Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lineker dropped from MOTD 16:54 - Mar 10 with 38009 viewsBushman

David Attenborough show kicked sideways to iPlayer

What times we live in

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:43 - Mar 10 with 2094 viewsSonofpugwash

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:41 - Mar 10 by daveB

Personally i don't really care if Lineker is a right wing jug eared cnt or a a left wing one, people shouldn't be forced out of their job for having an opinion against whichever party is in government whether you agree with them or not

If he said something grossly offensive he'd deserve the boot but this is all so pathetic

Glenn Hoddle got sacked for less.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:45 - Mar 10 with 2095 viewsPaddyhoops

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 18:38 - Mar 10 by Damo1962

The Left see everything,through the prism of their hatred for the English Tory Party... and those who have the temerity to vote for them.

Always find it odd that the name calling on this site generally tends to come from the those who are obviously not “left wing”
The people who are in agreement with Lineker are generally classed as the loony left or anti Tory which is a bit disingenuous.
I read the Gaurdian not as far left lunatic but as a fan of decent journalism.
There are lots of articles I don’t agree with . It’s called having a broad opinion.
Not a narrow one.
Last word on this now as it and has become toxic.. sadly.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:47 - Mar 10 with 2068 viewstraininvain

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:35 - Mar 10 by daveB

Bering a hypocrite isn's a sackable offence is it?

all 3 of them were on air speaking about human rights issues in Qatar on the show which was fine but they can't say anything on twitter about it. It's a farce

It’s interesting that the BBC were happy for Lineker and co to talk about human rights violations in Qatar on air but they’ve drawn the line the minute he criticised a controversial government policy from his personal Twitter account.

This should be cause for concern for everyone across the political spectrum. Sets a dangerous precedent imo.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:50 - Mar 10 with 2031 viewsClive_Anderson

I see my comment got deleted immediately, despite the usual cnts having free reign to endlessly repeat their opinions.

Nice one.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:52 - Mar 10 with 2015 viewsDamo1962

Personally i don't really care if Lineker is a right wing jug eared cnt or a a left wing one, people shouldn't be forced out of their job for having an opinion against whichever party is in government whether you agree with them or not

If he said something grossly offensive he'd deserve the boot but this is all so pathetic

His employment contract states he has to be impartial on political matters.-that is what the whole argument is about.That goes for everyone working for the Public Broadcaster...and funded by us. If he wants more freedom to espouse his opinions, he should leave and work in the private sector. I know if I was lucky enough to have his job...I would concentrate on that and keep my mouth shut on other things. As for Free speech, of course he is entitled like anyone else to his views... even if you do find it offensive. People just need to start being so sensitive to others people's views they disagree with - it is almost pathological nowadays.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:53 - Mar 10 with 2034 viewsNorthernr

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:42 - Mar 10 by Sonofpugwash

Could be the perfect excuse to get rid of him and save a few bob.

The main problem with Lineker has been, for some time, the salary he's drawing. When the BBC has budget pressures and is cutting things like local radio and World Service, which for me is exactly what a PSB should be providing, you shouldn't be paying that much to somebody to host football highlights when any number of other people could do it for less. Lineker cut his presenting teeth there, became a star, got himself into a position where he can (and does) earn a fortune presenting in the commercial arena, and really he should have gone off and done that permanently a long time ago. That's what PSB's do.

It's clearly been an uncomfortable fit and relationship for a while. Any organisation with any sense of PR sense about it would have done and said nothing about this this week. By next week the news cycle would have moved on. The end of the season is three months away, get together then, shake hands, go separate ways.

Now you've blown the whole thing up. You'd have to be a certifiable moron to host that show tomorrow night, or appear on it. You've got talent pulling out left right and centre. And you've made yourself look like a government puppet because you've stood firm when Maitlis/Sopel left and fingered Robbie Gibb, you've stood firm through the chairman's donations and loans, but not you've caved over this.

It's terrible optics. I can't believe they've been so utterly stupid.

Well, I can, because Tim Davie is in charge, but anyway...
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:55 - Mar 10 with 2030 viewswesty

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:42 - Mar 10 by Damo1962

You win the post of the thread Westy 🏅😆

Haha. Thank you. We live in hope
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:57 - Mar 10 with 2013 viewsSuperhoops2808

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:45 - Mar 10 by Paddyhoops

Always find it odd that the name calling on this site generally tends to come from the those who are obviously not “left wing”
The people who are in agreement with Lineker are generally classed as the loony left or anti Tory which is a bit disingenuous.
There are lots of articles I don’t agree with . It’s called having a broad opinion.
Not a narrow one.

Not only does the name calling start, but as you said the thread becomes toxic

Also, its interesting that some posters crawl out from under their rock when topics like this are raised
Login to get fewer ads

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:57 - Mar 10 with 2019 viewsNorthernr

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:50 - Mar 10 by Clive_Anderson

I see my comment got deleted immediately, despite the usual cnts having free reign to endlessly repeat their opinions.

Nice one.

1 - If you haven't read the thread, how do you know the usual cnts (nice, all QPR fans) are getting a free reign to endlessly repeat their opinions?

2 - Apart from the fact it was revolting and abusive, I cannot believe I need to explain this to an adult but you cannot call somebody a "nonse" without proof. You leave the site, the network and me open to all manner of potential problems.

3 - You know this, and did it anyway, because you knew I'd delete it, and then you get to pull this tiresome martyr act again.

4 - Do it again I'll delete your account.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:58 - Mar 10 with 1992 viewsClive_Anderson

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:43 - Mar 10 by Sonofpugwash

Glenn Hoddle got sacked for less.

People who spent years cheering on the cancellation of anyone who said the slightest thing against their agenda have completely changed their tune about cancel culture now one of their own has been caught red handed behaving like a total and utter tsspot.

It's mental watching their whole world view change suddenly.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:01 - Mar 10 with 1963 viewsClive_Anderson

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:57 - Mar 10 by Northernr

1 - If you haven't read the thread, how do you know the usual cnts (nice, all QPR fans) are getting a free reign to endlessly repeat their opinions?

2 - Apart from the fact it was revolting and abusive, I cannot believe I need to explain this to an adult but you cannot call somebody a "nonse" without proof. You leave the site, the network and me open to all manner of potential problems.

3 - You know this, and did it anyway, because you knew I'd delete it, and then you get to pull this tiresome martyr act again.

4 - Do it again I'll delete your account.

1) I read it after my comment.
2) No it wasn't and no I didn't say that either. What a load of made up bllcosks. What is the point of making that up exactly?
3) No I didn't what are you talking about?
4) Sure go for it.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:01 - Mar 10 with 1949 viewsDamo1962

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:45 - Mar 10 by Paddyhoops

Not a narrow one.

I think we all like to have a balanced view on these things, unfortunately it is those on the extremes of Left and Right who do not wish to engage. And I am not going to apologize, for thinking that the Left are the worse for this behaviour.. And I gave up reading papers years ago...prefer to think for myself. Of course if you enjoy them, I fully understand.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:03 - Mar 10 with 1934 viewsDamo1962

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:47 - Mar 10 by traininvain

It’s interesting that the BBC were happy for Lineker and co to talk about human rights violations in Qatar on air but they’ve drawn the line the minute he criticised a controversial government policy from his personal Twitter account.

This should be cause for concern for everyone across the political spectrum. Sets a dangerous precedent imo.

Never watched any of the WC... so didn't see that. Time to defund the BBC as well.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 20:09]
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:05 - Mar 10 with 1950 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:21 - Mar 10 by Sonofpugwash

"I have informed the BBC that I won’t be appearing on MOTD tomorrow night." Alan Shearer just tweeted.

I see this as more of a positive outcome!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:08 - Mar 10 with 1899 viewsDamo1962

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:57 - Mar 10 by Superhoops2808

Not only does the name calling start, but as you said the thread becomes toxic

Also, its interesting that some posters crawl out from under their rock when topics like this are raised

Haven't seen you for a while on here. Could be wrong of course - but then admitting I'm wrong is one of my virtues 😇
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:11 - Mar 10 with 1872 viewsDamo1962

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:05 - Mar 10 by PlanetHonneywood

I see this as more of a positive outcome!

There is a God👃
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:16 - Mar 10 with 1882 viewsJamesB1979

He shouldn’t be removed from motd. I don’t really like the guy I admit but he can say what he likes. I do think people should really think twice before comparing anyone to a regime that murdered 6 million jews, gypsies and other people they didn’t like. It’s sensationalist nonsense. Stick to the facts and argue that way,
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:18 - Mar 10 with 1875 viewsLanhoop

Whether you think he was right or wrong the likes of Lineker making any comment on this was always going to be an excuse for the nasty party to use it as a diversion from what they were doing.

The BBC being complicit in this is very disappointing but only to be expected from the conservative donors at the top of the beeb chasing their knighthoods and so on.

Something needs to change in this country and soon.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:21 - Mar 10 with 1861 viewsnumptydumpty

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 19:12 - Mar 10 by aston_hoop

Has a few accounts on here by the looks of things

In reply to what's David Icke up to tomorrow night.

Post of the Week Prize !!!! 🤣 🤣

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:26 - Mar 10 with 1828 viewsHayesender

QPR are showing solidarity with Gary Lineker by also refusing to appear on MOTD

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:27 - Mar 10 with 1828 viewsJamesB1979

I do think what he said was offensive though. You can’t just throw out Nazis in the 30s as a comment. To compare the 2 is belittling one of them. Everyone knows or can read about what the Nazis did in those times. He should still be allowed to say it though and should 100% be still in his job.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:41 - Mar 10 with 1743 viewsBlackCrowe

BBC have now succeeded in uniting the country in it's disdain for the institution...an amazing feat. On borrowed time, which is fine by me as, apart from R4 at the weekend occasionally, The Apprentice and Robert Elms when i'm around at that time, I don't really watch or listen to it. Used to be properly excellent though.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:42 - Mar 10 with 1735 viewsBklynRanger

Everything gets blown out of proportion these days. We're a nation of fcuking drama queens, on both sides.

Lineker makes a tweet and it's front page news, 4 pages ramped up on here in the space of an hour, people talking semi coherent bollocks, getting all worked up about said former Spurs striker's views, attaching it to their own little portfolio of shyte.

An exhausting reflection of modern society.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:57 - Mar 10 with 1657 viewsSuperhoops2808

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 20:26 - Mar 10 by Hayesender

QPR are showing solidarity with Gary Lineker by also refusing to appear on MOTD

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 21:00 - Mar 10 with 1632 viewsSonofpugwash

I never watch/listen to the BBC.
It died when they axed The Woodentops.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024