Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loftus Road has a sponsor 18:01 - Oct 26 with 13465 viewsaston_hoop

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 13:12 - Oct 27 with 2198 viewsridethewave

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 11:05 - Oct 27 by Padulas_Shampoo

Sorry to get all nerdy but that Stoke City point really got me thinking...

Here's a comparison between us and a few other clubs that have been knocking about in the Championship for a couple of seasons.

I think a few things can be taken away from this:

1 - Blackburn and Preston are both doing whatever they're doing on considerably lower turnover than us. Whatever Hoos says at fans forums about the commercial opportunity at QPR, both those teams are doing way, WAY better on a lot lower turnover.

2 - Cardiff have a brand new ground yet make less out of match days than we do as well as less commercially (which I believe includes sponsorship and non-match day income).

3 - The Stoke Commercial line looks way out of line with a lot of other clubs. Within that £16.6m they list £2.4m as conferencing and hospitality, £4.1m as "other' and a ridiculous £10.1m as sponsorship. How exactly are they getting away with that? Why would Stoke be a better billboard than any other club to a marketer?

Overall our turnover really isn't bad at all, relative to other clubs. So all this stuff about needing a new ground and being hamstrung by LR is a bit knackers. Individual seasons' budgets that are created outside of these turnovers are surely just a reflection on how good / bad the transfer balance sheet looks relative to the turnover. So in short... I'd suggest it's the football side of things that's going drastically wrong financially, not the non-match day turnover.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2023 11:07]

That is very telling... we already know other clubs are doing better than us for less, but seeing the figures only compounds how poor we are in every department.
Loftus Road has a sponsor on 13:42 - Oct 27 with 2072 viewsthemodfather

we need money and if we have to do this, so be it. hope it is worth it? it will always be loftus road to me not rangers stadium, not anything else.

we can be the MADTRADE ground lol
Loftus Road has a sponsor on 14:19 - Oct 27 with 1985 viewsQPRConor2000

Just reading up on MATRADE and it does have something like £8billion.

My guess is that they are putting some money to the club, your probably looking at at most around £2m per year if that.

Would probably be enough to fund some incomings and probably any Ainsworth pay off.
Loftus Road has a sponsor on 16:13 - Oct 27 with 1822 viewslondonscottish

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 18:36 - Oct 26 by aston_hoop

This is essentially just Ruben Gnanalingam finding a different way to put some more of his own money into the club. How much can he get away with going down this route?

It worked for Citeh

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 16:30 - Oct 27 with 1778 viewswortonr

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 13:12 - Oct 27 by ridethewave

That is very telling... we already know other clubs are doing better than us for less, but seeing the figures only compounds how poor we are in every department.

I’m afraid Stoke’s sponsorship is something of a pact with the devil if you ask me. At least our new sponsors don’t make their money out of misery ( or at least I assume so)
Loftus Road has a sponsor on 16:56 - Oct 27 with 1712 viewsBklynRanger

'Ma' Trade obviously referring to the trade of Malaysian things, rather than anyone's mother per se.

If it gives us a chance to get back to playing some semblance of football and even vaguely competing then it's clearly a good thing.
Loftus Road has a sponsor on 17:08 - Oct 27 with 1691 viewsMonkey_Roots

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 16:30 - Oct 27 by wortonr

I’m afraid Stoke’s sponsorship is something of a pact with the devil if you ask me. At least our new sponsors don’t make their money out of misery ( or at least I assume so)

Evidently, they pile their money into misery.

Sickos.
Loftus Road has a sponsor on 17:10 - Oct 27 with 1686 viewsNushnool

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 14:19 - Oct 27 by QPRConor2000

My guess is that they are putting some money to the club, your probably looking at at most around £2m per year if that.

Would probably be enough to fund some incomings and probably any Ainsworth pay off.

Where did you see £8billion?
Login to get fewer ads

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 17:31 - Oct 27 with 1611 viewsblacky2013

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 14:19 - Oct 27 by QPRConor2000

QPR will get through that 8 billion in a couple of seasons and we will still be sh*t.
Loftus Road has a sponsor on 17:48 - Oct 27 with 1553 viewsSonofpugwash

Malaysia seems to be an "aggressive" trading nation and it wouldn't be surprising if it eventually joined the BRICS nations.They're currently employing their own non dependency on the US Dollar with their currency the RINGITT.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2023 18:23]

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 08:45 - Oct 28 with 1296 viewsfrancisbowles

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 11:05 - Oct 27 by Padulas_Shampoo

Sorry to get all nerdy but that Stoke City point really got me thinking...

Here's a comparison between us and a few other clubs that have been knocking about in the Championship for a couple of seasons.

I think a few things can be taken away from this:

1 - Blackburn and Preston are both doing whatever they're doing on considerably lower turnover than us. Whatever Hoos says at fans forums about the commercial opportunity at QPR, both those teams are doing way, WAY better on a lot lower turnover.

2 - Cardiff have a brand new ground yet make less out of match days than we do as well as less commercially (which I believe includes sponsorship and non-match day income).

3 - The Stoke Commercial line looks way out of line with a lot of other clubs. Within that £16.6m they list £2.4m as conferencing and hospitality, £4.1m as "other' and a ridiculous £10.1m as sponsorship. How exactly are they getting away with that? Why would Stoke be a better billboard than any other club to a marketer?

Overall our turnover really isn't bad at all, relative to other clubs. So all this stuff about needing a new ground and being hamstrung by LR is a bit knackers. Individual seasons' budgets that are created outside of these turnovers are surely just a reflection on how good / bad the transfer balance sheet looks relative to the turnover. So in short... I'd suggest it's the football side of things that's going drastically wrong financially, not the non-match day turnover.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2023 11:07]

As I'm sure you know, FFP isn't about turnover, it's about income and expenditure.

So how do we compare with the clubs you've mentioned when you take into account the complete FFP equation?
Loftus Road has a sponsor on 10:20 - Oct 28 with 1197 viewsibnumber10

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 18:39 - Oct 26 by flynnbo

How is it pronounced?
1) MATRAID
2) MATRAAD
3) MATRADDY
4) MATRARDAY
5) MAATRAID
6) MAATRAAD
7) MAATRADDY
8) MAATRADAY
9) MAYTRAID
10) MAYTRAAD
11) MAYTRADDY
12) MAYTRADAY
13) Who gives a fúck?

I thought it looked like MATRICIDE when I first read it.

Mind you QPR is the son that is slowly killing its mother
Loftus Road has a sponsor on 12:41 - Oct 28 with 1108 viewsLblock

WAKEY! WAKEY!

At last.....

I posted ages ago about this FFP line being a soft soap and specifically mentioned creative accounting just like this assuming it is what we think it is.
Lee Hoos? I shit'im -- where do I send my CV????

There's loads more opportunities like this to cook the books.
Sponsor the training ground.
Employ people with the yoot set up as their core role but they actually do a lot with first team "on an ad hoc basis for experience"
Amortise contracts over a longer period with break clauses and payments linked.
Rent out boxes to your own companies at massive prices for meetings during the week.
Pay players bonuses for community work hours

It goes on and it does go on.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 13:30 - Oct 28 with 1090 viewsibnumber10

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 12:41 - Oct 28 by Lblock

WAKEY! WAKEY!

At last.....

I posted ages ago about this FFP line being a soft soap and specifically mentioned creative accounting just like this assuming it is what we think it is.
Lee Hoos? I shit'im -- where do I send my CV????

There's loads more opportunities like this to cook the books.
Sponsor the training ground.
Employ people with the yoot set up as their core role but they actually do a lot with first team "on an ad hoc basis for experience"
Amortise contracts over a longer period with break clauses and payments linked.
Rent out boxes to your own companies at massive prices for meetings during the week.
Pay players bonuses for community work hours

It goes on and it does go on.

Meant to arrow up
Sorry fat fingers
Loftus Road has a sponsor on 15:42 - Oct 31 with 908 viewsessextaxiboy

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 08:42 - Oct 27 by Esox_Lucius

IIRC any sponsorship deal has to be at a fair market value or it is deemed as an attempt to falsely bypass FFP constraints.
My guess, based on sponsorships of other similar clubs, would be around £500k per season for QPR.

Almost spot on
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024