Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
new stadium 22:43 - Mar 13 with 28136 viewsdigswellhoop

if Linford cristie stadium not an option do a spurs buy all properties around stadium
new stadium on 22:51 - Mar 13 with 9627 viewsdaveB

where are they going to find the 20/30 million that would cost
new stadium on 23:45 - Mar 13 with 9458 viewsBoston

That opportunity (well the School End), was not taken up on the 1970's. There have been numerous threads on this subject diggsy, it's generally accepted that your thoughts are unobtainable.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

new stadium on 07:36 - Mar 14 with 9211 viewsWokingR

new stadium on 22:51 - Mar 13 by daveB

where are they going to find the 20/30 million that would cost

Liverpool were able to do it because the whole street only cost them £30.
Starting prices in Ellerslie Road are £1.5million per property and you would have to pay well over that to tempt sellers, so the cost would be astronomical.
new stadium on 08:13 - Mar 14 with 9096 viewswombat

new stadium on 07:36 - Mar 14 by WokingR

Starting prices in Ellerslie Road are £1.5million per property and you would have to pay well over that to tempt sellers, so the cost would be astronomical.

the only thing nears the LC is the hospital and that would cost a tad more tha 30 million to buy , could always buy the prision i suppose !

Ls is never gonna happen if we thought we had problems with warren farm if will be nothing compared to the crap we would get trying to build a stadium on the LC
local residents

gov land
hospital next to it

aint gonna happen in anyway shape or fomr in my lifetime

Poll: which is your favouite foot

new stadium on 11:03 - Mar 14 with 8845 viewsSonofpugwash

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/w12/ellerslie-road.html

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

new stadium on 11:06 - Mar 14 with 8838 viewsBlue_Castello

new stadium on 11:03 - Mar 14 by Sonofpugwash

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/w12/ellerslie-road.html

That made me smile I was just about to post exactly the same thing, I reckon Davebs estimate of £20 to £30 million could be quite conservative, definitely if you count the houses at the Loft End.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 11:18]
new stadium on 11:09 - Mar 14 with 8810 viewscolinallcars

new stadium on 07:36 - Mar 14 by WokingR

Not many people realise how far north the great storm of 1987 reached.
It swept through Liverpool causing millions of pounds worth of improvements.
new stadium on 11:19 - Mar 14 with 8788 viewsSonofpugwash

new stadium on 11:06 - Mar 14 by Blue_Castello

That made me smile I was just about to post exactly the same thing, I reckon Davebs estimate of £20 to £30 million could be quite conservative, definitely if you count the houses at the Loft End.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 11:18]

Very conservative.Lots of leasehold properties,who owns the freehold?
Maybe you could get a deal with the holding company(if only one)...nudge nudge...

Login to get fewer ads

new stadium on 11:23 - Mar 14 with 8766 viewsJuzzie

Don't think of the Ellerslie Road/Loftus Road properties as houses. They're hundreds of flats and therefore you'd be dealing with hundreds of leaseholders plus the freeholders (if different) too.

Non starter.
new stadium on 11:26 - Mar 14 with 8742 viewsflynnbo

new stadium on 11:23 - Mar 14 by Juzzie

Don't think of the Ellerslie Road/Loftus Road properties as houses. They're hundreds of flats and therefore you'd be dealing with hundreds of leaseholders plus the freeholders (if different) too.

Non starter.

Not forgetting the skylarks and newts.
new stadium on 11:30 - Mar 14 with 8726 viewsSonofpugwash

And there will always be one arseole who refuses to budge because they've been there since the last Ice Age.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 11:32]

new stadium on 11:38 - Mar 14 with 8695 viewswombat

new stadium on 11:30 - Mar 14 by Sonofpugwash

And there will always be one arseole who refuses to budge because they've been there since the last Ice Age.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 11:32]

hopefully fans get there head around us not moving any time soon well not in the same borough , we had plnety of chnces we blew every one of them . if will be this boards legacy we wanted a new stadium but didnt stick our hands in our pockets at the right time ..

Poll: which is your favouite foot

new stadium on 11:51 - Mar 14 with 8603 viewsactonman

Even if the houses were given to us for free , I’m sure Hammersmith and Fulham council would be in full favour of us knocking down 50 or 60 Victorian town houses in a residential area to accommodate a bigger football stadium
new stadium on 11:53 - Mar 14 with 8572 viewsW7Ranger

Not sure if this has been suggested before but....

Could we not just dig down?

new stadium on 11:57 - Mar 14 with 8539 viewsSuffolkHoop

Say what you like about the board but we're getting a nice new training ground.
new stadium on 11:58 - Mar 14 with 8529 viewsClive_Anderson

Is the Linford Christie stadium not an option then? Didn't the hospital close their A&E there recently?
new stadium on 11:59 - Mar 14 with 8531 viewsSuffolkHoop

new stadium on 11:58 - Mar 14 by Clive_Anderson

Is the Linford Christie stadium not an option then? Didn't the hospital close their A&E there recently?

Closing A&E is a simple solution to A&E being too busy and underfunded it seems.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 12:00]
new stadium on 12:03 - Mar 14 with 8493 viewsClive_Anderson

new stadium on 11:59 - Mar 14 by SuffolkHoop

Closing A&E is a simple solution to A&E being too busy and underfunded it seems.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 12:00]

Well yes, but I thought the main non-starter with the LCS was the fact that match traffic would impede ambulances going to the A&E, so we'd never get permission for a ground there.
new stadium on 12:06 - Mar 14 with 8489 viewsthemodfather

the council did little to stop white city stadium and bbc centre being knocked down, redeveloped , 1000s of empty flats will sit for years as land banked .
new stadium on 12:12 - Mar 14 with 8460 viewsPBLOCK

I remember when Briatore had bought the club one if the free papers you used to get in the morning London Lite maybe had a mock up up of QPR’s planned new stadium

That must be 15 odd years back
new stadium on 12:17 - Mar 14 with 8395 viewsBoston

I've wondered why any proposed 'alteration' is always geared toward the Ellerslie. Wouldn't a move onto the White City Estate be an option? Tear down flats approaching a hundred years of age and then the council build new high rises on Loftus Rd.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 13:39]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

new stadium on 12:25 - Mar 14 with 8393 viewsDavieQPR

Friends of Wormwood Scrubs have issued a document outlining plans to relay the running track, build new changing rooms, toilets and a cafe. They are also considering a swimming pool.
Their last published accounts showed they had £1606 in the bank. Nothing else. Donations were just over £500. The money from HS2 is earmarked for something else.
new stadium on 13:28 - Mar 14 with 8201 viewsRs_Holy

time to resurrect the Michael Drain design IMHO!... I really like it although I think a double decker arrangements of executive boxes on the Ellerslie road side (as opposed to the triple decker shown) would work better?

https://www.michaeldrain.com/project/qpr-stadium-loftus-road#3
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 13:32]
new stadium on 13:37 - Mar 14 with 8167 viewsClive_Anderson

new stadium on 12:25 - Mar 14 by DavieQPR

Friends of Wormwood Scrubs have issued a document outlining plans to relay the running track, build new changing rooms, toilets and a cafe. They are also considering a swimming pool.
Their last published accounts showed they had £1606 in the bank. Nothing else. Donations were just over £500. The money from HS2 is earmarked for something else.

I reckon there's enough room for a new stadium for us and also a running track with a small stadium turned 90 degrees tacked on the side, we could even offer to build it for them. Could be a win win.

Would have to buy the football pitches at the side as well though.
new stadium on 13:38 - Mar 14 with 8166 viewsLazyFan

LC Stadium is looking like it's blocked again.

Despite what the council say (as they have to say it for votes), I suspect they really want shot of us. They have Westfield and I bet they would love to block off the Green from traffic and turn it into some sort of trendy area instead, rather than pound, gambling and chicken shops. This explains the club's frustration with them.

They don't really want us and probably think they are fine with 2 clubs who are in the Prem anyway. Also, we are a risk to the politicos, if we go bust they have to deal with all the fallout of fans ringing them up and hassling them. Too much agro when they have easy richer prem clubs to deal with.

Of course, it's the council's job not to sell off the land on the cheap, pennies for graveyards as the Tories in Westminster did, but really they have done little to try and make it happen.

It's time to accept we need to vacate Hammersmith and Fulham (I live here too). When that does happen make sure they FEEL it by selling the land to the Travellers near the motorway ...

"you want some green land to put pitches on? no problem we have the perfect site for you, just down the road. Also, the locals will be happy to get rid of us fans as we are noisy and mess up the place so, don't worry about being accepted."

After all, why should they live in polluted areas? Care in the community and all that ;p

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024