Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lineker dropped from MOTD 16:54 - Mar 10 with 38019 viewsBushman

David Attenborough show kicked sideways to iPlayer

What times we live in

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 18:51 - Mar 10 with 2132 viewsderbyhoop

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 18:25 - Mar 10 by QPR_Jim

Not really "virtue signalling" if he puts his money where his mouth is and house immigrants in his home.

He has done.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 18:52 - Mar 10 with 2131 viewsdmm

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 18:49 - Mar 10 by Damo1962

The Left doesn't have the monopoly on decent human virtues. You have just proved yet again,what I said about the hypocrisy and intolerance of a lot on the Left. And notice I said a lot...not all. That the difference between you and me.

I'm not going to argue with you, however much I'd like to. But I must tell you what you already know; you don't know me from Adam.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 18:57 - Mar 10 with 2072 viewsSonofpugwash

I think RuPaul will do a fine job as Lineker's replacement.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 18:59 - Mar 10 with 2073 viewswortonranger

I feel the need to point out something about what he said.
THe Germans ( and Poles actually) had looked at a policy to compulsorily relocate Jews to Madagascar, amongst other possible locations, before going for the “ final solution” of the Holocaust. Thus there’s a direct link with the current policies and German policies at that time.
We all come to this discussion from a variety of standpoints. The illegal migration issue is far more complex than you would think if you consider Braverman’s equally insulting nonsense. If she is given the boot ( won’t happen) fair enough. There are decent Conservatives too. Until then, Im with Gary,
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:03 - Mar 10 with 2029 viewsQPR_Jim

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 18:31 - Mar 10 by knocker

2, fully veted migrants for two weeks. Not 2 off the beach at dungeness.

Sorry I thought the word virtue signalling was for people who said stuff, often on social media, but didn't actually back it up with actions. As far as I can see, whether they're vetted or not is irrelevant, he's backing up what he says with actions. By all means say he's still wrong to say what he said but I don't think virtue signalling applies to him.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:07 - Mar 10 with 1978 viewsDamo1962

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 18:52 - Mar 10 by dmm

I'm not going to argue with you, however much I'd like to. But I must tell you what you already know; you don't know me from Adam.

I know you are mad enough to support QPR 🤔😁
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:10 - Mar 10 with 2003 viewsGalileo

What’s David Ike up to these days ?
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:12 - Mar 10 with 1988 viewsaston_hoop

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:10 - Mar 10 by Galileo

Has a few accounts on here by the looks of things

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:13 - Mar 10 with 1972 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 18:25 - Mar 10 by QPR_Jim

Not really "virtue signalling" if he puts his money where his mouth is and house immigrants in his home.

He could have housed a lot more with the millions in tax he attempted to avoid paying.

This is a highly complex issue but unfortunately this kind of media storm just oversimplifies it. Of course there are many genuine people seeking asylum, but there are also a lot of economic migrants crossing the channel from what is a country that does offer safe asylum.

All that notwithstanding, we shouldn't be encouraging people from undertaking a dangerous journey, particularly those with young children. Lineker invoking Godwin's law is such a gross oversimplification that it doesn't help anyone, apart from whoever's waiting in the wings to present MOTD in his absence.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:15 - Mar 10 with 1941 viewsDamo1962

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:03 - Mar 10 by QPR_Jim

Sorry I thought the word virtue signalling was for people who said stuff, often on social media, but didn't actually back it up with actions. As far as I can see, whether they're vetted or not is irrelevant, he's backing up what he says with actions. By all means say he's still wrong to say what he said but I don't think virtue signalling applies to him.

It was a general observation...like a lot on social media(especially Celebs). In this case, I'll grudgingly agree...it isn't applicable.That doesn't mean he doesn't VS on lots of other "trendy" issues. Like I say, he only one of many. Too many people think, their opinion is the only one that is important 🤔
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:21 - Mar 10 with 1937 viewsSonofpugwash

"I have informed the BBC that I won’t be appearing on MOTD tomorrow night." Alan Shearer just tweeted.

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:22 - Mar 10 with 1950 viewswesty

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 18:14 - Mar 10 by Wilkinswatercarrier

If you work for the Beeb u have to be impartial. If he wants to air an opinion, which is his right, then he could work for Daily Mail or The Guardian, but not the Beeb.
Besides, he is of questionable character anyway, tries it on with anything allegedly!

Think that’s his brother you’re thinking of.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:24 - Mar 10 with 1933 viewsted_hendrix

Hand on heart I honestly haven't watched MOTD for bloody Years and Years.

Which is totally irrelevant.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:28 - Mar 10 with 1866 viewsDamo1962

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:12 - Mar 10 by aston_hoop

Has a few accounts on here by the looks of things

Yeah...just like the Though Police.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:29 - Mar 10 with 1887 viewsdaveB

If he had supported the government so still speaking out and not being impartial then he'd still be in a job

Who knew the right were so woke and in support of cancel culture
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:32 - Mar 10 with 1860 viewsSonofpugwash

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:29 - Mar 10 by daveB

If he had supported the government so still speaking out and not being impartial then he'd still be in a job

Who knew the right were so woke and in support of cancel culture

Gary Lineker can hardly be classed as "culture".On a Petri Dish perhaps....

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:35 - Mar 10 with 1854 viewsdaveB

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 18:39 - Mar 10 by Sharpy36

All three of them fell over themselves getting to Qatar though.

Bering a hypocrite isn's a sackable offence is it?

all 3 of them were on air speaking about human rights issues in Qatar on the show which was fine but they can't say anything on twitter about it. It's a farce
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:37 - Mar 10 with 1848 viewswesty

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:24 - Mar 10 by ted_hendrix

That’s the beauty of supporting QPR
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:37 - Mar 10 with 1843 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:10 - Mar 10 by Galileo

God knows!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:38 - Mar 10 with 1809 viewsDamo1962

Seems not. Waste of time trying to have a debate with most of them. QPR related matters for me from now on.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 19:42]
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:40 - Mar 10 with 1821 viewsBerkoRanger

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:24 - Mar 10 by ted_hendrix

And I thought we all watched MOTD so we could drool over all the exciting footy every Prem team plays....
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:41 - Mar 10 with 1820 viewszizoustainrod

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:21 - Mar 10 by Sonofpugwash

"I have informed the BBC that I won’t be appearing on MOTD tomorrow night." Alan Shearer just tweeted.

I just want to state that, in spite of any approaches made, I also will not be appearing on MOTD this weekend.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:41 - Mar 10 with 1815 viewsdaveB

Personally i don't really care if Lineker is a right wing jug eared cnt or a a left wing one, people shouldn't be forced out of their job for having an opinion against whichever party is in government whether you agree with them or not

If he said something grossly offensive he'd deserve the boot but this is all so pathetic
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:42 - Mar 10 with 1784 viewsDamo1962

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:37 - Mar 10 by westy

That’s the beauty of supporting QPR

You win the post of the thread Westy 🏅😆
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:42 - Mar 10 with 1800 viewsSonofpugwash

Could be the perfect excuse to get rid of him and save a few bob.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024