Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The definition of success: expectations for Marti 07:52 - Oct 31 with 6728 viewsTonto

From what I've read the appointment of Marti seems quite progressive and interesting. But also comes with risk. But having tried to tread water with the last 3 appointments and mostly failed it is sh.t or bust time.

But the crux of the question to me is what will we the fans (and by extention the board) accept as reasonable for the ret of the season?

We are a club which is drowning. As Clive has pointed out regularly there are significant issues. There is a danger that the née manager just becomes yet another sticking plaster on a limb which needs amputation so the rest of the body can survive.

So what should we REASONABLY expect for the rest of the season from Marti?

If we get relegated is it the tin tack/P45s all round or does he get longer? Is it about progression rather than results (as long as they aren't terrible). Or is anything less than staying I the championship unacceptable?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 07:56 - Oct 31 with 4918 viewsQPR_John

Success this season is simply staying up. If we do get relegated then of course he should stay as manager.
The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 08:09 - Oct 31 with 4826 viewsdaveB

It's one of those that is either going to be brilliant or he'll be gone by Christmas
I don't see much if an in-between scenario
The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 08:17 - Oct 31 with 4804 viewsbongo_king

We've rolled the dice on this one, personally I think it's an appointment which should have been made last summer or this coming summer, not mid-season. But I understand why it was made now (availability), even if the process (which feels like Hoos and the board scrambling around in the dark for old ideas cos there is no real plan without a DOF) doesn't feel great.

I think we have to stick with him next season whichever league we're in (and hope he'll stick with us if we go down), unless it literally becomes untenable cos he loses the players like Critchley did. I don't reckon he will lose the players. That group may have not liked NC at the time, but I reckon GA and his style was a wake up call for them of "be careful what you wish for" and by now they'll be falling over themselves to work with a progressive coach like Cifuentes.
The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 08:18 - Oct 31 with 4798 viewsGaryBannister86

The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 08:09 - Oct 31 by daveB

It's one of those that is either going to be brilliant or he'll be gone by Christmas

I tend to agree Dave.

Problem is, it is so easy to say now that if we get relegated we need to keep supporting him and keep him in place. Problem is, it will mean we are still losing and we all get restless.

However, if he can get us playing football again, we can see a discernible plan and we do pick up some results - then I think the minimum we can expect on top of that is that we at least pick up enough points to give us half a chance.

It would be nice to see some ballsy decisions, too. Get rid of Begovic will do me for a start. Make Cook captain.

I reckon a fully fit Cook for the rest of the season will make a huge difference.
The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 08:47 - Oct 31 with 4680 viewsngbqpr

I want to look forward to going to matches again.

That doesn't have to mean winning every week, or even staying up. If each game has some football that makes you purr, and week by week those moments increase, that'll do me for now.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 08:54 - Oct 31 with 4650 viewsChrisNW6

Success will be fans not constantly moaning we didn't get Warnock back. I would like the club to make it clear this was not an option for whatever reason, just to end the online speculation when things don't go well.

Got to stick with this one and build a football identity over the next 3 years, regardless of which division we are in.
The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 09:06 - Oct 31 with 4585 viewsloftboy

Two expectations from me
1: keep us up
2: go into every game as if we can win it, no more of this underdog bollocks.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 09:11 - Oct 31 with 4568 viewskingsburyR

Playing the game to entertain will do for me.

The odd goal and result at home wont go amiss either!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Login to get fewer ads

The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 09:27 - Oct 31 with 4487 viewsbaz_qpr

The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 08:09 - Oct 31 by daveB

I think this is a one eye on league one appointment, we are already so far adrift we will need upper mid table, playoff form in order to survive so I think no matter what he will be here next season and given a couple of transfer windows. I would also not be surprised to see Kolli and Bala getting game time judging by what he has done in Sweden
The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 10:09 - Oct 31 with 4399 viewsGaryBannister86

The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 09:27 - Oct 31 by baz_qpr

I think this is a one eye on league one appointment, we are already so far adrift we will need upper mid table, playoff form in order to survive so I think no matter what he will be here next season and given a couple of transfer windows. I would also not be surprised to see Kolli and Bala getting game time judging by what he has done in Sweden

Everyone keeps saying we need playoff form to stay up, but is that right?

There are 32 games left and if you say 50 is the magic number (may well not be with FFP etc, 45 would have done last year) and we have 8 so far....

So 42 points from 32 games? Last year 69 points or 1.5 points per game exactly got 6th place for Sunderland.

42/32 = 1.3 points per game. That = 59 points over full season, which last year would have been Bristol City, in 14th.

I know 1.3 points per game right now seems optimistic, but it is still only lower mid-table form. And that's to get to 50 which will probably be comfortably enough.

I think!!
The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 10:12 - Oct 31 with 4376 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I don’t give a fck if he takes us down, I want stability for stability sake.
The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 10:13 - Oct 31 with 4370 viewsdaveB

The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 09:27 - Oct 31 by baz_qpr

6 points in this league is just a good week, it's not mission impossible at the moment
The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 10:14 - Oct 31 with 4362 viewsHoopsie

Save a picture of his smiling face and compare it to one 6 months later to see if he looks younger

If yes, that’s success

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 10:16 - Oct 31 with 4351 viewsGaryBannister86

The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 10:13 - Oct 31 by daveB

6 points in this league is just a good week, it's not mission impossible at the moment

Exactly, I think we've forgotten how early in the season it is. It's not as though we need to win 8 of our last 10 to stay up.

Go back to some decent home form and we will be fine.
The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 10:48 - Oct 31 with 4231 viewsTheChef

The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 09:06 - Oct 31 by loftboy

Two expectations from me
1: keep us up
2: go into every game as if we can win it, no more of this underdog bollocks.

This and hopefully play some nice football too.

But mostly - stay up!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 11:50 - Oct 31 with 4134 viewsMalintabuk

5 wins off a play off place... ohhhh matron I'm getting a little tingling back
The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 12:01 - Oct 31 with 4063 viewsQPRConor2000

He tends to favour possession based football, which is clearly a recognition from the owners that the direct style of play wasn't working.

I think the fact that most of Scandinavia play a March to September/October season does mean we could have the potential to sign some hidden gems from that part of the world, be interesting to see how he approaches January with this team.

Ether way, there will be a major rebuild in the summer.
The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 12:13 - Oct 31 with 4011 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Everybody gets naturally excited by a new appointment. Many were excited for Gareth. So we need to keep our feet on the ground. A gardener with 6 plants, half a bag of fertiliser and 2 buckets of water won’t be able to create a significant botanical garden in the short/medium term. So not to get relegated and to start imposing a certain style is all that is needed now with the tools at Marti’s disposal .. In classical problem solving used in manufacturing, one needs to look at what is the root cause/what are the root causes as it can be a combination. If you don’t fix this, you will get the same or similar outcome time after time. The manager is not the only root cause on why we have been bad. Even Pep would struggle. So it’s about sorting out the root causes in a progressive manner that will make us good again. There is no one on/off switch. Having a good manger is one fishbone out of many in a fishbone analysis of what brings about success or achieving an outcome. Hopefully this is the start of better things for our beloved club.But remember , it’s more than just a new and good manger. You R’s.

DonnieR

The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 12:27 - Oct 31 with 3966 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Win at Rotherham.
The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 12:34 - Oct 31 with 3946 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'd settle for some proper passing football and a few home wins.

Bare bones.

The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 13:22 - Oct 31 with 3834 viewsSuperhoops2808

The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 10:12 - Oct 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

This in a nut shell

I am fed up with us lurching from one crisis to another. If we play some good football at the same time then I will be happy.
The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 13:27 - Oct 31 with 3801 viewscpgerber

Let's hope we have a hefty buy-off clause in his contract so that, in case we do well, we won't get caught with our pants down again.
The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 13:32 - Oct 31 with 3774 viewslassel

I don’t see the situation being as dire as some do.

For me it’s likely 3 from 5 - Sheff Wed, Rotherham, QPR, Plymouth, Huddersfield. Potentially Coventry also but I suspect the new guys they are bedding in will click before too long.

Of the other 4 clubs I see us competing with, I honestly think we have the best team of the lot, or at least the best First XI and I think the youngsters have a far better chance of filling in with Marti than any of the previous managers.

If we get a run with few injuries - lol I know - the brain dead suspensions end and perhaps we supplement with a couple of freebies from Marti’s black book, I really think we will end up fine.

If the worst happens, he has to be given the chance to rip it up and start again next season in L1 .
The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 13:33 - Oct 31 with 3764 viewsTheChef

The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 13:32 - Oct 31 by lassel

I don’t see the situation being as dire as some do.

For me it’s likely 3 from 5 - Sheff Wed, Rotherham, QPR, Plymouth, Huddersfield. Potentially Coventry also but I suspect the new guys they are bedding in will click before too long.

Of the other 4 clubs I see us competing with, I honestly think we have the best team of the lot, or at least the best First XI and I think the youngsters have a far better chance of filling in with Marti than any of the previous managers.

If we get a run with few injuries - lol I know - the brain dead suspensions end and perhaps we supplement with a couple of freebies from Marti’s black book, I really think we will end up fine.

If the worst happens, he has to be given the chance to rip it up and start again next season in L1 .

I also hope that if we start to do well, some of those injury issues may magically disappear...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 13:37 - Oct 31 with 3748 viewsPunteR

The definition of success: expectations for Marti on 10:12 - Oct 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

You don't really mean that do you?
We could have just kept Ainsworth on then.
I know you have been pretty consistent with this opinion and I used to feel the same but if Marti is rubbish, loses the dressing room or courts other clubs then you don't keep him on do you?

Stability goes way more than the manager staying in his job. Going down isn't Stability is it?
Unless you mean a team, a squad , coaching staff all on the same page playing decent competitive football . Everyone knowing their individual jobs and enjoy playing for the badge and fans enjoying watching games than that's stability and success in my eyes.
The overall success story should be promotion. Winning something.

I hope Marti brings back high standards within the club again. Get some professional pride back.
So fed up of being a joke club.
If we go down we have failed. These players were top of the table this time last year.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024