Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich 09:23 - Oct 8 with 2862 viewsRed_Ranger

Watched them last night on EFL itv.
WTF ? How did that happen?
A real pleasure to watch!
So frustrating we can't we do a rebuild like that?
Ipswich on 09:27 - Oct 8 with 2818 viewsSK_hoops

It took them years to get there to be fair.
Ipswich on 09:29 - Oct 8 with 2801 viewsPaddyhoops

Very true,although oddly our performance against them despite defeat gave me a lot of hope that we could beat the drop. Sadly it looks like a pipe dream now.
Ipswich on 09:34 - Oct 8 with 2747 viewsLowerloftLad

Ipswich on 09:29 - Oct 8 by Paddyhoops

Very true,although oddly our performance against them despite defeat gave me a lot of hope that we could beat the drop. Sadly it looks like a pipe dream now.

It's the manager they have.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 9:37]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Ipswich on 09:45 - Oct 8 with 2674 viewsWatford_Ranger

Ipswich on 09:34 - Oct 8 by LowerloftLad

Yeah if he doesn’t take them up someone bigger will take a punt on him I’m sure though there are plenty of precedents to suggest he should stay. Ball and Luongo in the Premier League. FML.
Ipswich on 10:09 - Oct 8 with 2537 viewsstevec

The way FFP is set up at present, it’s better for many clubs to build from League One rather than the Championship.

In a standing start that is the Championship you’re not going to beat the Usain Bolts. Taking a run up from League One with the right side, like Sheffield Utd, Sunderland and Ipswich, that 10 yard head start gives you a fighting chance.

One way or another, we’ll find out in the next few years.
Ipswich on 10:11 - Oct 8 with 2532 viewsPaddyhoops

Ipswich on 09:34 - Oct 8 by LowerloftLad

Irish lad and superb coach .
Get the feeling that when Gareth gives team talks looking like a f**king line dancer the respect levels drop a tad.
I loved him as a player but it’s not working out for him
and it kinda of breaks my heart a bit.
Ipswich on 10:12 - Oct 8 with 2529 viewsRangersw12

Ipswich on 10:09 - Oct 8 by stevec

The way FFP is set up at present, it’s better for many clubs to build from League One rather than the Championship.

In a standing start that is the Championship you’re not going to beat the Usain Bolts. Taking a run up from League One with the right side, like Sheffield Utd, Sunderland and Ipswich, that 10 yard head start gives you a fighting chance.

You just know we will end up like Charlton though
Ipswich on 10:20 - Oct 8 with 2487 viewsHayesender

Ipswich on 10:11 - Oct 8 by Paddyhoops

Irish lad and superb coach .
Get the feeling that when Gareth gives team talks looking like a f**king line dancer the respect levels drop a tad.
I loved him as a player but it’s not working out for him
and it kinda of breaks my heart a bit.

I actually feel my arse clenching a little bit every time I see a close up of him on the touchline dressed up like Bob Anderson.

Some will day it doesn't matter how he dresses, but I think it very much does. You wouldn't turn up for a meeting at work dressed like that, and nor should you while representing our club. He looks utterly ridiculous

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich on 10:23 - Oct 8 with 2463 viewsBlue_Castello

Well Terry is the man to answer this question but it's not just happened overnight, they spent 4 seasons in League one scrabbling around, buying different players under different managers and none of it was working, under Paul Cook they improved signing Morsy, Chaplin and Burns but it still wasn't working.
The turning point was getting McKenna in as Manager, he was a gamble coming from Man United as a coach but he has applied himself to the job invoking his tactics and his recruitment has been very shrewd, he can see the potential and has picked up some real bargains for the Championship.

We have family in Ipswich and I watched them at home last season, to be honest I thought they were good when they beat Oxford but never expected them to hit the ground running the way they have, that I think is down to McKenna and dare I say it having faith in Luongo for instance who for me has always looked a good player.
Oh yeah he also signed Dom Ball on a two year contract, he's a very good squad player who can fill in at various positions but he's gradually moving further down the order after the signing of Taylor from Peterborough, he now gets used occasionally at full back.
Ipswich on 12:03 - Oct 8 with 2253 viewsHoopsie

Ipswich on 10:20 - Oct 8 by Hayesender

I actually feel my arse clenching a little bit every time I see a close up of him on the touchline dressed up like Bob Anderson.

Some will day it doesn't matter how he dresses, but I think it very much does. You wouldn't turn up for a meeting at work dressed like that, and nor should you while representing our club. He looks utterly ridiculous

I don’t have a problem how he dress or hang his hair, but it’s the football side that is the problem

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Ipswich on 12:43 - Oct 8 with 2147 viewscharmr

The way GA dresses is part of his identity, we all get that.

Odd how some managers wear club gear and some don’t. Every other member of staff on our bench is in club gear. Obviously it’s just his stick. Thing is if you’re all in club gear might make you feel more collective then one not. I’m the boss sort of thing.
Ipswich on 12:55 - Oct 8 with 2101 viewskensalriser

Ipswich on 10:20 - Oct 8 by Hayesender

If he was a talented manager producing attractive, flowing football and a chunky win percentage everyone would be celebrating his 'individual' style, including you.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ipswich on 13:33 - Oct 8 with 1979 viewsDejR_vu

Ipswich on 12:55 - Oct 8 by kensalriser

If he was a talented manager producing attractive, flowing football and a chunky win percentage everyone would be celebrating his 'individual' style, including you.

But he’s not.

In theory it shouldn’t matter what anyone wears, but if you’re relying on a squad of players, all of whom are younger and in many cases a lot younger, you need to have them respect you and to believe you’re credible so that they perform for you. If we were winning every game I’m sure he could stand there in a sarong and topless because the credibility would have been earned through the results. If you don’t have that buy-in they’re just going to look at him like an embarrassing dad. It may not be right, but it’s human nature. The fact he doesn’t understand that just adds to the case for the prosecution that he hasn’t a clue what he’s doing.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ipswich on 13:38 - Oct 8 with 1966 viewsdaveB

took them 4 years in league one to build that and a lot of money spent
Ipswich on 14:15 - Oct 8 with 1875 viewsHayesender

Ipswich on 12:55 - Oct 8 by kensalriser

But he's not, so it very much does matter as it gets highlighted more

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ipswich on 14:28 - Oct 8 with 1836 viewsterryb

Ipswich on 10:23 - Oct 8 by Blue_Castello

Well Terry is the man to answer this question but it's not just happened overnight, they spent 4 seasons in League one scrabbling around, buying different players under different managers and none of it was working, under Paul Cook they improved signing Morsy, Chaplin and Burns but it still wasn't working.
The turning point was getting McKenna in as Manager, he was a gamble coming from Man United as a coach but he has applied himself to the job invoking his tactics and his recruitment has been very shrewd, he can see the potential and has picked up some real bargains for the Championship.

We have family in Ipswich and I watched them at home last season, to be honest I thought they were good when they beat Oxford but never expected them to hit the ground running the way they have, that I think is down to McKenna and dare I say it having faith in Luongo for instance who for me has always looked a good player.
Oh yeah he also signed Dom Ball on a two year contract, he's a very good squad player who can fill in at various positions but he's gradually moving further down the order after the signing of Taylor from Peterborough, he now gets used occasionally at full back.

I'm not sure I can justify your faith Blue Castello!

The first thing that has to be said is that they've spent quite a lot on recruitment & wages. However, over the last few years they've also received a reasonable amount inwards. Webster (two payments), Mings, Waghorn, Downes, the goalkeeper who Millwall signed & (please don't laugh) Dozzell. There may well be others, but my son can't be bothered to give it any more thought!

As has been said, it took them four years to gain promotion from League One, & they had a sucession of managers appointed that had no effect. Most of them didn't improve the turgid football that was served up by McCarthy, but then what would you expect from Paul Lambert!

It was the change of ownership that galvanised them, with the outgoing board spent financially & emotionally. Suddenly budgets were increased, but more importantly, anyone that was involved in making decisions in the past no longer did so.

Mckenna is fast moving towards Ramsey & Robson status! On matchdays it looks like the town is bathed in blue (from first thing), but on any day of the week Ipswich shirts are worn everywhere. The resurgance in support reminds me of following Rangers after the relegation in 2001.

I've disliked the club for most of the 50 years I've lived here, but presently I'm so jealous! The worst is the sympathy that is being shown to me as a Rangers supporter & being asked how I'm enjoying watching worse than McCarthy type football!
Ipswich on 22:36 - Oct 8 with 1361 viewsThe_Beast1976

Ipswich on 10:09 - Oct 8 by stevec

Exactly this!

The next question should be "Why is League 1 so different to the Championship in terms of financial restrictions?". The answer, of course, leads you back to the Prem clubs and their wish to keep Championship clubs 'down' whilst they wave their co**s about pissing on us all.....
Ipswich on 22:54 - Oct 8 with 1312 viewsstowmarketrange

Ipswich on 14:28 - Oct 8 by terryb

I'm not sure I can justify your faith Blue Castello!

The first thing that has to be said is that they've spent quite a lot on recruitment & wages. However, over the last few years they've also received a reasonable amount inwards. Webster (two payments), Mings, Waghorn, Downes, the goalkeeper who Millwall signed & (please don't laugh) Dozzell. There may well be others, but my son can't be bothered to give it any more thought!

As has been said, it took them four years to gain promotion from League One, & they had a sucession of managers appointed that had no effect. Most of them didn't improve the turgid football that was served up by McCarthy, but then what would you expect from Paul Lambert!

It was the change of ownership that galvanised them, with the outgoing board spent financially & emotionally. Suddenly budgets were increased, but more importantly, anyone that was involved in making decisions in the past no longer did so.

Mckenna is fast moving towards Ramsey & Robson status! On matchdays it looks like the town is bathed in blue (from first thing), but on any day of the week Ipswich shirts are worn everywhere. The resurgance in support reminds me of following Rangers after the relegation in 2001.

I've disliked the club for most of the 50 years I've lived here, but presently I'm so jealous! The worst is the sympathy that is being shown to me as a Rangers supporter & being asked how I'm enjoying watching worse than McCarthy type football!

You’re right there Terry.A couple of years ago it was only the diehards that wore Ipswich shirts and their crowds were falling.Now they’re everywhere and everyone seems to be wearing one.
Being a one county club helps boost their support a lot.
And I can’t believe the amount of stick I’m taking from my youngest grandson at the minute.Hopefully their bubble will burst soon,but I can see them easily making the playoffs at least.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024