Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Board hate? 19:16 - Jan 28 with 11208 views08olesen

Following the game today I have seen a lot of comments on here and twitter pushing to sack the board and I just dont get it at all.

They are not football experts- they defer to a Director of football to make the decisions on players and contracts (as they should). They put up the money each month to keep us afloat and have recently invested in a training ground etc.

I think we need to be careful what we wish for. People seem to have short memories and dont remember Flav and Bernie being involved in substitutions etc. Since Tony has stepped back, they have been much more reserved and sensible and they have absorbed the debt from the acknowledged errors of the prem era.

What is the perfect owner we want? what do you want them to do differently? Put us at financial risk by investing money over the FFP limit?

The only challenge I have is not sacking Les, but beyond that, it is Les' ship, they just fund it. I am not saying they are perfect but we could do a lot worse.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Board hate? on 12:20 - Jan 29 with 1671 viewspaulparker

Board hate? on 00:18 - Jan 29 by connell10

Boil head Beale is exactly to blame for the clubs failure this season...if you can't see that then you are blind.

That’s to simple it hasn’t helped I grant you but Beale came in looked around the circus of upstairs and was trying to get away ASAP , Clive even said he was trying to do one in September to Stoke
Critchley has come in and looks like he would rather be somewhere else also
The season fell apart last January when Warburton and the higher ups had a disagreement over signings , the result poor loan signings and the players going through the motions yet again

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Board hate? on 12:28 - Jan 29 with 1632 viewsDixie_CT

Board hate? on 11:25 - Jan 29 by paulparker

Sack Les, and sack Belk and get better alternatives in

Oh yeah because this board’s history of recruitment is so brilliant
We would end up with Jamie Ohara and Jermaine pennant under these clowns

Andy Belk’s name is now in public a lot more, and an interesting point was raised to me that he has never worked in his position at any other club and doesn’t have any different experience to draw on, and his network is limited.

In the same conversation, we spoke about Les’s role in player recruitment. They couldn’t believe he had so much responsibility as he had very little knowledge about the players available on the market, and didn’t know how we could add any expertise to the recruitment conversation and decisions.

It’s a scary thought to think that we are relying on two people to suggest players who have no experience of their jobs at any other clubs, and the comment was, ‘Not exactly a melting pot of ideas!’.

It might explain why several managers have been able to bring in players they have wanted with little resistance because they bring more convincing, informed, and personal experience to the dialogue than both Belk and Ferdinand.
Board hate? on 12:33 - Jan 29 with 1609 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Board hate? on 12:20 - Jan 29 by paulparker

That’s to simple it hasn’t helped I grant you but Beale came in looked around the circus of upstairs and was trying to get away ASAP , Clive even said he was trying to do one in September to Stoke
Critchley has come in and looks like he would rather be somewhere else also
The season fell apart last January when Warburton and the higher ups had a disagreement over signings , the result poor loan signings and the players going through the motions yet again

And this is a very valid point. The coach comes in to coach the 1st team, and hopefully promote Academy players from within, plus put forward players who he would like signed. That is it, nothing more or less.
The DoF is meant to do the rest. Namely be the link between everyone involved on the football side and ensure everyone is pulling in the same direction.
Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be working.
Board hate? on 12:58 - Jan 29 with 1518 viewsstanistheman

The owners are not the main problem imo, it is the man they have entrusted with the footballing side of the club. Sack him and replace him with a better qualified DoF. He has failed in keeping the club in the Premiership (appointing Ramsay in the first place rather than a more experienced manager, Sunderland appointed one weeks later and he kept them up). He has since failed to get in a manager who could have won promotion (not appointing Warnock when in temporary charge) plus signing poor players like Washington.

We are in a rut and need to stop this asap.

We have a lot of difficult fixtures this season including away trips to Burnley, Middlesbrough, West Brom and home games against Norwich, Watford & Blackburn. Let alone visits to grounds we struggle at like Huddersfield, Rotherham, Blackpool & Wigan. It might not look like it at the moment, but we could be in a relegation dogfight by the end of February.
Board hate? on 13:07 - Jan 29 with 1489 viewspaulparker

Board hate? on 12:05 - Jan 29 by Sakura

Hypothetically let's all agree that we know that next appointment will be bad. What then?

What do you want to do about it in the context of your complaints about the ownership?

I repeat the request again:

Please explain the fans role in the path to changing the owners, and why the owners themselves would agree to go with that option and how many millions extra they must lose in the meantime to no benefit to themselves
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 12:06]

First things first I agree with you that changes need to be made with Les and his staff
Love Les he has come in with the best intentions but I think change is needed

Do I think this board will get it right, absolutely not, they are the reasons we are in the mess
That will never change

Lblock said it on another thread that if these owners went and we fell down the divisions then if it meant fan ownership then I would take that all day if fan protests led to that then so be it
AFC Wimbledon have shown it can be done and they have a new stadium something we don’t and never will under the current owners
We are 12 years in and were a premier league club , we are now seeing Luton overtake us
Things need changing

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Board hate? on 14:37 - Jan 29 with 1375 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Board hate? on 13:07 - Jan 29 by paulparker

First things first I agree with you that changes need to be made with Les and his staff
Love Les he has come in with the best intentions but I think change is needed

Do I think this board will get it right, absolutely not, they are the reasons we are in the mess
That will never change

Lblock said it on another thread that if these owners went and we fell down the divisions then if it meant fan ownership then I would take that all day if fan protests led to that then so be it
AFC Wimbledon have shown it can be done and they have a new stadium something we don’t and never will under the current owners
We are 12 years in and were a premier league club , we are now seeing Luton overtake us
Things need changing

Sorry, but the vast vast majority fans would not be happy in L2 if it was fan owned.
I, like most fans would happily be owned by some despot who ensured we won everything. That, unfortunately is the way football is now.

Also, AFC is not a bed of roses some think it is. They struggle to keep their best youngsters in their academy, they are over reliant on loans and they struggle for money. Exactly the same issues we have.
Plus Merton council were supportive of AFC coming home.
Board hate? on 14:52 - Jan 29 with 1331 viewsSakura

Board hate? on 14:37 - Jan 29 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Sorry, but the vast vast majority fans would not be happy in L2 if it was fan owned.
I, like most fans would happily be owned by some despot who ensured we won everything. That, unfortunately is the way football is now.

Also, AFC is not a bed of roses some think it is. They struggle to keep their best youngsters in their academy, they are over reliant on loans and they struggle for money. Exactly the same issues we have.
Plus Merton council were supportive of AFC coming home.

Think that’s undoubtedly true. Just those saying get the Owners/ Board out of the club need to recognise that’s what they are risking

Getting Les and Belk out with a better replacement is what we need
Board hate? on 15:34 - Jan 29 with 1278 viewsdaveB

Board hate? on 14:52 - Jan 29 by Sakura

Think that’s undoubtedly true. Just those saying get the Owners/ Board out of the club need to recognise that’s what they are risking

Getting Les and Belk out with a better replacement is what we need

Who are the better replacements?

I get why many want Ferdinand out, is probably time to change the person in that role to be honest but Belk doesn't seem to warrant demands for him to go.
Login to get fewer ads

Board hate? on 21:32 - Jan 29 with 1120 viewsessextaxiboy

Board hate? on 15:34 - Jan 29 by daveB

I get why many want Ferdinand out, is probably time to change the person in that role to be honest but Belk doesn't seem to warrant demands for him to go.

I agree , We dont know if Belk supplies a steady stream of decent prospects that dont get over the line or not .
What we know is that the problem with our club is the football side. We have a Director of Football . Why does the buck not stop there ?

If our DOF had no history with us , would he still be here ? I dont think he would . I fear our owners lack the bottle to make a change .

A fantastic centre forward and goalscorer , a nice guy ,but a DOF ?
Board hate? on 21:36 - Jan 29 with 1113 viewsRangersw12

Board hate? on 15:34 - Jan 29 by daveB

Warburton as DOF ?
Board hate? on 21:38 - Jan 29 with 1108 viewsQPsyR

Board hate? on 21:36 - Jan 29 by Rangersw12

Warburton as DOF ?

Yawn u div

FKA AcidPixie

Board hate? on 21:38 - Jan 29 with 1109 viewsPunteR

The fact we're even talking about Belk now proves the club threw him under the bus with that recent interview.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Board hate? on 21:40 - Jan 29 with 1106 viewsRangersw12

Board hate? on 21:38 - Jan 29 by QPsyR

Yawn u div

See you against those muppets from Kent ?
Board hate? on 21:45 - Jan 29 with 1092 viewsMonkey_Roots

Warburton? Why??

I’m just checking the records… nope, did sweet FA as well.
Board hate? on 21:45 - Jan 29 with 1082 viewsQPsyR

Board hate? on 21:40 - Jan 29 by Rangersw12

Nah I'm in Goa

FKA AcidPixie

Board hate? on 21:48 - Jan 29 with 1071 viewsQPsyR

Board hate? on 21:40 - Jan 29 by Rangersw12

Kent FFS
Northen cnt x

[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 22:50]

FKA AcidPixie

Board hate? on 23:40 - Jan 29 with 1016 viewsMonkey_Roots

Someone on Twitter, who obviously follows TF on instagram, posted that TF has deleted all QPR stories from his account.

Could be bollox, might mean nothing, just thought I’d let you know.
Board hate? on 07:12 - Jan 30 with 891 viewsGloucs_R

Board hate? on 23:40 - Jan 29 by Monkey_Roots

Someone on Twitter, who obviously follows TF on instagram, posted that TF has deleted all QPR stories from his account.

Could be bollox, might mean nothing, just thought I’d let you know.

I tell you what....
The next two days are going to be really interesting.

So many different scenarios...

Sell our best players and don't reinvest (balance FFP)
Send some of the loans back, get new ones in
Sign a couple of lower league players ( if we do sell anyone)
We could end up with a really really lean squad (Niko, Thomas leaving)
Manager could walk (3.5 year contract v ability to carry out his role)
Nothing changes at all, no ins or outs

🍿🍿🍿

Poll: Are we staying up?

Board hate? on 08:05 - Jan 30 with 848 viewsNortholt_Rs

Board hate? on 07:12 - Jan 30 by Gloucs_R

I tell you what....

🍿🍿🍿

Critchley ain’t gonna walk away from a three and a half year pay day! Wasn’t Warburton on a rolling 12month contract?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Board hate? on 08:16 - Jan 30 with 825 viewsMonkey_Roots

More Twitter posts stating TF has deleted all things QPR from his Instagram account…
Board hate? on 08:17 - Jan 30 with 823 viewsMonkey_Roots

I tell you what....

🍿🍿🍿

Critchley develops knee problem?
Board hate? on 08:41 - Jan 30 with 783 viewssteveo04

Board hate? on 12:05 - Jan 29 by Sakura

Hypothetically let's all agree that we know that next appointment will be bad. What then?

What do you want to do about it in the context of your complaints about the ownership?

I repeat the request again:

Please explain the fans role in the path to changing the owners, and why the owners themselves would agree to go with that option and how many millions extra they must lose in the meantime to no benefit to themselves
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 12:06]

Before you going on demanding sacking here actually do research on what Belk does and how the model is went to work . Belk and his team scout and research players and recommend players , Warburton and Beale ignored , George cox a example was identified and agreed but warburton said no signed odejabo and resigned Wallace and basically had two injured players for a season , the problem here is Ferdinand.

The model is recruitment team identify a player , have a chat , yes or no , players signs if yes , coach works with them.

But warburton and Beale ignored it and brought in Gray , Moses , etc and Beale brought in Clare-Salter , Tim , laird etc . The only time it worked is with Paal only because Beale rated him .

Also was we moaning about belk when he identified willock and brought him in.

Go on YouTube Belk explains his role and how it works , this how Luton work and why when Jones leaves Edwards takes over effortlessly because players sign for the club not the manager.

A strong DOF would stand up to mangers and say NO this is our model you work this these . So yes Ferdinand maybe needs to go or grow some
Board hate? on 08:47 - Jan 30 with 780 viewsGloucs_R

Board hate? on 08:05 - Jan 30 by Northolt_Rs

Critchley ain’t gonna walk away from a three and a half year pay day! Wasn’t Warburton on a rolling 12month contract?

I would doubt it too. But I know senior people who have left their jobs within the first 3 months because they know it's an impossible task. Regardless of the money that's being paid.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Board hate? on 10:12 - Jan 30 with 720 viewsterryb

I tell you what....

🍿🍿🍿

"Sell our best players and don't reinvest (balance FFP)"

Who would buy any Queens Park Rangers players? Nobody was interested in them during the last three transfer windows, so that is hardly likely to change even though their valuation has plumetted.

Send the loan players back? Fine, but the club would still have to pay the agreed % of wages that was agreed.

The next two days will be so interesting that there may be zero incomings or outgoings.
Board hate? on 10:19 - Jan 30 with 703 viewsNortholt_Rs

Board hate? on 10:12 - Jan 30 by terryb

"Sell our best players and don't reinvest (balance FFP)"

Who would buy any Queens Park Rangers players? Nobody was interested in them during the last three transfer windows, so that is hardly likely to change even though their valuation has plumetted.

Send the loan players back? Fine, but the club would still have to pay the agreed % of wages that was agreed.

The next two days will be so interesting that there may be zero incomings or outgoings.

The fact no other club had come in for any of our lot says it all.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024