Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dickie off 11:08 - Jun 5 with 25286 viewswesty

Apparently having a medical at Bristol City today. Talks of around £1m. I know he’s struggled but that is not a great amount. Hopefully have a % sell on clause just in case he finds some form.
Dickie off on 11:10 - Jun 5 with 7845 viewstoboboly

I think Oxford may have a sell on so it will be even less

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Dickie off on 11:11 - Jun 5 with 7826 viewsdaveB

Dickie off on 11:10 - Jun 5 by toboboly

They do have a sell on
Dickie off on 11:12 - Jun 5 with 7820 viewsLowerloftLad

Sometimes last season you could literally see the colour drain from his face as we collapsed at the back.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Dickie off on 11:12 - Jun 5 with 7812 viewswesty

Dickie off on 11:10 - Jun 5 by toboboly

Bloody contracts are so cloudy nowadays.
Dickie off on 11:12 - Jun 5 with 7816 viewsNorthernr

But if the sell on is a percentage of the profit, well we've managed this so well that we're making a loss, so they'll get nothing. Bet they're thrilled.

In other news, have we checked to make sure Dickie is aware there are other motorways than the M4?
Dickie off on 11:15 - Jun 5 with 7755 viewsBoston

'Dickie off'. There was a tune some years back that contained the words detachable penis.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dickie off on 11:18 - Jun 5 with 7747 viewsSuperhoop83

Best of luck to him.

Suffering since 1978.

Dickie off on 11:21 - Jun 5 with 7714 viewsOldPedro

Good luck to him - looked a good player at times. Obviously had a nightmare for most of last season but he still made himself available game after game and didn't cry off with a minor injury.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Login to get fewer ads

Dickie off on 11:23 - Jun 5 with 7695 viewswesty

Dickie off on 11:15 - Jun 5 by Boston

'Dickie off'. There was a tune some years back that contained the words detachable penis.

Can imagine the mrs of John Wayne Bobbit saying the exact same thing
Dickie off on 11:30 - Jun 5 with 7648 viewsOakR

Good luck to him.

Much better in a back 5, with liberty to drive forward.

A back 4 doesn't suit him and his / our lack of pace.

I still rate him in the right system.

I guess we are moving away from playing it out from the back.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Dickie off on 11:32 - Jun 5 with 7621 viewsDannyPaddox

Dickie off on 11:15 - Jun 5 by Boston

By the aptly named King Missile
Dickie off on 11:35 - Jun 5 with 7564 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We’ll miss him a lot more than we think we will.
Dickie off on 11:38 - Jun 5 with 7568 viewsPaddyhoops

Good luck to him . Another player whose value has plummeted, sadly .
I’m not sure which game it was but I remember him getting so frustrated during our horrendous run at HQ that he just booted the ball into the South Africa stand .
He’s composure and temper had gone.. Sad .
Dickie off on 11:39 - Jun 5 with 7532 viewsRs_Holy

Dickie off on 11:38 - Jun 5 by Paddyhoops

Good luck to him . Another player whose value has plummeted, sadly .
I’m not sure which game it was but I remember him getting so frustrated during our horrendous run at HQ that he just booted the ball into the South Africa stand .
He’s composure and temper had gone.. Sad .

indeed.... it all started so well :(
Dickie off on 11:40 - Jun 5 with 7541 viewsDannyPaddox

Dickie off on 11:35 - Jun 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

I missed him last season.
Dickie off on 11:41 - Jun 5 with 7529 viewsWatford_Ranger

Not sure we will. Not saying he’s necessarily destined to do badly there but for us he just doesn’t look right at all. I don’t love any of our current CBs but of the two who aren’t injured/dead I prefer Dunne.

One thing going for him is he’s almost always fit.
Dickie off on 11:41 - Jun 5 with 7526 viewsHarbour

Thanks Rob good luck to you. Shame last season went so badly …seems an age ago him sprinting from the half way line to plant one in the top bins.
Dickie off on 11:45 - Jun 5 with 7456 viewsMonkey_Roots

Are they signing the husk of Rob Dickie - the one we had last season - or the whole Rob Dickie with innards and a brain etc?
Dickie off on 11:49 - Jun 5 with 7425 viewsngbqpr

We've lost a big fkin Dickie

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Dickie off on 11:52 - Jun 5 with 7381 viewsCateLeBonR

Dickie off on 11:41 - Jun 5 by Harbour

Thanks Rob good luck to you. Shame last season went so badly …seems an age ago him sprinting from the half way line to plant one in the top bins.

Dickie heady days.

Good luck Rob.
Dickie off on 11:54 - Jun 5 with 7339 viewspaulparker

Not to fussed if he goes if truth be told his form was abysmal last year
Hopefully Ainsworth can get in a good replacement who knows how to defend properly and hold his position

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Dickie off on 11:57 - Jun 5 with 7315 viewsLoyalitat

This. Totally agree.

We have many a discussion about looking at lower leagues and signing "up and coming/rough diamonds" without sometimes appreciating that the step-up to the championship is a huge one and there will be loss of form.

Dickie managed to make that step-up pretty much immediately. Granted he regressed for most of last season, but he never hid or feigned injury and still had the strength of character to be available for selection virtually all the time. In spite of his travails, let's not forget his massive contribution away at Burnley, without which they would have scored on two/three occasions and then battered us.

It will be interesting to see how many of Ainsworth's recruits can take to the championship immediately. It isn't easy and Dickie did manage it as an "up and coming/rough diamond". I wish him all the best and the way Bristol City like to play should suit him.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2023 12:22]
Dickie off on 12:00 - Jun 5 with 7255 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dickie off on 11:41 - Jun 5 by Watford_Ranger

Not sure we will. Not saying he’s necessarily destined to do badly there but for us he just doesn’t look right at all. I don’t love any of our current CBs but of the two who aren’t injured/dead I prefer Dunne.

One thing going for him is he’s almost always fit.

Confidence can be a temporary thing. We as a fanbase have a habit of of dismissing players based on small sections of their careers. Dickie was great, especially during the covid period.

Barbet had the same problem when he kept giving pens away. Dykes pretty much two or three times a season.

When Barbet left you’d have thought Maldini had slipped through our fingers and Dykes is pretty much responsible for our safety.

Circumstance obviously plays a part but I’m very nervous about possible heading into the season with JCS looking down the barrel of a 50 game season.
Dickie off on 12:16 - Jun 5 with 7112 viewsAndybrat

Spot on, last season he was a victim of other peoples injuries plus Beale made it obvious he wasn’t first choice as soon as he had the chance. You know he could have called a sickie but didn’t. I suspect in 12 months time we won’t recognise him, pleased for him.
Dickie off on 12:25 - Jun 5 with 6990 viewsYorkshirehoop

For me he simply had to go, as for the transfer fee I thought we may have got a bit more for him.when his form hit the skids last season it had a knock on effect for Jimmy Dunne who himself started making countless errors.he played like an absolute donkey last season and at times looked a bag of nerves.we couldn't take the risk that he was suddenly gonna have an upturn in fortune and go back to the dickie of 2 years ago.as said by others good luck to him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024