Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth on Today (S'land) 18:27 - Sep 16 with 9445 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 18:41 - Sep 16 with 4951 viewsDamo1962

Sinclair needs to be more intelligent the way he uses his strength, otherwise he will never make the grade unfortunately. And I don't know why Gareth is laughing about another surrender at home. He needs something on Tuesday... that's for sure.
Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 18:55 - Sep 16 with 4899 viewsHunterhoop

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 18:41 - Sep 16 by Damo1962

Sinclair needs to be more intelligent the way he uses his strength, otherwise he will never make the grade unfortunately. And I don't know why Gareth is laughing about another surrender at home. He needs something on Tuesday... that's for sure.

It wasn’t a surrender. That is complete nonsense and unhelpful.

The players gave their all today. They put in real shifts.

They played 68 mins, plus 18 mins of injury time with with 10 men against a play off team from last season, and a ref could have us absolutely nothing.

Surrender is ridiculously harsh.
Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 18:59 - Sep 16 with 4886 viewsconnell10

We had a player sent off mate , but crack on.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:02 - Sep 16 with 4815 viewsstainrods_elbow

Hopefully he's also have the guts to give Colback a kick up the arse in private too, get some coaching into Armstrong, and show the nous to instigate a team shape/approach on Tuesday that actually makes sense at home! His interview tonight is both baffling and worrying.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:10 - Sep 16 with 4804 viewstraininvain

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 18:55 - Sep 16 by Hunterhoop

They played 68 mins, plus 18 mins of injury time with with 10 men against a play off team from last season, and a ref could have us absolutely nothing.

It wasn’t a complete surrender but we’re far too willing to drop deep and concede possession at home which is an issue. Our home form will get us relegated if this carries on and we don’t find a way to play on the front foot.

Granted we had a player sent off today but even before the sending off we were happy to let Sunderland have possession. It might work away from home but our form at Loftus road under Ainsworth is becoming a major issue.
Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:13 - Sep 16 with 4776 viewsQPRConor2000

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:10 - Sep 16 by traininvain

It wasn’t a complete surrender but we’re far too willing to drop deep and concede possession at home which is an issue. Our home form will get us relegated if this carries on and we don’t find a way to play on the front foot.

Granted we had a player sent off today but even before the sending off we were happy to let Sunderland have possession. It might work away from home but our form at Loftus road under Ainsworth is becoming a major issue.

Its 6 games in, its not like we are on the verge of relegation or something.
Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:14 - Sep 16 with 4773 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:10 - Sep 16 by traininvain

The thing I can't decide, genuinely, is what was our plan to get the ball to Armstrong.

We played 5-3-1, an dthe 5 and 3 were very deep, we seemed to have no link-man, no transition plan, leaving Armstrong isolated, and even if he got the ball he had no-one to pass it to.

For those at the game - would it have worked going to 4 at the back straight after the red, allowing us to play another attacker/attacking midfielder?

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:15 - Sep 16 with 4755 viewstraininvain

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:13 - Sep 16 by QPRConor2000

But it’s how many home games under Ainsworth and how many wins?

I’m not panicking or calling for his head but it is a genuine reason for concern and it needs to be addressed.
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:20 - Sep 16 with 4713 viewstraininvain

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:14 - Sep 16 by BrianMcCarthy

The thing I can't decide, genuinely, is what was our plan to get the ball to Armstrong.

We played 5-3-1, an dthe 5 and 3 were very deep, we seemed to have no link-man, no transition plan, leaving Armstrong isolated, and even if he got the ball he had no-one to pass it to.

For those at the game - would it have worked going to 4 at the back straight after the red, allowing us to play another attacker/attacking midfielder?

I was at the game and the plan after the red was to sit deep and try to hit Armstrong in the hope that he could create something or maybe pinch a goal off a set piece.

It was better in the second half when Willock came on and looked sharper than I’ve seen him in a while. Presumably needs to put himself in the shop window to get a move in January or next summer which could work in our favour in the short term.

I’d like to see Armstrong and Dykes start vs Swansea. Or find a way get Willock in the team.
Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:24 - Sep 16 with 4667 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

He should have switched straight away. Bring SDM for Smyth (who was awful today, can't defend for toffee), and then push Chair behind Armstrong.
Completely baffled by the formation after the sending off. It was almost inviting them to attack.
Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:25 - Sep 16 with 4664 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 18:55 - Sep 16 by Hunterhoop

I disagree - it’s not harsh, it’s complete and utter bo11ocls.

Have a go at Colback if you absolutely must but there was nothing surrendered there.
Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:26 - Sep 16 with 4660 viewsessextaxiboy

I thought he got it wrong after the red card . Sitting deep and inviting them on for an hour was never going to end well
Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:27 - Sep 16 with 4607 viewsstainrods_elbow

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:20 - Sep 16 by traininvain

I was at the game and the plan after the red was to sit deep and try to hit Armstrong in the hope that he could create something or maybe pinch a goal off a set piece.

It was better in the second half when Willock came on and looked sharper than I’ve seen him in a while. Presumably needs to put himself in the shop window to get a move in January or next summer which could work in our favour in the short term.

I’d like to see Armstrong and Dykes start vs Swansea. Or find a way get Willock in the team.

Didn't see much evidence of that 2nd half improvement myself. As GA himself admitted, his slew of subs was mainly designed to freshen things up with Swansea in mind. There certainly didn't seem to be a coherent counter-attacking plan I could discern.

We seem to have been set up today as a mostly clogging and long-ball team, though couldn't even execute that basic level of service to our raw striker, or provide an outball for an hour. Depressing!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:28 - Sep 16 with 4647 viewsHunterhoop

We went to 4 at the back when he brought Dykes on for Smyth at 2-1 down.

We were more open and conceded again. So there is your answer.

At 1-0 up we had 3 chances to hit them on the counter with Armstrong or Chair 1-1 with their last man. Dozzell once (for Chair) and Chair (twice) botched the situations by holding onto it too long.

That was the plan. Win it off then outside our box with them committed and break quickly. We failed to execute.
Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:39 - Sep 16 with 4593 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:28 - Sep 16 by Hunterhoop

We went to 4 at the back when he brought Dykes on for Smyth at 2-1 down.

We were more open and conceded again. So there is your answer.

At 1-0 up we had 3 chances to hit them on the counter with Armstrong or Chair 1-1 with their last man. Dozzell once (for Chair) and Chair (twice) botched the situations by holding onto it too long.

That was the plan. Win it off then outside our box with them committed and break quickly. We failed to execute.

Thanks Hunter.

I thought we did create more though when we did go to four at the back, got a few attacks, a few crosses even two shots, but i''m not trying to argue either way. As I say, just trying to make my mind up.

It's not easy either way.

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:40 - Sep 16 with 4581 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:26 - Sep 16 by essextaxiboy

I thought he got it wrong after the red card . Sitting deep and inviting them on for an hour was never going to end well

I definitely thought we were too deep. Huge gap between Armstrong and everyone else in hoops.

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:44 - Sep 16 with 4548 viewsted_hendrix

Yea-yea whatever, just another home defeat to go with the collection of home defeats.

There'll be another one along soon.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:45 - Sep 16 with 4539 viewsMick_S

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:40 - Sep 16 by BrianMcCarthy

I definitely thought we were too deep. Huge gap between Armstrong and everyone else in hoops.

On several occasions, Armstrong was served a 50 yard ball to battle with. No support, - he, at times, did not stand a chance.

He was a very unhappy man around the perimeter after his substitution.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:57 - Sep 16 with 4453 viewsGaryBannister86

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:45 - Sep 16 by Mick_S

On several occasions, Armstrong was served a 50 yard ball to battle with. No support, - he, at times, did not stand a chance.

He was a very unhappy man around the perimeter after his substitution.

Love Sinclair, but his full on strop around the pitch was embarrassing today and of no help to anyone. GA got many things wrong but he had to take him off as he was going to get sent off and was on about his second final warning from a ref desperate to help Sunderland. He has to manage himself better through a game, you can't throw yourself like a lunatic into every challenge. Can't we find a mentor for him? Les would have been good, but hey.

Personally, and I know we would have lost anyway, but I thought GA's tactics were awful after the sending off. We had no proper plan, couldn't even park the bus properly, and the launching of balls from Chelsearejectovic to anyone or the stands was awful. Talking of which, was he our captain today? So why was he taking interviews talking about Chelsea during the week. Another mercenary, no doubt.

I did not enjoy today one jot. Booo.
Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 20:00 - Sep 16 with 4428 viewsCamberleyR

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:13 - Sep 16 by QPRConor2000

The long term trend isn't looking great though. That's now one win in ten home games with eight defeats since taking charge.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 20:02 - Sep 16 with 4407 viewsQPROslo

We sat too deep 2nd half all right. So deep they started playing little one/twos deep in our area which led to their 2nd goal.
Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 20:03 - Sep 16 with 4397 viewsMick_S

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 19:57 - Sep 16 by GaryBannister86

Love Sinclair, but his full on strop around the pitch was embarrassing today and of no help to anyone. GA got many things wrong but he had to take him off as he was going to get sent off and was on about his second final warning from a ref desperate to help Sunderland. He has to manage himself better through a game, you can't throw yourself like a lunatic into every challenge. Can't we find a mentor for him? Les would have been good, but hey.

Personally, and I know we would have lost anyway, but I thought GA's tactics were awful after the sending off. We had no proper plan, couldn't even park the bus properly, and the launching of balls from Chelsearejectovic to anyone or the stands was awful. Talking of which, was he our captain today? So why was he taking interviews talking about Chelsea during the week. Another mercenary, no doubt.

I did not enjoy today one jot. Booo.

Not too bothered about the Chelsea angle - but what you’ve articulated there is more or less how I feel about today.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 20:10 - Sep 16 with 4353 viewsessextaxiboy

Yes , we did the opposite and sat deep to try to hold what we had . There was too much time left in the game
Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 20:25 - Sep 16 with 4245 viewsbaz_qpr

When we went to 4 Kakay was torn apart by Clark and others. At half time we were crying out to switch it because it was just attack v defence with Armstrong on the break in a 5-3-1 with only Chair, Smyth and Paal providing any support, the problem is Kakay struggles at RB and especially so against one of the best wingers in the league. Would not be surprised to see Dunne put out there if we have to go 4 at the back again
Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 20:47 - Sep 16 with 4089 viewsDamo1962

Ainsworth on Today (S'land) on 18:59 - Sep 16 by connell10

We had a player sent off mate , but crack on.

And you think that's humorous? But crack on eh 🤔
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024