Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Black Horse Greenford 02:15 - Jan 11 with 9802 viewsSonofNorfolt

I'm distraught. No apologies.
My local has closed, one would imagine for good.
It's only a local tragedy yet seen out nationally.
Carry on though, buy Harry's book, complaining if staff didn't swallow his cum.
The rest of his family are no better, hope they all die screaming.
If they don't, perhaps they can be chauffeured to A & E, unlikely because ALL
TORIES ARE C UNTS, as are Fullers, Tory party donors.
Maybe go to church and pray, don't bother though, there is no God, or
certainly not one that's beneficial, otherwise you wouldn't be reading this.
I don't care, f uck you, f uck me, because we're all fuc ked, especially Rangers.
QPRXTC, my good friend, tonight is my turn.
Black Horse Greenford on 15:14 - Jan 11 with 2560 viewsqprxtc

Black Horse Greenford on 14:43 - Jan 11 by Northernr

Yeh I got to the Crown early for the Sheff Utd game and it was like a bloody creche in there! All food, zero alcohol.

A few months back o got into the Pav on a quiet midweek at about 3.45pm and there was a right old ding dong going on.

The place was virtually empty bar a few regulars and one very pissed and pissed off mum with her two sprigs in tow.

She was effing and hedging at the staff for saying she may have had too much and with her two, very embarrassed looking kids, it may be time to knock it on the head and head home.

She was not happy. But did eventually bugger off.

I might pop down and see what’s kicking off this afternoon.
Black Horse Greenford on 15:16 - Jan 11 with 2552 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Black Horse Greenford on 15:02 - Jan 11 by Boston

That Black Horse site, big enough for a 35,000 capacity stadium?

No. But the Butler's Warehouse site had an application to build a stadium on it a while back (source: North Greenford Resident's Association).

Just what the area doesn't need, some grubby football club like your lot cluttering up an already congested area!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Black Horse Greenford on 15:28 - Jan 11 with 2522 viewsqprxtc

Black Horse Greenford on 13:41 - Jan 11 by Northernr

Walk down the Goldhawk Road and it's like a graveyard.
-Green Room - now flats
- Bush Ranger - now a Costa (closed) so probably soon to be flats.
- Forgotton the name of it but the one opposite the Shepherd and Flock is now an estate agent with flats on the top.
- Goldhawk was gentrified, then closed and left to rot into a drug den and rodent infestation so they could get planning permission for flats that go for £1m a time.
- Brackenbury is, in theory, an Indian restuarant, though it seems to be on fire an awful lot. - - O'Donoghues is now a computer game-themed bar.

Really sad. Particularly when you've got people shivering at home, alone.

Pubs are important.

That was The British Prince opposite The Shepherd and Flock.
Black Horse Greenford on 15:37 - Jan 11 with 2507 viewsdmm

Some of us Flockers are doing our level best y'know!
Black Horse Greenford on 15:43 - Jan 11 with 2456 viewsNorthernr

Black Horse Greenford on 15:37 - Jan 11 by dmm

Some of us Flockers are doing our level best y'know!

I reckon the only thing that's saving that place is it's too small to do anything much with.
Dread the day when they eventually come for the Crown, because you could make a fcking fortune with that corner plot. Harry the landlord says it's making good money atm though.
Black Horse Greenford on 15:55 - Jan 11 with 2416 viewsTheChef

Black Horse Greenford on 15:43 - Jan 11 by Northernr

I reckon the only thing that's saving that place is it's too small to do anything much with.
Dread the day when they eventually come for the Crown, because you could make a fcking fortune with that corner plot. Harry the landlord says it's making good money atm though.

The Flock is currently my pre/post match boozer whenever I can make it to LR.

Not great if you like your ales but the prices are reasonable and the Guinness is good. And they keep the glasses in the fridge.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Black Horse Greenford on 16:39 - Jan 11 with 2350 viewsBklynRanger

Sorry to read this, I can sense your spiritual pain over this Mel - that's before we even get to the dehydration...

Like Hendrix I remember a raucous evening in there about 15 years ago with many good people who are now gone from, or seldom on, here. I believe your popular beat combo thrashed out a few numbers at one point - 'Strawberry Jizz Explosion' or similar they were called.
Black Horse Greenford on 18:02 - Jan 11 with 2261 viewsdenhamhoop2

So sorry for your loss just trying to think what is your nearest actual old school pub(Places where people go chat bollocks drink large quantities of Ale and put the world to Rights) This is being played at across London and large chunks of the rest of the country. How many affordable ie 400k flats does London really need for our Chinese Overlords to buy profit from whilst getting us mugs who actually need to live in are forced to rent for a sheer snip of half our wages
Login to get fewer ads

Black Horse Greenford on 19:01 - Jan 11 with 2175 viewscolinallcars

Loyalty just runs one way doesn't it ? I always felt lucky to have Young's and Fuller's as local beers.
Then old John Young died and his family turned their backs on their customers, closing the brewery and getting Wells and Marston's to brew and ruin great ales.
Then Fuller's sell their brewing arm to Asahi and concentrate on the pub side of business. The contract for Fuller's (pubs) to sell Fuller's beer runs out fairly soon I think.
I think Asahi will sell the brewery for housing and possibly stop brewing ale, concentrating on their fizzy lager. Meanwhile Fuller's (pubs) close good boozers down.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 19:05]
Black Horse Greenford on 00:53 - Jan 12 with 1998 viewsbob566

Can't speak for London but in Dublin alot of pubs getting demolished. Then a block of flats or hotel etc opens in their place with the ground floor been converted to a soulless new pub.
Black Horse Greenford on 09:33 - Jan 12 with 1879 viewstoboboly

Black Horse Greenford on 19:01 - Jan 11 by colinallcars

Loyalty just runs one way doesn't it ? I always felt lucky to have Young's and Fuller's as local beers.
Then old John Young died and his family turned their backs on their customers, closing the brewery and getting Wells and Marston's to brew and ruin great ales.
Then Fuller's sell their brewing arm to Asahi and concentrate on the pub side of business. The contract for Fuller's (pubs) to sell Fuller's beer runs out fairly soon I think.
I think Asahi will sell the brewery for housing and possibly stop brewing ale, concentrating on their fizzy lager. Meanwhile Fuller's (pubs) close good boozers down.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 19:05]

There have been a few Fullers pubs close over the last few weeks. Not a good sign, always seemed strange to sell the brewery but keep the pubs (unless they want to sell off all the pubs?)

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Black Horse Greenford on 09:37 - Jan 12 with 1874 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Black Horse Greenford on 09:33 - Jan 12 by toboboly

There have been a few Fullers pubs close over the last few weeks. Not a good sign, always seemed strange to sell the brewery but keep the pubs (unless they want to sell off all the pubs?)

They only refurbed that about 4/5 years ago.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Black Horse Greenford on 10:45 - Jan 12 with 1798 viewsPhildo

Black Horse Greenford on 15:28 - Jan 11 by qprxtc

That was The British Prince opposite The Shepherd and Flock.

My mum did the food in the Prince all through the 60s. Amongst others she served Richard Burton and Liz Taylor who were filming at the studios in Lime Grove. They politely queued behind everyone else for a sandwich. They were pretty much the most famous people in the world at the time. Hard to imagine something like that now....
Black Horse Greenford on 10:52 - Jan 12 with 1774 viewstraininvain

Black Horse Greenford on 09:33 - Jan 12 by toboboly

Not a massive surprise if you’ve been in this part of town over the past couple of years. Bit of a ghost town with a lot of people choosing to work from home which invariably will result in some central London pubs closing.

Pubs need customers to survive.
Black Horse Greenford on 11:03 - Jan 12 with 1752 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Black Horse Greenford on 09:37 - Jan 12 by Metallica_Hoop

They only refurbed that about 4/5 years ago.

Many a beer in there, too!

Reality is: Fullers have decided to become property developers.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Black Horse Greenford on 11:04 - Jan 12 with 1740 viewshubble

Lockdown decimated the hospitality industry and accelerated the decline in pubs. It also decimated our economy, hence the state of things now; it is the number one factor.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Black Horse Greenford on 11:59 - Jan 12 with 1662 viewsActonExile

I lived near the Black Horse for years (Mum and Dad still do), i must have walked past it a thousand times and probably have been in it less than 10 times.
Personally i have always found Fullers beer uninspiring and expensive.
With any luck someone like the Canal and River trust could show an interest as running it as a club for canal boat owners and local residents then the place might survive and stock beers which people want to buy rather than a limited supply.

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

Black Horse Greenford on 13:53 - Jan 12 with 1529 viewsNorthernr

Red Lion in Ealing has gone as well

Black Horse Greenford on 16:19 - Jan 12 with 1403 viewsSK_hoops

Black Horse Greenford on 11:59 - Jan 12 by ActonExile

I lived near the Black Horse for years (Mum and Dad still do), i must have walked past it a thousand times and probably have been in it less than 10 times.
Personally i have always found Fullers beer uninspiring and expensive.
With any luck someone like the Canal and River trust could show an interest as running it as a club for canal boat owners and local residents then the place might survive and stock beers which people want to buy rather than a limited supply.

To be fair Fuller's stock lots of beers that aren't Fuller's ones.
Black Horse Greenford on 16:25 - Jan 12 with 1380 viewsqueensparker

Black Horse Greenford on 13:53 - Jan 12 by Northernr

Ah no, that’s a sad one for me. My local as a kid, my Dad loved it in there.

My current local is the Masons Arms on the Harrow Road next to Kensal Green Cemetery. Great old building but can’t see that lasting either. Unless the occasional massive wake keeps their head above water, some of the traveller celebrations in there are… quite something.
Black Horse Greenford on 16:35 - Jan 12 with 1331 viewsBoston

Black Horse Greenford on 16:25 - Jan 12 by queensparker

Ah no, that’s a sad one for me. My local as a kid, my Dad loved it in there.

My current local is the Masons Arms on the Harrow Road next to Kensal Green Cemetery. Great old building but can’t see that lasting either. Unless the occasional massive wake keeps their head above water, some of the traveller celebrations in there are… quite something.

When I frequented that part of the world, The Masons wouldn't open when there was a knacker funeral, as did all the other pubs in the area.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Black Horse Greenford on 16:59 - Jan 12 with 1278 viewscolinallcars

Black Horse Greenford on 16:19 - Jan 12 by SK_hoops

To be fair Fuller's stock lots of beers that aren't Fuller's ones.

I don't know what's going on with Fuller's. I went into the Hand & Flower opposite Olympia the other week and all the Fuller's beers were off apart from Pride. When they pulled that up it was like vinegar so had to “back it”.
I ended up with a pint of fizzy hipster beer and a malt whiskey - £12.60 sir !
Black Horse Greenford on 17:15 - Jan 12 with 1243 viewsCateLeBonR

It’s not gone exactly. The tenant has handed their keys back to Fullers but it should reopen I think.

https://ealing.news/food-drink/fullers-set-to-improve-the-red-lion-pub-in-ealing
Black Horse Greenford on 17:19 - Jan 12 with 1228 viewsNorthernr

Black Horse Greenford on 16:59 - Jan 12 by colinallcars

I don't know what's going on with Fuller's. I went into the Hand & Flower opposite Olympia the other week and all the Fuller's beers were off apart from Pride. When they pulled that up it was like vinegar so had to “back it”.
I ended up with a pint of fizzy hipster beer and a malt whiskey - £12.60 sir !

Supply chain issues, same as with everybody. Forgotten the game, one of the ones before Christmas, Crown was all out of every ale by 9pm.
Black Horse Greenford on 17:24 - Jan 12 with 1221 viewsLblock

More sad news there then.

Not a pub I really warmed to but have been in there a bit - as noted on t'other thread... the loss of any pub is a blow.

The Ealing Park Tavern has been boarded up for years. Now there was a great boozer but slightly in the wrong location, The Fly's Home as it was known to many and an absolutely HUGE place.

With all this outpouring of sympathy for pubs (warranted) there is still the angle that charging £6.10 for a pint of Moretti etc is nothing short of robbery. For me it's got to be economies of scale -- you have a fixed cost to open being energy bills, rates, staff wage etc. Surely if you sell more product at a lower price whilst still giving you a decent margin then you're in a better place???
Maybe that's why my ambition to own a bar never happened.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024