Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That feeling that we are going down… 09:53 - Feb 13 with 15917 viewsRs_Holy

I’m usually reasonably optimistic when it comes to all things QPR. I usually believe that if things are not going to plan we will get out of trouble… something will click and the team will get the wins it needs… the players will pull up their socks, puff their chests out and guts out some performances.
But there have been points in seasons past when I knew we were going down… A horrible, horrible feeling when you just know it is inevitable.
1996 was a season when I believed we would get out of trouble, right up until Eoin Jess scored his one and only goal for Coventry. A game we should have won, but the footballing Gods were not on our side that day. At full time I knew the game was up and we were slipping out of the top flight.
2001 was a lot earlier in the season. At home to Fulham in March… a 2-0 defeat and our 2 best players (Carlisle and Langley) leaving the pitch with ACL’s. Carlisle’s looked really bad at the time, Langley’s looked a lot less serious but in my mind I was thinking he’s probably done for the season… and so are we.
2013 was home to Wigan and Shaun Maloney’s last, last kick of the game after Loic Remy’s fabulous goal a few minutes earlier.
The 2014-2015 season was way, way earlier… In fact, it was away to Spurs in August. Yes it was the 2nd game of the season. A 4-0 thrashing and the realisation that we didn’t have anywhere near enough to make a fist of staying in the top flight.
And so, to Saturday and the home defeat to Millwall… Its now 1 win in 16, we can’t keep a clean sheet (jeez there have been some comedy goals this season), and we are completely toothless up front. Add into the mix that our best player limped off the field having only been on for 7 minutes and I have come to the conclusion we are sinking slowly and painfully into League 1. The alarm bells were ringing at the start of the season when the clubs ‘quality’ striker/loan signing was Tyler Roberts (cue sarcastic text message from leeds supporting friend). But I hoped maybe Armstrong would start scoring a few, Chair would go up another notch and we would have a gem or 2 more in midfield. But nothing appears to have come off! The signings for a number of reasons just have not worked out. That horrible, horrible feeling is back, and made worse this season because it will be a long, slow death as we ever so gradually get dragged into trouble. Sorry I can’t be more optimistic, roll on next season.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 9:56]
That feeling that we are going down… on 12:44 - Apr 17 with 1240 viewsjohnhoop

That feeling that we are going down… on 11:51 - Apr 17 by daveB

They have had new owners since and a lot of money coming into the club

Plus they are in a one club town and get massive gates compared to ours.
They had 29,000 plus for their annihilation of Charlton on Saturday.
That feeling that we are going down… on 12:46 - Apr 17 with 1205 viewsClive_Anderson

Two ways we escape relegation:

1) Another team gets a sudden large points deduction (any chance of this?)
2) Brown paper bags exchanged for allowing us to win 6-0 on the last day of the season (which obviously has never happened before etc.)
That feeling that we are going down… on 12:46 - Apr 17 with 1210 viewsAndybrat

That feeling that we are going down… on 12:13 - Apr 17 by WadR

For the first time, we're seen as favourites for the last relegation spot by one of the more reputable projections

Look at the clubs in League one !!! 😱
That feeling that we are going down… on 13:05 - Apr 17 with 1150 viewsWegerles_Stairs

That feeling that we are going down… on 12:13 - Apr 17 by WadR

For the first time, we're seen as favourites for the last relegation spot by one of the more reputable projections

It was the algorithm's first visit to Loftus Road on Saturday. Didn't like the leg space much either.
That feeling that we are going down… on 13:09 - Apr 17 with 1140 viewsRs_Holy

That feeling that we are going down… on 12:46 - Apr 17 by Clive_Anderson

Two ways we escape relegation:

1) Another team gets a sudden large points deduction (any chance of this?)
2) Brown paper bags exchanged for allowing us to win 6-0 on the last day of the season (which obviously has never happened before etc.)

has to be option 1 shirley!.... I wouldn't fancy us scoring even if Brown Envelopes where exchanged.
That feeling that we are going down… on 13:12 - Apr 17 with 1125 viewsWegerles_Stairs

That feeling that we are going down… on 13:09 - Apr 17 by Rs_Holy

has to be option 1 shirley!.... I wouldn't fancy us scoring even if Brown Envelopes where exchanged.

Ha ha, imagine them trying to fix a 6-0. We'd be two-down at half-time.
That feeling that we are going down… on 13:23 - Apr 17 with 1066 viewsNorthernr

That feeling that we are going down… on 13:12 - Apr 17 by Wegerles_Stairs

Ha ha, imagine them trying to fix a 6-0. We'd be two-down at half-time.

Somebody at Bristol Rovers opens the post that morning and finds a wadge of cash in a brown envelope.
That feeling that we are going down… on 13:24 - Apr 17 with 1057 viewsterryb

That feeling that we are going down… on 10:07 - Apr 17 by CamberleyR

I feel like we're now in the position Ipswich were when they got relegated four years ago. They cleared out big earners and reset, had three seasons taking their medicine treading water in mid table L1.

They're now flying. Scored 85 goals in 41 games with a young team of players that could play at a higher level and if promoted it wouldn't surprise me to see them do in the Championship what Sunderland have done this year. Could we take four seasons in L1 though?

What I find concerning Camberley, is that we're worse than that Ipswich team. And they were BAD!

The turn around for them was brought about by a change of ownership & the two payments they received from the sale of Webster.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 13:31]
Login to get fewer ads

That feeling that we are going down… on 13:26 - Apr 17 with 1045 viewsRs_Holy

That feeling that we are going down… on 13:23 - Apr 17 by Northernr

Somebody at Bristol Rovers opens the post that morning and finds a wadge of cash in a brown envelope.

That feeling that we are going down… on 13:38 - Apr 17 with 981 viewsClive_Anderson

I am imagining thousands of brown paper bags somehow stuffed inside a used fifty pound note.
That feeling that we are going down… on 14:08 - Apr 17 with 923 viewsjoe90

Can’t see us going down. I think we’ll get one more point and either Reading or Cardiff will go down. It’s close, but if we can manage a point against WBA then we can get one against Stoke or Bristol City, possibly even Norwich.

The real concern for me is next season…
That feeling that we are going down… on 14:26 - Apr 17 with 837 viewsSonofpugwash

Arrrr we be like King Cn*t tryin' to hold back the tide.

It'll all come out in the wash.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 14:27]

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024