Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positivity 11:24 - Mar 7 with 6218 viewsGaryBannister86

I see we are nearing a sell out on Saturday.

Stuff your Brentfords and your Fulhams and even your Chelseas. I can guarantee you that if any of them were in the Championship, had just gone through this run "It’s now five defeats in a row, six losses from the last seven, no wins in 13 games, one win in 20 matches, and 26 defeats in the last 48 fixtures going back into last season", then their ground would be half empty, not full for Watford at home.

That's what keeps me going, that's why I will be there on Satuday. Loyal supporters, URRRRSSSSS.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2023 11:25]
Positivity on 14:23 - Mar 7 with 2088 viewslosethedrum

Positivity on 11:26 - Mar 7 by Antti_Heinola

i mean, this is Watford fans buying up tickets isn't it?
I'm a ST holder and I can't face it. And I'm the last person to feel like that. Can't be the only one.

Hopefully you might offer your ticket on here to someone who may not otherwise be able to attend , you may have already done so .
If so fair play to you .
Positivity on 14:24 - Mar 7 with 2082 viewsstowmarketrange

Positivity on 14:11 - Mar 7 by Harbour

At the Blackburn game I met 2 fans over from Norway for the week and to take in the game both lifelong rs fans we had a great chat before hand I must say as I go to most games on my own Rs fans are the friendless. And notice so many people from overseas coming. This Saturday my son in law a saints fan is coming with me like us saints are on a terrible run.So hoping we somehow scrape at least a draw I know very unlikely. But even when losing the Loftus Rd is a drug I can't kick....coyrs

There are a few Norwegian season ticket holders in the upper loft and they make the journey over a few times a season.I love it when they come over because their flag used to keep the wind off my knees in the front row of ML.But it’s not needed so much now as it’s standing only.
Positivity on 14:27 - Mar 7 with 2053 viewsNW5Hoop

Choice between hanging out with my favourite band or watching us lose again (from an uncovered seat).

Hmmmmm.
Positivity on 14:32 - Mar 7 with 2004 viewsMole_Senior

Positivity on 12:24 - Mar 7 by LowerloftLad

Me and my dad are season ticket holders, We will be at chertsey vs walton. Pretty sure there will be other season ticket holders feeling the same way and won't be bothering.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2023 12:28]

Isn't this sort of attitude part of the problem right now at HQ? Don't get me wrong Lowerloftlad, I'm certainly not having a swipe at you and I'm also royally fooked off with everything that is going on, but how can we as fans give up and then expect the players to give their all every game?

Surely a packed Loftus Road, with everyone in full voice, could be the difference in us staying up or being relegated?
Positivity on 14:44 - Mar 7 with 1934 viewsjoe90

Positivity on 11:58 - Mar 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Blackpool tickets have arrived this morning.

I'm well up for it, because Rotherham was my umpteenth away game without a win but I know when one comes I want to be there because they place is going to go mental.

Was it 1100 fans went to Rotherham or something? I guess they were acting on the same lines. That or some kind of sadism.

In a different universe Armstrong's goal wasn't disallowed and we beat them 2-1 in the 80th minute. It's those imagine unlikely scenarios that give me the horn anyway.

I get that, but I feel we're beyond 'one win and everything will be fine'.
Positivity on 14:48 - Mar 7 with 1910 viewsParkRoyalR

Me and my dad are season ticket holders, We will be at chertsey vs walton. Pretty sure there will be other season ticket holders feeling the same way and won't be bothering.

Not criticizing your choice but it does baffle me,

The more my team needs my support (ie when its struggling) the more determined I am to get to games,

I'm hoping we can pick up the required 3 wins soon as trust me don't overly fancy Wigan and Burnley away days (Stoke's a decent enough away day) but know if we need the points, I'll have to do my best to get to those grounds to support my team.

And I do agree with the point about our support can pick up when we struggle as fans realise they're needed and can make a difference!
Positivity on 14:53 - Mar 7 with 1876 viewsNorthantsHoop

Positivity on 14:44 - Mar 7 by joe90

Just going to keep the faith good old chat with Ron as we drive down from Northampton, have a few G&Ts with my mate of over 40 years in the Richmond, make our way to the ground in hope, take up my seat in the upper loft and expect a response on the pitch. Drive home with Ron, hopefully extolling the virtues of a much needed 3 points.
Positivity on 14:59 - Mar 7 with 1845 viewsJPC

The no 10 for Walton is my son-in-law.
Login to get fewer ads

Positivity on 15:31 - Mar 7 with 1766 viewshubble

Positivity on 14:59 - Mar 7 by JPC

The no 10 for Walton is my son-in-law.

Is he any good? Surely he could do a job for us?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Positivity on 16:05 - Mar 7 with 1676 viewsAntti_Heinola

Positivity on 14:23 - Mar 7 by losethedrum

Hopefully you might offer your ticket on here to someone who may not otherwise be able to attend , you may have already done so .
If so fair play to you .

well, haven't decided yet tbh!
But have people i go with who would take it.

Bare bones.

Positivity on 16:14 - Mar 7 with 1635 viewsessextaxiboy

Positivity on 14:53 - Mar 7 by NorthantsHoop

Just going to keep the faith good old chat with Ron as we drive down from Northampton, have a few G&Ts with my mate of over 40 years in the Richmond, make our way to the ground in hope, take up my seat in the upper loft and expect a response on the pitch. Drive home with Ron, hopefully extolling the virtues of a much needed 3 points.

Gin before Rangers does not agree with me , I am a passive chap but I get a bit aggressive .
Positivity on 17:55 - Mar 7 with 1513 viewsPinnerPaul

Positivity on 11:45 - Mar 7 by GaryBannister86

No chance, if you are not on the QPR database you ain't buying a ticket.

That's what I thought anyway.

Nice to see almost every reply has been negative to a positive post. I don't see what is negative about the fact the supporters are still turning out even when the team is terrible.

Ah well, thought it was a good spin. :-)
[Post edited 7 Mar 2023 11:46]

EVERY thread is turned into a negative one - even the one about Man Utd losing 7 nil contained at least 50% of posts mentioning how poor we were - still I suppose there are not many other threads where that's mentioned!
Positivity on 17:57 - Mar 7 with 1509 viewsPinnerPaul

Positivity on 11:49 - Mar 7 by stowmarketrange

Your ticket will be counted in the attendance whether you go or not.So even if it looks like being a sell out,it probably won’t be.
It’ll be my 1st game for a month,since the millwall game and I’m looking forward to resuming my viewing from the front of ML.
This is the sort of game that we would win in previous seasons,but I’m not sure we could win the toss at the minute.
Bring on the bus replacement service turning a 90 minute journey into a 150 minute one each way.And the queue to get in the White Horse.I might walk from Oxford Circus tube again and we’ve NEVER lost a game when I’ve done that.

There might not be many more chances to watch a championship game at Loftus Rd for a while so make the most of it.
Come on u R’sssssssss.

And if you're coming/going on the A40 it will be a looooong journey.

Still I have Mrs PP with me to keep me cheery..................................................

Yes, yes I know this is supposed to be a positive thread!
Positivity on 17:59 - Mar 7 with 1501 viewsPinnerPaul

Each to their own but seems strange to me to pay for QPR and then not only not go, but spend even more money going somewhere else.
Positivity on 18:01 - Mar 7 with 1499 viewsPinnerPaul

Positivity on 12:40 - Mar 7 by Antti_Heinola

Not sur about this.
It was anything b ut fervent in the first few months - I was a the Vauxhall game and 'toxic' doesn't come close to it. Players literally arguing with fans DURING the game.

It changed BECAUSE of success. Because we started winning almost every week. Because players were committed, manager was committed. For a brief period players, fans and board were united. When that happens, success follows.

Not helping the 'unity' by not turning up though are we?
Positivity on 18:02 - Mar 7 with 1493 viewsPinnerPaul

Positivity on 13:16 - Mar 7 by bosh67

I think if we find ourselves 2 or 3 down and the heads go down again we should go full Vera Lynn...

We'll win again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I'm sure we'll win again
Some sunny day

Keep smiling through
Just like you always do
'Til the hooped skies drive the dark clouds
Far away

We'll win again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I'm sure we'll win again
Some sunny day

That's cheered me up - brilliant!
Positivity on 19:44 - Mar 7 with 1412 viewsthehat

As tough and as shit as we have been I will be there along with my kids, brother and neices.

No matter how many Saturday nights they have ruined Its what we do through thick and thin.

Come on you R’rrrs
Positivity on 02:05 - Mar 8 with 1224 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Positivity on 14:44 - Mar 7 by joe90

I’m just trying to source some joy where I can, even if it’s imagined at this point.
Positivity on 06:49 - Mar 8 with 1133 viewskernowhoop

Positivity on 18:02 - Mar 7 by PinnerPaul

That's cheered me up - brilliant!

Wonderful.
Positivity on 07:18 - Mar 8 with 1090 viewsDorse

Positivity on 19:44 - Mar 7 by thehat

As tough and as shit as we have been I will be there along with my kids, brother and neices.

No matter how many Saturday nights they have ruined Its what we do through thick and thin.

Come on you R’rrrs

That's it. I'm calling Childline.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Positivity on 07:47 - Mar 8 with 1038 viewsozranger

I posted on another thread something similar to what I am about to say here. This is our club. It is not the player's who come and go. The owners are here now and pay the bills, but it is us who remain here from the beginning to our own end. That is, what happens this season affects us more than all of the others.

If you want to go to the games or not, that is up to you. But if you do not cheer the team, do not support them now when they are most in dire circumstances, how can you look at yourself at the end of the season and say that you were part of this team? When the players have gone, as they will and don't care... when the management have given up... who does that leave the club with? Us. Next season and the future, the one consistency in this club will be us.

People think it is best to front up to players at the end of games and challenge them for their participation. But, does that not just make them play worse, or want to play worse? Why should they care if they are being hounded on a continuous basis? Perhaps they already don't care, as some suggest, but do you not think your jeering or our own players is counterproductive to what Gareth is trying to do?

We have to help push this club through the current situation. We need to get behind the club, whether you feel that we should be cheering on the wannabees and the real players or not. We need to do our part.
Positivity on 08:27 - Mar 8 with 952 viewsPinnerPaul

Positivity on 07:47 - Mar 8 by ozranger

I posted on another thread something similar to what I am about to say here. This is our club. It is not the player's who come and go. The owners are here now and pay the bills, but it is us who remain here from the beginning to our own end. That is, what happens this season affects us more than all of the others.

If you want to go to the games or not, that is up to you. But if you do not cheer the team, do not support them now when they are most in dire circumstances, how can you look at yourself at the end of the season and say that you were part of this team? When the players have gone, as they will and don't care... when the management have given up... who does that leave the club with? Us. Next season and the future, the one consistency in this club will be us.

People think it is best to front up to players at the end of games and challenge them for their participation. But, does that not just make them play worse, or want to play worse? Why should they care if they are being hounded on a continuous basis? Perhaps they already don't care, as some suggest, but do you not think your jeering or our own players is counterproductive to what Gareth is trying to do?

We have to help push this club through the current situation. We need to get behind the club, whether you feel that we should be cheering on the wannabees and the real players or not. We need to do our part.

Well said
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024