Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Few Thoughts 23:19 - Aug 5 with 24112 viewsdaveB

Hard to know where to start today, Ainsworth has had all summer to put a game plan together, some sort of plan to stop opposition playing and to create goals and chances for us, that today was an absolute disgrace.

Just stood off them with everyone behind the ball, plan was when they have it keep dropping deeper, never tried to win the ball back, no closing just hold the shape it will be alright, never worked from the 1st minute, Watford could and should have scored 7 in the first half and added at least 3 more in the second. It was men against boys, the number of times the centre half ran 20 yards forward with not a tackle and 2 passes after they were in behind us was laughable

Ainsworth hung several players out to dry today. Playing Kelman in a 4-4-2 against this Watford team was suicidal. Chair stuck out on the left wing looking lost and bringing on Willock with 2 minutes left was a piss take. he can give it back the boys as much as he likes, maybe he should start doing it rather than playing tactics these players can't play.

Players have to take some responsibility as well, Dozzell went missing again. Kakay was embarrassing, Fox looked like he hadn't played football before and Field was awful as well. Gubbins did OK on debut but thats being kind, Duke Mckenna at least put a foot in, Begovic man of the match for keeping the score down but his time wasting at 4-0 down was awful.

One thing I noticed at half time is something Clive talks about a lot, our warm up. I went to the Womens FA Cup final in May, at half time both teams had proper training drills, cones out doing short quick passes then shuttle runs and the shootings practice. Watford today had players running together in one group others doing a triangle passing drill. Our lot? Willock and Richards doing kick ups and having a chat. Archer booting the ball to the other side of the pitch for Dixon Bonner to boot back to him and the others having a chat, no coaches to be seen, we've got hundreds of them why are they not managing this? It was beyond pathetic and sums up the general malaise at the club

We were marginally better second half mainly as we had some sort of shape and pressed the ball every now and then but it was still a long way from being any good and Watford really eased off yet still could have scored 2/3 more goals.

I thought we'd struggle before today, certain of it now. No one is finishing below that rabble. Needed major changes at the end of last season, still need them now and hiding behind FFP now. Ainsworth should have gone in May, Hoos as well, just sleepwalking towards League one
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 23:23]
Few Thoughts on 23:22 - Aug 5 with 10419 viewshoops_legend

He finished gubbins career as well
Few Thoughts on 23:24 - Aug 5 with 10380 viewsvanrrrr

100% . I do wonder if he has already lost the dressing room. I know they are a bunch of ne’er do wells but taking the piss with those subs as well as the clearly idiotic tactics unlikely to get em busting a gut for you
Few Thoughts on 23:30 - Aug 5 with 10307 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Reading the OP's observations about the subs at HT, is shocking proof of the amateu6rism that's riddled through QPR.

We went to the bottom of the league 35 seconds into the game and while technically the only way is up, you'd feel safer betting the farm on us remaining where we are now for the rest of the season.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Few Thoughts on 23:31 - Aug 5 with 10306 viewsRangersw12

I was shocked at how much we stood off

I thought under Ainsworth we would be pressing and snapping into tackles but there has been none of that .

Going forward he certainly needs to play 433 with an extra man in midfield and use Smyth and Armstrong as out balls to get in behind teams with their pace .

Ultimately though the club is fcked. Sleep walking into League one with seemingly no hope of turning it around . Want the season to end and it's only been one game!
Few Thoughts on 23:31 - Aug 5 with 10304 viewsOutintheOrne

Couldn't have put it better than the OP. Accidentally down voted because of fat finger syndrome.
Few Thoughts on 23:32 - Aug 5 with 10296 views1JD

Few Thoughts on 23:24 - Aug 5 by vanrrrr

100% . I do wonder if he has already lost the dressing room. I know they are a bunch of ne’er do wells but taking the piss with those subs as well as the clearly idiotic tactics unlikely to get em busting a gut for you

He never had the dressing room and that’s the problem.

As for making subs in the 96th minute - chants of you don’t know what you’re doing said it all. Mind boggling.
Few Thoughts on 23:52 - Aug 5 with 10119 viewsHunterhoop

I agree and disagree, Dave.

The worst player on the pitch by a long way was Gubbins. It was embarrassing.

All their goals and attacks in the first half came down our left/their right. And they were all to do with Paal’s positioning being way too wide (and high) and Chair showing no inclination to track runners and make people from throw ins.

All the goals were down to those 3 players.

We moved Chair central and put Dozzell out there and went narrow and we looked a little more solid.

Criticism of Kakay is harsh. Very little came down his side. He wasn’t beaten on the outside and made a goal saving diving header. It’s lazy to criticise him. Paal was many times worse today.

Kakay and Duke-McKenna actually provided a limited but competent right flank in the second half:

SDM deserves to start after today.

Watford fan’s view was our centre backs were non league level and after that everything else was somewhat irrelevant.
Few Thoughts on 00:04 - Aug 6 with 10018 viewsted_hendrix

**One thing I noticed at half time is something Clive talks about a lot, our warm up. I went to the Womens FA Cup final in May, at half time both teams had proper training drills, cones out doing short quick passes then shuttle runs and the shootings practice. Watford today had players running together in one group others doing a triangle passing drill. Our lot? Willock and Richards doing kick ups and having a chat. Archer booting the ball to the other side of the pitch for Dixon Bonner to boot back to him and the others having a chat, no coaches to be seen, we've got hundreds of them why are they not managing this? It was beyond pathetic and sums up the general malaise at the club**

This Is so unprofessional and amateurish more so at 4-0 down at half time, I do not understand It, It is of course daft to keep going on and on and moaning about It on a MB but honestly and seriously we are getting worse by the minute absolutely we are.

If I could just grab one small bit of positivity from today that would help but I can't.

3.00pm today and I'm thinking here we go new season---clean slate lets get at them, we go again and a minute later? Christ almighty.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Few Thoughts on 00:06 - Aug 6 with 10002 viewsPunteR

Few Thoughts on 23:31 - Aug 5 by Rangersw12

I was shocked at how much we stood off

I thought under Ainsworth we would be pressing and snapping into tackles but there has been none of that .

Going forward he certainly needs to play 433 with an extra man in midfield and use Smyth and Armstrong as out balls to get in behind teams with their pace .

Ultimately though the club is fcked. Sleep walking into League one with seemingly no hope of turning it around . Want the season to end and it's only been one game!

Yeh.. cant even do the basics right.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Few Thoughts on 00:07 - Aug 6 with 9995 viewskensalriser

It was amateur hour. If that's the best Ainsworth can come up with after ten years as a manager he should think about retiring.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Few Thoughts on 00:15 - Aug 6 with 9963 viewsdaveB

Few Thoughts on 23:52 - Aug 5 by Hunterhoop

I agree and disagree, Dave.

The worst player on the pitch by a long way was Gubbins. It was embarrassing.

All their goals and attacks in the first half came down our left/their right. And they were all to do with Paal’s positioning being way too wide (and high) and Chair showing no inclination to track runners and make people from throw ins.

All the goals were down to those 3 players.

We moved Chair central and put Dozzell out there and went narrow and we looked a little more solid.

Criticism of Kakay is harsh. Very little came down his side. He wasn’t beaten on the outside and made a goal saving diving header. It’s lazy to criticise him. Paal was many times worse today.

Kakay and Duke-McKenna actually provided a limited but competent right flank in the second half:

SDM deserves to start after today.

Watford fan’s view was our centre backs were non league level and after that everything else was somewhat irrelevant.

I was trying to be kind on Gubbins, I thought he was Ok given the circumstances but thats probably giving him a pass I shouldn't. You are right a lot of the problems came down his side.

I thought Kakay had a poor game and his mis kick for a very good chance that Chair created was so poor. He did get better second half with Mckenna in front of him
[Post edited 6 Aug 2023 0:21]
Few Thoughts on 00:19 - Aug 6 with 9934 viewsdaveB

Few Thoughts on 00:04 - Aug 6 by ted_hendrix

**One thing I noticed at half time is something Clive talks about a lot, our warm up. I went to the Womens FA Cup final in May, at half time both teams had proper training drills, cones out doing short quick passes then shuttle runs and the shootings practice. Watford today had players running together in one group others doing a triangle passing drill. Our lot? Willock and Richards doing kick ups and having a chat. Archer booting the ball to the other side of the pitch for Dixon Bonner to boot back to him and the others having a chat, no coaches to be seen, we've got hundreds of them why are they not managing this? It was beyond pathetic and sums up the general malaise at the club**

This Is so unprofessional and amateurish more so at 4-0 down at half time, I do not understand It, It is of course daft to keep going on and on and moaning about It on a MB but honestly and seriously we are getting worse by the minute absolutely we are.

If I could just grab one small bit of positivity from today that would help but I can't.

3.00pm today and I'm thinking here we go new season---clean slate lets get at them, we go again and a minute later? Christ almighty.

I managed to miss the first goal as was trying to move someone out of my seat and next thing my son was shouting Why are you so shit and I realised we were 1 down.
Few Thoughts on 00:24 - Aug 6 with 9881 viewsDamo1962

Few Thoughts on 00:15 - Aug 6 by daveB

I was trying to be kind on Gubbins, I thought he was Ok given the circumstances but thats probably giving him a pass I shouldn't. You are right a lot of the problems came down his side.

I thought Kakay had a poor game and his mis kick for a very good chance that Chair created was so poor. He did get better second half with Mckenna in front of him
[Post edited 6 Aug 2023 0:21]

Glad you called out Field. He gets a free ride... and is really just as shite as the rest.
Few Thoughts on 09:17 - Aug 6 with 9442 viewsWatford_Ranger

I actually don’t mind Gubbins, Kakay, Smyth, Kelman etc. not being good enough. We’ve all seen Bob Malcolm and John Curtis. Most of you probably saw Gus Caesar and I’ve only read about him in books. Karl Ready played for years FFS.

I do mind Willock and Richards who have demonstrated some genuine talent putting so little effort in in pre-season they can’t get into this dross team. The two of them mooched along the touchline all game like they were doing community service. Dozzell- words fail me what the manager sees in him. The alternatives are kids but they can’t possibly be worse.

If we must play these tactics and lose heavily regularly (Cardiff -3 now 25/1) then give some of these kids (is 22 a kid these days?) a go. At least the clappers after the game wouldn’t look so ridiculous.
Few Thoughts on 09:27 - Aug 6 with 9380 viewsDesertBoot

Couldn’t agree more with the OP.
Ainsworth, like all of us, knew the squad is weak but he’s had all summer to build something with the list of players on his squad sheet.
Nine goals conceded in a week has me really wondering what the hell was he doing in the aforementioned summer period.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Few Thoughts on 09:33 - Aug 6 with 9320 viewsWatford_Ranger

Few Thoughts on 00:24 - Aug 6 by Damo1962

Glad you called out Field. He gets a free ride... and is really just as shite as the rest.

He was consistently our best player throughout that turgid last six months or so last season. He was the entire midfield in the first half. No one could do that job alone. If I was him I’d have been on the phone to my agent demanding he get me out of this circus now rather than waste a year carrying the rest of them.
Few Thoughts on 09:44 - Aug 6 with 9224 viewsLordPork

Its a sad inditement that after one game GA choses to say he's confident we'll stay up. Thats kind of sending out the wrong message to everyone.

Regardless of your feelings towards the Management team there's obviously some poor errors here.

Pre match warm up - basic stupid disaster. What do the players think of it, what do the supporters think of it? Rubbish level of professionalism at least.

Subs with 2 mins to go: If their fit enough, and clearly pivotal players that can have an influence, then why not at half time? ( Willock must have been up for it given the same fixture last year when he was MOM material )

Post match quotes: I'd be giving this a lot of thought. Saying the same old "we'll be OK" yet having no substance ( shots on target/possession )

Finally, and probably his undoing: style of play: who's going to be watching this in another 4 or 5 games at Loftus road seeing us get tonked every week?

For I guess all supporters we want to see our team and the players improve/do well etc. Many moons ago I was holidaying and some Ipswich supporters at the same hotel were saying they'd be losing Dozzell to us and how he'd leave to play better football and improve his career. Be interesting to hear their view when we play them soon.
Few Thoughts on 09:44 - Aug 6 with 9219 viewsDejR_vu

Few Thoughts on 09:27 - Aug 6 by DesertBoot

Couldn’t agree more with the OP.
Ainsworth, like all of us, knew the squad is weak but he’s had all summer to build something with the list of players on his squad sheet.
Nine goals conceded in a week has me really wondering what the hell was he doing in the aforementioned summer period.

Watch the training videoes and compare them to two years ago. All I’ve seen is warm ups, rondos and games. No technical drills to make players think and coach them to create patterns of play. I literally haven’t seen one. It looks like training you’d see at any amateur club up and down the country. Maybe they’re not filming the professional stuff.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Few Thoughts on 09:48 - Aug 6 with 9160 viewsgazza1

All this nonsense about half time warm ups is rubbish.....

The two players who came on at HT, Armstrong and DM were proper warmed up by 2 coaches.

The others were doing 'their thing'.......why should they get a sweat on knowing that they are not entering play for ages. They then sit down for 30 minutes or more and need to warm up again if required. I'm not so sure that is good practise.

Anyways, HT warm-ups are the least of our problems.
Few Thoughts on 09:52 - Aug 6 with 9129 viewsBklynRanger

I did feel for Gubbins being thrown in like that, when as said elsewhere he could've got game time on the final day of the season and is still young. Difficult stuff for the lad.

In a normal squad situation you'd have been bringing Fox on for the last 20 mins, depending on the score, so for him to start was a big ask too. But both of those situations come down to recruitment.

From watching online I thought Dozzell worked harder than he has of late. He was still rubbish like everyone else but he was making an effort, I thought.

Ilias was very poor in that first half and, as said above, just didn't track runners at key goal scoring moments. Shocking stuff and shouldn't be overlooked.

BUT you have to send the right players out with the right message in the right formation and literally all of that was wrong in the first half.
Few Thoughts on 09:53 - Aug 6 with 9124 viewsWatford_Ranger

Few Thoughts on 09:48 - Aug 6 by gazza1

All this nonsense about half time warm ups is rubbish.....

The two players who came on at HT, Armstrong and DM were proper warmed up by 2 coaches.

The others were doing 'their thing'.......why should they get a sweat on knowing that they are not entering play for ages. They then sit down for 30 minutes or more and need to warm up again if required. I'm not so sure that is good practise.

Anyways, HT warm-ups are the least of our problems.

Why do successful teams bother then?
Few Thoughts on 09:57 - Aug 6 with 9068 viewsgazza1

There were a few players that were out of their depth of just plain simple - not good enough.

The two CB's were all over the place, thought Kakay had a tough time all season, strange stuff going on down the left with Chair and Paal - they got pulled around and lost players accordingly, Kelman & Smyth were anonymous, LD did ok winning headers and running around but his effort near the end was very poor indeed. Jury out with this 'great' keeper we have signed as well. No comments about Dozzell!!! More importantly, GA needs to look what he is doing with this team - tactics were poor, team selection were poor, positional play was poor, bringing two subs on late in the game 2 mins left) is stupid - why did GA do that??.

How Armstrong doesn't start fails me, DM worked when he came on - not sure if he is good enough though, Colback should have started if he isnt injured....and it goes on!!!
Few Thoughts on 09:58 - Aug 6 with 9068 viewsBostonR

If the club thought Gubbins was good enough to start a Championship game then everyone in that academy set-up should be shown the door on Monday. If that’s the best they have produced then something is not fit for purpose in that set-up.
Given the absence of any type of youth player actually being able to step-up would suggest it’s a free-ride for the academy coaches. Some of us called for the wholesale reorganisation of that set-up during the summer and it never happened.
If I’m correct GA said he had to go down to the U14’s to find a left-back!
Surely, someone in a leadership position at the club can see that a £30M academy facility appears to be run by amateurs. That needs sorting immediately by sacking Ramsey and Hall tomorrow.
Few Thoughts on 10:00 - Aug 6 with 9044 viewsQPROslo

Few Thoughts on 09:52 - Aug 6 by BklynRanger

I did feel for Gubbins being thrown in like that, when as said elsewhere he could've got game time on the final day of the season and is still young. Difficult stuff for the lad.

In a normal squad situation you'd have been bringing Fox on for the last 20 mins, depending on the score, so for him to start was a big ask too. But both of those situations come down to recruitment.

From watching online I thought Dozzell worked harder than he has of late. He was still rubbish like everyone else but he was making an effort, I thought.

Ilias was very poor in that first half and, as said above, just didn't track runners at key goal scoring moments. Shocking stuff and shouldn't be overlooked.

BUT you have to send the right players out with the right message in the right formation and literally all of that was wrong in the first half.

Agree about Dozzell. He did make a few important tackle and interceptions yesterday. That Watfords midfield 3 totally dominated our 2 1st half was down to Gareth playing both Kelman and Smith further forward plus Chair out wide. He and Field hardly had a chance in that set up.
Few Thoughts on 10:01 - Aug 6 with 9021 viewsgazza1

Few Thoughts on 09:53 - Aug 6 by Watford_Ranger

Why do successful teams bother then?

Do they??

Subs not warming up professionally....well I never!!!

We only go on about it because Norf doesn't like it and highlighted the matter. I do not give a flying F about it as long as players coming on are warmed up proper and the two I mention were.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024