Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lineker dropped from MOTD 16:54 - Mar 10 with 38023 viewsBushman

David Attenborough show kicked sideways to iPlayer

What times we live in

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 21:01 - Mar 10 with 2492 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:43 - Mar 10 by Sonofpugwash

Glenn Hoddle got sacked for less.

In my very humble opinion, Pugwash - and I really don't want to start a row with a fellow Ranger, and I'm not trying to, I promise...but in my very humble opinion Glenn Hoddle got sacked for saying that my sister, Michelle, was born into pain, lived in pain for five years and died in pain because she was wicked or evil in a past life. I find that notion hideous and beyond all human comprehension, and devoid of even the merest hint of compassion or decency.

But I have no idea which people should get sacked for which personal views. In fact, I find it surprising that so many people on this thread are so certain in their beliefs.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 21:04 - Mar 10 with 2445 viewsSonofpugwash

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 21:01 - Mar 10 by BrianMcCarthy

In my very humble opinion, Pugwash - and I really don't want to start a row with a fellow Ranger, and I'm not trying to, I promise...but in my very humble opinion Glenn Hoddle got sacked for saying that my sister, Michelle, was born into pain, lived in pain for five years and died in pain because she was wicked or evil in a past life. I find that notion hideous and beyond all human comprehension, and devoid of even the merest hint of compassion or decency.

But I have no idea which people should get sacked for which personal views. In fact, I find it surprising that so many people on this thread are so certain in their beliefs.

I absolutely agree Brian.
My severely disabled (Spina Bifida ) brother had a letter printed in The Times the following day which read..
"Dear Sirs,
I am a Spina Bifida sufferer with badly ulcerated legs.Does this mean I was a football manager in a previous life?"
Sorry to hear about your sister - I feel your pain.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 21:10 - Mar 10 with 2416 viewsRanger_Things

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 21:16 - Mar 10 with 2366 viewsDamo1962

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:26 - Mar 10 by Hayesender

QPR are showing solidarity with Gary Lineker by also refusing to appear on MOTD

Love it ...but Westy already has the medal 😉
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 21:17 - Mar 10 with 2382 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 21:04 - Mar 10 by Sonofpugwash

I absolutely agree Brian.
My severely disabled (Spina Bifida ) brother had a letter printed in The Times the following day which read..
"Dear Sirs,
I am a Spina Bifida sufferer with badly ulcerated legs.Does this mean I was a football manager in a previous life?"
Sorry to hear about your sister - I feel your pain.

That is superb!!!

Thanks for the reply and the best wishes, Pugwash, and the same to you and yours, and thanks for taking it in the spirit intended. I couldn't have hoped for a more uplifting reply.

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 21:17 - Mar 10 with 2376 viewsHAMRanger

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:26 - Mar 10 by Hayesender

QPR are showing solidarity with Gary Lineker by also refusing to appear on MOTD

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 21:21 - Mar 10 with 2316 viewsSonofpugwash

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 21:17 - Mar 10 by BrianMcCarthy

That is superb!!!

Thanks for the reply and the best wishes, Pugwash, and the same to you and yours, and thanks for taking it in the spirit intended. I couldn't have hoped for a more uplifting reply.

Thanks Brian.What doesn't destroy you makes you stronger.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 21:26 - Mar 10 with 2279 viewsDamo1962

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:41 - Mar 10 by BlackCrowe

BBC have now succeeded in uniting the country in it's disdain for the institution...an amazing feat. On borrowed time, which is fine by me as, apart from R4 at the weekend occasionally, The Apprentice and Robert Elms when i'm around at that time, I don't really watch or listen to it. Used to be properly excellent though.

It's a husk of it's former self. The way some of the Left say that the Tories at the BBC are behind all this...is frankly delusional. I doubt there is more Left wing Public Broadcaster out side Russia. Eh Comrades !
Login to get fewer ads

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 21:35 - Mar 10 with 2243 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 18:08 - Mar 10 by PlanetHonneywood

BBC internal disciplinary issue is the first item on the news!

I won’t call this ridiculousness and the BBC a joke, because a joke is funny and it and them are a farce.

Only thing of value that might come out of this, is just show the bloody football highlights and spare us the waffle.

Seems like I got my wish!

Expect the BBC to say: we’ve had loads of requests to keep the ‘footy only’ format and they’ll be a cull of pundits in due course.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 21:46 - Mar 10 with 2183 viewsloftboy

Been out working in a blizzard all day so have only just got on this thread, don’t agree with a lot of Linekers politics but then I have a different political view to my mrs as well, I would just like to say that my Mate had been called out in his capacity as an RAC roadside bloke to Linekers mansion in Sunningdlale a few times and has found him to be a more than decent human being, given him signed photos for his daughter and has always thanked him and been grateful for the work he had done.
I find some of the personal abuse he’s getting a bit strange really, would be a weird world if we all had the same political view.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 21:49 - Mar 10 with 2166 viewsCamberleyR

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:16 - Mar 10 by JamesB1979

He shouldn’t be removed from motd. I don’t really like the guy I admit but he can say what he likes. I do think people should really think twice before comparing anyone to a regime that murdered 6 million jews, gypsies and other people they didn’t like. It’s sensationalist nonsense. Stick to the facts and argue that way,

Can we just get this straight here, he did not directly compare the policy to Nazi Germany. What he said was:

"This is just an immeasurably cruel policy, directed at the most vulnerable people in language that is not dissimilar to that used by Germany in the 30s"

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 22:06 - Mar 10 with 2094 viewsnumptydumpty

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 21:01 - Mar 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Sorry to hear about your sister Brian.

People s religious beliefs are often best left personal to them.

Kind of a Buddhist type philosophy by Hoddle with his own strange slant on it.

But yes clearly said with no realisation or consideration for people enduring poor health or dying a difficult death due to disability.

Consequences of whacky beliefs were not thought out by Hoddle.

Hope you remember happier days with your sister.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 22:06 - Mar 10 with 2093 viewsLongsufferingR

No presenters tomorrow - RESULT!
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 22:08 - Mar 10 with 2065 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 22:06 - Mar 10 by numptydumpty

Sorry to hear about your sister Brian.

People s religious beliefs are often best left personal to them.

Kind of a Buddhist type philosophy by Hoddle with his own strange slant on it.

But yes clearly said with no realisation or consideration for people enduring poor health or dying a difficult death due to disability.

Consequences of whacky beliefs were not thought out by Hoddle.

Hope you remember happier days with your sister.

Thank you, Numpty. Much appreciated.

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 22:18 - Mar 10 with 2021 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Good. With the snide presenter and cr*p pundits gone I might watch for the first time in years.

BBC crazy to pay Lineker that salary when so many could do the job.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 22:35 - Mar 10 with 1949 viewsdaveB

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:52 - Mar 10 by Damo1962

His employment contract states he has to be impartial on political matters.-that is what the whole argument is about.That goes for everyone working for the Public Broadcaster...and funded by us. If he wants more freedom to espouse his opinions, he should leave and work in the private sector. I know if I was lucky enough to have his job...I would concentrate on that and keep my mouth shut on other things. As for Free speech, of course he is entitled like anyone else to his views... even if you do find it offensive. People just need to start being so sensitive to others people's views they disagree with - it is almost pathological nowadays.

If his contract said that he'd have been sacked years ago, he's not been sacked over this it's just a lot of noise to distract from the actual policy
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 22:38 - Mar 10 with 1924 viewsdaveB

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:43 - Mar 10 by Sonofpugwash

Glenn Hoddle got sacked for less.

Hardly, when you read what Lineker actually said it really wasn't anything to get angry about but we are now in a very mad world where the headlines about it using very different language is what has got people upset
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 22:40 - Mar 10 with 1918 viewsstevec

Punditry is so boring these days, I wouldn’t be surprised if MOTD gets its biggest viewing figures in years tomorrow.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 22:52 - Mar 10 with 1829 viewskensalriser

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 21:26 - Mar 10 by Damo1962

It's a husk of it's former self. The way some of the Left say that the Tories at the BBC are behind all this...is frankly delusional. I doubt there is more Left wing Public Broadcaster out side Russia. Eh Comrades !

Did you know that Russia hasn't been even nominally Soviet or communist for over 30 years and is now run by a far right dictator?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 22:52 - Mar 10 with 1827 viewsCiderwithRsie

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:42 - Mar 10 by BklynRanger

Everything gets blown out of proportion these days. We're a nation of fcuking drama queens, on both sides.

Lineker makes a tweet and it's front page news, 4 pages ramped up on here in the space of an hour, people talking semi coherent bollocks, getting all worked up about said former Spurs striker's views, attaching it to their own little portfolio of shyte.

An exhausting reflection of modern society.

If I'm not going to be allowed to talk semi-coherent bollocks then it's going to be a struggle. (TBH and ngl, as the kids say.)
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 22:54 - Mar 10 with 1821 viewsCiderwithRsie

I see there is now talk of players coming out in sympathy with Lineker.

As usual QPR are ahead of the trends, with our players having boycotted football for several months now.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 23:00 - Mar 10 with 1754 viewsWatfordR

Lineker is a freelance broadcaster for the BBC, not a permanent member of staff, and is not responsible for news or political content so does not need to adhere to the same rules on impartiality.

Carry on.....
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 23:12 - Mar 10 with 1677 viewsdigswellhoop

tell sky to shut up if you you dont agree get off social media this i only platform i do not interested in any media sitesDONT LIKE irmt dont dosocial media
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 23:13 - Mar 10 with 1653 viewsDamo1962

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 22:35 - Mar 10 by daveB

If his contract said that he'd have been sacked years ago, he's not been sacked over this it's just a lot of noise to distract from the actual policy

Maybe he has been warned, and this is his final warning. I know little about employment law, so will leave that to others.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 23:16 - Mar 10 with 1625 viewsDamo1962

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 22:52 - Mar 10 by kensalriser

Did you know that Russia hasn't been even nominally Soviet or communist for over 30 years and is now run by a far right dictator?

Yes. Next question?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024