Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Board hate? 19:16 - Jan 28 with 11204 views08olesen

Following the game today I have seen a lot of comments on here and twitter pushing to sack the board and I just dont get it at all.

They are not football experts- they defer to a Director of football to make the decisions on players and contracts (as they should). They put up the money each month to keep us afloat and have recently invested in a training ground etc.

I think we need to be careful what we wish for. People seem to have short memories and dont remember Flav and Bernie being involved in substitutions etc. Since Tony has stepped back, they have been much more reserved and sensible and they have absorbed the debt from the acknowledged errors of the prem era.

What is the perfect owner we want? what do you want them to do differently? Put us at financial risk by investing money over the FFP limit?

The only challenge I have is not sacking Les, but beyond that, it is Les' ship, they just fund it. I am not saying they are perfect but we could do a lot worse.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Board hate? on 20:55 - Jan 31 with 1164 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Board hate? on 19:14 - Jan 31 by switchingcode

Benham was clever enough to make Warburton our first ever director of football who oversaw Uwe Roslers’ time as manager who wanted to take him with him to Wigan when he left.Warburton as DOF and John Eustace as head coach might have been a good option.

Yeah, I agree but Warburton slagged off the academy players, so got binned. Still, only a couple of hours for Real Madrid to come in for Niko and Kakay.
Board hate? on 22:00 - Jan 31 with 1063 viewsNortholt_Rs

Board hate? on 20:55 - Jan 31 by Wegerles_Stairs

Yeah, I agree but Warburton slagged off the academy players, so got binned. Still, only a couple of hours for Real Madrid to come in for Niko and Kakay.

Niko must’ve turned down RM as he’s joining that giant of European football, the mighty Racing White Daring Molenbeek. I bet they don’t give him a 4 year contract.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Board hate? on 22:10 - Jan 31 with 1024 viewsstowmarketrange

It would be nice to have some sort of communication from the board regarding the lack of players coming in rather than just rely on Chinese whispers.Whether that’s now or after the window shuts doesn’t really matter to me.
Board hate? on 09:16 - Feb 1 with 846 viewsTheChef

Board hate? on 13:30 - Jan 31 by Gloucs_R

I've always wanted to know why the American guy joined the board and what his interests were.

I've suspected for a very long time that they would be trying to sell the club on. The vanity project hasn't worked and the other businesses have all struggled over the past few years.

Maybe that's why Beale left, Knowing full well they wouldn't be investing any more into the club.

Not looking for any scapegoats here...

but we have been mostly dreadful since that American bloke turned up!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Board hate? on 10:50 - Feb 1 with 776 viewswombat

Board hate? on 09:16 - Feb 1 by TheChef

Not looking for any scapegoats here...

but we have been mostly dreadful since that American bloke turned up!

its a point many seem to have missed , going greatt gun first half of last season , he comes in december time and it goes to crap straight after, nothing is known about him apart from he thought he could come in and make a few quid last season if we got promoted , since then its fully gone pete tong at the club , could be part of the problem ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Board hate? on 11:02 - Feb 1 with 747 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Board hate? on 10:50 - Feb 1 by wombat

its a point many seem to have missed , going greatt gun first half of last season , he comes in december time and it goes to crap straight after, nothing is known about him apart from he thought he could come in and make a few quid last season if we got promoted , since then its fully gone pete tong at the club , could be part of the problem ?

One can only hope that he is there to broker a deal with some US investors. Before that, Jamie Reuben was on the board though his sole contribution seems to have been getting Hendrick on loan after he left. Cheers, mate.
Board hate? on 11:08 - Feb 1 with 728 viewsEsox_Lucius

Board hate? on 10:50 - Feb 1 by wombat

https://www.linkedin.com/in/richard-reilly-330045138

The grass is always greener.

Board hate? on 11:42 - Feb 1 with 688 viewsrobith

Board hate? on 20:55 - Jan 31 by Wegerles_Stairs

I know this is like, your schtick, and maybe I'm wasting my breath even engaging with you but we have to challenge untruth when we see it.

Warburton was not binned because he slagged academy players. He was binned because he oversaw a collapse from challenging for automatic promotion to finishing 11th. Collapses that were a feature of all 3 of his seasons here, despite strong transfer backing given to him as well as access to a generational talent.

I loved Warburton, and I do not doubt there was also some politics involved in his departure. But let's not and try and retcon that at that Peterborough debacle the prevailing sense in the crowd was that Warbz had f**ked it.

Anyway, I'd have thought you'd have remembered that clearly - you only appear when we lose?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024