs like us always drop deep when winning, it's just human nature

Yes agree, couldn't give their Full-Backs free rein so kept Adomah and Chair wide (might have switched Chair for Richards as Chair was properly blowing)

Was thinking get Masterson but that would have given them space on the flanks so we really were limited with our options off the bench.
Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 23:55 - Jan 2 with 2825 viewsVancouverHoop

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 23:42 - Jan 2 by ParkRoyalR

Yes agree, couldn't give their Full-Backs free rein so kept Adomah and Chair wide (might have switched Chair for Richards as Chair was properly blowing)

Was thinking get Masterson but that would have given them space on the flanks so we really were limited with our options off the bench.

Good point. I've noticed Critchley makes his subs later than other managers (beginning around 70") and I wonder if that speaks to a lack of confidence in our bench.
Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 00:17 - Jan 3 with 2645 viewsstainrods_elbow

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 23:17 - Jan 2 by daveB

But football isn't (and shouldn't be) 'human nature' - it's tactics, bravery, cleverness and artfulness. We needed more of the last, and less anxiety/inferiority, but we replicated precious little of our impressive first half assertiveness and forward-thinkign teamwork, even when attacking our own end. That really took the game from a B+ to a B- for me. As anther poster pointed out, one shot from Chair, deflected over, was thin pickings in that second 45, and niether the choice nor timing of our subs helped any. Glass still more than half full, but no more than 60%. A great performance would have been a 90 minute one, and we need to develop the will, skill and fitness to give it.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 00:42 - Jan 3 with 2646 viewsHitch

The last 10 minutes was like watching that City game....painful.
Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 00:46 - Jan 3 with 2609 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/a-mentality-weve-got-to-change-critchley-bul

Good comments here. Hungry and ambitious, as our manager should always be.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 10:33 - Jan 3 with 2103 viewsnix

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 00:46 - Jan 3 by BrianMcCarthy

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/a-mentality-weve-got-to-change-critchley-bul

Absolutely.

Funny that he talked about intensity and aggression. Almost as if he'd been reading LFW
Login to get fewer ads

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 10:42 - Jan 3 with 2054 viewsdaveB

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 00:17 - Jan 3 by stainrods_elbow

But football isn't (and shouldn't be) 'human nature' - it's tactics, bravery, cleverness and artfulness. We needed more of the last, and less anxiety/inferiority, but we replicated precious little of our impressive first half assertiveness and forward-thinkign teamwork, even when attacking our own end. That really took the game from a B+ to a B- for me. As anther poster pointed out, one shot from Chair, deflected over, was thin pickings in that second 45, and niether the choice nor timing of our subs helped any. Glass still more than half full, but no more than 60%. A great performance would have been a 90 minute one, and we need to develop the will, skill and fitness to give it.

yeah I do get that and it's a bit simplistic of me to say that I just think when teams are on runs like us they inevitably drop deep and find it hard to get out. They had so many forward players on at the end Dykes was having to come to defend set pieces and we had no real way to get out.

I founds it hard to see what changes we could make those last few minutes, I thought maybe Armstrong for Dykes just to waste 30 seconds but we really needed him back there for defending long throws

Going forward i thought we made some poor decisions with the final ball in the second half, chances to get that second goal but either held onto the ball too long or put a poor cross in
Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 10:54 - Jan 3 with 1969 viewsDamo1962

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 10:42 - Jan 3 by daveB

yeah I do get that and it's a bit simplistic of me to say that I just think when teams are on runs like us they inevitably drop deep and find it hard to get out. They had so many forward players on at the end Dykes was having to come to defend set pieces and we had no real way to get out.

I founds it hard to see what changes we could make those last few minutes, I thought maybe Armstrong for Dykes just to waste 30 seconds but we really needed him back there for defending long throws

Going forward i thought we made some poor decisions with the final ball in the second half, chances to get that second goal but either held onto the ball too long or put a poor cross in

Our second half performances at LR,...must now be a genuine concern to all. Desperately need a couple of goals and a win in front of the home fans. Last night was never going to be it, but it is a good starting point.
Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 11:01 - Jan 3 with 1950 viewsozexile

Just seems to be the way with us now unfortunately. We go 1 up and that's it. We seem to stop committing bodies forward.
Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 11:12 - Jan 3 with 1914 viewsAntti_Heinola

Of course football is human nature. Three of those things you've mentioned - bravery, cleverness and artfulness come from a confident mindset. Have a look at the England cricket team: a year ago, only one of them could bat. Now, they're all batting like heroes. Sport has absolutely everything to do with human nature.
Four home defeats in a row, one win in 9, 2 goals in that time, losing last two home games 3-0, it's inevitable it will be the alamo come the last 10. I actually thought for much of the half it was the same as the first half, and around 84 mins we were still chasing them down the halfway line and they wasted 2 minutes not finding any sort of forward pass. Whatever NC had done at the end there, it would have been the same because of the bodies Sheff committed forward to occupy our defence - and really, we didn't have many major scares.
I think had we come off the back of a couple of wins we may well have got another and seen it out, but as I always say, a poor run never ends with a thumping 5-0 - it starts slowly. Bit like the draw at Carrow Road 2 years ago. Let's hope it's the same here.

Bare bones.

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 11:22 - Jan 3 with 1883 viewsNorthernr

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 10:33 - Jan 3 by nix

Absolutely.

Funny that he talked about intensity and aggression. Almost as if he'd been reading LFW

He wouldn't be the first
Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 11:24 - Jan 3 with 1879 viewsfrancisbowles

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 11:12 - Jan 3 by Antti_Heinola

Of course football is human nature. Three of those things you've mentioned - bravery, cleverness and artfulness come from a confident mindset. Have a look at the England cricket team: a year ago, only one of them could bat. Now, they're all batting like heroes. Sport has absolutely everything to do with human nature.
Four home defeats in a row, one win in 9, 2 goals in that time, losing last two home games 3-0, it's inevitable it will be the alamo come the last 10. I actually thought for much of the half it was the same as the first half, and around 84 mins we were still chasing them down the halfway line and they wasted 2 minutes not finding any sort of forward pass. Whatever NC had done at the end there, it would have been the same because of the bodies Sheff committed forward to occupy our defence - and really, we didn't have many major scares.
I think had we come off the back of a couple of wins we may well have got another and seen it out, but as I always say, a poor run never ends with a thumping 5-0 - it starts slowly. Bit like the draw at Carrow Road 2 years ago. Let's hope it's the same here.

Excellent post Antti.
Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 11:34 - Jan 3 with 1829 viewsGaxZE

Would've brought on Sinclair Armstrong last night. Somebody who can carry the ball and gets fouled a lot. Would've likely helped us keep the ball up the other end.
Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 11:45 - Jan 3 with 1780 viewsDieByYourSide

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 11:34 - Jan 3 by GaxZE

Would've brought on Sinclair Armstrong last night. Somebody who can carry the ball and gets fouled a lot. Would've likely helped us keep the ball up the other end.

Had thought the same, but Dykes? He's usually good in those backs to the wall defensive situations for heading balls away and such

Poll: And it's hi ho

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 12:00 - Jan 3 with 1720 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Have a lot of confidence in this guy going forwards. To get us playing so well so soon after the Luton debacle, particularly against one of the division's in-form sides, was quite an achievement. Was not looking forward to going last night but loved it. I just hope he takes the Fleetwood game seriously because the fans want a cup run.
Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 12:30 - Jan 3 with 1664 viewsLazyFan

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 11:22 - Jan 3 by Northernr

He wouldn't be the first

Can you name some other past managers who have read the site?

zzzzzzzzzz

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 12:55 - Jan 3 with 1592 viewsGaxZE

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 11:45 - Jan 3 by DieByYourSide

Had thought the same, but Dykes? He's usually good in those backs to the wall defensive situations for heading balls away and such

Wouldn't have taken Dykes off, more likely take Chair off or bring Armstrong on for Roberts.
Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 12:58 - Jan 3 with 1582 viewsAntti_Heinola

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 12:30 - Jan 3 by LazyFan

Warbs did, as he made obvious references to Clive's writing when Clive interviewed him.

Bare bones.

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 16:52 - Jan 3 with 1349 viewsstainrods_elbow

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 11:12 - Jan 3 by Antti_Heinola

Don't agree at all. You basically seem to be saying that there's only one way that 2nd half could have gone, given where we are, as if football were not even just human nature but some kind of fate-filled script from the Northern footballing gods, and that's rubbish - what place tactics, management, and adaptability, if that were the case? Sure they went more attacking, but we also invited them onto us by going deeper and deeper, and, rather importantly, it didn't work anyway, painfully, as it often doesn't, and as Critchley himself significantly acknowledged. The Amos sub for Willock was telling here in trying to 'consolidate', but in doing so hastening the draw, which, after such a strong first half, was upsettingly deserved.

Despite the encouraging signs and real improvement, we need to learn from it, as one or two other posters have noted, and try to work out how we're going to change into a footballing entity that can build on one-goal leads, press high up in front of the Loft, and play 90 minute games to actually have a better chance of pridefully winning them. With talents like Chair, Willock and the maligned but skilled Roberts up top, that means playing to their - and our - strengths.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2023 16:56]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 17:01 - Jan 3 with 1328 viewsNorthernr

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 12:30 - Jan 3 by LazyFan

Warburton definitely did. He used to quote me back to me in interviews with a little smile. Was also told he was less than impressed with my summing up of a loss at Cardiff early in his reign, which led in part to the testy tone of the interview we had with him that summer.
Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 17:44 - Jan 3 with 1215 viewsPunteR

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 00:46 - Jan 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Ah.. that old chestnut.. mentality and mindset.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 18:25 - Jan 3 with 1154 viewsstanistheman

Critchley on tonight's win draw f*ck on 12:55 - Jan 3 by GaxZE

Wouldn't have taken Dykes off, more likely take Chair off or bring Armstrong on for Roberts.

I agree. Chair or Roberts for Armstrong as his pace and strength would have been a concern for the Sheffield Utd defence and given QPR a better outlet and keeping the ball further up the pitch.

We just sat deep hoping for the best and paid for it.

Overall though it was a much better performance and possibly amongst the best at home this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024