Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PG Tips 20:50 - Nov 13 with 9019 viewscharmr

Went to my usual local Indian grocery store to get the basics, tea and chocolate.

PG tips pyramid 240 in a new style and colour box and lo and behold they taste like shyte. Got hold of an old style box, no problem. Something has changed?

Also if I purchase the biggest Cadbury bar it tastes not great but ok. Get the smaller ones taste well dodgy. These are the imported bars not the ones made by Hersheys that you can also get here.

[Post edited 13 Nov 2023 20:52]
PG Tips on 20:57 - Nov 13 with 5842 viewscolinallcars

Quite a few things I buy seem to be inferior now. I believe it's called skimpflation whereby the makers use inferior ingredients to keep costs down.
I'd rather the stuff stayed the same despite forking out a bit extra.
PG Tips on 21:23 - Nov 13 with 5709 viewsBoston

If you want a familiar tea (in the USofA), at prices lower than the imports...Trader Joes Irish. Don't be tempted by their English product, it's for the 'blue rinse' set.

[Post edited 13 Nov 2023 23:47]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

PG Tips on 21:39 - Nov 13 with 5635 viewscolinallcars

I'm a bit of a tea pot.
Used to buy Waitrose Assam loose leaf but now veer towards M&S Luxury Gold Blend.
Strong and malty.
PG Tips on 21:39 - Nov 13 with 5635 viewsJimmyR

Yeah Poundland et al are well know for selling shite versions of branded products

PG tips had defo got shite! Had one at work the other day. Barry’s tea can’t be beaten for my money, been buying boxes of 600 at a time. They even do 2 sizes of bag one with an extra half a gram

Who wouldn’t want half a gram extra off of ol’ Baza?
PG Tips on 21:53 - Nov 13 with 5554 viewsted_hendrix

The cafe on the Bloemfontein Road made the best mug of tea on the planet.

Nothing else I can say really.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

PG Tips on 22:00 - Nov 13 with 5535 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I was at a dinner on Saturday, one of the other guests is a buyer for a big French chocolate company.

According to him global warming has significantly impacted yields and quality. Consequently, he said chocolate prices (and seeing as coffee is grown in the same regions, maybe it to) will soon rise significantly.

As for tea, well I don't really drink alcohol much these days, so will spend a few quid on tea. Chez PH has got so many varieties of varying costs and I've noticed quality at your 'session' teas end of the spectrum has gone right down, and the good stuff has become pricier.

By 2030, food security will be a factor in all our lives.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

PG Tips on 22:07 - Nov 13 with 5501 viewscolinallcars

PG Tips on 22:00 - Nov 13 by PlanetHonneywood

I was at a dinner on Saturday, one of the other guests is a buyer for a big French chocolate company.

According to him global warming has significantly impacted yields and quality. Consequently, he said chocolate prices (and seeing as coffee is grown in the same regions, maybe it to) will soon rise significantly.

As for tea, well I don't really drink alcohol much these days, so will spend a few quid on tea. Chez PH has got so many varieties of varying costs and I've noticed quality at your 'session' teas end of the spectrum has gone right down, and the good stuff has become pricier.

2030 ? I'll probably be brown bread by then. Speaking of brown bread, M&S farmhouse wholemeal is v good and they'll slice it for you.
PG Tips on 22:07 - Nov 13 with 5500 viewscharmr

Funny enough Mr Boston got those Irish tea bags from joes this week. Definitely ok especially for the price. Mrs Charmer * copyright Boston can’t tell the difference so I guess thats an endorsement.

Ignored the English Breakfast version variety using all my my gut and carnal instincts.

No fing way.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2023 22:15]
Login to get fewer ads

PG Tips on 00:38 - Nov 14 with 5232 viewskensalriser

Don't PG Tips and Cadbury's always taste shite?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

PG Tips on 02:49 - Nov 14 with 5168 viewsjtuck

PG Tips on 21:23 - Nov 13 by Boston

If you want a familiar tea (in the USofA), at prices lower than the imports...Trader Joes Irish. Don't be tempted by their English product, it's for the 'blue rinse' set.

[Post edited 13 Nov 2023 23:47]

Good tip for us stranded in the Colonies!

The PG Tips I get here in the LA area still taste the same, thank goodness but will avoid mega sizes.

LAranger

PG Tips on 04:58 - Nov 14 with 5130 viewsjohnhoop

PG Tips on 00:38 - Nov 14 by kensalriser

Don't PG Tips and Cadbury's always taste shite?

Dunno about PG Tips because I don’t drink it but I thought that Cadbury’s had tasted shyte since the Kraft takeover and I avoid it like the plague.
PG Tips on 05:48 - Nov 14 with 5096 viewscyprusmel

Chocolate that is made outside the U.K. will sometimes taste different because of the milk quality that is used.
U.K. has higher standards for the fat quality retained in milk.
I am talking historically because it's a long time since I have been to the U.K. but this was the case when I worked in the milk industry.
PG Tips on 05:55 - Nov 14 with 5087 viewsPaddyhoops

PG Tips on 21:39 - Nov 13 by JimmyR

Yeah Poundland et al are well know for selling shite versions of branded products

PG tips had defo got shite! Had one at work the other day. Barry’s tea can’t be beaten for my money, been buying boxes of 600 at a time. They even do 2 sizes of bag one with an extra half a gram

Who wouldn’t want half a gram extra off of ol’ Baza?

As my old man would say about Barry’s tea . Make it strong , like you could trot a mouse in it.
PG tips has definitely lost its mojo . Nowhere near as good as it was.
PG Tips on 06:59 - Nov 14 with 5016 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

PG Tips on 05:48 - Nov 14 by cyprusmel

Chocolate that is made outside the U.K. will sometimes taste different because of the milk quality that is used.
I am talking historically because it's a long time since I have been to the U.K. but this was the case when I worked in the milk industry.

Why did you leave? Did you bottle it?
PG Tips on 07:43 - Nov 14 with 4950 viewsJimmyR

PG Tips on 05:55 - Nov 14 by Paddyhoops

As my old man would say about Barry’s tea . Make it strong , like you could trot a mouse in it.
PG tips has definitely lost its mojo . Nowhere near as good as it was.

That is the way!
PG Tips on 08:29 - Nov 14 with 4875 viewsRs_Holy

PG Tips on 05:48 - Nov 14 by cyprusmel

I remember reading something a few years ago that the government were trying to tackle obesity, diabetes and other health issues by getting food companies to gradually reduce the sugar and salt content in food... The idea was that if you do it gradually the public will not notice.
I wonder if we have reached tipping point where stuff is starting to taste a bit rubbish.... When ever I have baked beans these days I always find myself adding a bit of sugar and salt so that it tastes better! It will be a really sad day day if Cadburys chocolate goes all Hersheys on us... Hotel Chocolat and Montezuma's are expensive but they do make some amazing chocs!
PG Tips on 08:36 - Nov 14 with 4873 viewsCroydonCaptJack

PG Tips on 22:00 - Nov 13 by PlanetHonneywood

That last line doesn't sound at all sensationalist!
PG Tips on 08:54 - Nov 14 with 4810 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

PG Tips on 08:36 - Nov 14 by CroydonCaptJack

It’s utterly true though and already happening.
PG Tips on 09:09 - Nov 14 with 4779 viewsMick_S

Barry’s tea - leave the bag in.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

PG Tips on 09:11 - Nov 14 with 4768 viewsEsox_Lucius

PG Tips on 08:29 - Nov 14 by Rs_Holy

I remember reading something a few years ago that the government were trying to tackle obesity, diabetes and other health issues by getting food companies to gradually reduce the sugar and salt content in food... The idea was that if you do it gradually the public will not notice.
I wonder if we have reached tipping point where stuff is starting to taste a bit rubbish.... When ever I have baked beans these days I always find myself adding a bit of sugar and salt so that it tastes better! It will be a really sad day day if Cadburys chocolate goes all Hersheys on us... Hotel Chocolat and Montezuma's are expensive but they do make some amazing chocs!

Something I learned from the food scientists when I was working on a coffee machine project is that your taste buds regenerate approximately every ten days. This means that foodstuffs which you wouldn't normally eat because you don't like the taste can, if eaten regularly for a couple of weeks, become acceptable tastes as your taste buds become accustomed to the taste.

The grass is always greener.

PG Tips on 09:28 - Nov 14 with 4737 viewsTheChef

PG Tips??

Gotta be Yorkshire Tea as a bare minimum!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

PG Tips on 09:55 - Nov 14 with 4691 viewsw7r

PG Tips on 09:28 - Nov 14 by TheChef

PG Tips??

Agreed.

Yorkshire Gold. The crack-cocaine of teas.
PG Tips on 10:16 - Nov 14 with 4653 viewsrobith

PG Tips on 09:28 - Nov 14 by TheChef

PG Tips??

Beat me to it. Buy better tea, you're worth it
[Post edited 14 Nov 2023 10:16]
PG Tips on 11:14 - Nov 14 with 4508 viewsBoston

PG Tips on 06:59 - Nov 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

Why did you leave? Did you bottle it?

Alarmed at the rise of homogenization, he was put out to pasteurized.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

PG Tips on 11:25 - Nov 14 with 4489 viewsPlanetHonneywood

PG Tips on 08:36 - Nov 14 by CroydonCaptJack

Orright then....

https://www.fao.org/state-of-food-security-nutrition/2021/en/

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024