Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window 11:34 - Aug 9 with 5744 viewsnumptydumpty

Sam Field in his position, clearly the most effective player at our club last season.

Never seems to have a bad game, despite all the nonsense going on arounds him.

Rumoured heavily he is on his way to Glasgow Rangers or Burnley.

Can't see any other outcome in that he will leave, and either I feel would be preferable for his own career than playing in a losing team for much longer.

Also seen as Colback has come in also. See that as a straight swap in the squad for Sam.

It's not great clearly ie best player in recent times but will hopefully give us a few more pennies to spend on loan players or free or cheap purchases.

Just wondered, do others feel it's inevitable he is on his way.

[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 11:35]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 11:48 - Aug 9 with 5601 viewsstantheman10

I would say almost definite to leave especially as his contract runs out in the summer of 2024
Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 11:50 - Aug 9 with 5586 viewsconnell10

Nope.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 11:58 - Aug 9 with 5490 viewsChrisNW6

Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 11:48 - Aug 9 by stantheman10

I would say almost definite to leave especially as his contract runs out in the summer of 2024

Isn't there a one year option
Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 12:02 - Aug 9 with 5461 viewsstantheman10

Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 11:58 - Aug 9 by ChrisNW6

Don't think so but even if there is the club would get more money for him if he went now
Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 12:06 - Aug 9 with 5421 viewsdmm

Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 11:58 - Aug 9 by ChrisNW6

Yes
Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 12:50 - Aug 9 with 5185 viewsQPR_Jim

To be honest I would sell, there's no point hanging on because he's our most effective player, we should sell while we can get something for him and replace with someone with the potential to be just as good if not better.

We held on too long with Willock and possibly Dieng so aren't getting what they were worth when in reality replacing one or both last summer probably wouldn't have made much difference to last season but would have given us more room this season.

If there's interest and decent offers we should go for it because he could get injured at any time and even if he stays fit there's nothing about the current team that suggest he'll have the kind of season that would increase his value.
Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 13:07 - Aug 9 with 5107 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Such a shame Eze lost that year after he left us; his game would be further advanced. Now Palace have lost Zaha and Olise being sniffed, they'll not want to lose Eze.

We should be seeing a tussle between City, Real, Bayern, PSG, and assorted Als from Saudi nudging the fee up near £100m.

Come on Pep, he's nailed on as your replacement for Gundogan.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 13:10 - Aug 9 with 5081 viewsdaveB

If we get a bid for any player we should take it.
I like Field but he's not irreplaceable
Login to get fewer ads

Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 13:15 - Aug 9 with 5032 viewsLanhoop

Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 13:10 - Aug 9 by daveB

If we get a bid for any player THAT MATCHES OUR VALUATION we should take it.
Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 13:23 - Aug 9 with 4950 viewsspencer

Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 13:10 - Aug 9 by daveB

Not sure what his current transfer value is... I also think he needs to kick his career on now and sadly that may not be with us.
For me, has been my favourite player for past two seasons, but agree if we get an offer and that helps us elsewhere ..take it

Jack Colback seems to be his replacement so assume we could drag this out till just before window closes.

I would sell Willock / Dozzell / as well ...
Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 13:29 - Aug 9 with 4897 viewsSimonJames

We should be willing to sell anyone who we would not be able to hold onto in League One, as that is very likely where we are headed.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 13:37 - Aug 9 with 4832 viewskensalriser

All I've seen is one poor clickbait piece, so until there are any verifiable fact based reports, no.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 14:48 - Aug 9 with 4603 viewsdmm

I agree Field should be sold if the price is right but there better be a replacement lined up to play alongside Colback as present options really do not cut the mustard.

It's a funny saying that as I always use a spoon for mustard.
Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 15:11 - Aug 9 with 4488 viewsDavieQPR

No good imagining he's gone. Bit like all thoughs that thought Chair and Willock would definitely be gone by now. Posters reverting to clickbait now?
Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 20:02 - Aug 9 with 3923 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 12:50 - Aug 9 by QPR_Jim

To be honest I would sell, there's no point hanging on because he's our most effective player, we should sell while we can get something for him and replace with someone with the potential to be just as good if not better.

We held on too long with Willock and possibly Dieng so aren't getting what they were worth when in reality replacing one or both last summer probably wouldn't have made much difference to last season but would have given us more room this season.

If there's interest and decent offers we should go for it because he could get injured at any time and even if he stays fit there's nothing about the current team that suggest he'll have the kind of season that would increase his value.

Yeah, we often pull that off, don't we? Sell an asset and then bring in an upgrade, I mean.
I'm thinking Sinclair for Sinton 20 years ago was probably the last time it happened. After that, I'm struggling.

As I've argued there are no more than three or four we should keep, however, I guess that means I think we should 'asset' strip and sink. If Ainsworth can't motivate, integrate and play to the strengths of Willock, Chair and Richards, sadly, we might as well flog the lot and give up the ghost for the foreseeable.

Can we just shake hands and finish the season now?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 20:02]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 20:11 - Aug 9 with 3871 viewsHAMRanger

Sam Field is a very ordinary player. Runs about a lot. That's it. I'd rather we made some money on him rather than selling Willock or Chair.
Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 20:32 - Aug 9 with 3766 viewsBushRanger82

Well, he might as well go and win fack all with Burnley, rather than stay at Rangers and win fack all with us.

Then again, he's got the Glasgow Rangers option. Go up there and try and get out from under Celtic's shadow, and win the Scottish Mickey Mouse Premiership.

Either way, nobody will be talking about Sam Field in 10 years time.
Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 21:26 - Aug 9 with 3559 viewsdmm

As much as I dislike Beale's Grangers, even if Field did end up there I'd wish him all the best. The lad has been an exemplary player for us.
Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 21:36 - Aug 9 with 3509 viewsrobith

Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 20:11 - Aug 9 by HAMRanger

Sam Field is a very ordinary player. Runs about a lot. That's it. I'd rather we made some money on him rather than selling Willock or Chair.

Lol
Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 21:38 - Aug 9 with 3478 viewsahoz

Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 20:02 - Aug 9 by stainrods_elbow

Yeah, we often pull that off, don't we? Sell an asset and then bring in an upgrade, I mean.
I'm thinking Sinclair for Sinton 20 years ago was probably the last time it happened. After that, I'm struggling.

As I've argued there are no more than three or four we should keep, however, I guess that means I think we should 'asset' strip and sink. If Ainsworth can't motivate, integrate and play to the strengths of Willock, Chair and Richards, sadly, we might as well flog the lot and give up the ghost for the foreseeable.

Can we just shake hands and finish the season now?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 20:02]

I think Stainrods summed it up. As it stands, unless GA can motivate Willock Chair and Richards then we have little hope this season
Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 21:52 - Aug 9 with 3405 viewsnumptydumpty

Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 21:38 - Aug 9 by ahoz

I think Stainrods summed it up. As it stands, unless GA can motivate Willock Chair and Richards then we have little hope this season

Well GA is not going motivate them by dropping them entirely or putting them on in the 97th minute.

Think especially with Willock and Chair this is more about Ainsworth than the players.

Richards has done nothing as yet but GA should be focused on Willock and Chair linking up as when that has been working, we work and when it doesn't we don't.

But GA has not worked that out yet..
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 21:52]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 03:40 - Aug 10 with 3040 viewsstrikerace

Who exactly replaces him? We can not just sell our best players because some other team wants them. We will never build a good side then, might as well just go straight to League Two
Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 05:52 - Aug 10 with 2952 viewsSimplyNico

Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 21:26 - Aug 9 by dmm

As much as I dislike Beale's Grangers, even if Field did end up there I'd wish him all the best. The lad has been an exemplary player for us.

They haven't got the money. The SPL has Championship income levels.
Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 06:02 - Aug 10 with 2913 viewsjohnhoop

Sam Field - Leaving this transfer window on 03:40 - Aug 10 by strikerace

Who exactly replaces him? We can not just sell our best players because some other team wants them. We will never build a good side then, might as well just go straight to League Two

This. If we sell Sam Field then instead of replacing the nebulous Dozzell with Colback to strengthen the midfield, we’ll be back to a midfield of Colback and Dozzell, which looks even more fragile than the one that disappeared against Watford last Saturday.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 9:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024