Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? 20:01 - Apr 14 with 3832 viewsLogman

Mine are:

Walking through Wimbledon one Saturday morning humming 'Moving on Up' to myself I popped into Yates Wine Bar for a piss and as I walked through the entrance door the music on the loudspeakers was none other than M People urging me to 'move on up' to the gents.

Then last year at work one lunchtime I was writing a message to my Sunday football team telling then we were playing in Barnes on Sunday when I looked at the Kent CCC match I was streaming and just as I looked at the screen the bowler running into bowl had the name Barnes on his back.

What are the biggest coincidences you've every experienced ?
[Post edited 14 Apr 2023 20:04]
What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 20:16 - Apr 14 with 3765 viewsbosh67

I was about to put this very same thread up!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 20:18 - Apr 14 with 3756 viewsdavman

What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 20:16 - Apr 14 by bosh67

Top work, bosh!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 20:28 - Apr 14 with 3724 viewsCateLeBonR

I’m not sure of the biggest but I was reading the Phil Collins thread earlier at work and guess what came on the Radio?….. Kate Bush!

No not really. Phil Collins - Something in the air tonight. It was on ABC - Oldies, an all-time oldies radio station I quite like so perhaps not that outlandish but he doesn’t get played that much on there, so it was a bit random.

I rank coincidences along with deja vu and dreams about places that you later visit. Unexplainable things that I find very interesting and actually quite nice.
What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 20:37 - Apr 14 with 3688 viewsdigswellhoop

being a qpr supporter for 64 rears for most ground hog day
What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 21:02 - Apr 14 with 3628 viewsqpr_1968

i was born on the same day as my birthday.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 21:03 - Apr 14 with 3618 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 20:16 - Apr 14 by bosh67

Quality.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 21:26 - Apr 14 with 3544 viewsBucksRanger

This relates to an ultra-vivid dream I had on 3rd January 1975. The night before QPR played Southend in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. Drew 2-2.

I was 24 years old back then and probably drank more than was good for me most weekends. I went to bed on the night of 3rd January 1975, the worse for wear. That night I dreamed I was at a horse race and had a very memorable dream containing so much detail. It was in colour too.

I saw a horse called Gwent win a race. I knew what race I was at (long since forgotton), the colours of the jockey, the number on the horse, everything. Everything but the winning price on the horse. I'd woken up before that detail.

On my way to see Southend v Rangers, I picked up a newspaper and couldn't believe it but there was the horse in exactly the race I had dreamed about.

I caught the train and met up with a friend at a town closer to Southend. I told him of my dream and I'm sure he thought I was mad as I never had any real interest in horses and betting. Anyway, we found a bookies and I put whatever meagre amount I had on me on Gwent. To win.

We went off to the football and thought no more of it until I returned to his town (the name of which l I've forgotten) and walked past the bookies. I told him I was going to get my winnings.

And that's what I did. Joint favourite at 5/2 from memory. Nothing special that's for sure. Anyway, I didn't win much but looked forward to the next time a dream gave me a glimpse into the future.

Trouble is, it's never has. C'est la vie.

My biggest coincidence. My smallest reward.
What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 21:40 - Apr 14 with 3494 viewsdezzar

What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 21:26 - Apr 14 by BucksRanger

This relates to an ultra-vivid dream I had on 3rd January 1975. The night before QPR played Southend in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. Drew 2-2.

I was 24 years old back then and probably drank more than was good for me most weekends. I went to bed on the night of 3rd January 1975, the worse for wear. That night I dreamed I was at a horse race and had a very memorable dream containing so much detail. It was in colour too.

I saw a horse called Gwent win a race. I knew what race I was at (long since forgotton), the colours of the jockey, the number on the horse, everything. Everything but the winning price on the horse. I'd woken up before that detail.

On my way to see Southend v Rangers, I picked up a newspaper and couldn't believe it but there was the horse in exactly the race I had dreamed about.

I caught the train and met up with a friend at a town closer to Southend. I told him of my dream and I'm sure he thought I was mad as I never had any real interest in horses and betting. Anyway, we found a bookies and I put whatever meagre amount I had on me on Gwent. To win.

We went off to the football and thought no more of it until I returned to his town (the name of which l I've forgotten) and walked past the bookies. I told him I was going to get my winnings.

And that's what I did. Joint favourite at 5/2 from memory. Nothing special that's for sure. Anyway, I didn't win much but looked forward to the next time a dream gave me a glimpse into the future.

That’s a coincidence I was at that game
Login to get fewer ads

What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 21:47 - Apr 14 with 3461 viewsBucksRanger

What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 21:40 - Apr 14 by dezzar

Yes, the game was more exciting than my horse dream.
What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 22:21 - Apr 14 with 3392 viewsRanger_1969

What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 21:26 - Apr 14 by BucksRanger

Talking of dreams - and coincidences. When I was about 15 I had a dream about a girl called Suzy Davis (I knew nobody by this name in real life). She was Australian and had long dark hair. I won't go into detail about the dream - I'll leave that to your imagination....

A few months later, we had a new Maths teacher arrive at our school. She was Australian, had long dark hair and her name......was Miss S Davis....!
What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 22:28 - Apr 14 with 3368 viewsqpr_1968

What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 22:21 - Apr 14 by Ranger_1969

Talking of dreams - and coincidences. When I was about 15 I had a dream about a girl called Suzy Davis (I knew nobody by this name in real life). She was Australian and had long dark hair. I won't go into detail about the dream - I'll leave that to your imagination....

A few months later, we had a new Maths teacher arrive at our school. She was Australian, had long dark hair and her name......was Miss S Davis....!

lovely story...

the year in your username did'nt have anything to do with your dream did it mate.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 22:38 - Apr 14 with 3337 viewsRanger_1969

What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 22:28 - Apr 14 by qpr_1968

lovely story...

the year in your username did'nt have anything to do with your dream did it mate.

Good to see you using your imagination!
What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 01:47 - Apr 15 with 3163 viewsBoston

What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 21:40 - Apr 14 by dezzar

Me too. There was a good turn out of old farts that day.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 05:59 - Apr 15 with 3058 viewsBushRanger82

Well, going to a QPR game and expecting it to be mega-crap, and lo and behold!
What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 06:42 - Apr 15 with 3036 viewsdixiedean

Me too . Didn’t Gillard score both goals?
What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 08:00 - Apr 15 with 2930 viewscyprusmel

In my youth I attended at the Camden College of Technology for a course on Typesetting, my class was small only about twelve students.

Some years later I was at a world cup match at Wembley with a crowd of around 95,000 and standing behind me was a lad from my Camden class.

A year or so later I and two car loads of friends went to Dorset for the Easter weekend, we found a pub in the middle of nowhere by following a farm track to the sea, The pub was called the Picnic Inn, I walked in and there sitting at the bar was another ex class mate from Camden.

On my way to Luton airport with a friend en route to Lorette de Mar in Spain the car we were travelling in was involved in a motorway crash which meant we missed our flight and had to wait for another.
When we arrived in Spain we found the hotel we were booked into had let our rooms so we were sent off to a sister hotel.
We met some Scots lads there and had a great time, we never kept in touch.
The following year I went back to Spain back to Lorrette de Mar the same hotel as before and there they all were sitting up at the bar as though we had never left.
What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 08:40 - Apr 15 with 2865 viewsEsox_Lucius

I went to Kos with the ex back in the 80's and we had a European tourist visa or whatever it was called instead of passports. These were purchased in the Post Office in West Drayton a few months in advance.
After the flight we were transferred on to a coach taking us to our respective hotels; arriving at ours we were informed that it wasn't ready yet so would we mind moving to a better one on a different resort, which we agreed to.
Standing at the concierge desk at the new hotel behind another couple who also had the tourist visas. I remarked how handy they were and the guy said yes, we got ours from our local PO in West Drayton. Upon further inspection they had the next two consecutive numbers to ours so must have been bought at almost the same time.

The grass is always greener.

What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 10:53 - Apr 15 with 2707 viewsdmm

Years ago I was booked to speak at a seminar. I arrived only to be greeted with seriously puzzled looks from the organisers. The person they thought they'd booked was a black guy with the same name who covered the same subject. I'm a white guy.

As it happened I knew the black guy and we had floated the idea of doing a double act but never got around to it.
What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 11:25 - Apr 15 with 2656 viewsQPRSteve

When I was 18, I went on a week's school camping trip to St Valery en Caux in France. There was a girl that lived In my street that I really fancied but didn't know.

Anyway, on the day of the trip I saw the girl leave her house and walk to the same tube as me. She was also on the same train to Newhaven and then on the ferry to Dieppe. During the week we spent a day in Rouen and who did I see? Yep, her. Coming back to England she was on the same ferry, train and tube train.

She moved house a couple of weeks later and I never saw her again. Must have thought I was stalking her!
What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 11:38 - Apr 15 with 2615 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 11:49 - Apr 15 with 2601 viewspaulparker

Both involve my ex wife

Got married in Barbados and got pally with a couple from Blackburn anyway a few months later we are out for a random night in convent garden and who should stroll past us , the same couple from Blackburn ,

The second one involves a few years before I married my ex
I was on a company training course in Wycombe and was staying over night , was bored in the evening so went to the bar as you do and got chatting to a couple of lads from Exeter who were from a different company , had a few beers and a game of pool and that was that
Anyway I’m out with my then wife and she introduces me to her best mate and partner and lo and behold it’s the same fella I was playing pool with in the hotel a couple of years before

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 12:08 - Apr 15 with 2562 viewsDavieQPR

Jesus being born on Christmas day and dying at Easter.
What is the biggest coincidence you've ever experienced ? on 14:24 - Apr 15 with 2431 viewsSimonJames

Last week I got up from my desk to have a stretch, and as I looked out the window, a car I sold 12 years ago, drove past.
(I've probably had about twenty cars over the past 40 years, but never seen one again after selling it).

100% of people who drink water will die.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024