Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking the bus 21:15 - Jul 30 with 3017 viewsLogman

Bit hesitant about posting this as my cautionary message about preparing for relegation was not altogether well received. However, it's Sunday night, there is no football on the box so I shall chance my arm on here.

Do you think we should be practicing and implementing parking the bus ?

A bit like the man himself, Ainsworth football (i.e. working it out wide, getting past a full back and getting crosses in) is a thing of the past which any Championship defence can deal with easily and it appears - for one reason or another - that we do not have the ability, set-up or collective players to play the ball through teams.

We saw that parking the bus worked for us in our last two away games last season and I am wondering if we should just throw in the towel now and resign ourselves to playing 5 at the back or 5 across midfield and leaving Dykes on his own up front all season (apart from when we are losing when we bring Armstrong on).

What do people think ?

Is it time to call up Abellio and to assimilate us playing at the Etihad every week ?
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 21:16]
Parking the bus on 21:51 - Jul 30 with 2902 viewsqpr_1968

if it works why not...
get a few points under our belt and ease ourselves back into this modern day crap.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Parking the bus on 22:48 - Jul 30 with 2791 viewsLongsufferingR

But for poor finishing by Burnley we could have been 8 down at HT so it's pushing it a bit to think we are actually any good at parking the bus.
Parking the bus on 23:03 - Jul 30 with 2761 viewsguitarzan

With our finances, the bus will have to double up as development team coach
Parking the bus on 23:26 - Jul 30 with 2714 viewsLongsufferingR

Parking the bus on 23:03 - Jul 30 by guitarzan

With our finances, the bus will have to double up as development team coach

Isn't that Paul Hall's job?
Parking the bus on 08:58 - Jul 31 with 2451 viewsfrancisbowles

I think the way we are currently, with a lack of fit senior defenders and a opening programme of mainly away games, we should be drilling the team to play in this manner. We can see what we can get and try and avoid confidence damaging heavy defeats.
Parking the bus on 10:29 - Jul 31 with 2351 viewsRangersw12

I actually don't think you can blame GA if he goes ultra defensive on Saturday. A heavy loss would set the tone for the season where's a battling draw would at least give us hope
Parking the bus on 10:33 - Jul 31 with 2344 viewsPunteR

Parking the bus on 10:29 - Jul 31 by Rangersw12

I actually don't think you can blame GA if he goes ultra defensive on Saturday. A heavy loss would set the tone for the season where's a battling draw would at least give us hope

I think you're right. We've got an experienced keeper as well to help with organising defence.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Parking the bus on 12:13 - Jul 31 with 2284 viewsderbyhoop

We'd need 5 defenders, though.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Parking the bus on 13:15 - Jul 31 with 2232 viewsDannyPaddox

The size of this thing? What’s it gonna keep out?
Parking the bus on 00:17 - Aug 2 with 2024 viewsHooping_Mad

Parking the bus on 12:13 - Jul 31 by derbyhoop

We'd need 5 defenders, though.

That might be a problem.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Parking the bus on 03:52 - Aug 2 with 1966 viewsHoopsie

We don't need 5 defenders

Just a bus

Has to be a double decker or a super bus, not a mini bus - that won't do

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Parking the bus on 08:53 - Aug 2 with 1856 viewsDannyPaddox

Ainsworth team bonding on the QPR bus
Parking the bus on 09:07 - Aug 2 with 1828 viewsthehat

Most definitely - If we think we can beat teams by playing tippy tappy football then we will get our arse handed to us most games just like we did Saturday.

Our technical ball players (Chair, Willock, Richards and Dozzell) are half arsed and useless and continue to give the ball way and dont track back.

Parking the bus might be our only option.
Parking the bus on 09:11 - Aug 2 with 1803 viewsjohnhoop

Parking the bus on 09:07 - Aug 2 by thehat

Most definitely - If we think we can beat teams by playing tippy tappy football then we will get our arse handed to us most games just like we did Saturday.

Our technical ball players (Chair, Willock, Richards and Dozzell) are half arsed and useless and continue to give the ball way and dont track back.

Only slight problem at the moment is that you need competent defenders to form “the bus.”
Parking the bus on 10:52 - Aug 2 with 1673 viewsdavman

Parking the bus on 09:07 - Aug 2 by thehat

Fat fingers - meant to upvote this...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Parking the bus on 10:54 - Aug 2 with 1669 viewsbosh67

We don't have enough money to buy players, let alone buy a bus.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Parking the bus on 10:57 - Aug 2 with 1655 viewsspencer

Thing is _
1 - If Watford totally annihilate us, it will show , whoever decides of transfers , that we
do actually need more bodies
2 - By this time, any one good would have been snapped up or of still free would think twice
about signing for us
3- Panic buy time - Likes of Gape etc
4 - We're doomed

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024