Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Denmark - Womens World Cup 09:40 - Jul 28 with 3719 viewsslmrstid

Surprised I haven't seen any threads on the Womens World Cup on here (unless I've missed it, apologies if so).

England just gone 1-0 up in 6 minutes with a brilliant goal from Lauren James.

What's even better is there's QPR fans in the crowd with R's shirts on and a huge England flag banner with "Chloe Kelly QPR" that keep appearing on the TV broadcast. Good on 'em, showing off the R's Down Under!
England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 09:42 - Jul 28 with 2889 viewsMick_S

It’s fantastic, I love it.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 09:46 - Jul 28 with 2868 viewsRs_Holy

the Haiti game was pretty poor, but we've started this one really well... Wouldn't be surprised if Denmark make some early subs... England dominant so far.
England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 09:48 - Jul 28 with 2858 viewsaston_hoop

I remember at the Euros, we had a very underwhelming start v Austria then suddenly destroyed Norway. The way this is going, it could be similar

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 09:53 - Jul 28 with 2832 viewsToast_R

Great goal from Lauren James.
Two England supporters spotted in the crowd with QPR shirts, great to see.
England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 09:55 - Jul 28 with 2816 viewsMick_S

Another flag. We’re here, we’re there...

England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 09:59 - Jul 28 with 2798 viewsjtuck

Watching at 2 am in Los Angeles. Great start by England with Denmark having Ainsworth QPR possession stats but v dangerous on the break.

LAranger

England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 10:01 - Jul 28 with 2764 viewsRs_Holy

QPR get a mention ... Nice one :)
England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 10:02 - Jul 28 with 2753 viewsMick_S

Massive.

Login to get fewer ads

England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 10:04 - Jul 28 with 2748 viewsSuperhoops2808

Got a picture of the QPR fans from the TV but dunno how to post pics

The game is a good so far, better than v's Haiti
England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 10:07 - Jul 28 with 2726 viewsaston_hoop

Keira Walsh down, thats a huge blow. She's key to the way this England team play

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 10:10 - Jul 28 with 2709 viewsMick_S

England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 10:07 - Jul 28 by aston_hoop

Keira Walsh down, thats a huge blow. She's key to the way this England team play

Didn’t look too good, that. Hope she’s ok.

England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 10:17 - Jul 28 with 2680 viewsToast_R

Women footballers 7 times more likely to suffer ACL injuries than men.
So many in the England team alone have suffered it, Lucy Bronze, Chloe Kelly, Beth Mead recovering, Leah Williamson recovering and now Keira Walsh looks like another victim. Currently 25 female players missing from this World Cup with an ACL injury.
England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 11:02 - Jul 28 with 2589 viewsToast_R

I cant see this England team winning the tournament at the moment. They've lost the ability to score goals. Ellen White's retirement along with both Beth Mead and Fran Kiby out injured, its a massive loss.

Russo barely been in either games so far and really only had an impact in the Euros when coming on as a sub. Relying on wonder goals from James and Stanway now and it's not good enough IMO.
England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 11:05 - Jul 28 with 2567 viewsderbyhoop

England have got sloppier as game goes on.

Mentioned Chloe Kelly is a big QPR fan, and plenty of QPR fans in the stadium.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 11:19 - Jul 28 with 2504 viewsJuzzie

Denmark should have equalised (86min). Awful defending and the header hit the post.
England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 11:21 - Jul 28 with 2493 viewsJuzzie

England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 11:02 - Jul 28 by Toast_R

I cant see this England team winning the tournament at the moment. They've lost the ability to score goals. Ellen White's retirement along with both Beth Mead and Fran Kiby out injured, its a massive loss.

Russo barely been in either games so far and really only had an impact in the Euros when coming on as a sub. Relying on wonder goals from James and Stanway now and it's not good enough IMO.

Yeah, we peaked last year.
Too many player losses takes it's toll for this tournament at least.
England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 11:24 - Jul 28 with 2471 viewsQPR_Hibs

England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 11:19 - Jul 28 by Juzzie

Denmark should have equalised (86min). Awful defending and the header hit the post.

If you can't be good, be lucky?

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 11:24 - Jul 28 with 2464 viewsRs_Holy

England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 11:05 - Jul 28 by derbyhoop

England have got sloppier as game goes on.

Mentioned Chloe Kelly is a big QPR fan, and plenty of QPR fans in the stadium.

yep... hanging on now... its an improvement on the Haiti game but still lots of work to be done!... Maybe rest some key players in the last group game?
England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 11:28 - Jul 28 with 2441 viewsDorse

Playing Daly at left back (22 goals last season) is a bit confusing, especially if we're short on goals but it seems to work.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 12:47 - Jul 28 with 2315 viewsMrSheen

Saw a QPR shirt on the beach at Balinskelligs yesterday. Well done that lad.

Call me a curmudgeon but I’ll be hoping Nigeria can beat Ireland to help knock Australia out. I love the unique sporting cultures of Ireland and Australia too much to want them to fall to the Blatter-Infantino empire.
England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 13:42 - Jul 28 with 2229 viewskomradkirk

Played two, won two, conceded nil. They are still swinging out there.
England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 20:10 - Jul 28 with 2071 viewswesty

England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 10:17 - Jul 28 by Toast_R

Women footballers 7 times more likely to suffer ACL injuries than men.
So many in the England team alone have suffered it, Lucy Bronze, Chloe Kelly, Beth Mead recovering, Leah Williamson recovering and now Keira Walsh looks like another victim. Currently 25 female players missing from this World Cup with an ACL injury.

I’m led to believe that when a woman goes through her monthly her body obviously changes and is weaker in certain areas as a consequence. This apparently heightens the chance of women footballers getting an ACL injury.
England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 21:18 - Jul 28 with 2020 viewsSteveB

England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 09:42 - Jul 28 by Mick_S

It’s fantastic, I love it.

Each to their own & stuff, but Women's football, in my opinion - is gash & I cannot watch it. I can't find it in me to take an interest.

If tickets were not handed out like sweets, stadiums would be empty. Nobody would pay Emirates prices to watch it, would they?

It's probably just me. No offence to those who enjoy it. Stressful day.
England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 22:24 - Jul 28 with 1940 viewsSuperhoops2808

England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 11:28 - Jul 28 by Dorse

Playing Daly at left back (22 goals last season) is a bit confusing, especially if we're short on goals but it seems to work.

Daly needs to play up front, Beth England is not the solution to Russo being off form.

Play Greenwood at LB. She is a great left back and played there as sub during the Euro's.

That does leave the CD a problem, but someone on the bench must be able to fill that space too.

The one player coming out with any credit from the last two performances is Lucy Bronze who I wasnt so impressed with at the Euro's. She is doing a lot of covering for Millie Bright who is clearly not fit.

Stanway, Hemp and Toone all are also failing to impress at the moment, and Walsh will be a loss for sure
England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 22:31 - Jul 28 with 1928 viewsstowmarketrange

England v Denmark - Womens World Cup on 21:18 - Jul 28 by SteveB

Each to their own & stuff, but Women's football, in my opinion - is gash & I cannot watch it. I can't find it in me to take an interest.

If tickets were not handed out like sweets, stadiums would be empty. Nobody would pay Emirates prices to watch it, would they?

It's probably just me. No offence to those who enjoy it. Stressful day.

Each to their own,but I’m not sure the tickets are given out as much these days.It is cheaper than men’s professional football because they can’t charge too much or families won’t be able to afford to go.
I sometimes think that watching a women’s game is a better view than the diving,cheating that goes on far too much in the men’s game.And they don’t tend to roll over 10 times when they’ve been tackled like Grealish and others do either.

The advances in women’s sport over the last 10 or so years have been amazing,and who know what the next decade will bring.But I do agree that it’s an inferior product to men’s football,but they will improve given the time and resources that’s pumped into the male equivalent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024