Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season 1992/93 08:26 - Apr 3 with 2674 viewsThe_Beast1976

30 years ago we were heading for a top 6 finish in the top flight, whilst Brentford were heading towards relegation to what is now League 1 (and a few years later were relefated again to what is now League 2).

30 years on and it looks like we've pretty much done a straight swap of our respective places.

If you'd have said that to me 30 years ago I'd have laughed. Just shows the depth of mismanagement at our place during those 30 years, and it all starts and ends with one common denominator - Les Ferdinand (his sale started it, and his recruitment as DOF is ending it).

Sad times.
Season 1992/93 on 09:12 - Apr 3 with 2576 viewsdaveB

I know Les Ferdinand is a bit of a target at the moment and should probably go but to blame him for the last 30 years is a bit over the top
Season 1992/93 on 11:02 - Apr 3 with 2446 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Ultimately, the ones to blame are the ones who bought us as a Premier League club in 2011. They're the ones who've consistently got everything wrong. The lesson learnt from comparing us with 30 years ago is that a good player does not necessarily make a good DoF, but that's something a competent owner would already know.
Season 1992/93 on 12:08 - Apr 3 with 2402 viewsBluce_Ree

It's the curse. Always has been.

Kevin Gallen could suddenly inherit billions, employ Pep Guardiola as manager, build a squad of talented, hungry players and we'd still end up with piss in our faces.

It doesn't matter what we do, it'll always fail.

Take 2014. We go up in the Play Offs. Great. Chelsea win f**k all. Cardiff and Fulham go down.

2015. We go down like c*nts. Breaking records on the way. Chelsea win the league.

F*ck this shit.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Season 1992/93 on 20:09 - Apr 3 with 2260 viewsThe_Beast1976

Season 1992/93 on 12:08 - Apr 3 by Bluce_Ree

It's the curse. Always has been.

Kevin Gallen could suddenly inherit billions, employ Pep Guardiola as manager, build a squad of talented, hungry players and we'd still end up with piss in our faces.

It doesn't matter what we do, it'll always fail.

Take 2014. We go up in the Play Offs. Great. Chelsea win f**k all. Cardiff and Fulham go down.

2015. We go down like c*nts. Breaking records on the way. Chelsea win the league.

F*ck this shit.

The Curse indeed. Still, beats being Ch****a
Season 1992/93 on 16:30 - Apr 5 with 2044 viewsdaveB

The 92/93 team will be on the pitch on Friday including Gerry Francis, Andy Sinton, Danny Maddix, Clive Wilson and Les Ferdinand

Not great timing to have Les on the pitch

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/returning-rangers-30-years-on-050423/
Season 1992/93 on 16:51 - Apr 5 with 2013 viewsstowmarketrange

Season 1992/93 on 11:02 - Apr 3 by Wegerles_Stairs

Ultimately, the ones to blame are the ones who bought us as a Premier League club in 2011. They're the ones who've consistently got everything wrong. The lesson learnt from comparing us with 30 years ago is that a good player does not necessarily make a good DoF, but that's something a competent owner would already know.

Would we be in a better position if tango and cash hadn’t sold at the last minute?Or if they’d sold earlier so that Neil could’ve got his squad organised better instead of the panic buying that happened at the last minute?
It’s all ifs and buts,and none of those mistakes can be changed now,but it might’ve all turned out differently in so many different ways if those choices were changed.
Season 1992/93 on 17:27 - Apr 5 with 1961 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The season that got me hooked
Season 1992/93 on 17:59 - Apr 5 with 1918 viewsPinnerPaul

Season 1992/93 on 16:30 - Apr 5 by daveB

The 92/93 team will be on the pitch on Friday including Gerry Francis, Andy Sinton, Danny Maddix, Clive Wilson and Les Ferdinand

I was thinking that - its football though, if we're winning, everyone will be happy.
Login to get fewer ads

Season 1992/93 on 18:51 - Apr 5 with 1862 viewsNoDiddley

Season 1992/93 on 16:30 - Apr 5 by daveB

Wheeling out the 92/93 lot at HT I only hope we’re not 2 or 3 down, Sir Les will get some & the others will be thinking WTF.
Season 1992/93 on 18:58 - Apr 5 with 1844 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Season 1992/93 on 18:51 - Apr 5 by NoDiddley

Wheeling out the 92/93 lot at HT I only hope we’re not 2 or 3 down, Sir Les will get some & the others will be thinking WTF.

If anyone gives Ferdinand grief for his current performance as DoF during a celebration of one of our best ever teams and in front of his ex-teammates - heroes of ours - I think a lot of new fans and old players would be well entitled to leave the stadium and wonder why they should ever return.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Season 1992/93 on 19:02 - Apr 5 with 1833 viewsNoDiddley

Season 1992/93 on 18:58 - Apr 5 by BrianMcCarthy

If anyone gives Ferdinand grief for his current performance as DoF during a celebration of one of our best ever teams and in front of his ex-teammates - heroes of ours - I think a lot of new fans and old players would be well entitled to leave the stadium and wonder why they should ever return.

Brian I’m there every game you won’t believe some of the morons around me.
It could happen.
Season 1992/93 on 19:13 - Apr 5 with 1805 viewsstevec

Season 1992/93 on 16:51 - Apr 5 by stowmarketrange

Would we be in a better position if tango and cash hadn’t sold at the last minute?Or if they’d sold earlier so that Neil could’ve got his squad organised better instead of the panic buying that happened at the last minute?
It’s all ifs and buts,and none of those mistakes can be changed now,but it might’ve all turned out differently in so many different ways if those choices were changed.

Would it have been better if Tango and Cash hadn’t sold at all?

I know they weren’t popular but those four years were an awful lot of fun. And despite the tribulations you sensed the downs would eventually be superseded by ups, which was the case. You never sense that now. The whole thing was far more dynamic.

Whoever said we only function with managers who are characters, I think the truth is we only function with owners who are out and out rascals.
Season 1992/93 on 19:22 - Apr 5 with 1784 viewsPunteR

It's an odd scenario. Current DoF walking onto the pitch to celebrate how great QPR were 30 years ago whilst this current team is sinking like a stone under his watch.
There will be a section of fans giving grief especially if we're losing. He will know that too I'm sure.
I reckon the majority will just try and enjoy the moment for what it's worth.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Season 1992/93 on 19:23 - Apr 5 with 1778 viewsWegerles_Stairs

He needs to let his players know. If we're two-down at half-time (the second in added-on time), he'll be getting the bird.
Season 1992/93 on 21:44 - Apr 5 with 1694 viewsdaveB

you are right of course but if we're losing it's an ideal opportunity for people to make their feelings known, I mean it's another problem we are creating for ourselves here
Season 1992/93 on 21:52 - Apr 5 with 1673 viewsthame_hoops

I remember when we finished 5th and the following year, the club shop sold a flag that said “top London club’
Season 1992/93 on 01:54 - Apr 6 with 1583 viewslave16

Season 1992/93 on 21:52 - Apr 5 by thame_hoops

I remember when we finished 5th and the following year, the club shop sold a flag that said “top London club’

28 years ago I listened to QPR being relegated on the wireless ( a radio for the young bucks reading) while fencing the bottom of a mountain - the posts are now rotten and the fence in a state - . Given he was sold and the money from his transfer well spent on Marvelous Mark Hately and Ned the egg zelic...can I blame Les for my fence being rotten and needing replaced?

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Season 1992/93 on 12:53 - Apr 6 with 1431 viewsPinnerPaul

Could easily happen along with

"Sack The Board"
"We're the greatest football team the world has ever seen" and of course chanting the names of Sinclair and Albert every time they warm up.

Yep, like everyone else, I AM very grumpy at the moment with all things QPR related!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024