Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That feeling that we are going down… 09:53 - Feb 13 with 15773 viewsRs_Holy

I’m usually reasonably optimistic when it comes to all things QPR. I usually believe that if things are not going to plan we will get out of trouble… something will click and the team will get the wins it needs… the players will pull up their socks, puff their chests out and guts out some performances.
But there have been points in seasons past when I knew we were going down… A horrible, horrible feeling when you just know it is inevitable.
1996 was a season when I believed we would get out of trouble, right up until Eoin Jess scored his one and only goal for Coventry. A game we should have won, but the footballing Gods were not on our side that day. At full time I knew the game was up and we were slipping out of the top flight.
2001 was a lot earlier in the season. At home to Fulham in March… a 2-0 defeat and our 2 best players (Carlisle and Langley) leaving the pitch with ACL’s. Carlisle’s looked really bad at the time, Langley’s looked a lot less serious but in my mind I was thinking he’s probably done for the season… and so are we.
2013 was home to Wigan and Shaun Maloney’s last, last kick of the game after Loic Remy’s fabulous goal a few minutes earlier.
The 2014-2015 season was way, way earlier… In fact, it was away to Spurs in August. Yes it was the 2nd game of the season. A 4-0 thrashing and the realisation that we didn’t have anywhere near enough to make a fist of staying in the top flight.
And so, to Saturday and the home defeat to Millwall… Its now 1 win in 16, we can’t keep a clean sheet (jeez there have been some comedy goals this season), and we are completely toothless up front. Add into the mix that our best player limped off the field having only been on for 7 minutes and I have come to the conclusion we are sinking slowly and painfully into League 1. The alarm bells were ringing at the start of the season when the clubs ‘quality’ striker/loan signing was Tyler Roberts (cue sarcastic text message from leeds supporting friend). But I hoped maybe Armstrong would start scoring a few, Chair would go up another notch and we would have a gem or 2 more in midfield. But nothing appears to have come off! The signings for a number of reasons just have not worked out. That horrible, horrible feeling is back, and made worse this season because it will be a long, slow death as we ever so gradually get dragged into trouble. Sorry I can’t be more optimistic, roll on next season.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 9:56]
That feeling that we are going down… on 06:37 - Apr 16 with 2672 viewsPlanetHonneywood

That feeling that we are going down… on 11:37 - Feb 13 by TK1

It really isn't anything like our last relegation, which had been approaching for a couple of years. There isn't a single player from that last relegation that would get into this team, nor is the club in anyway near the mess it was in then. It's probably nearer around 2007, when a decent bunch of players were very disjointed, where a lot were passing through, but there was a nucleus to build on. If we win on Tuesday, everything changes (but we do need to win).

Two months on, I think its worse.

Sadly, I believe the parallels I drew with our last relegation from this division have if anything, become more real.

What a fcuking mess they've made of ut.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

That feeling that we are going down… on 06:58 - Apr 16 with 2609 viewstraininvain

This relegation (assuming it’s going to happen now) is more self inflicted than any of the other two I’ve experienced. We had stability under Warburton with upper mid table finishes but the club decided to roll the dice.

Ok Beale shafted the club but we were top six when he left and all we needed was a steady hand to win 5 or 6 games from over half a season of football. It should’ve been Warnock or someone similar till the end of the season. Critchley got the job and it wasn’t good but I’d blame the players for the most part on this period of the season.

The final act of suicide was appointing Ainsworth in a panic move that has completely backfired. Look at the games we’ve lost under him vs all our relegation rivals and the football is some of the worst I’ve seen us play. He looks increasingly clueless with his team selection, tactics and in game management. It’s made even worse that he’s a cult figure / legend at the club.

So that’s three or four key decisions made by the owners, DOF etc that have completely backfired and put us in this situation. This relegation is the football equivalent of shooting ourselves in the foot over and over again.
That feeling that we are going down… on 07:32 - Apr 16 with 2495 viewsjohnhoop

I think we’re very unlikely to get any points from the next two games and it will come down to having to win the last two games against Stoke and Bristol to stay up.
Both teams will already be “on the beach” and have nothing left to play for other than their win bonuses but on the evidence of our current performances I think even that situation is unlikely to be enough for us to get the necessary wins.
That feeling that we are going down… on 07:54 - Apr 16 with 2439 viewstoboboly

That feeling that we are going down… on 07:32 - Apr 16 by johnhoop

I think we’re very unlikely to get any points from the next two games and it will come down to having to win the last two games against Stoke and Bristol to stay up.
Both teams will already be “on the beach” and have nothing left to play for other than their win bonuses but on the evidence of our current performances I think even that situation is unlikely to be enough for us to get the necessary wins.

It seems opposition teams just have to turn up, run, do the basics and wait to beat us handsomely.

It is so sad to watch a team unable to do the basics to the extent that we do.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

That feeling that we are going down… on 07:58 - Apr 16 with 2422 viewsPlanetHonneywood

That feeling that we are going down… on 06:58 - Apr 16 by traininvain

This relegation (assuming it’s going to happen now) is more self inflicted than any of the other two I’ve experienced. We had stability under Warburton with upper mid table finishes but the club decided to roll the dice.

Ok Beale shafted the club but we were top six when he left and all we needed was a steady hand to win 5 or 6 games from over half a season of football. It should’ve been Warnock or someone similar till the end of the season. Critchley got the job and it wasn’t good but I’d blame the players for the most part on this period of the season.

The final act of suicide was appointing Ainsworth in a panic move that has completely backfired. Look at the games we’ve lost under him vs all our relegation rivals and the football is some of the worst I’ve seen us play. He looks increasingly clueless with his team selection, tactics and in game management. It’s made even worse that he’s a cult figure / legend at the club.

So that’s three or four key decisions made by the owners, DOF etc that have completely backfired and put us in this situation. This relegation is the football equivalent of shooting ourselves in the foot over and over again.

Yup!

As for Burnley away...I don't even want to think what the score could be.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:11 - Apr 16 with 2373 viewsDejR_vu

That feeling that we are going down… on 06:58 - Apr 16 by traininvain

We were heading in the right direction under Warburton. How many times did Brentford choke at the end of the season before they saw it through? Did they throw everything out and start again? No, of course not, they just accepted it, believed in what they were doing and went again. Look at them now.

I said at the time, ‘letting Warburton go’ was an act of self harm. We got lucky appointing him in the first place because, by LF’s own admission, prior to MB, they were just looking at whoever applied, and this lot were too thick to understand they had gotten lucky, and so arrogant to think they could do better. MW was the only one in the entire place that knew what he was doing. He may not have been perfect, but he was perfect for us.

This lot have run the club into the ground. The owners appear well meaning but to say they haven’t got a clue would be to complement them. As for the people appointed who supposedly do have a clue, give me strength. Look at the state the club is in. Says it all.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 8:20]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:16 - Apr 16 with 2358 viewsDejR_vu

If we can’t win against a Wigan team that was bottom of the league, hadn’t been paid, and hadn’t trained, whether Stoke and Bristol City are on the beach or not is irrelevant.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:16 - Apr 16 with 2353 viewsRuislipHoop

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:11 - Apr 16 by DejR_vu

We were heading in the right direction under Warburton. How many times did Brentford choke at the end of the season before they saw it through? Did they throw everything out and start again? No, of course not, they just accepted it, believed in what they were doing and went again. Look at them now.

I said at the time, ‘letting Warburton go’ was an act of self harm. We got lucky appointing him in the first place because, by LF’s own admission, prior to MB, they were just looking at whoever applied, and this lot were too thick to understand they had gotten lucky, and so arrogant to think they could do better. MW was the only one in the entire place that knew what he was doing. He may not have been perfect, but he was perfect for us.

This lot have run the club into the ground. The owners appear well meaning but to say they haven’t got a clue would be to complement them. As for the people appointed who supposedly do have a clue, give me strength. Look at the state the club is in. Says it all.

They didn’t let him go,he wasn’t prepared to carry on shackled by Ferdinands mafia.
Login to get fewer ads

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:48 - Apr 16 with 2247 viewsThe_Beast1976

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:16 - Apr 16 by RuislipHoop

They didn’t let him go,he wasn’t prepared to carry on shackled by Ferdinands mafia.

And that is precisely what shoukd have set the alarm bells ringing for the owners. MW is a good, knowledgeable bloke and, despite his mistakes with Hendricks and the other fella from Wolves, he was moving everything forwards. His issues with Ferdinand were a very clear warning sign of what was (and still is) going on at our club. Ferdinand should have been the one forced out last Summer. Brilliant player, absolutely tucking useless DOF.

We've now got ourselves into a position which the owners themselves have sewn.

The only way to give ourselves half a chance of a 'comeback' in the short to medium term is to clear out pretty much everyone (CEO, DOF, all of the main coaches, the whole first team squad (other than Ainswprth (see below) and a couple of the younger members like Armstrong), and put all of the squads below the first team under full review.

In order to do the above we need to decide on which style of football we want to play.

If its 'old school' 4-4-2 with lots of blood and thunder then GA stays (he's got as good a chance as anyone else with succeeding with this style of football) and we go back to the model of giving the manager the keys to the building with no DOF.

If it's a more modern approach with the ball passed around on the deck then we need to find someone who would be a competent DOF and somehow convince them to come here. We give that new DOF the keys to the builing and they then appoint the first team coach and set about rebuilding the whole playing side of the club top to bottom.

Personally, I'd perhaps look at MW as a potential DOF if he was interested despite what we did to him.
That feeling that we are going down… on 09:01 - Apr 16 with 2207 viewsPunteR

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:48 - Apr 16 by The_Beast1976

And that is precisely what shoukd have set the alarm bells ringing for the owners. MW is a good, knowledgeable bloke and, despite his mistakes with Hendricks and the other fella from Wolves, he was moving everything forwards. His issues with Ferdinand were a very clear warning sign of what was (and still is) going on at our club. Ferdinand should have been the one forced out last Summer. Brilliant player, absolutely tucking useless DOF.

We've now got ourselves into a position which the owners themselves have sewn.

The only way to give ourselves half a chance of a 'comeback' in the short to medium term is to clear out pretty much everyone (CEO, DOF, all of the main coaches, the whole first team squad (other than Ainswprth (see below) and a couple of the younger members like Armstrong), and put all of the squads below the first team under full review.

In order to do the above we need to decide on which style of football we want to play.

If its 'old school' 4-4-2 with lots of blood and thunder then GA stays (he's got as good a chance as anyone else with succeeding with this style of football) and we go back to the model of giving the manager the keys to the building with no DOF.

If it's a more modern approach with the ball passed around on the deck then we need to find someone who would be a competent DOF and somehow convince them to come here. We give that new DOF the keys to the builing and they then appoint the first team coach and set about rebuilding the whole playing side of the club top to bottom.

Personally, I'd perhaps look at MW as a potential DOF if he was interested despite what we did to him.

If Warburton was DoF there's no way Ainsworth would be his manager.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

That feeling that we are going down… on 09:48 - Apr 16 with 2047 viewsRanger_1969

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:11 - Apr 16 by DejR_vu

Agree 100%
That feeling that we are going down… on 09:53 - Apr 16 with 2023 viewsRanger_1969

That feeling that we are going down… on 09:01 - Apr 16 by PunteR

If Warburton was DoF there's no way Ainsworth would be his manager.

Maybe so, but I'd still prefer MW as DOF - it's the one move that could possibly get us back on track.

I don't want Ainsworth out - but I don't like the way this club is heading ATM.
That feeling that we are going down… on 10:17 - Apr 16 with 1947 viewsOldPedro

That feeling that we are going down… on 07:58 - Apr 16 by PlanetHonneywood

Yup!

As for Burnley away...I don't even want to think what the score could be.

Looked at the stats on the BBC website for the Reading v Burnley game which finished 0-0 - Burnley only had 1 shot on target from 16 shots and 75% possession.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

That feeling that we are going down… on 10:37 - Apr 16 with 1886 viewsted_hendrix

Sadly we wont be getting anymore points this season nor will we be scoring anymore goals this season.
We were relegated weeks ago......................
Based on recent results my predictions for the final four matches are as follows;
QPR 0 Norwich 3
Burnley 7 QPR 0
Stoke 4 QPR 0
QPR 0 Bristol titty 3

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

That feeling that we are going down… on 10:37 - Apr 16 with 1884 viewsthemodfather

well with the wattford win, we are something like one win in 23 games? of course losing most of them, complete and utter relegation form in any league but we are not yet, bottom 3 thanks to others getting points off. sadly we have been 5hite.
That feeling that we are going down… on 12:12 - Apr 16 with 1750 viewsNortholt_Rs

That feeling that we are going down… on 10:37 - Apr 16 by themodfather

well with the wattford win, we are something like one win in 23 games? of course losing most of them, complete and utter relegation form in any league but we are not yet, bottom 3 thanks to others getting points off. sadly we have been 5hite.

2 wins in 27 games after yesterdays latest debacle. How is that statistic even possible at a professional football club? It’s fkn scary to think how low this club may sink…

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

That feeling that we are going down… on 12:41 - Apr 16 with 1687 viewsPhilmyRs

That feeling that we are going down… on 12:12 - Apr 16 by Northolt_Rs

2 wins in 27 games after yesterdays latest debacle. How is that statistic even possible at a professional football club? It’s fkn scary to think how low this club may sink…

At least under Critchley we did pick up some draws - think we drew 3 on the spin in January and then drew away at Huddersfield. One of those draws was that painful last minute equaliser against Sheffield Utd where I thought we played well. He actually picked up points when we played the Teams down the table with us - drew with Cardiff, Reading and Huddersfield. Ainsworth by contrast got turned over 6-1 against one of the worst teams in the division and lost comfortably to the other. I’m convinced we’d be in a better position had we kept Critchley although still don’t think he was the right manager for us.
That feeling that we are going down… on 12:52 - Apr 16 with 1637 viewsjoe90

Based on the evidence the players are the issue. All the managers seem to affect is how bad they play. Whatever glimmer of hope Critchley offered was off set by the fact the team apparently didn’t like him.

We’re stuck between a rock and a hard place. I think we’ll stay up, but next season, either way, we’re screwed.
That feeling that we are going down… on 13:37 - Apr 16 with 1529 viewsterryb

You are probably right, but Norwich on Wednesday is probably the easiest game we have .

I watched a little of their game at Middlesbrough on Friday night & their defence made ours look almost ok! The players , like ours & Watford, just want the season to end & have no interest in the game.

If Norwich score first they might run riot (as they have better players), but will they be arsed enough to try? Watford weren't!
That feeling that we are going down… on 18:39 - Apr 16 with 1320 viewsRs_Holy

That feeling that we are going down… on 10:37 - Apr 16 by ted_hendrix

Sadly we wont be getting anymore points this season nor will we be scoring anymore goals this season.
Based on recent results my predictions for the final four matches are as follows;
QPR 0 Norwich 3
Burnley 7 QPR 0
Stoke 4 QPR 0
QPR 0 Bristol titty 3

I just hope it's all over before the last game of the season... I don't want Sky hyping it up and going on and on and on in the build up!
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 18:42]
That feeling that we are going down… on 01:52 - Apr 17 with 1131 viewslave16

That feeling that we are going down… on 18:39 - Apr 16 by Rs_Holy

I just hope it's all over before the last game of the season... I don't want Sky hyping it up and going on and on and on in the build up!

It's over - we are as the saying goes - dead man walking - the teams we face are decent, our goal difference is shocking and we couldn't score with a pocket full of £20's in a house of ill repute during happy hour- I'm still hoping though and it's the hope that kills you.

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

That feeling that we are going down… on 02:30 - Apr 17 with 1122 viewsFredManRave

That feeling that we are going down… on 10:37 - Apr 16 by ted_hendrix

QPR 0 Norwich 3
Burnley 7 QPR 0
Stoke 4 QPR 0
QPR 0 Bristol titty 3

Ted, can you provide FT results instead of just the HT ones, please.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

That feeling that we are going down… on 06:12 - Apr 17 with 1047 viewsjohnhoop

That feeling that we are going down… on 18:39 - Apr 16 by Rs_Holy

I was hoping that we would still be in with a chance when we played the last game so there was actually some reason for attending but I can see your point.
Can you imagine what the atmosphere will be like at the Bristol game for those who bother to turn up if we are already down?
Toxic won’t even begin to cover it.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 6:14]
That feeling that we are going down… on 07:24 - Apr 17 with 981 viewsE17hoop

I'm pretty optimistic like the OP and the ONLY thing that I'm clinging onto is that we're not bottom 3. As long as we're not there's hope. If we fall into the relegation spots, we're done.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

That feeling that we are going down… on 07:41 - Apr 17 with 945 viewsWegerles_Stairs

That feeling that we are going down… on 07:24 - Apr 17 by E17hoop

I'm pretty optimistic like the OP and the ONLY thing that I'm clinging onto is that we're not bottom 3. As long as we're not there's hope. If we fall into the relegation spots, we're done.

Others have said it but we need an attacking line-up on Wednesday. Got to go at them and score goals, particularly with their defensive problems. Going 1-0 down has meant defeat in so many games on this run. If he plays Dunne/Albert on the right-hand side and Dozzell in a midfield two, I'm done. Balogun's injury should mean Dunne moves back to the centre but Ainsworth has got to show some faith in those who have flattered to deceive - Laird, Richards, Willock, etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024