Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? 03:49 - Aug 6 with 33689 viewsSydneyRs

We all know things look very grim right now and many want him gone, but is there actually anyone available that would firstly even entertain this job and secondly be any better than GA given the obvious constraints?

I genuinely feel for the guy and believe he's giving it everything he has. But the constant forced positivity interviews that are getting very repetitive are wearing thin. He's inherited a mess for sure but it still feels like a lot of the players aren't having him or possibly just aren't having the club any more.

Its tough. He clearly had players at Wycombe who bought in and was able to build a culture there, but as we know there's a few here with questionable levels of commitment to say the least. How on earth can he turn it around and if not him who else could do better with no money available?
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 15:18 - Aug 8 with 2501 viewsParkRoyalR

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 15:10 - Aug 8 by Lblock

You see? You won’t be told will you?
Lunchtime drinking is a VERY bad habit and you need to stop.

Ramsey back in the hot seat?

Jesus H Christ on a three wheeled bike.
No! Just fcukin NO!

From my memory, which is'nt great, I thought he was half-reasonable during his previous stint as 1st Team Coach, he's on the payroll already, he knows the players and the system they're suited to play, and unless the next few weeks changes drastically, he just cannot do a worse job that the current Manager.

Televising that Haka, playing that formation with Kelman, Gubbins away to that Watford side, now that's a No! Just fcukin No!
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 15:22 - Aug 8 with 2468 viewsPhilmyRs

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 15:05 - Aug 8 by ParkRoyalR

I can't comment on some of the points you raise as I'm not in the know, but do agree Gray was his man and he mis-judged how his professionalism would be effected with his change in circumstances since he last managed him (4 year multi-million contract later, plus marrying a pop-star probably dims the desire he may have once had)

Back on topic, the reason some normally reserved posters have gone so hard after Saturday is I don't think a single fan who knows our team would have gone with 2 upfront against Watford, a 4 in midfield including Dozzell & Smyth and exposing a back 4 including Kakay & Gubbins against that Watford attack.

On every level too many mis-judgements have been made and if he does'nt turn things round quickly, I'd actually put Ramsey back in the hot-seat as think he's played it smart hiding in the Academy on a very lucrative contract for some time now, plus I thought he did ok given the resources he had when he stepped up to 1st Team Manager before.

Agree with your second paragraph. When someone makes those sort of tactical decisions like he did on Saturday, and not the first time, it's very hard to accept the argument that there's nobody better to lead us.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 15:34 - Aug 8 with 2381 viewspaulparker

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 15:18 - Aug 8 by ParkRoyalR

From my memory, which is'nt great, I thought he was half-reasonable during his previous stint as 1st Team Coach, he's on the payroll already, he knows the players and the system they're suited to play, and unless the next few weeks changes drastically, he just cannot do a worse job that the current Manager.

Televising that Haka, playing that formation with Kelman, Gubbins away to that Watford side, now that's a No! Just fcukin No!

Ramsey was a disaster considering the players we had at our disposal at that time
If you think our defending is bad now it will raise another level if Ramsey is put back in
He was so shambolic we had to go back to Warnock for 4 games to keep clean sheets
For all Ainsworths fault he wouldn’t of stuck SWP on the pitch whilst getting spanked 6-0 so he can get a nice clap from the oppo supporters
As for blaming GA for playing Gubbins then who’s at fault for developing players for the 1st team
Ah yes Mr Ramsey the same coach who thinks Kakay and Nico are championship full backs

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 15:37 - Aug 8 with 2371 viewsNorthernr

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 15:34 - Aug 8 by paulparker

Ramsey was a disaster considering the players we had at our disposal at that time
If you think our defending is bad now it will raise another level if Ramsey is put back in
He was so shambolic we had to go back to Warnock for 4 games to keep clean sheets
For all Ainsworths fault he wouldn’t of stuck SWP on the pitch whilst getting spanked 6-0 so he can get a nice clap from the oppo supporters
As for blaming GA for playing Gubbins then who’s at fault for developing players for the 1st team
Ah yes Mr Ramsey the same coach who thinks Kakay and Nico are championship full backs

I'm amazed there hasn't been some holding to account at the top of that academy. Paul Hall, Alex Carroll, Chris Ramsey. What are these people doing? Hall is on the bench for all the first team games now. Ramsey is on the train back from every first team away game. The academy can offer this team nothing when it's desperately in need. You've got Paul Furlong there now pro-licence qualified, and all these other people milling around over his head. The standard of player available to Gareth now should surely be seeing some people fall on some swords.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 15:52 - Aug 8 with 2284 viewsGloucs_R

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 15:37 - Aug 8 by Northernr

I'm amazed there hasn't been some holding to account at the top of that academy. Paul Hall, Alex Carroll, Chris Ramsey. What are these people doing? Hall is on the bench for all the first team games now. Ramsey is on the train back from every first team away game. The academy can offer this team nothing when it's desperately in need. You've got Paul Furlong there now pro-licence qualified, and all these other people milling around over his head. The standard of player available to Gareth now should surely be seeing some people fall on some swords.

Accountability is a word our board don't seem to understand.

I totally agree with you. It's pathetic that they are still in jobs after delivering nothing.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 15:55 - Aug 8 with 2262 viewskensalriser

And again it's so easy in hindsight to see why Beale wanted out so soon. He'd probably realised before the first game of the season the club was a shitshow. In a weird way I don't even blame him. Who wouldn't do the same?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 16:06 - Aug 8 with 2188 viewsParkRoyalR

Completely agree,

Deferring to your superior knowledge and memory, if Ainsworth fails, would you consider Ramsey as 1st Team Coach?

Hypothectically, if we could afford this change, and Ramsey fails, at least you can clear the decks for any new management team (DoF / Manager / Head of Academy - which would be an attractive proposition for the next say Ange Postecoglou) and we won't get this alledged toxic work environment where the Academy management team are just protecting their own interests and working against the 1st Team Manager, as was identified as an issue by Warburton and Beale.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 16:39 - Aug 8 with 2082 viewsdaveB

Hall is first team coach now isn't he?

I've no idea what Ramseys role is anymore
Login to get fewer ads

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 16:40 - Aug 8 with 2080 viewsthemodfather

if there is no money to spend now, where would we find the money for any replacement? cos any new man would see the issues and want immediate cash/signings.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 16:41 - Aug 8 with 2074 viewsdaveB

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 16:06 - Aug 8 by ParkRoyalR

Completely agree,

Deferring to your superior knowledge and memory, if Ainsworth fails, would you consider Ramsey as 1st Team Coach?

Hypothectically, if we could afford this change, and Ramsey fails, at least you can clear the decks for any new management team (DoF / Manager / Head of Academy - which would be an attractive proposition for the next say Ange Postecoglou) and we won't get this alledged toxic work environment where the Academy management team are just protecting their own interests and working against the 1st Team Manager, as was identified as an issue by Warburton and Beale.

If Steve Gallen comes in as DOF you can almost guarantee he puts Ramsey in as first team coach then sacks him as that's what happened to him
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 16:42 - Aug 8 with 2072 viewsRangers67

In the past it has been flagged up by some that Ramsay was useless. I had contact from someone on the coaching staff that he was clueless years ago . What is needed is a whistleblower who has been there for a few years to explain exactly what has been going on . My own suspicion and that is all it is as I have no recent inside information probably like most people on here is that there has been a clique or possibly more than one where a nice cosy little club within the club has evolved and no matter how poor you were at your job you were protected. I suspect that is the reason Warburton and Critchley left, they were banging their heads against a brick wall. Until someone who has the balls and interests of the club at heart comes out to spill the beans this farce will carry on. It,s all a failure of the top management to allow this to develop. As for Ramsay taking over, that would be worse than the bloke we have in charge now and he is bad.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 16:43 - Aug 8 with 2070 viewsdenhamhoop2

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 15:52 - Aug 8 by Gloucs_R

Accountability is a word our board don't seem to understand.

I totally agree with you. It's pathetic that they are still in jobs after delivering nothing.

+ 1000 % but not unusual in football I was just trying to think of other businesses where there is such a reward for failure. Talk is QPR cannot afford to sack Ainsworth because of the pay off yet in most jobs if people are found to be not up to the job they do not generally get paid off the rest of their contract. Mourinho and Eriksson made careers of it
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 16:44 - Aug 8 with 2052 viewspaulparker

And that’s the problem at the club it’s all to easy and cushy and has been since the owners walked in , the coaches you mentioned have been here to long without achieving anything
We are so far behind other clubs it’s scary
QPR has been run like a social club for to long ,and the chickens are coming home to roost

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 18:19 - Aug 8 with 1919 viewsHunterhoop

Is that typo? Can I take it to mean you’re saying Paul Furlong “there now pro licence qualified”?
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 18:39 - Aug 8 with 1873 viewsNorthernr

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 18:19 - Aug 8 by Hunterhoop

Is that typo? Can I take it to mean you’re saying Paul Furlong “there now pro licence qualified”?

yes sorry, posting on my phone, recently passed his pro licence.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 18:48 - Aug 8 with 1809 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 12:51 - Aug 8 by Nov77

Off the chart, literally…

That graph is incredible - if anything encapsulated where we are now, it's having negative direct speed, while also being the second worst in terms of slow and intricate build-up play on the x-axis. How the hell can we be below that line?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2023 18:53]
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 19:25 - Aug 8 with 1686 viewstraininvain

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 18:48 - Aug 8 by Wegerles_Stairs

That graph is incredible - if anything encapsulated where we are now, it's having negative direct speed, while also being the second worst in terms of slow and intricate build-up play on the x-axis. How the hell can we be below that line?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2023 18:53]

The worst part is the team is purposefully being set up to play that way. You couldn’t make it up.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 19:26 - Aug 8 with 1681 viewsJamesB1979

Well we’ve hired a performance guy now. Yet another staff member to add to the ridiculous amount of people we have on our books. But hopefully part of his remit is to do exactly what you’re saying.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 19:31 - Aug 8 with 1665 viewsbosh67

Gary O'Neil going to Wolves. Good luck to him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 19:56 - Aug 8 with 1571 viewsvanrrrr

Was impressed Watching Ipswich play on Sunday. their squad player by player is not spectacular but their recruitment has been good Especially up front and they are clearly well coached and set up under McKenna… Mass looked the business!

Shows what you can do with smart minds and a good structure in place
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 20:23 - Aug 8 with 1495 viewsdavman

Genuinely surprised that you are "amazed" that there is no accountability. This is the board that oversaw Sir Les' ultimate failure as DOF and let him resign without proactivelygetting rid. They clearly want out or would have culled him and the 150 staff running the Academy that has, collectively failed.

All the signs are that they have given up, are minimising the losses which (thankfully) they appear to be covering ahead of a take over.

The ONLY voice coming out of the club is now GA, who is clearly going to be left high and dry.

A royal mess.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 20:29 - Aug 8 with 1451 viewsLblock

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 16:42 - Aug 8 by Rangers67

In the past it has been flagged up by some that Ramsay was useless. I had contact from someone on the coaching staff that he was clueless years ago . What is needed is a whistleblower who has been there for a few years to explain exactly what has been going on . My own suspicion and that is all it is as I have no recent inside information probably like most people on here is that there has been a clique or possibly more than one where a nice cosy little club within the club has evolved and no matter how poor you were at your job you were protected. I suspect that is the reason Warburton and Critchley left, they were banging their heads against a brick wall. Until someone who has the balls and interests of the club at heart comes out to spill the beans this farce will carry on. It,s all a failure of the top management to allow this to develop. As for Ramsay taking over, that would be worse than the bloke we have in charge now and he is bad.

Years ago I posted a story I’d heard from people at the yoof team that his approach was idiotic and totally at odds with the modern day game.
Parents were scratching their heads at what he was actually trying to achieve and in the end left and ended up at a Premiership club.

As for the “clique” be very careful what you say.
History tells you certain people will be on you like a tramp on chips chucking the racist card about.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 20:37 - Aug 8 with 1431 viewsThGrimRanger

blackpool have won their opening game and are currently 2 up away to league one favs Derby.

how about a cheeky punt at poaching their manager ?

TheGrimRanger

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 20:44 - Aug 8 with 1417 viewsHunterhoop

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 20:37 - Aug 8 by ThGrimRanger

blackpool have won their opening game and are currently 2 up away to league one favs Derby.

how about a cheeky punt at poaching their manager ?

He might just be a great fit there for whatever reason. Or it’s our players…

Not sure if it’s on here, but Ainsworth setting us up in the second half 4312 shape might be a wise idea for Cardiff. Armstrong and Dykes up top with Chair in behind and then a workmanlike midfield of Field, Colback (if fit) and Duke McKenna in front of the back 4. He has to play Armstrong and Dykes. Has to.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 21:52 - Aug 8 with 1255 viewsThe_Beast1976

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 20:23 - Aug 8 by davman

Genuinely surprised that you are "amazed" that there is no accountability. This is the board that oversaw Sir Les' ultimate failure as DOF and let him resign without proactivelygetting rid. They clearly want out or would have culled him and the 150 staff running the Academy that has, collectively failed.

All the signs are that they have given up, are minimising the losses which (thankfully) they appear to be covering ahead of a take over.

The ONLY voice coming out of the club is now GA, who is clearly going to be left high and dry.

A royal mess.

Suspect you are probably right (I'm that the owners are now winding down for a sharp exit)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024