Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Madonna song or video? 09:20 - Oct 15 with 4290 viewsRamseyR

Best song or video?

We like to do the "cool" artists, but many of us have grown up with Madge.
She has extensive back catalogue, and as she kicks off a big tour, we should never forget her ability to push boundaries, provoke and reinvent herself over the years.

Best Madonna song or video? on 10:04 - Oct 15 with 3558 viewsR_from_afar

Her music is not my sort of thing but man alive, it is quite some achievement to keep releasing quality tunes and to be able to reinvent yourself so often

I think this is my favourite, it uses dynamics cleverly, has a great dance beat and is oh so catchy:

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Best Madonna song or video? on 10:36 - Oct 15 with 3521 viewsBluce_Ree

I saw a steel band playing some of her songs yesterday on thr Street in Liverpool. They were sort of amazing.

Never had much time for Madonna. Ray of Light was pretty good though.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Best Madonna song or video? on 10:59 - Oct 15 with 3498 viewsHayesender

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Best Madonna song or video? on 11:29 - Oct 15 with 3475 viewsSydneyRs

I was a huge fan of her for a while as a teenager. Saw her play Wembley stadium two nights running in the 80s.

Like a virgin was pretty ground breaking at the time. Also Open your heart was one I liked.
Best Madonna song or video? on 11:50 - Oct 15 with 3463 viewsDaBurgh

Best Madonna song or video? on 10:36 - Oct 15 by Bluce_Ree

I saw a steel band playing some of her songs yesterday on thr Street in Liverpool. They were sort of amazing.

Have to agree, not a Madonna fan but Ray of light was pretty good. Think she's a bit of an embarrssment prancing around as she does at age 65. But I suppose if Mick is still prancing around at 80 then why not, but good god wear some sensible shoes woman!
Best Madonna song or video? on 14:11 - Oct 15 with 3380 viewsHAYESBOY

Always like this one from the cheeky minx.

Lenny Kravitz co-wrote.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Best Madonna song or video? on 14:16 - Oct 15 with 3368 viewsBoston

Dance floors exploded when this came on...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Best Madonna song or video? on 16:00 - Oct 15 with 3313 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Back in 1988 or 89 a group of us went to see her in concert .It was before there was easy out parking so the parking was a giant clusterf*ck and you could get boxed in for hours.
We all drove together but one poor bastard brought his new girlfriend along in his car .
Straight away in her show Madonna lay down in a big bed and 4 dancers were simulating sex with her .
His girlfriend got upset forced him to leave and you know the rest.They sat in the car for the rest of the show and for hours afterwards until the parking lot cleared .We were actually home before him and yes it still a sore point today .She never appeared again ,the girlfriend not madonna of course.
Like A Prayer started a few fires with the church if memory serves me right
Login to get fewer ads

Best Madonna song or video? on 16:31 - Oct 15 with 3297 viewslarsricchi

Best Madonna song or video? on 14:11 - Oct 15 by HAYESBOY

Always like this one from the cheeky minx.

Lenny Kravitz co-wrote.

This is my favorite Madonna song. Sexy cooing over "Security of the First World" by Public Enemy ... what's not to like?

I wouldn't be so quick to praise Kravitz for this song. From an old MTV article:

It was a bit of an embarrassing week for Lenny Kravitz, the man credited with writing and producing Madonna's single "Justify My Love." First the rap group Public Enemy popped up wondering why the percussion track in that record bore such an uncanny resemblance to a two-year-old P.E. track recorded with live musicians called "Security of the First World."

"I don't know which beat it is, actually," Kravitz said about where he got the rhythm track. "It's just one of those beats you find on the floor somewhere."

Then Ingrid Chavez, the singer and actress who costarred in Prince's "Graffiti Bridge" flick, turned up claiming that she had written and recorded "Justify My Love" with Kravitz in Los Angeles the previous summer, and that Madonna had merely copied her demo. This seemed to jog Kravitz's memory, as he quickly announced that it was true and that he'd had Chavez sign an agreement giving her 25 percent of the songwriting royalties in return for his taking full credit for writing the song. Kravitz said he did this for "personal reasons."
Best Madonna song or video? on 19:06 - Oct 15 with 3213 viewsJuzzie

Best Madonna song or video? on 10:36 - Oct 15 by Bluce_Ree

Ray of Light was sampled from a song a third cousin three times removed (or something similar) of mine wrote in the 70’s.
He never got to see any money as had long since departed but his kids do and when I asked them how much, they wouldn’t say!

I’m guessing they won’t be going hungry.

I quite liked this one myself;

[Post edited 15 Oct 2023 19:08]
Best Madonna song or video? on 21:18 - Oct 15 with 3126 viewsE17hoop

Hung Up, if only for the live version where she mixes it with Pantera.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

Best Madonna song or video? on 21:29 - Oct 15 with 3120 viewsThGrimRanger

Frozen - both song and video

TheGrimRanger

Best Madonna song or video? on 00:25 - Oct 16 with 3039 viewsSydneyRs

Best Madonna song or video? on 19:06 - Oct 15 by Juzzie

Ray of Light was sampled from a song a third cousin three times removed (or something similar) of mine wrote in the 70’s.
He never got to see any money as had long since departed but his kids do and when I asked them how much, they wouldn’t say!

How did I forget Like a Prayer? Great tune.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 0:26]
Best Madonna song or video? on 01:18 - Oct 16 with 3018 viewshantssi

Best Madonna song or video? on 00:25 - Oct 16 by SydneyRs

How did I forget Like a Prayer? Great tune.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 0:26]

Mine as well!
But what on earth has she done to herself?!

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRFrxM3VZCRIkH5Tufcpx1Fg2C
[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 1:23]
Best Madonna song or video? on 08:16 - Oct 16 with 2959 viewswestberksr

girlfriend paid a small fortune to see her last night, having been a fan for 40+ years and never having managed to see her live. awaiting feedback this morning....

Frozen and Ray Of Light for me; although remember buying 'Holiday' on 12" the same time I bought Shannon's 'Let The Music Play' - both have stood the test of time as a good pop song and a brilliant dance song.

Best Madonna song or video? on 13:52 - Oct 16 with 2883 viewsizlingtonhoop

Papa Don't preach.
True Blue.
Like a Virgin.
Great

But Cherish, greatest

Edit: that's videos btw

Songs, in terms of Wendy May's Locomtion, always Holiday (as someone else has already mentioned)
[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 14:04]
Best Madonna song or video? on 14:23 - Oct 16 with 2850 viewsqpr_1968

Best Madonna song or video? on 19:06 - Oct 15 by Juzzie

like a prayer, video and song for me as well.

but the passion and clearness of her voice...
energy and choreography in this live performance over 30 years ago, for me, is madonna at her best.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Best Madonna song or video? on 15:08 - Oct 16 with 2810 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Starbright was a great track in her earlier years and Ray of Light is a brilliant album. Being produced by William Orbit helped a bit.
I'm not a fan of people going on too long though. I saw her in her prime and wouldn't wish to spoil that memory by seeing her now.
Best Madonna song or video? on 15:46 - Oct 16 with 2762 viewshantssi

Best Madonna song or video? on 14:23 - Oct 16 by qpr_1968

like a prayer, video and song for me as well.

but the passion and clearness of her voice...
energy and choreography in this live performance over 30 years ago, for me, is madonna at her best.

Never seen that before - brilliant!
Best Madonna song or video? on 15:56 - Oct 16 with 2735 viewsTheChef

Best Madonna song or video? on 08:16 - Oct 16 by westberksr

girlfriend paid a small fortune to see her last night, having been a fan for 40+ years and never having managed to see her live. awaiting feedback this morning....

Frozen and Ray Of Light for me; although remember buying 'Holiday' on 12" the same time I bought Shannon's 'Let The Music Play' - both have stood the test of time as a good pop song and a brilliant dance song.

Looked so good in that Ray of Light video (also a great tune).

Look at her now!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Best Madonna song or video? on 16:14 - Oct 16 with 2706 viewsloftboy

The way she dressed in this, I used to go after any bird that dressed similar!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Best Madonna song or video? on 16:23 - Oct 16 with 2696 viewsSalisburyHoop1968

Borderline by far the nicest song and she looked great in the video.
Best Madonna song or video? on 17:02 - Oct 16 with 2639 viewskomradkirk

Like a prayer for me.
Best Madonna song or video? on 17:25 - Oct 16 with 2621 viewsNorthLondonR

Best Madonna song or video? on 16:23 - Oct 16 by SalisburyHoop1968

Borderline by far the nicest song and she looked great in the video.

Same for me, although I do quite like:

Best Madonna song or video? on 19:11 - Oct 16 with 2576 viewsNorthantsHoop

Back to 1985 - Into the Groove, I thought was a fantastic floor filler. Liked Music as well from 2000.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024