Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. 17:52 - Dec 9 with 4559 viewsSnipper

………my god, what a bloody difference. You couldn’t get more chalk and cheese between him and Ainsworth.

The players all knew their job, and did it to near perfection. 👏👏👏
My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 07:10 - Dec 10 with 3836 viewsHoopsie

All with the same players, Marti hasn’t even traded in the transfer market yet….

Know it all along it wasn’t the players, and our players weren’t league 1 or 2 standards, may be thin but many were unused much and yet to prove their quality (Dixon-Bonner, Kelman, Larkeche)

I am excited about the academy now just thinking how Cifuentes will use players like Aoraha, Talla, Bala and even Kolli who was debuted by Ainsworth

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 08:43 - Dec 10 with 3675 viewsHastings_Hoops

I said as much a couple of months ago… pretty much the same squad (with a couple of changes of a similar quality) to that which warburton had when he did his post-Blackburn masterclass video. Thankfully not too much vandalism had been committed by the time Marti took over.
My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 08:53 - Dec 10 with 3617 viewsTonto

Is Kolli injured? He was a bright spark under ainswortg but nit seen under Marti

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 09:00 - Dec 10 with 3573 viewsWatfordR

Every week that passes goes to show what an absolute brainfart the Ainsworth appointment was. And it should not be forgotten that at a time when we are against the wall on FFP, Ainsworth has committed money on the likes of Fox and Colback who were missing from yesterday's performance.

I would like to think this lesson has been learned by the powers that be.
My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 09:13 - Dec 10 with 3519 viewsCamberleyR

My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 08:53 - Dec 10 by Tonto

Is Kolli injured? He was a bright spark under ainswortg but nit seen under Marti

He got injured in the last international break playing for I think Algeria U20s.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 09:39 - Dec 10 with 3390 viewsgazza1

My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 09:00 - Dec 10 by WatfordR

Every week that passes goes to show what an absolute brainfart the Ainsworth appointment was. And it should not be forgotten that at a time when we are against the wall on FFP, Ainsworth has committed money on the likes of Fox and Colback who were missing from yesterday's performance.

I would like to think this lesson has been learned by the powers that be.

GA was always an appointment that was to appease the fans initially, you have only had to read how many posters were supportive at the time......good players for the Club, which GA was, does not mean that they will be good managers for the Club. It was clear after a few matches that it was going to fail, some of our football was so poor we were not going to enjoy it as fans....you cannot, or very rarely, win matches with 20% of the ball and GA appeared to be OK with that statistic. To his credit he got two big away wins to keep us in the Championship and fair play to him. The Board, however, should have replaced him in the summer, but it was difficult because he kept us where we wanted to be - the Championship - but I strongly believe that they should have taken that tough decision and replaced him. The Board failed and they also failed when GA was taken on as First Team Coach.

I do not concur with your thoughts on Fox & Colback - not seen enough of Fox to comment but Colback is OK with me, annoying about his bookings and send off but it happens. I would expect him & Cook to be 'big' in the dressing room and around the training ground. I have also been happy with his performances.

As for the 'main man', a excellent start not only from a points angle but also his style of play, his substitutions and team selections have also been very good indeed, he is improving most things on the field of play. Bit early to judge him but what I have seen on the pitch is good for me and hopefully our supporters. Perhaps, the Board had 'tapped' him up in our pre-season but he wanted to remain with his Club until the season ended and then sign on the 'dotted line'.
My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 09:54 - Dec 10 with 3345 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

The more I watch this team under MC, the more annoyed I get at the GA appointment.

The fact this team can play like it is says so much regarding how poor a coach GA is, and how poorer decision it was to hire him in the first place.

The biggest and most notable improvement I can see is how we setup when defending. No more huge spaces between the defenders, and that players are filling spaces in midfield.
MC playing 4 at the back, when everyone on here thought we needed 5. Warburton, Beale, Critchley and Ainsworth were all wrong. MC has got them like a unit after what, 5 weeks?!
My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 10:20 - Dec 10 with 3273 viewsBurnleyhoop

My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 08:43 - Dec 10 by Hastings_Hoops

I said as much a couple of months ago… pretty much the same squad (with a couple of changes of a similar quality) to that which warburton had when he did his post-Blackburn masterclass video. Thankfully not too much vandalism had been committed by the time Marti took over.

In truth, we do have better strength in depth across the defensive line than we have had in a very long time. Very capable cover in every position.

If we can nail down another decent striker in January, we are sorted for this season at least.
With the purse strings hopefully loosened in the summer and Cifuentes in charge of acquisitions, next season could be really interesting.

After what has seemed like an eternity of utter disillusionment, it still doesn’t seem real how things have turned in such a short period of time. Are we all in a collective dream, can this really be happening?

Loving it. Please don’t wake me up until after Christmas.
Login to get fewer ads

My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 11:09 - Dec 10 with 3152 viewsnix

My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 09:54 - Dec 10 by Wilkinswatercarrier

The more I watch this team under MC, the more annoyed I get at the GA appointment.

The fact this team can play like it is says so much regarding how poor a coach GA is, and how poorer decision it was to hire him in the first place.

The biggest and most notable improvement I can see is how we setup when defending. No more huge spaces between the defenders, and that players are filling spaces in midfield.
MC playing 4 at the back, when everyone on here thought we needed 5. Warburton, Beale, Critchley and Ainsworth were all wrong. MC has got them like a unit after what, 5 weeks?!

What was interesting for me was that we always seemed like we had one player fewer than the other team. I used to try and ask those people who'd actually played the game as to why we never seemed to be able to operate the press in midfield and yet other teams with seemingly less able players were able to do it perfectly against us. It baffled me. Now you can clearly see a structure with all the players in their right places when we're defending, rather than just all over the place.
My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 11:27 - Dec 10 with 3082 viewsbaz_qpr

I think its fair to say Ainsworth came into a very bad situation, but I also thought he made it worse. Clearly the wrong man for the job, a PR decision to play his way you needed a certain set of players we did not have. As Gazza said we should have had the courage to call it quits at the start. I think the worse thing GA did was to talk down the players to try and set an underdog mentality. The football was 10 years out of date in a league where most have modernised and wholly unsuited to what he had. I'm struck by Dobsons comments that he was a purist and if we had Man City players he would coach to play Man City way. Yet here we are with the same players, playing Pep style tactics and winning and looking a good side.

Having said that I think MC looks and sounds an exceptional coach, not just a good one so the difference is even more stark
My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 11:32 - Dec 10 with 3056 viewsWatfordR

My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 09:39 - Dec 10 by gazza1

GA was always an appointment that was to appease the fans initially, you have only had to read how many posters were supportive at the time......good players for the Club, which GA was, does not mean that they will be good managers for the Club. It was clear after a few matches that it was going to fail, some of our football was so poor we were not going to enjoy it as fans....you cannot, or very rarely, win matches with 20% of the ball and GA appeared to be OK with that statistic. To his credit he got two big away wins to keep us in the Championship and fair play to him. The Board, however, should have replaced him in the summer, but it was difficult because he kept us where we wanted to be - the Championship - but I strongly believe that they should have taken that tough decision and replaced him. The Board failed and they also failed when GA was taken on as First Team Coach.

I do not concur with your thoughts on Fox & Colback - not seen enough of Fox to comment but Colback is OK with me, annoying about his bookings and send off but it happens. I would expect him & Cook to be 'big' in the dressing room and around the training ground. I have also been happy with his performances.

As for the 'main man', a excellent start not only from a points angle but also his style of play, his substitutions and team selections have also been very good indeed, he is improving most things on the field of play. Bit early to judge him but what I have seen on the pitch is good for me and hopefully our supporters. Perhaps, the Board had 'tapped' him up in our pre-season but he wanted to remain with his Club until the season ended and then sign on the 'dotted line'.

I think what was more telling when GA was appointed, was how many posters, fairly normal and sensible posters, were absolutely against it. I'm not claiming to be either, but it was evident to me that he was the wrong appointment, interviewed every time the job came up previously and rejected, then signed up in a panic. I think you are right about MC, I think he has been a target and his release clause was the main issue.

As for Colback, he's been no more than okay, and he's only here because of the length of his contract. He and Fox, and Cook, are of an age that injuries will occur, and being stick with all three of them for two years is money being wasted that we can't afford.We've got Begovic, we've got Cook, they should be "big" enough in the dressing room.
My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 15:21 - Dec 10 with 2834 viewsDavieQPR

It would have worried me if we had stayed up this year and GA had been allowed to bring in players next season to suit his system.
My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 15:34 - Dec 10 with 2785 viewsPhilmyRs

He’s been very impressive. Not just the points won but also getting the best from players that fans thought were finished (Willock) and introducing some new talent (EDB).
My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 15:59 - Dec 10 with 2682 viewshubble

In the weird and wonderful workings of football fate, we had to endure the Bealshitter, then the Critch, followed by football's answer to Frank Gallagher, before we got, almost as if by magic, the maestro Marti Cifuentes. For some mystical reason it had to be like this. So it is with Rangers, it seems. The old rollercoaster in full effect.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 16:13 - Dec 10 with 2610 viewsCLAREMAN1995

My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 11:09 - Dec 10 by nix

What was interesting for me was that we always seemed like we had one player fewer than the other team. I used to try and ask those people who'd actually played the game as to why we never seemed to be able to operate the press in midfield and yet other teams with seemingly less able players were able to do it perfectly against us. It baffled me. Now you can clearly see a structure with all the players in their right places when we're defending, rather than just all over the place.

Good post as usual Nix plus once we got split open there was always multiple players lining up to bury goals and they did at will.
Massive change right from day 1 under Marti was keeping the middle clogged up with bodies blocking and harassing their forwards and almost zero breakaways .
Its no surprise our keeper is playing so well right now he is not getting peppered with point blank shots game after game and picking the ball out of his net 4 times a game.
Tight at the back ,aggressive in high press, players working hard for each other ,less bitching and moaning leading to 3 wins in a row and attractive football .
Winter is not looking so dark and gloomy anymore
My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 17:52 - Dec 10 with 2476 viewsnix

My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 16:13 - Dec 10 by CLAREMAN1995

Good post as usual Nix plus once we got split open there was always multiple players lining up to bury goals and they did at will.
Massive change right from day 1 under Marti was keeping the middle clogged up with bodies blocking and harassing their forwards and almost zero breakaways .
Its no surprise our keeper is playing so well right now he is not getting peppered with point blank shots game after game and picking the ball out of his net 4 times a game.
Tight at the back ,aggressive in high press, players working hard for each other ,less bitching and moaning leading to 3 wins in a row and attractive football .
Winter is not looking so dark and gloomy anymore

Totally right Pat. And nobody deserves it more than our fans after the last couple of years!
My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 18:32 - Dec 10 with 2312 viewsDorse

Towards the end of Gaz's tenure, I could barely stand to watch a match. I'd more or less checked out. I made a point of watching MC Hammer's first game in charge, without preconceptions or expection, and have been hooked ever since. Best way I can describe it is like when you're watching a gripping TV drama series: you just can't wait to see the next episode! What plot twist is Marti going to throw our way? Who will emerge this week as the surprise character who changes everything? Which character you thought was dead is back now?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 19:27 - Dec 10 with 2165 viewsngbqpr

My first game with Cifuentes in charge……. on 18:32 - Dec 10 by Dorse

Towards the end of Gaz's tenure, I could barely stand to watch a match. I'd more or less checked out. I made a point of watching MC Hammer's first game in charge, without preconceptions or expection, and have been hooked ever since. Best way I can describe it is like when you're watching a gripping TV drama series: you just can't wait to see the next episode! What plot twist is Marti going to throw our way? Who will emerge this week as the surprise character who changes everything? Which character you thought was dead is back now?

100% THIS, Dorse!

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024