Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last train back from Southampton 10:10 - Aug 21 with 9839 viewsRangersw12

Looks like the last train back from Southampton is 17.45 on Sat.

We will have to get the 17.15 as last train to MK is 19.18 🙄

Last train back from Southampton on 06:44 - Aug 22 with 3287 viewsDannyPaddox

Last train back from Southampton on 12:11 - Aug 21 by dmm

For Danny Paddox who is going to the game and, I know, just loves this tune.

Here you go Danny

Fuk da trains. Roadrunning it down the M3!
Last train back from Southampton on 08:07 - Aug 22 with 3178 viewsenfieldargh

For those driving if you exit M27 for Soton Docks take the outer (right)lane on the sliproad(Romsey) and not inside lane of the sliproad which will trail right back onto the M'way as at rounabout a second left lane appears, just saves a few seconds.

Failing that be a Londoner and cut in.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Last train back from Southampton on 09:28 - Aug 22 with 3050 viewsE17hoop

Looks like I'll be driving now. What's the parking like there and any suggestions as to where it's OK?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Last train back from Southampton on 09:37 - Aug 22 with 3022 viewsJames_Paddocks

Last train back from Southampton on 09:28 - Aug 22 by E17hoop

Looks like I'll be driving now. What's the parking like there and any suggestions as to where it's OK?

There's a few multi storey car parks dotted about. I've managed to book someone's driveway on the your parking space app. Prices are outrageous though. £13 to park 25 minutes walk away ffs...
Last train back from Southampton on 10:22 - Aug 24 with 2606 viewsWatford_Ranger

Last train back from Southampton on 09:28 - Aug 22 by E17hoop

Bear in mind it’s also Southampton Pride this weekend and with the strikes expect roads to be double busy. A mate advised me to park in the Woolston area which is the other side of the bridge heading east out of town after the game which is a 30 min walk but might be a better bet than getting near to the ground.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2023 10:59]
Last train back from Southampton on 10:43 - Aug 24 with 2550 viewsleananger

I am so glad that I decided to not get away tickets this season.
Last train back from Southampton on 10:58 - Aug 24 with 2507 viewskernowhoop

Last train back from Southampton on 05:39 - Aug 22 by stowmarketrange

It derailed a few years ago.

At Kneesdone.
Last train back from Southampton on 11:48 - Aug 24 with 2374 viewsmikeyhg

Last train back from Southampton on 10:58 - Aug 24 by kernowhoop

At Kneesdone.

So are most people who aren't driving thinking train down and coach back?
Login to get fewer ads

Last train back from Southampton on 12:49 - Aug 24 with 2248 viewsactonman

Refunded my train tickets this morning …. F u kin fuming as don’t get many sunny Saturday away days at fairly easy inexpensive south coast grounds in august that I can attend !!

Now going to be a 12 hour round trip in the car while drinking Pepsi max while trying to enjoy the football and whatever lottery performance churned out.

Fcuk the train unions ! Fcuk you mick lynch , the only people you have inconvenienced with your fking strike is normal people trying to enjoy a bank holiday weekend away from work

Bstards !!
Last train back from Southampton on 14:33 - Aug 24 with 2158 viewseastside_r

Last train back from Southampton on 12:49 - Aug 24 by actonman

Refunded my train tickets this morning …. F u kin fuming as don’t get many sunny Saturday away days at fairly easy inexpensive south coast grounds in august that I can attend !!

Now going to be a 12 hour round trip in the car while drinking Pepsi max while trying to enjoy the football and whatever lottery performance churned out.

Fcuk the train unions ! Fcuk you mick lynch , the only people you have inconvenienced with your fking strike is normal people trying to enjoy a bank holiday weekend away from work

Bstards !!

Can you confirm, did you apply for that refund or did the train company take it upon themselves to do this?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2023 14:33]
Last train back from Southampton on 14:53 - Aug 24 with 2119 viewsactonman

Last train back from Southampton on 14:33 - Aug 24 by eastside_r

Can you confirm, did you apply for that refund or did the train company take it upon themselves to do this?

Went on the Trainline app and clicked on the refund bit and that was it ?, was fairly straightforward tbh
Last train back from Southampton on 15:01 - Aug 24 with 2097 viewseastside_r

Last train back from Southampton on 14:53 - Aug 24 by actonman

Went on the Trainline app and clicked on the refund bit and that was it ?, was fairly straightforward tbh

Thanks.

Wasn’t clear (to me at least) whether you proactively decided to do this OR whether the train company said ‘this service is no longer running, so here’s your money back’. Although, now I think about it, that would have been quite unlikely.
Last train back from Southampton on 16:24 - Aug 24 with 1944 viewseastside_r

Decided to cut my losses and book a return coach ticket.

I booked two Advance singles just 2 hours before the strike was announced. With the revised schedules, neither of those exact trains now exist. So I must be able to get a refund???

Worst case scenario is I burn the 25 quid that the tickets cost me (together with a gob-bumming from Southampton.)
Last train back from Southampton on 17:10 - Aug 24 with 1860 viewsSambadiakate

Last train back from Southampton on 10:22 - Aug 24 by Watford_Ranger

Bear in mind it’s also Southampton Pride this weekend and with the strikes expect roads to be double busy. A mate advised me to park in the Woolston area which is the other side of the bridge heading east out of town after the game which is a 30 min walk but might be a better bet than getting near to the ground.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2023 10:59]

Literally made an account just to agree with this. Get off at junction 7 on the M27 for hedge end and park up in woolston or bursledon. Walk over the bridge to the ground. If you cross the Itchen Bridge there's ocean village which has spoons and isn't too far from the ground. It's also victorious festival in Portsmouth for those coming down the A3/M27. I'm just on the cusp of the new forest getting the bus in and have a summerhouse bar in the back garden all sorted
Last train back from Southampton on 09:05 - Aug 25 with 1602 viewstoboboly

Last train back from Southampton on 16:24 - Aug 24 by eastside_r

I booked two Advance singles just 2 hours before the strike was announced. With the revised schedules, neither of those exact trains now exist. So I must be able to get a refund???

Worst case scenario is I burn the 25 quid that the tickets cost me (together with a gob-bumming from Southampton.)

Normally you have to wait for the day in question to pass before applying for a refund, not sure with these strikes whether they will accept an earlier refund claim. You will get a refund but make sure you keep all your paperwork as the forms are crap and want every little bit of info.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Last train back from Southampton on 09:07 - Aug 25 with 1597 viewsRangersw12

Last train back from Southampton on 16:24 - Aug 24 by eastside_r

Depending who you booked with but refund option is very easy on strike days

It's literally a click of a button
Last train back from Southampton on 11:36 - Aug 25 with 1418 viewsQPR_Hibs

Last train back from Southampton on 09:07 - Aug 25 by Rangersw12

Depending who you booked with but refund option is very easy on strike days

It's literally a click of a button

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/train-delays/#cancelled

All the information you need is here.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Last train back from Southampton on 16:26 - Aug 25 with 1244 viewsE17hoop

Nice summary of the clusterfudge that will be happening when travelling tomorrow. https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/60725/

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Last train back from Southampton on 16:36 - Aug 25 with 1212 viewsdaveB

Last train back from Southampton on 16:26 - Aug 25 by E17hoop

Nice summary of the clusterfudge that will be happening when travelling tomorrow. https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/60725/

this sounds a nightmare, going to away games has never been more difficult than the last 18 months
Last train back from Southampton on 19:57 - Aug 25 with 1026 viewsHayesender

Last train back from Southampton on 14:33 - Aug 24 by eastside_r

You'd think they'd make it easy to get a refund for a service they're not running, but no. Bought my train tickets through the southern app, but had to physically go to the station to get a refund.

Popped into Littlehampton train station yesterday, and the bloody ticket office was shut, so had to pop back again today

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024