Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Board hate? 19:16 - Jan 28 with 11206 views08olesen

Following the game today I have seen a lot of comments on here and twitter pushing to sack the board and I just dont get it at all.

They are not football experts- they defer to a Director of football to make the decisions on players and contracts (as they should). They put up the money each month to keep us afloat and have recently invested in a training ground etc.

I think we need to be careful what we wish for. People seem to have short memories and dont remember Flav and Bernie being involved in substitutions etc. Since Tony has stepped back, they have been much more reserved and sensible and they have absorbed the debt from the acknowledged errors of the prem era.

What is the perfect owner we want? what do you want them to do differently? Put us at financial risk by investing money over the FFP limit?

The only challenge I have is not sacking Les, but beyond that, it is Les' ship, they just fund it. I am not saying they are perfect but we could do a lot worse.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Board hate? on 07:00 - Jan 29 with 1537 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Can anyone on here actually say what the club is trying to do. We are told, numerous times:
Make the club sustainable long term.
A thriving Academy.
A clear pathway to the 1st team.
Using analytics to sign players.
Being competitive.

Looking at that list it looks like none is currently being achieved. It does feel, to me anyway, that the club is disjointed in terms of how we go about achieving those goals.
A new stadium is potentially decades away.
The Academy is producing dross (though the U18s look good) and the new facility will help massively, though not being Tier 1 is shortsighted for reasons discussed on other threads.
I dont see a clear pathway to the 1st team. They cant keep including players such as Dalling and Gubbins as examples of home grown talent playing for the 1st team
Analytics to sign Balogun, Ball, Gray etc etc, really? 5 or 6 loan signings almost every season to get us out the sh!t.
We simply are not competitive if the clubs aim is to push for promotion. But is that even their definition of 'competitive '? And what time scale. Who knows!

Is it the owners fault? Is it DoF fault? I'm pretty sure that the numerous managers over the past 10 years cant all be at fault.

I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!

Until next Saturday anyway. U Rs!.
Board hate? on 07:19 - Jan 29 with 1483 viewsSydneyRs

Just a knee jerk copycat reaction to any setback by some, especially on twitter. The same old boring faces banging on about the "DOF" as if we would magically be contesting the champions league if only he was replaced.

Nobody thought Beale was anything but a very astute appointment when we were top of the league under him. That doesn't change because he got his head turned and left so soon, if anything it confirms what a good appointment it was. You would expect to get at least one season out of him and probably more.

Now its all sack the board etc but who would want to take on this club that is losing money every month and whose ambition is crippled by FFP?

FFP is the real problem here and the reason we cannot sign better players. Nothing more, nothing less. Just look at the league table and how incredibly the teams least affected by FFP are at the top. Again.
Board hate? on 07:23 - Jan 29 with 1464 viewsSydneyRs

Board hate? on 20:54 - Jan 28 by Wegerles_Stairs

Time for them to move on; they have no vision and have delegated the day-to-day running of the club to people without the experience or skills to do the job competently.

Yes, of course, we could get worse owners but we could also do a whole lot better. It's actually a boom time for London clubs - look how many are in the Premier League. And then look at us - no ambition, no plan and no accountability. Bhatia is a nepo baby puppet and Les is a former striking coach at Spurs; it's laughable.

How do we show "ambition" with FFP hanging over us and teams coming down every year with millions in parachute payments? What's your plan? We're all ears.

Replacing the "DOF" won't solve the FFP problem. Neither would replacing the owners.

It took Brentford maybe 15 years of being very well run to go up and not without a number of failures along the way. Their current manager had a horror start but, guess what, they stuck with him and didn't bow to whingers on twitter who probably would have kicked him out.
Board hate? on 07:58 - Jan 29 with 1430 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Board hate? on 07:23 - Jan 29 by SydneyRs

How do we show "ambition" with FFP hanging over us and teams coming down every year with millions in parachute payments? What's your plan? We're all ears.

Replacing the "DOF" won't solve the FFP problem. Neither would replacing the owners.

It took Brentford maybe 15 years of being very well run to go up and not without a number of failures along the way. Their current manager had a horror start but, guess what, they stuck with him and didn't bow to whingers on twitter who probably would have kicked him out.

Your point about Brentford is a good. But.....

The club knew the end goal (Premier League) and how they would get there. Namely the 'Moneyball' method, new stadium etc with a strong owner.
Have QPR got a clear roadmap that everyone is following? I'm not so sure. It feels like a panic every season.
How can they say, we are going to produce youngsters for the 1st team, and sell at a profit, if you are constantly bringing in loans or players who our latest manager knows from before and blocking pathways.
If the youngsters are not good enough, how can they be sold for a profit?
I think the club has to say it will take X number of years to achieve our targets. If its 10 years (which I think is realistic to be promoted, we are in year 4 if you take Warburtons hiring as year zero, so 6 to go), then most fans would accept it I think. Except the social media oinks.
Board hate? on 08:32 - Jan 29 with 1398 viewsE15Hoop

Board hate? on 07:58 - Jan 29 by Wilkinswatercarrier

The club knew the end goal (Premier League) and how they would get there. Namely the 'Moneyball' method, new stadium etc with a strong owner.
Have QPR got a clear roadmap that everyone is following? I'm not so sure. It feels like a panic every season.
How can they say, we are going to produce youngsters for the 1st team, and sell at a profit, if you are constantly bringing in loans or players who our latest manager knows from before and blocking pathways.
I think the club has to say it will take X number of years to achieve our targets. If its 10 years (which I think is realistic to be promoted, we are in year 4 if you take Warburtons hiring as year zero, so 6 to go), then most fans would accept it I think. Except the social media oinks.

Do you think mot fans would accept that, Wilko? Judging by the venom coming from a number of posters on this board, I'm not sure they would, as eminently sensible as your suggestion is.
On a positive note, the manager has now identified a number of "issues" that need addressing directly, and has had the cojones to call them out. What happens over the next few games will tell us a lot about what is going on behind the scenes.
Board hate? on 08:41 - Jan 29 with 1364 viewsSydneyRs

Brentford sourced good value players from overseas, one of the many things that has been stuffed by brexit. The transfer market has also changed, with big fees rarely paid by championship clubs these days as they were in the past.

Brentford also did not have an almighty mess with expensive player contracts and a massive FFP fine to negotiate.
Board hate? on 08:54 - Jan 29 with 1332 viewspaulparker

Board hate? on 08:41 - Jan 29 by SydneyRs

Brentford sourced good value players from overseas, one of the many things that has been stuffed by brexit. The transfer market has also changed, with big fees rarely paid by championship clubs these days as they were in the past.

Brentford also did not have an almighty mess with expensive player contracts and a massive FFP fine to negotiate.

Before Brexit we signed Polter, Cherry , the 2 polish lads, Sylla , Yenni
All money wasted and none of them sold for Brentford money

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Board hate? on 08:57 - Jan 29 with 1317 viewsNorthantsHoop

Good points this is the way I feel. We are still in a 10 year payback of ffp fine, require owners putting in a regular sum to break even. On the upside the training facility is on target, a significant investment by owners and bondholders. If I remember correctly was it said by Les a couple of years back that the short to medium objective was to be a sustainable Championship club. At the moment this should be the focus and I cannot see it changing we just have to accept and support the club. The only way we are going up is by a huge slice of luck, consistency in performances etc. We are still struggling for consistency which has been the theme since relegation 8 years ago and the loss of Warburton who was without a doubt the best manager we have had for a number of years.
Login to get fewer ads

Board hate? on 09:01 - Jan 29 with 1296 viewsNortholt_Rs

But our almighty mess was caused by our absentee owners…they didn’t inherit it did they? They rarely ever attend a game anymore - they’ve been a complete and utter disaster for our club. 1 win in 14 isn’t mediocrity, it’s a calamity, a crisis! This lot are heading to L1 at the current rate and yet Hoos, LF and all the others know nothing will happen to them. They are all bulletproof - none of them are worried about getting the sack because the team is so disastrously pisspoor. Where else would this be tolerated?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Board hate? on 09:13 - Jan 29 with 1234 viewsswitchingcode

You are correct about the overseas signings and championship players values but Brentford did uncover some good home grown gems.Gray Hogan Tawkoski Watkins Pinnock Konsa to name a few who all came from the lower leagues.Benham started his tenure after the Ron Noades years ( now there’s an owner to moan about) which he never put a penny into the club and left them with big debts and wanted to move them to Woking.
Board hate? on 09:16 - Jan 29 with 1229 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Board hate? on 07:23 - Jan 29 by SydneyRs

The Brentford owner didn't appoint a nepo baby as their chairman or Bradley Walsh as their DoF. He appointed people based on their experience and ability to do their job. Big difference.

Warburton was sacked for telling truth to power. Looking at the likes of Kakay, Niko and Shodipo, was he wrong?
Board hate? on 09:49 - Jan 29 with 1186 viewsSydneyRs

Board hate? on 09:01 - Jan 29 by Northolt_Rs

But our almighty mess was caused by our absentee owners…they didn’t inherit it did they? They rarely ever attend a game anymore - they’ve been a complete and utter disaster for our club. 1 win in 14 isn’t mediocrity, it’s a calamity, a crisis! This lot are heading to L1 at the current rate and yet Hoos, LF and all the others know nothing will happen to them. They are all bulletproof - none of them are worried about getting the sack because the team is so disastrously pisspoor. Where else would this be tolerated?

They gambled on the prem and lost. They backed signings financially but unfortunately the signigns themselves were poor. If we'd managed to survive a few seasons it could have been a very different story. Nobody was complaining at the time.

I just don't think booting the owners and "DOF" will solve the problems. We cannot afford better quality players beicaue it would cause an FFP based points deduction, new owners and new "DOF" won't change that.
Board hate? on 10:15 - Jan 29 with 1130 viewsSakura

Board hate? on 09:16 - Jan 29 by Wegerles_Stairs

The Brentford owner didn't appoint a nepo baby as their chairman or Bradley Walsh as their DoF. He appointed people based on their experience and ability to do their job. Big difference.

Warburton was sacked for telling truth to power. Looking at the likes of Kakay, Niko and Shodipo, was he wrong?

What solutions are you proposing? Can you explain what you want done?
Board hate? on 11:03 - Jan 29 with 1071 viewsNortholt_Rs

Board hate? on 09:49 - Jan 29 by SydneyRs

They gambled on the prem and lost. They backed signings financially but unfortunately the signigns themselves were poor. If we'd managed to survive a few seasons it could have been a very different story. Nobody was complaining at the time.

I just don't think booting the owners and "DOF" will solve the problems. We cannot afford better quality players beicaue it would cause an FFP based points deduction, new owners and new "DOF" won't change that.

Fair enough, let’s just stay as we are then.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Board hate? on 11:20 - Jan 29 with 1021 viewsSakura

Board hate? on 11:03 - Jan 29 by Northolt_Rs

Fair enough, let’s just stay as we are then.

Other than moaning with nothing useful to add what are you suggesting we do?

My suggestion is after the window shuts. Sack Les, and sack Belk and get better alternatives in

Our budget isn't going to change even if Jeff Bezos suddenly decides he fancies buying us. The rules don't allow that

So what do you want to do? Force the owners out?

They are literally paying to keep us alive as a club so if you force them out then the club can go bankrupt

Or they could just say f ck you back and sell the stadium site to property developers. Since your only suggestion is that they piss off and eat a loss of tens of millions and forfeit any upside

Explain what you mean. Explain what you want to happen. Explain why the owners should or would go with that suggestion
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 11:21]
Board hate? on 11:25 - Jan 29 with 1000 viewspaulparker

Board hate? on 11:20 - Jan 29 by Sakura

Other than moaning with nothing useful to add what are you suggesting we do?

My suggestion is after the window shuts. Sack Les, and sack Belk and get better alternatives in

Our budget isn't going to change even if Jeff Bezos suddenly decides he fancies buying us. The rules don't allow that

So what do you want to do? Force the owners out?

They are literally paying to keep us alive as a club so if you force them out then the club can go bankrupt

Or they could just say f ck you back and sell the stadium site to property developers. Since your only suggestion is that they piss off and eat a loss of tens of millions and forfeit any upside

Explain what you mean. Explain what you want to happen. Explain why the owners should or would go with that suggestion
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 11:21]

Sack Les, and sack Belk and get better alternatives in

Oh yeah because this board’s history of recruitment is so brilliant
We would end up with Jamie Ohara and Jermaine pennant under these clowns

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Board hate? on 11:34 - Jan 29 with 973 viewsSakura

Board hate? on 11:25 - Jan 29 by paulparker

Sack Les, and sack Belk and get better alternatives in

Oh yeah because this board’s history of recruitment is so brilliant
We would end up with Jamie Ohara and Jermaine pennant under these clowns

So explain your suggestion if you think you have a better one?

Can you do that? Or will you just be either sarky or respond with more questions?
Board hate? on 11:41 - Jan 29 with 951 viewspaulparker

Board hate? on 11:34 - Jan 29 by Sakura

So explain your suggestion if you think you have a better one?

Can you do that? Or will you just be either sarky or respond with more questions?

Why don’t you explain
Explain to me the reasons you have confidence in this board to get it right when they have got every major decision wrong in 11 years
Explain who the board should get if you think sacking Les and Belk is the answer
Explain why you think it’s only Les & Belk who should go

Explain , explain explain
I’m all ears

Board hate? on 11:47 - Jan 29 with 934 viewsessextaxiboy

Board hate? on 08:54 - Jan 29 by paulparker

Before Brexit we signed Polter, Cherry , the 2 polish lads, Sylla , Yenni
All money wasted and none of them sold for Brentford money

...and since Brexit we have signed Kenneth Paal ??
Board hate? on 11:47 - Jan 29 with 924 viewsSakura

Board hate? on 11:41 - Jan 29 by paulparker

Why don’t you explain
Explain to me the reasons you have confidence in this board to get it right when they have got every major decision wrong in 11 years
Explain who the board should get if you think sacking Les and Belk is the answer
Explain why you think it’s only Les & Belk who should go

Explain , explain explain
I’m all ears

Ah so no answers just sarky comments and more questions posed option… shock

When you say "Board". Can you define what you mean by that?

If you mean Ferdinand and Hoos yes I'm in agreement. Have no faith in them. Ferdinand and Belk are most responsible for the playing squad we have. Our lack of success in trading up

But do you mean owners?

If so. Even if I was to agree that I don't have faith in them. Explain what you understand the process is involved in changing that and what that means for the current owners financially

That is the crucial point it seems clear to me that you are unable to grasp intellectually
Board hate? on 11:47 - Jan 29 with 933 viewskernowhoop

Board hate? on 06:33 - Jan 29 by MelakaRanger

Indeed we could be so much worse.

Whatever you think about Tony/The Board and their major F ups during their first 3 years here, they have taken the finacial cost of their mistakes on the chin and they have paid out a lot their own money as a consequence. They have not 'engineered for the club to be running up this debt like some other club owners have.

They have, for many years now, been writing cheques for £2 million a month just to keep the club afloat. In effect they are paying all our players wages out of their own pockets.

The board have put people, they believe to be competent, in to the management of the club to run the club on their behalf.

The players we have had over the past 2 years have shown themselves to be more than able to play against all the top teams and win . They have been able to play consistently well to compete for a top 6 place on merit and this year top the table on merit too.

But as soon as something goes a bit wrong, they turn from a league winning team to a relegation team - and overnight too. They totally lose all energy, fight, cohesion, desire and play like a National League side. And this is not a 'one off' either.

The qustion(s) is/are: What on earth are these 'circumstances' that cause these chanages?

Is it one or two bad eggs in the changing room who can totally affect the whole team? Is it the higher management? Is it that the culture of QPR nowerdays is such that losing is acceptable and there are no consequences for a bad performance?

There must be one or two core issues at the club that need excising but what they are, I just do not know. If it were a 'normal' business the owners would get some "Experts" in the do a thorough investigation and then act on their report . Maybe thats whats needed? After all they cannot keep writing cheques for £2 million each month for ever.

As for the players. I've posted before that I think they are on the whole a bunch of hansomely paid indivduals who are on a cushey number. I am sure there are a few of them that care and genuinely strive to earn their keep and perform accordingly. They want QPR to win and hurt when we do not. But there are too many players that blow hot and cold, or simply dont try very hard, so I am equally sure there are a large number that bank their £5 Grand/£10 Grand or more every week and couldn't give two hoots about QPR the club or its fans.

This club has become too nice on the field. This club has become a club that accepts mediocrity. There should be consequences for continued poor performance just like there should be in the real world. For example, If a player on loan isn't performing, bench them or send them back. Send a message to players that continued lack of a satisfcatory performace will have direct consequences.

As I mentioned above. I think the owners should commission a root and branch investigation of the whole QPR business . Get some REAL Experts in to do this. And do it now. Give them 2 months to complete the review and once the season has ended, implement their recommendations. Be ruthless in what action is taken. No one should be immune from this, whatever their past reputation. This club needs major surgery or its heading towards League 2 sooner than we all think.

Getting an outside, 'expert' and dispassionate view of how to bring about the improvement that we want sounds reasonable.
But, who would these 'experts' be and is there a risk that they would conclude that it is too much of a challenge and that the owners would be advised to pull the plug?
Board hate? on 11:50 - Jan 29 with 925 viewspaulparker

Board hate? on 11:47 - Jan 29 by Sakura

Ah so no answers just sarky comments and more questions posed option… shock

When you say "Board". Can you define what you mean by that?

If you mean Ferdinand and Hoos yes I'm in agreement. Have no faith in them. Ferdinand and Belk are most responsible for the playing squad we have. Our lack of success in trading up

But do you mean owners?

If so. Even if I was to agree that I don't have faith in them. Explain what you understand the process is involved in changing that and what that means for the current owners financially

That is the crucial point it seems clear to me that you are unable to grasp intellectually

You don’t have any answers do you Russian Bot just inane crap like your covid threads

Board hate? on 11:54 - Jan 29 with 907 viewsSakura

Board hate? on 11:50 - Jan 29 by paulparker

You don’t have any answers do you Russian Bot just inane crap like your covid threads

I do have an answer. I think Les and Belk have done their job badly.

We can afford to replace them and I think we should

You don't have an answer. That's clear but I recognise you aren't capable of admitting that or aren't capable of understanding that

But others reading have hopefully seen through your comments. You haven't got an answer

I answered your questions you haven't answered mine.

If we agree we lack faith in the owners. Explain the path to changing that and why the owners themselves would agree to go with that option and how many millions extra they must lose in the meantime to no benefit to themselves

If you can't do that then it says it all
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 11:56]
Board hate? on 11:57 - Jan 29 with 911 viewspaulparker

Board hate? on 11:54 - Jan 29 by Sakura

I do have an answer. I think Les and Belk have done their job badly.

We can afford to replace them and I think we should

You don't have an answer. That's clear but I recognise you aren't capable of admitting that or aren't capable of understanding that

But others reading have hopefully seen through your comments. You haven't got an answer

I answered your questions you haven't answered mine.

If we agree we lack faith in the owners. Explain the path to changing that and why the owners themselves would agree to go with that option and how many millions extra they must lose in the meantime to no benefit to themselves

If you can't do that then it says it all
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 11:56]

Again explain why you think the owners /board ( you know the people who have the final say in QPR )
The ones who spunked all our money on duds and left us in this mess
Explain to me why you think they will get the next choice of DOF and head of recruitment right
Explain !!!!!!

Board hate? on 12:05 - Jan 29 with 883 viewsSakura

Board hate? on 11:57 - Jan 29 by paulparker

Again explain why you think the owners /board ( you know the people who have the final say in QPR )
The ones who spunked all our money on duds and left us in this mess
Explain to me why you think they will get the next choice of DOF and head of recruitment right
Explain !!!!!!

Hypothetically let's all agree that we know that next appointment will be bad. What then?

What do you want to do about it in the context of your complaints about the ownership?

I repeat the request again:

Please explain the fans role in the path to changing the owners, and why the owners themselves would agree to go with that option and how many millions extra they must lose in the meantime to no benefit to themselves
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 12:06]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024