Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Michael Parkinson 10:12 - Aug 17 with 8202 viewsted_hendrix

Bloke was a chat show legend.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

RIP Michael Parkinson on 20:33 - Aug 18 with 943 viewsPinnerR

RIP Michael Parkinson on 20:26 - Aug 18 by Superhoops2808

Dickie Bird was also on BBC Breakfast this morning and in tears.

Also funny that he said Parky kept Boycott out of the team on more than one occasion - A lovely insight into a great man who clearly made his guests feel very comfortable.

I will still remember the Beckhams on there... Golden Balls

I read that when a teenage Boycott was pushing for a place, Parky, opening with Dickie Bird, scored 100 in one match, followed by 50 in the next, so Boycs was sent back to the stiffs!
RIP Michael Parkinson on 20:38 - Aug 18 with 934 viewsSuperhoops2808

RIP Michael Parkinson on 20:33 - Aug 18 by PinnerR

I read that when a teenage Boycott was pushing for a place, Parky, opening with Dickie Bird, scored 100 in one match, followed by 50 in the next, so Boycs was sent back to the stiffs!

That may have been the story he was telling

I was listening from trap 2 so not fully focused
RIP Michael Parkinson on 21:12 - Aug 18 with 889 viewsBoston

RIP Michael Parkinson on 21:50 - Aug 17 by BlackCrowe

He was the UK master of chat show interviews. Dick Lovett in the US was the same...check him out on youtube...all the Hollywood, sport and music A listers...both he and they at ease and open with each other throughout...it's glorious insightful stuff.

Dick Cavett. Yes, he did seem to play well with A-listers, but he had a broad range of interests and regularly had guests from those areas. Didn't half wear some dodgy suits on occasion.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

RIP Michael Parkinson on 21:37 - Aug 18 with 864 viewsdigswellhoop

please forgive me im 66 years old, please all people watch him then react to what we we have now
RIP Michael Parkinson on 13:05 - Aug 24 with 686 viewsrbee

I don't remember this at all

RIP Michael Parkinson on 13:49 - Aug 24 with 598 viewsrbee

Speaking of Dick Lovett I like the interview he did with Richard Burton. Here is a snippet. It's very slow but worth it. I never knew about the great coal face, amazing stuff.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024