Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Board hate? 19:16 - Jan 28 with 11203 views08olesen

Following the game today I have seen a lot of comments on here and twitter pushing to sack the board and I just dont get it at all.

They are not football experts- they defer to a Director of football to make the decisions on players and contracts (as they should). They put up the money each month to keep us afloat and have recently invested in a training ground etc.

I think we need to be careful what we wish for. People seem to have short memories and dont remember Flav and Bernie being involved in substitutions etc. Since Tony has stepped back, they have been much more reserved and sensible and they have absorbed the debt from the acknowledged errors of the prem era.

What is the perfect owner we want? what do you want them to do differently? Put us at financial risk by investing money over the FFP limit?

The only challenge I have is not sacking Les, but beyond that, it is Les' ship, they just fund it. I am not saying they are perfect but we could do a lot worse.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Board hate? on 10:24 - Jan 30 with 1738 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Board hate? on 10:19 - Jan 30 by Northolt_Rs

The fact no other club had come in for any of our lot says it all.

Yep, and similarly if our DoF or his PE teachers were doing a good job, they'd have been headhunted too. Ironic that it's only Beale that has attracted any interest in recent years.
Board hate? on 10:28 - Jan 30 with 1726 viewsdaveB

Board hate? on 10:24 - Jan 30 by Wegerles_Stairs

Yep, and similarly if our DoF or his PE teachers were doing a good job, they'd have been headhunted too. Ironic that it's only Beale that has attracted any interest in recent years.

how often do coaches get headhunted? I'm not sure that happens too often at any club unless it's to be a first team manager or move as part of a team with the manager
Board hate? on 10:31 - Jan 30 with 1712 viewsdaveB

Board hate? on 21:36 - Jan 29 by Rangersw12

Warburton as DOF ?

I wouldn't be against that to be honest but his tantrum at the end of last season putting 2 keepers on the bench rather than giving anyone from the academy some experience of a match day wasn't a good look
Board hate? on 10:31 - Jan 30 with 1710 viewsdaveB

Board hate? on 23:40 - Jan 29 by Monkey_Roots

Someone on Twitter, who obviously follows TF on instagram, posted that TF has deleted all QPR stories from his account.

Could be bollox, might mean nothing, just thought I’d let you know.

Fernandes hasn't been in charge at QPR for years, he stepped away about 4 years ago. he just helps write the cheques now
Board hate? on 10:46 - Jan 30 with 1656 viewsGloucs_R

Board hate? on 10:12 - Jan 30 by terryb

"Sell our best players and don't reinvest (balance FFP)"

Who would buy any Queens Park Rangers players? Nobody was interested in them during the last three transfer windows, so that is hardly likely to change even though their valuation has plumetted.

Send the loan players back? Fine, but the club would still have to pay the agreed % of wages that was agreed.

The next two days will be so interesting that there may be zero incomings or outgoings.

Everyone has a price, it depends on how desperate we are.

Depends on the player but a lot of clubs are looking at player development rather than just the financials. For example I could see Tim going back to Villa and then straight back out on loan to another club.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Board hate? on 10:49 - Jan 30 with 1642 viewsHooping_Mad

Board hate? on 10:31 - Jan 30 by daveB

I wouldn't be against that to be honest but his tantrum at the end of last season putting 2 keepers on the bench rather than giving anyone from the academy some experience of a match day wasn't a good look

Putting Niko on the bench and then Subbing JCS for Paal is completely different though.

Really?

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Board hate? on 11:16 - Jan 30 with 1590 viewsRangersw12

Yeah I wasn't impressed either but all our managers in the last few years have done similar

Even Critchley didn't have full amount of subs against Fleetwood.

I do think change is needed and that includes our CEO
Board hate? on 11:53 - Jan 30 with 1531 viewsMonkey_Roots

Fernandes hasn't been in charge at QPR for years, he stepped away about 4 years ago. he just helps write the cheques now

No, I know that, it’s just up until yesterday he had QPR references on his Twitter, and today they’re not there any more.

Like I said, could be meaningless, or it might mean something.
Login to get fewer ads

Board hate? on 12:54 - Jan 30 with 1459 viewsterryb

Board hate? on 10:46 - Jan 30 by Gloucs_R

Everyone has a price, it depends on how desperate we are.

Depends on the player but a lot of clubs are looking at player development rather than just the financials. For example I could see Tim going back to Villa and then straight back out on loan to another club.

Of course everyone has a price, but there has to be a buyer!

No club has shown any interest in any of our players.
Board hate? on 13:53 - Jan 30 with 1369 viewsGloucs_R

Board hate? on 12:54 - Jan 30 by terryb

Of course everyone has a price, but there has to be a buyer!

No club has shown any interest in any of our players.

You don't know that. I'm sure they've been told by agents what price the club would likely want and therefore it's put them off

Or in the case of Willock, what his signing on fee would be 😉

Board hate? on 13:27 - Jan 31 with 1150 viewsMonkey_Roots

Ready for some more unsubstantiated, unhelpful rumour-mongering horsesh*t?

A poster on Twitter highlighted something he found on QPR Holdings accounts:

A paragraph about how the group (owners) signed a deed agreeing to financially support QPR until at least 31 March 2023, to keep it a going concern.

Should we read anything into that, that the owners are only legally obligated to make up the shortfall until the end of next month?

Am I a business savvy, legal eagle able to come to this conclusion by myself?

No, I’m not.

Thoughts?
Board hate? on 13:30 - Jan 31 with 1137 viewsGloucs_R

Board hate? on 13:27 - Jan 31 by Monkey_Roots

A paragraph about how the group (owners) signed a deed agreeing to financially support QPR until at least 31 March 2023, to keep it a going concern.

Should we read anything into that, that the owners are only legally obligated to make up the shortfall until the end of next month?

No, I’m not.

Thoughts?

I've always wanted to know why the American guy joined the board and what his interests were.

I've suspected for a very long time that they would be trying to sell the club on. The vanity project hasn't worked and the other businesses have all struggled over the past few years.

Maybe that's why Beale left, Knowing full well they wouldn't be investing any more into the club.

Board hate? on 13:33 - Jan 31 with 1120 viewsJimmyR

No, I’m not.

Thoughts?

Could just be standard accounting boilerplate text to explain where the shortfall is coming from

Could have been on every set of accounts - End of march is very close to the end of the tax year at the start of April
Board hate? on 13:50 - Jan 31 with 1088 viewsconnell10

Board hate? on 13:30 - Jan 31 by Gloucs_R

I've always wanted to know why the American guy joined the board and what his interests were.

I've suspected for a very long time that they would be trying to sell the club on. The vanity project hasn't worked and the other businesses have all struggled over the past few years.

Maybe that's why Beale left, Knowing full well they wouldn't be investing any more into the club.

No Fat Boil face left because he is a bullshitting two faced kunt ....don't even think of defending that slime ball.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Board hate? on 13:55 - Jan 31 with 1072 viewsslmrstid

No, I’m not.

Thoughts?

It does say that but thats based on the May 2021 accounts, so quite a long time ago now.

The clubs next set of accounts are due for filing by the end of next month (to May 2022) so there'll be lots of interesting reading then, and some updates on where things may be at / may be heading.
Board hate? on 15:27 - Jan 31 with 973 viewsJuzzie

Board hate? on 07:19 - Jan 29 by SydneyRs

Just a knee jerk copycat reaction to any setback by some, especially on twitter. The same old boring faces banging on about the "DOF" as if we would magically be contesting the champions league if only he was replaced.

Nobody thought Beale was anything but a very astute appointment when we were top of the league under him. That doesn't change because he got his head turned and left so soon, if anything it confirms what a good appointment it was. You would expect to get at least one season out of him and probably more.

Now its all sack the board etc but who would want to take on this club that is losing money every month and whose ambition is crippled by FFP?

FFP is the real problem here and the reason we cannot sign better players. Nothing more, nothing less. Just look at the league table and how incredibly the teams least affected by FFP are at the top. Again.

The uncertainty of what FFP is and how it affects the club I think is a real problem because I think it skews people's understanding of things are and then start to lay blame here & there.

Again, I'm not defending the club or what they have or haven't done but I do think confusion over FFP (and I don't claim to fully understand it) doesn't help matters.
Board hate? on 15:50 - Jan 31 with 927 viewsEsox_Lucius

Board hate? on 10:24 - Jan 30 by Wegerles_Stairs

The FA were after LF but he turned it down as he felt he had a job to do at QPR. More loyal than a lot of our so called fans.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 15:50]

The grass is always greener.

Board hate? on 15:57 - Jan 31 with 919 viewsHayesender

Board hate? on 15:50 - Jan 31 by Esox_Lucius

The FA were after LF but he turned it down as he felt he had a job to do at QPR. More loyal than a lot of our so called fans.

Us so called fans aren't creaming off £500k of the clubs money every year to do fck all.

Probably turned it down as he'd have had to actually do something constructive

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Board hate? on 15:58 - Jan 31 with 917 viewsRangersw12

More loyal than some of the fans!?

Do you want to explain that ridiculous comment?

Let's not forget LF is taking home a 6 figure salary
[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 16:07]
Board hate? on 16:02 - Jan 31 with 903 viewssystemsguy

5 figure salary? I take home an average 5 figure salary...

6 figures then we're talking....

Anyay how would one know SezLes's QPR salary?

2022/2023.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Board hate? on 16:06 - Jan 31 with 890 viewsRangersw12

Board hate? on 16:02 - Jan 31 by systemsguy

5 figure salary? I take home an average 5 figure salary...

6 figures then we're talking....

Anyay how would one know SezLes's QPR salary?

Good point will edit as 6!
Board hate? on 16:24 - Jan 31 with 843 viewsWegerles_Stairs

He claimed he was on a four-man shortlist. Who else was on it - the Captain of the Titanic?
Board hate? on 16:35 - Jan 31 with 825 viewsEsox_Lucius

Board hate? on 16:24 - Jan 31 by Wegerles_Stairs

He claimed he was on a four-man shortlist. Who else was on it - the Captain of the Titanic?

Comments like that show that reason will never play a part in this debate. You hate Les and that's all that matters.

The grass is always greener.

Board hate? on 17:09 - Jan 31 with 780 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Board hate? on 16:35 - Jan 31 by Esox_Lucius

Comments like that show that reason will never play a part in this debate. You hate Les and that's all that matters.

I don't hate Les at all - he was a brilliant player for us. However, he wouldn't have been appointed to his role by Matthew Benham, and for all our talk about replicating Brentford's model, it falls at the first hurdle if you simply appoint former players to deflect criticism of the board.
Board hate? on 19:14 - Jan 31 with 707 viewsswitchingcode

Board hate? on 17:09 - Jan 31 by Wegerles_Stairs

I don't hate Les at all - he was a brilliant player for us. However, he wouldn't have been appointed to his role by Matthew Benham, and for all our talk about replicating Brentford's model, it falls at the first hurdle if you simply appoint former players to deflect criticism of the board.

Benham was clever enough to make Warburton our first ever director of football who oversaw Uwe Roslers’ time as manager who wanted to take him with him to Wigan when he left.Warburton as DOF and John Eustace as head coach might have been a good option.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024