Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Released/Retained list 15:45 - May 11 with 22943 viewsaston_hoop

Pick through this and make sense of it

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/retained-list-100523/

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Released/Retained list on 15:50 - May 11 with 7932 viewsMonkey_Roots

As expected I guess.

Chris Martin negotiating is a bit of a concern.

No mention of what's happening with Albert or Stefan, but I guess they wouldn't be on the 'released' press release. Maybe on the 'taken down the back of the garden and shot release'?
Released/Retained list on 15:52 - May 11 with 7888 viewsridethewave

What most impressed and excited me from this is that we are actively in discussions with Chris Martin about his future here. Exactly the player we need/want and a clear indication of the way GA wants to transition to a more flare/footballing side with less aimless hoofing next season.

Plenty to look forward to!
Released/Retained list on 15:52 - May 11 with 7882 viewsMaggsinho

Released/Retained list on 15:50 - May 11 by Monkey_Roots

As expected I guess.

Chris Martin negotiating is a bit of a concern.

No mention of what's happening with Albert or Stefan, but I guess they wouldn't be on the 'released' press release. Maybe on the 'taken down the back of the garden and shot release'?

They’ve both got another year left on their contracts so would be in the released list.

No great surprises there, shame it didn’t work out for Amos, I liked him when fit and on form
Released/Retained list on 15:54 - May 11 with 7853 viewsCammington

Chris Martin - Sorry, what?

Alarm bells well and truly ringing
Released/Retained list on 15:58 - May 11 with 7799 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Released/Retained list on 15:58 - May 11 with 7797 viewsNorthernr

Balogun based here for pre-season while he recovers from injury feels very much like he's getting another year if they're satisfied that's cleared up too.
Released/Retained list on 15:59 - May 11 with 7787 viewsE17hoop

Released/Retained list on 15:52 - May 11 by Maggsinho

They’ve both got another year left on their contracts so would be in the released list.

No great surprises there, shame it didn’t work out for Amos, I liked him when fit and on form

Same with Masterson - surprised we kept Gubbins for him.

Quite a few gone from this list:

NAHarry Halwax (G)
1Timothy Dieng (G)
13Jordan Archer (G)
38Murphy Mahoney (G)
NAThenisoklis Kafalas (D)
3Jimmy Dunne (D)
4Rob Dickie (D)
5Jake Clarke-Salter (D)
16Niko Hamalainen (D)
22Kenneth Paal (D)
26Leon Balogun (D)
27Ethan Laird (D)
28Joseph Gubbins (D)
41Aaron Drewe (D)
NAFaysal Bettache (M)
2Osman Kakay (M)
6Stefan Johansen (M)
8Luke Amos (M)
10Ilias Chair (M)
11Tyler Roberts (M)
15Sam Field (M)
17Andre Dozzell (M)
19Elijah Dixon-Bonner (M)
20Taylor Richards (M)
24Charlie Owens (M)
27Dillon De Silva (M)
30Amrit Bansal-McNulty (M)
37Albert Adomah (M)
47Tim Iroegbunam (M)
48Alexander Aoraha (M)
7Chris Willock (F)
9Lyndon Dykes (F)
14Chris Martin (F)
18Jamal Lowe (F)
30Sinclair Armstrong (F)

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Released/Retained list on 16:00 - May 11 with 7754 viewsLazyFan

From that list:

Luke Amos - Was too injury prone and he must have known in the last game. A L1 promoted club will pick him up, he should be okay.
Leon Balogun - Finished, no one will touch him ... well maybe Wrexham beckons.
Olamide Shodipo - Should get a L1 club to come in for him so, he will be okay. Should have been let go years ago.
Conor Masterson - Gills want him so, good luck, never got a real chance here.
Charlie Owens - Who? Should have let go years ago.
Ody Alfa - Obviously they feel he won't make it, shame as he looked good. I hope he gets an L1 club.

Chris Martin - WTF, we must be offering nothing, I hope so.
Jordan Archer - WTF, why buy Walsh if you won't even make him #2.
Elijah Dixon-Bonner - They must feel he is a prospect.
Aaron Drewe - Yeah we need RB backups as we have seen.
Stephen Duke-McKenna - WTF, not impressed at Orient. Unless he stays for nothing and will actually get trialled out, then there is no point.

1 year optioned:
Chris Willock - Bidding starts Monday!
Joe Gubbins - Must be better than Masterson otherwise what's the point?
Charlie Kelman - Fair enough as he may still come good.

Loans return:
Tim Iroegbunam - Would loan him again as he's had a year now he may be used to it.
Ethan Laird - Expensive loan I think we cannot afford.
Jamal Lowe - Contract expires soon; maybe get him on a free for reduced wages. Unlikely though. I expect to see him at Cardiff next season.
Tyler Roberts - Twice thee has been sent back now, away wiv thee.

Taylor Richards - First signing of the season it seems. Injury prone and cost money. Proper QPR signing this one. I expect him to play the first two games and then not be seen until October for a brief sub appearance until mid-Jan. Then first week of Feb is not seen again.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Released/Retained list on 16:02 - May 11 with 7736 viewsaston_hoop

Masterson has immediately signed for Gillinham.

I'll be honest, none of the contract renewals make any sense other than to tell me what we already knew that finances will be tight and we need all the bodies we can get around the club

Released/Retained list on 16:02 - May 11 with 7732 viewsNorthantsHoop

I always thought Masterson got a bit of a rough deal. Taylor Richards well who knows if they will ever find him to actually see if he is any good.
Released/Retained list on 16:04 - May 11 with 7684 viewsNorthernr

Released/Retained list on 16:02 - May 11 by NorthantsHoop

I always thought Masterson got a bit of a rough deal. Taylor Richards well who knows if they will ever find him to actually see if he is any good.

A three year contract as well, so plenty of time to find out. At his current rate that'll be enough for three starting appearances.
Released/Retained list on 16:06 - May 11 with 7641 viewsaston_hoop

What do we actually plan to do with Richards? He's mostly an attacking midfielder who needs to play at the top of a midfield 3 usually. He isn't going to play centrally in a 2 and he isn't a winger?

Obviously contingent on him ever being available.

Released/Retained list on 16:09 - May 11 with 7585 viewsMaggsinho

Gillingham have already announced the permanent signing of Masterson so good luck to him
Released/Retained list on 16:10 - May 11 with 7575 viewsToast_R

Shame about Amos. had high hopes for him but the injuries have ruined him.
Released/Retained list on 16:17 - May 11 with 7458 viewsHayesender

So how much of what we can't afford has Richards cost?

There should be some sackings for this deal alone

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Released/Retained list on 16:17 - May 11 with 7448 viewsE15Hoop

Released/Retained list on 15:54 - May 11 by Cammington

Chris Martin - Sorry, what?

Alarm bells well and truly ringing

Why? He was on the end of the majority of chances we created in the last game, albeit he didn't score. Worked with Sinclair Armstrong on his positioning in the Burnley game, and scored the all-important winner. Was made captain in what GA clearly felt was a vacuum, and impressed with his honesty and leadership skills.
I don't think anyone is suggesting he'll benefit from balls being played in front of him to run on to, but he can clearly still get on the end of crosses and corners.
We've already seen glimpses of an Armstrong, Martin, Dykes front 3, and that looked like that could work, albeit it means either Dykes or Armstrong holding on to the ball long enough for Martin to catch up with play, and that's always assuming that GA sees Martin as a definite regular starter which may not be the case.
Released/Retained list on 16:20 - May 11 with 7430 viewsdmm

No mention if we paid the rumoured £500k transfer fee for Richards. Hope we got him on a free.
Released/Retained list on 16:23 - May 11 with 7405 views89_50

Does anyone know if the Richards fee would have been paid upfront or deferred to this summer? Or structured payments?

Regarding Martin, it suggests his experience is needed as is his professionalism, even if his skills (or lack thereof) aren't. If he starts the opening game of the season, I'd be worried.
Released/Retained list on 16:23 - May 11 with 7395 viewsE15Hoop

Released/Retained list on 16:17 - May 11 by Hayesender

That's a bit extreme isn't it?? Preswumabley the costings were already worked into the budget for this, based on when the deal was signed.
The lad has talent, and I suspect that part of the reason GA didn't use him much this season was because they're doing support work with im on his tempearmant (we know he had off-field issues which sound like they were quite heavy duty for a young lad to deal with), also for him to recover fully from his injury, and not risk an uneccesary reoccurence and probaly most obviously because of what we needed to do to grind out results.
With a proper pre-season behind him and the squad shaped to accomodate him properly (whatever that looks like in practice), why shouldn't he go on to be a success?
Released/Retained list on 16:26 - May 11 with 7352 viewsE15Hoop

Released/Retained list on 16:20 - May 11 by dmm

No mention if we paid the rumoured £500k transfer fee for Richards. Hope we got him on a free.

No, I suspect it was the £500k, but they've already budgeted for that.
Whther that counts as part of next season's budget, or is already factored into this season's is another question.
Released/Retained list on 16:29 - May 11 with 7314 viewsdmm

WLS saying they think Archer will leave and again raising a question mark over whether Johansen will stay.
Released/Retained list on 16:30 - May 11 with 7307 viewsNorthernr

Released/Retained list on 16:17 - May 11 by E15Hoop

Why? He was on the end of the majority of chances we created in the last game, albeit he didn't score. Worked with Sinclair Armstrong on his positioning in the Burnley game, and scored the all-important winner. Was made captain in what GA clearly felt was a vacuum, and impressed with his honesty and leadership skills.
I don't think anyone is suggesting he'll benefit from balls being played in front of him to run on to, but he can clearly still get on the end of crosses and corners.
We've already seen glimpses of an Armstrong, Martin, Dykes front 3, and that looked like that could work, albeit it means either Dykes or Armstrong holding on to the ball long enough for Martin to catch up with play, and that's always assuming that GA sees Martin as a definite regular starter which may not be the case.

He cannot move about. When used for any more than the last ten minutes of games it's really quite an embarrassing watch.
Released/Retained list on 16:38 - May 11 with 7206 viewsE15Hoop

Released/Retained list on 16:10 - May 11 by Toast_R

Yeah. This is someone you have to feel really sorry for, and you can imagine him taking this next setback pretty hard.
You kind of saw it in his body language on Monday - on one occasion he won the ball in the opposing 18 yard box, but thought he'd lost it, gave up on it, and then realised (just in time) that he'd actually won it after all!
He's obviously a sensitive lad, desperate to do well, but I think these recurring injuries have affected him mentally. He needs to find a club where they'll put an arm around his shoulder and where he can finally get a get run of games just to get his self-belief back.
Released/Retained list on 16:42 - May 11 with 7127 viewspaulparker

Released/Retained list on 16:17 - May 11 by Hayesender

Absolute Joke of a signing based on the last season , did he actually start any games ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Released/Retained list on 16:45 - May 11 with 7106 viewsrobith

Released/Retained list on 16:10 - May 11 by Toast_R

I've always really liked him but yeah, we can't afford to be extending his contract on that injury profile
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024