Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greenwood 22:48 - Aug 21 with 16427 viewshoops_legend

Would you take a risk on him given he’s leaving Man Utd. I think hes done a very bad thing and clearly isn’t a nice guy but I don’t think he’s quite as scummy as some people make out. Perhaps deserves a second chance

Should qpr offer him that?
Greenwood on 17:59 - Aug 22 with 2699 viewsSuperhoops2808

I don't think some people here understand the meaning of controlling and coercive behaviour

And, if he has done 'nothing wrong' then why does he feel the need to admit he has 'made mistakes' and take a 'share of responsibility' - Of what exactly?

If I was a female, I would be reluctant to report anything similar to GMP

And finally, why, if you have done NOTHING wrong, would you be happy to walk away from one of the biggest clubs in Europe without first fully clearing your name of any doubt whatsoever?
Greenwood on 18:01 - Aug 22 with 2651 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Greenwood on 17:14 - Aug 22 by ed_83

Exactly. Ran the whole thing through someone with no legal qualifications or experience managing investigations of this kind, didn't even speak to the alleged victim, allowed Greenwood's statement to go out with glaring factual inaccuracies, and still felt confident enough to form a conclusion on what really happened. Extraordinarily telling as to their priorities and aims.

Before posting any more inaccuracies, read the article. The alleged victim and her family participated in Man United's investigation and were given the opportunity to review and correct their factual findings.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2023 18:22]
Greenwood on 18:03 - Aug 22 with 2642 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Greenwood on 17:57 - Aug 22 by ed_83

Okay, and was that request made before or after Greenwood first contacted the alleged victim in breach of his bail conditions? He was arrested for that in October, but court reports suggest he’d been in contact for months beforehand. What were the circumstances in which the request to drop the case was made, particularly given that the charges included coercive control? How confident should we be in United’s ability to speak on behalf of the alleged victim, given that they didn’t actually talk to her as part of their investigation?

These are rhetorical questions, really. I’m very aware that we’re never going to convince each other of anything. Hopefully the point I’m making about the lack of concrete facts available from the information which has been made public is relatively clear, though.

I'm not seeking to convince you of anything. I'm merely spitting facts whilst you indulge in conjecture and ask leading rhetorical questions.
Greenwood on 18:06 - Aug 22 with 2655 viewsNorthernr

I’m going out for dinner.

This is fair warning that I’ll not only lock the thread but also be deleting accounts when I get back if it doesn’t row back from the seventh circle of hell.
Greenwood on 18:09 - Aug 22 with 2648 viewsed_83

Greenwood on 18:01 - Aug 22 by Benny_the_Ball

Before posting any more inaccuracies, read the article. The alleged victim and her family participated in Man United's investigation and were given the opportunity to review and correct their factual findings.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2023 18:22]

They didn't speak to the alleged victim though.

You can form whatever view you like about whether speaking to her family is a sufficient alternative. I'm just noting the facts of who they did and didn't engage with directly.

Bowing out now, wary of giving Clive any more unnecessary headaches.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2023 18:10]
Greenwood on 18:14 - Aug 22 with 2593 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Greenwood on 17:59 - Aug 22 by Superhoops2808

I don't think some people here understand the meaning of controlling and coercive behaviour

And, if he has done 'nothing wrong' then why does he feel the need to admit he has 'made mistakes' and take a 'share of responsibility' - Of what exactly?

If I was a female, I would be reluctant to report anything similar to GMP

And finally, why, if you have done NOTHING wrong, would you be happy to walk away from one of the biggest clubs in Europe without first fully clearing your name of any doubt whatsoever?

Conversely, if Mason is guilty of these hideous crimes, why would his partner remain with him, get engaged and have his baby?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/23059717/mason-greenwoods-girlfriend-harriet-robs

Newsflash, women are also capable of controlling and coercive behaviour. At 23, Mason's partner is a university graduate, successful model, social media influencer, and content creator. I think she's smart enough to know her own mind and run rings around a young man from a council estate who became too rich, too fast.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2023 18:15]
Greenwood on 18:21 - Aug 22 with 2568 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Greenwood on 18:09 - Aug 22 by ed_83

They didn't speak to the alleged victim though.

You can form whatever view you like about whether speaking to her family is a sufficient alternative. I'm just noting the facts of who they did and didn't engage with directly.

Bowing out now, wary of giving Clive any more unnecessary headaches.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2023 18:10]

Of course they did. She's still with him! Do you honestly think that Man United could exclude her from the investigation for 6 months? Even if they tried, her family would insist on her involvement.
Greenwood on 18:24 - Aug 22 with 2586 viewsGroveR

Greenwood on 10:03 - Aug 22 by connell10

Now Rashford a definite....Yes...lovely lad .

Unless you happen to be a Tory MP.
Login to get fewer ads

Greenwood on 18:29 - Aug 22 with 2530 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Greenwood on 14:58 - Aug 22 by CLAREMAN1995

Simple yet excellent post there stevec.Its a no win situation for everybody when a charge of sexual assault is brought forward .If the man is guilty then let the hammer on God fall on him and do the time for the crime (Father of daughters typing ).If the girl /woman falsely accuses the male of rape and destroys his reputation and life basically then let the hand of justice deliver on her a similiar punishment ( father of son typing ).
In this case I fear the celebrity and money involved may have clouded the case but if they are comitting to a life together raising a family who is wrong ?.
Greenwood will go abroad I suspect .Look at the outcry for Zuma with the cat cruelty now bring that that up 1000% at any English stadium if MG runs out that tunnel

This. Perfect note to end on. I suspect that neither of those things will happen in the short-term given that they are still together, have started a family, and plan to get married.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2023 18:30]
Greenwood on 18:38 - Aug 22 with 2507 viewsSuperhoops2808

Greenwood on 18:14 - Aug 22 by Benny_the_Ball

Conversely, if Mason is guilty of these hideous crimes, why would his partner remain with him, get engaged and have his baby?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/23059717/mason-greenwoods-girlfriend-harriet-robs

Newsflash, women are also capable of controlling and coercive behaviour. At 23, Mason's partner is a university graduate, successful model, social media influencer, and content creator. I think she's smart enough to know her own mind and run rings around a young man from a council estate who became too rich, too fast.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2023 18:15]

Shocked you would put a link to that rag. Not even going to bother!!

My sister, who is virtually blind, was in a relationship for almost 30 years and for much of that her partner was coercive and controlling and some of the things we have only recently found out since they split last year has made our blood boil. There is every likelihood they would be together if he had not met someone half his age (good luck to her).

She has been to Kent Police and they have done very little with the matter. She would not have had the courage to report it while he was living there.

Anyway, I have my thoughts on this as clearly do you, but the way this has all been played out in the public eye will undoubtedly make women (or Men) think twice before reporting to the police, that is for sure.

I too will leave it there, rather than tipping Clive over the edge as we are unlikely to agree on anything on this subject anyway,
Greenwood on 19:00 - Aug 22 with 2400 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Greenwood on 18:38 - Aug 22 by Superhoops2808

Shocked you would put a link to that rag. Not even going to bother!!

My sister, who is virtually blind, was in a relationship for almost 30 years and for much of that her partner was coercive and controlling and some of the things we have only recently found out since they split last year has made our blood boil. There is every likelihood they would be together if he had not met someone half his age (good luck to her).

She has been to Kent Police and they have done very little with the matter. She would not have had the courage to report it while he was living there.

Anyway, I have my thoughts on this as clearly do you, but the way this has all been played out in the public eye will undoubtedly make women (or Men) think twice before reporting to the police, that is for sure.

I too will leave it there, rather than tipping Clive over the edge as we are unlikely to agree on anything on this subject anyway,

Regardless of our respective positions on this topic, saddened and shocked to hear of your sister's experiences. If she was mistreated, absolutely her ex should be held to account.

However, know that coercive and controlling behaviour runs both ways. I have a cousin who was psychologically abused by his ex-wife to the extent that he tried to commit suicide by consuming a bottle of bleach. I happened to be visiting him when I noticed his front door slightly ajar. When I forced it open I found him laying unconscious on the floor beside an empty bottle of Domestos. Thankfully, his stomach was pumped and he survived. However, he doesn't thank for it; quite the opposite in fact.

I have a friend who was a dutiful husband and loving father. His wife was having an affair with a friend whilst he was at work. Despite her being in the wrong, she kept the kid and the house, and cleaned him out. He now lives in a bedsit whilst she moved her lover into the property that he continues to pay for. Down the line, she had 2 further kids with said lover. In light of this, my friend went back to court to ask them to amend the original order. They refused and insisted that my friend continue to put a roof over their heads.

I have another friend who was married with a young baby. After a while, he started feeling unwell. Despite visits to medics, he couldn't work out what was causing the illness. After a while he decided to fit cameras in his home. On reviewing the footage, he found that his partner was trying to poison him. It went to trial but she was acquitted on the grounds that she was suffering from post-natal depression and was therefore not responsible for her actions. She's now threatening to take the baby out of the country and he's spending a small fortune on injunctions to prevent her from doing so.
Greenwood on 19:30 - Aug 22 with 2361 viewsdenhamhoop2

Greenwood on 09:18 - Aug 22 by Landshark

Agreed. But apparently it's all just a "witch hunt" because he's a footballer and an easy target.

So nothing to do with a very rich man being able to afford excellent counsel and the usual scenario in "rape" cases where the victim is quite often exposed to full discussion of any sexual relations they have had in the past. Then throw in her being his "girlfriend" and subject to his controlling and bullying nature day in day making her feel probably like she is in the wrong.
Let me say that I wish that football for once would put the greater good and society as a whole to the front rather than how good someone can kick a ball and ostracise this sad excuse of an individual
So in case you haven't guessed it's F*** No from me
Greenwood on 19:32 - Aug 22 with 2360 viewsdenhamhoop2

Greenwood on 15:29 - Aug 22 by ed_83

Bit flabbergasted by some of the opinions expressed in this thread, but entirely unsurprised by the people spouting them.

Greenwood wasn't acquitted, his alleged victim withdrew her statement and refused to cooperate with police after Greenwood broke his bail conditions by contacting her while awaiting trial. For a case involving allegations of coercive control, that sequence of events should give people serious pause for thought regardless of the judicial outcome.

It's also important to acknowledge that if this had happened to some unknown reserve team player rather than one of England's most talented young strikers, we would not be having this conversation: he'd have had his contract torn up immediately, regardless of innocence or guilt. The only reason there was ever a discussion about Greenwood going back to United or continuing his career elsewhere is because it serves extremely powerful footballing and financial interests to see him rehabilitated.

It's exactly the same as happened with Derby and Keogh - he was disposable so they disposed of him, the other two players who actually caused the crash were valuable assets, so they got a free pass.

Football's always overlooked appalling behaviour in this way, and the people sticking up for Greenwood in this thread are clearly in substantial company. But I think it says something very sad about our society that we place more value on the right of specific men to continue earning millions kicking a ball around than our collective moral responsibility to take a stand on these kinds of issues.

This might be my favourite ever post on here
Greenwood on 20:00 - Aug 22 with 2286 viewsClive_Anderson

Wasn't he recorded doing what he was alleged to have done?

No thanks.

Also he looks like a complete cnt.
Greenwood on 20:17 - Aug 22 with 2277 viewsLordPork

He had a case to answer, according to the CPS, until their key witness withdrew.

Draw your own conclusions from that....personally to me it seems self evident.

Supposing in 3 or 4 years time when playing for Anybody FC and he scores 30+ in a season, would he be on the radar of playing for England?

as for the proposition of him playing for us, joke, but not very funny.
Greenwood on 20:56 - Aug 22 with 2217 viewsNortholt_Rs

He’s one million percent a wrong ‘un.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2023 21:08]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Greenwood on 21:07 - Aug 22 with 2202 viewsNortholt_Rs

Greenwood on 17:10 - Aug 22 by Benny_the_Ball

No you get f out of here with your guilty regardless despite the charges being dropped after a year of investigations by the Police, CPS and Man United.

If he’s innocent why are Man United getting rid of him? Surely, they’d stand up for an innocent man?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Greenwood on 22:25 - Aug 22 with 2089 viewsBklynRanger

Greenwood on 19:00 - Aug 22 by Benny_the_Ball

Regardless of our respective positions on this topic, saddened and shocked to hear of your sister's experiences. If she was mistreated, absolutely her ex should be held to account.

However, know that coercive and controlling behaviour runs both ways. I have a cousin who was psychologically abused by his ex-wife to the extent that he tried to commit suicide by consuming a bottle of bleach. I happened to be visiting him when I noticed his front door slightly ajar. When I forced it open I found him laying unconscious on the floor beside an empty bottle of Domestos. Thankfully, his stomach was pumped and he survived. However, he doesn't thank for it; quite the opposite in fact.

I have a friend who was a dutiful husband and loving father. His wife was having an affair with a friend whilst he was at work. Despite her being in the wrong, she kept the kid and the house, and cleaned him out. He now lives in a bedsit whilst she moved her lover into the property that he continues to pay for. Down the line, she had 2 further kids with said lover. In light of this, my friend went back to court to ask them to amend the original order. They refused and insisted that my friend continue to put a roof over their heads.

I have another friend who was married with a young baby. After a while, he started feeling unwell. Despite visits to medics, he couldn't work out what was causing the illness. After a while he decided to fit cameras in his home. On reviewing the footage, he found that his partner was trying to poison him. It went to trial but she was acquitted on the grounds that she was suffering from post-natal depression and was therefore not responsible for her actions. She's now threatening to take the baby out of the country and he's spending a small fortune on injunctions to prevent her from doing so.

So you don't agree with those court decisions. In fact they seem to be part of your basis for these strident views. Interesting.

Go back to calling everyone snowflakes - I quite enjoyed that. All this Netflix psychodrama is a bit much.
Greenwood on 00:42 - Aug 23 with 1954 viewsSydneyRs

Can't we just sign Alex Greenwood instead? Just had a very good world cup.
Greenwood on 11:22 - Aug 23 with 1716 viewsstainrods_elbow

Or Ron Greenwood? I'm fairly sure he never (allegedly) coerced a young model, though perhaps we could ask Mrs Greenwood.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Greenwood on 12:23 - Aug 23 with 1618 viewskernowhoop

Maybe the discussion should end here and be moved to The Greenwood?
Greenwood on 12:31 - Aug 23 with 1602 viewsChrisNW6

Greenwood on 12:23 - Aug 23 by kernowhoop

Maybe the discussion should end here and be moved to The Greenwood?

After it was agreed to leave Man Utd by mutual consent, he had to ask his lawyers what consent meant.

Let's close this thread now.
Greenwood on 14:19 - Aug 23 with 1467 viewsed_83

Greenwood on 18:21 - Aug 22 by Benny_the_Ball

Of course they did. She's still with him! Do you honestly think that Man United could exclude her from the investigation for 6 months? Even if they tried, her family would insist on her involvement.

Absolutely the last thing I'm going to post in this thread, but this is from the Athletic a couple of days ago:

"United’s inquiries, the club say, lasted five months as they sought to gain a broader understanding of the audio and images that brought this case into the public domain. United spoke with Greenwood during the enquiries but did not have direct contact with the complainant.

Instead, they spoke with her mother, with the knowledge of the complainant. The club say that both the complainant and her mother received the opportunity to both comment on or correct the club’s factual findings, but the club says she did not choose to do so."

https://archive.is/2snAu

Whether or not you think interviewing her mum and offering a right of reply is an acceptable substitute, it is true to say that United didn't speak directly to the alleged victim as part of their investigation.

I really am going to leave it there, but wanted to just correct that specific point.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2023 14:22]
Greenwood on 16:03 - Aug 23 with 1316 viewsHayesender

Adam Johnson about to sign for Barnsley according to reports coming out.

Thought's?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Greenwood on 16:45 - Aug 23 with 1251 viewsdenhamhoop2

Greenwood on 16:03 - Aug 23 by Hayesender

Adam Johnson about to sign for Barnsley according to reports coming out.

Thought's?

That you are trying to make Norf's head explode
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024