Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cifuentes previews Norwich test 00:21 - Nov 23 with 8123 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/0_wuf4dw70

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Cifuentes previews Norwich test on 14:34 - Nov 23 with 2413 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cifuentes previews Norwich test on 13:41 - Nov 23 by Northernr

I just think these players will let him down. I've got so little faith in this group now it's untrue.

I have little faith but renewed hope, and I'm not going to judge them much for playing under Ainsworth.
I suspect they'll enjoy playing for him, and I think that will make a huge difference.
I agree that what we do need is at least a mostly fit squad. Get that, and try and get Lyndon to remember how to score and hopefully we'll pick up a few points.

Bare bones.

Cifuentes previews Norwich test on 14:39 - Nov 23 with 2390 viewsderbyhoop

Cifuentes previews Norwich test on 12:27 - Nov 23 by Northernr

We reeeeeeeally need JCS to stay fit (I know, I know). He was our best centre back anyway but playing in this style he is, in theory, pretty perfect in a way Dunne sadly isn't ever going to be.

JCS is so obviously a better footballer than Jimmy Dunne will ever be. The choice is whether he has the right attitude. It's possible that JCS is on the bench, meaning he'll have to fight for his place in the starting XI.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Cifuentes previews Norwich test on 14:56 - Nov 23 with 2340 viewsw7r

What a contrast to GA’s inane underdog loser ramblings. You’d have to be a proper wrong-un to not want to do your best for this guy.

I love him, he oozes calm authority and an understated confidence, the mental side of the game is important and this guys attitude is going to rub-off on the players.

May well take some time but I think he’s going to give us something to cheer, I’m excited by him, I really am.
Cifuentes previews Norwich test on 15:48 - Nov 23 with 2221 viewsqueensparker

If we can limp to the next transfer window without being completely cut adrift and improve on our forwards I hope we’ll be ok.

The whole time we’ve got Dykes, Armstrong and Kelman as our strikers we’re going to struggle. Insane we went into a Championship season with two unproven kids and a hard-working traditional donkey as our forward line. No shade on the three of them, I love Sinclair to bits and Dykes does his best, but that’s our main problem.
Cifuentes previews Norwich test on 16:06 - Nov 23 with 2158 viewsTK1

Cifuentes previews Norwich test on 15:48 - Nov 23 by queensparker

If we can limp to the next transfer window without being completely cut adrift and improve on our forwards I hope we’ll be ok.

The whole time we’ve got Dykes, Armstrong and Kelman as our strikers we’re going to struggle. Insane we went into a Championship season with two unproven kids and a hard-working traditional donkey as our forward line. No shade on the three of them, I love Sinclair to bits and Dykes does his best, but that’s our main problem.

I think there'll be games where we don't play with a 9 at all, but play with Chair, Willock and Smyth (or Armstrong) as a front three who swap, with Dozzell or Richards just behind, with Colback and Field behind that. And that will probably be better than whatever it has been that we've been trying to do in the opposition half for the last year.
Cifuentes previews Norwich test on 16:12 - Nov 23 with 2143 viewsdmm

The WLS pre match interview - impressive again

Cifuentes previews Norwich test on 16:49 - Nov 23 with 2021 viewsdavman

I just think these players will let him down. I've got so little faith in this group now it's untrue.

I have that feeling too, but not sure why. Last Season, I did not trust Richards, Roberts, Balogun, Laird, JCS (only 'cos he could not get fit) and Willock towards the end of the season, but most of them are gone.

Of this lot, I am nervous about Colback, who looks like he is trying to compete with Field for the most cards this season, Richards is still around, JCS his ongoing injury worries, Willock might be thinking of the off at some point, but other than that, individually, they'll only be letting Marti down by not being good enough.

As was always the case, the first XI, playing this way and not the old way SHOULD be a mid-table team (even allow for not many goals), but the rest are just inherently poor.

He will be a miracle worker if he gets this lot to stay up, but at least we only have to be the fastest Sloth in the bottom 4 rather than reaching 45 points...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Cifuentes previews Norwich test on 16:57 - Nov 23 with 1987 viewsstantheman10

Cifuentes previews Norwich test on 13:03 - Nov 23 by CateLeBonR

Ok one struggling, one middling side

He's only had a month and 2 games ffs give him a chance!
Login to get fewer ads

Cifuentes previews Norwich test on 16:59 - Nov 23 with 1981 viewsOldPedro

Cifuentes previews Norwich test on 16:12 - Nov 23 by dmm

The WLS pre match interview - impressive again

I wonder why Jim Conlan from Radio Sport Ireland is interviewing the QPR manager?

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Cifuentes previews Norwich test on 02:02 - Nov 24 with 1598 viewsLoftgirl

Cifuentes previews Norwich test on 16:59 - Nov 23 by OldPedro

I wonder why Jim Conlan from Radio Sport Ireland is interviewing the QPR manager?

I always wonder how Ian McCullough ever got a job in journalism.
Cifuentes previews Norwich test on 07:46 - Nov 24 with 1466 viewsngbqpr

Cifuentes previews Norwich test on 14:34 - Nov 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Christ, you've really píssed on my birthday candles there, my man.

I now have an image I can't shake off, Clive pissing on a birthday cake while Don Givens looks on aghast...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Cifuentes previews Norwich test on 11:42 - Nov 24 with 1279 viewsBurnleyhoop

Cifuentes previews Norwich test on 12:08 - Nov 23 by aston_hoop

Jake Clarke-Salter being back is good news, him and Cook as the 2 centre backs is best case scenario for us. Both a huge upgrade on Dunne and Fox when they are fit.

I really like his attitude though, he's a perfectionist, he's a winner, he has high standards. We are not little QPR, we are a team who can beat anyone in this crazy division and I'm all here for it.

Attitudes can change though, so will be interesting to see how that develops if we fail to kick on over the next few weeks.

A good or decent run could change the mood of the camp massively and act as a springboard for the rest of the season. The opposite could be true if we look unconvincing and fail to win a game or two.

It really could go either way.
Cifuentes previews Norwich test on 12:59 - Nov 24 with 1156 viewshubble

I think the opposite, Clive. I think the guy is inspirational and I know I'd want to play my absolute best for him. I reckon our players will be galvanised by him. I mean come on, who wouldn't be, he's even got (relatively) decent minutes out of Richards!

Yeah, yeah, I know, I fully take on board the premature love for the Eel's spiel last season, but I can't help feeling Marti is the real deal. Anyway, we'll find out tomorrow what two more weeks with them has achieved.

The hindsight edit: well.. I was wrong!

[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 8:08]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Cifuentes previews Norwich test on 18:07 - Nov 24 with 934 viewsStainrod

It is indeed refreshing to have a manger who has a) confidence and b) a brain. Clearly it is good tactics to tell the team they can win as breeds confidence. Risk is he is made to look naive if we get tonked.
Cifuentes previews Norwich test on 00:53 - Nov 25 with 742 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Cifuentes previews Norwich test on 16:49 - Nov 23 by davman

I have that feeling too, but not sure why. Last Season, I did not trust Richards, Roberts, Balogun, Laird, JCS (only 'cos he could not get fit) and Willock towards the end of the season, but most of them are gone.

Of this lot, I am nervous about Colback, who looks like he is trying to compete with Field for the most cards this season, Richards is still around, JCS his ongoing injury worries, Willock might be thinking of the off at some point, but other than that, individually, they'll only be letting Marti down by not being good enough.

As was always the case, the first XI, playing this way and not the old way SHOULD be a mid-table team (even allow for not many goals), but the rest are just inherently poor.

He will be a miracle worker if he gets this lot to stay up, but at least we only have to be the fastest Sloth in the bottom 4 rather than reaching 45 points...

I think Colback adds steel to our team Daveman and should excel under Marti.
Our discipline record was horrific under Ainsworth so I suspect the players were saying Fcuk it I am going to get sent off .
One game Armstrong got fouled and got nothing then 1 minute later crunched a player in frustration and got booked .
Nick London basically said he was expecting that reckless behaviour from SA.0
Now I feel the players are desperate to impress and stay on the field so hopefully it gets better.
Marti goes to great lengths to keep from blaming GA or anyone that was here last 2 years its very refreshing to be honest.
Its his show now and the players have to carry the load and I expect they will
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024