Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? 03:49 - Aug 6 with 33691 viewsSydneyRs

We all know things look very grim right now and many want him gone, but is there actually anyone available that would firstly even entertain this job and secondly be any better than GA given the obvious constraints?

I genuinely feel for the guy and believe he's giving it everything he has. But the constant forced positivity interviews that are getting very repetitive are wearing thin. He's inherited a mess for sure but it still feels like a lot of the players aren't having him or possibly just aren't having the club any more.

Its tough. He clearly had players at Wycombe who bought in and was able to build a culture there, but as we know there's a few here with questionable levels of commitment to say the least. How on earth can he turn it around and if not him who else could do better with no money available?
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 11:40 - Aug 9 with 1514 viewspaulparker

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 11:22 - Aug 9 by GaryBannister86

Fair point, Dave, if you rated Holloway. I think there is quite a lot of similarity, particularly in jibbering absolute nonsense and presenting themselves as a bit of a turnip.

I still can't get over how, regardless of our state, he has walked into QPR FC and managed to talk us into being some kind of hopeless minnow who should just be grateful to rub shoulders with some of the big beasts of the Championship.

I've said it before and I say it again, this kind of small fish mentality is 1) patently not true and 2) doesn't appear to work in motivating the players anyway. At least we boast about the training ground, now drum it into the players that we do have a history, it isn't that long ago we were the best London club in the top flight, we have a fan base that will turn up in their droves away from home if we just literally hear rumour that we strung two passes together in their last few games.....

Have pride, have identity. Fed up with being talked down like we are Yeading FC or something after a few promotions.

if you rated Holloway. I think there is quite a lot of similarity, particularly in jibbering absolute nonsense and presenting themselves as a bit of a turnip.

Not having that , Holloway gave us plenty of good days and saved the club
His second spell wasn’t great but as I’ve said on another post he was the one who gave Eze his Debut , he got the best out of Manning & Smyth , had Penrice sign Freeman & BOS
He was the only manager to follow the remit
Give me Olly any day over the Myth that is our saviour Mark Warburton

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 12:03 - Aug 9 with 1390 viewsDiscodroids

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 08:58 - Aug 9 by tkqpr

Alternative - Steve Evans - Stevenage

For some reason i read that as Steve Strange.

If the Blitz Club Empressario hadn't passed away 7 years ago, i would have loved to have seen him setting out the training cones in his Ashes to ashes video ecclesiastica nun outfit, white taffeta, brocade, and velvet & satin Marco perroni pirate pixie boots.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 12:04]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 12:05 - Aug 9 with 1363 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 11:22 - Aug 9 by GaryBannister86

Fair point, Dave, if you rated Holloway. I think there is quite a lot of similarity, particularly in jibbering absolute nonsense and presenting themselves as a bit of a turnip.

I still can't get over how, regardless of our state, he has walked into QPR FC and managed to talk us into being some kind of hopeless minnow who should just be grateful to rub shoulders with some of the big beasts of the Championship.

I've said it before and I say it again, this kind of small fish mentality is 1) patently not true and 2) doesn't appear to work in motivating the players anyway. At least we boast about the training ground, now drum it into the players that we do have a history, it isn't that long ago we were the best London club in the top flight, we have a fan base that will turn up in their droves away from home if we just literally hear rumour that we strung two passes together in their last few games.....

Have pride, have identity. Fed up with being talked down like we are Yeading FC or something after a few promotions.

Think that attitude preceded Ainsworth tbh - we've been 'umble old QPR for a good few seasons because by setting low expectations, if you surpass them, you look like you're doing well. It is embarrassing saying we're aiming to finish 21st before the season starts, particularly when you see clubs like Brentford and Luton flourishing. And then when you're bigging up Watford as Real Madrid, it's pretty pathetic to see virtually the same team lose to Stevenage in the next game. I do feel sorry for Ainsworth - he's clearly going to get the boot at some point before the inevitable return to Wycombe.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 12:35 - Aug 9 with 1277 viewsSydneyRs

Interesting analysis of Ainsworth and his managerial style here.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 13:26 - Aug 9 with 1167 viewsEsox_Lucius

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 08:33 - Aug 9 by Northernr

Agree, but they chucked Critchley, who is a more progressive football coach under the bus, as well so I'm running a little low on patience for what these players like and don't like TBH.

I agree with that, my point is that we will have to get rid of all those technical players ASAP to put an end to the "free & frank exchanges of views" after games. We have seen that a lot of those players are quite capable of playing in top six teams so the fact that they aren't now isn't because they are shit, it's because they are phoning it in and don't like what they are doing for GA and his team.
We may have to knuckle down, as fans, for an era of honest to goodness journeymen rather than the Eze, Taarabt, Chair technicians and do many have the stomach for that? My biggest concern is that players won't want to come to QPR to learn their football and the academy will go from bad to worse. We will be more Sinclair Armstrong and Hamzad Kargbo up front than Eduardo Vargas or Charlie Austin (1st time).

The grass is always greener.

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 13:34 - Aug 9 with 1124 viewsHoopsie

If we rid Ainsworth, why not install a coaching-managerial triumvirate of Ramsay, Hall and Furlong who are already at the club and won’t cost one penny more, they know the club, the academy players and style of play - so an instant ‘solution’

Can they get any worse? Surely 3 heads better than 1?

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 13:47 - Aug 9 with 1067 viewsterryb

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 13:34 - Aug 9 by Hoopsie

If we rid Ainsworth, why not install a coaching-managerial triumvirate of Ramsay, Hall and Furlong who are already at the club and won’t cost one penny more, they know the club, the academy players and style of play - so an instant ‘solution’

Can they get any worse? Surely 3 heads better than 1?

In the couple of games that Hall has been in charge we have looked nearly as bad as we did on Saturday!

Why would you promote to the first team the coaches that are not producing results at the levels they currently are?
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 13:52 - Aug 9 with 1042 viewsRs_Holy

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 13:47 - Aug 9 by terryb

In the couple of games that Hall has been in charge we have looked nearly as bad as we did on Saturday!

Why would you promote to the first team the coaches that are not producing results at the levels they currently are?

'Why would you promote to the first team the coaches that are not producing results at the levels they currently are?'

...because its QPR
Login to get fewer ads

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 14:51 - Aug 9 with 935 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 12:03 - Aug 9 by Discodroids

For some reason i read that as Steve Strange.

If the Blitz Club Empressario hadn't passed away 7 years ago, i would have loved to have seen him setting out the training cones in his Ashes to ashes video ecclesiastica nun outfit, white taffeta, brocade, and velvet & satin Marco perroni pirate pixie boots.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 12:04]

Ahhh, ahhhh we'll bid for Gray.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024