Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report 23:06 - Dec 10 with 9638 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61438
Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 16:33 - Dec 11 with 1814 viewsManinBlack

Yes another great summing up in this report. If we accept Hull as being in the top three of best visiting teams then it is damning of how poor we have been to get stuffed by Blackburn, Sunderland and Coventry who didn’t look as good as Hull. Ainsworth did a fine job in making us look like a team who had never played the game before.

As good a job as Hull's manager is doing, I can't agree with his claim Hull were the better team. You don't lose by two clear goals if you are the dominant side. One goal defeat maybe, but not by two goal margins.

I am still not getting carried away like some. Could it be, just for once, we are actually witnessing a new manager bounce? If so, this might not last so I will remain cautious about where we are likely to finish for the time being.
Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 16:58 - Dec 11 with 1748 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 07:14 - Dec 11 by Philothesuperhoop

In recent times your match reports have been the only highlight of supporting Rangers Clive…now they are the icing on the cake. Great report, thanks. I agree with every word.
I saw someone tweet yesterday that Marti is increasingly making Gareth Ainsworth unemployable - I completely agree. This is the same group of players. What a transformation. Truly amazing.
A mate who supports Millwall is now very worried, and I suspect that we had a hand in Stoke rolling the dice. Before there were three teams nailed on the take the bottom three places - suddenly it is three from about 8 or 10.
What a big week ahead…let’s dream of turning over Plymouth and Sheff Wed and just looking behind us at that carnage!
I bloody love this Rangers side.

Spot on about GA. He was so inflexible trying to make a team in his image, rather than working with the players at his disposal.
This line from MC after the Hull game regarding Wilock and Chair.

'At the end of the day it is not a big secret, if you have good players and you put them on the ball, high on the pitch, things are going to happen.'

Love him!
Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 19:11 - Dec 11 with 1500 viewsSteveB

Brilliant work as always mate, apologies for the fat fingered downvote, you know it was supposed to be the opposite !
Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 21:17 - Dec 11 with 1331 viewsHoopsie

There's 3 players on rating 8 - Willock, Begovic and Chair, but Chair got the MOM as it is "not even close". Wouldnt then that be a "9"?

FWIW, Begovic shaded it for me as he made 6 saves and at least 2 at point blank and 1 seen very late that was pushed away.

Hull having 66% possession means we were not having the ball for 2/3 of a match and if that meant Chair was having a breeze then he's doing it half the time without the ball?

Willock and Chair goals were massive, don't get me wrong, but if we were to concede 2 or 3 (very very likely but Begs saves were top top draw) that wouldn't mean much and we would come out of that probably deflated to meet Plymouth.

just MHO!

PS: Our fans rating for Hull match have Begovic 8.2, Chair 7.8, Willock 7.8
[Post edited 11 Dec 2023 21:20]

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 22:58 - Dec 11 with 1213 viewsCiderwithRsie

I see that Marti Cifuentes has become "MC".

Master of Ceremonies.

Seems fair enough.
Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 10:30 - Dec 12 with 980 viewsEsox_Lucius

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 21:17 - Dec 11 by Hoopsie

There's 3 players on rating 8 - Willock, Begovic and Chair, but Chair got the MOM as it is "not even close". Wouldnt then that be a "9"?

FWIW, Begovic shaded it for me as he made 6 saves and at least 2 at point blank and 1 seen very late that was pushed away.

Hull having 66% possession means we were not having the ball for 2/3 of a match and if that meant Chair was having a breeze then he's doing it half the time without the ball?

Willock and Chair goals were massive, don't get me wrong, but if we were to concede 2 or 3 (very very likely but Begs saves were top top draw) that wouldn't mean much and we would come out of that probably deflated to meet Plymouth.

just MHO!

Our fans voted for Paddy Kenny as POTY over Taarabt. We have fans still thinking Barton wasn't all that bad.

The grass is always greener.

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 10:39 - Dec 12 with 969 viewsNorthernr

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 21:17 - Dec 11 by Hoopsie

just MHO!

Ah the ratings, always the ratings.
Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 11:18 - Dec 12 with 918 viewsAntti_Heinola

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 10:39 - Dec 12 by Northernr

I sometimes mildly disagree with your ratings, but it's opinion, and I only look at them out of interest really. You do a hard job well.
My only bugbear is your defiant refusal to give out 10s. I know you say 'what if someone plays better, were do you go then?' Well, you give them a 10 too. Fair's fair though, I think I've only ever seen about 4 or 5 10s in my 35+ years watching us. Good game that, actually, best individual performances.

- Freeman v Leeds I think stands out.
- Sommer v Villa, weirdly. People talk about Begovic - all good saves. Sommer made about 4 that I was sure were goals before I somehow kept them out.
- Spencer hat trick v Barnsley maybe.
- Taarabt v Swansea (was that his best game for us?)
- Ferdinand v Newcastle (A)
- Sinclair v Newcastle (H)

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 11:38 - Dec 12 with 864 viewsPhilmyRs

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 11:18 - Dec 12 by Antti_Heinola

I sometimes mildly disagree with your ratings, but it's opinion, and I only look at them out of interest really. You do a hard job well.
My only bugbear is your defiant refusal to give out 10s. I know you say 'what if someone plays better, were do you go then?' Well, you give them a 10 too. Fair's fair though, I think I've only ever seen about 4 or 5 10s in my 35+ years watching us. Good game that, actually, best individual performances.

- Sommer v Villa, weirdly. People talk about Begovic - all good saves. Sommer made about 4 that I was sure were goals before I somehow kept them out.

Agree with Sommer and Freeman, fantastic performances that are as good as it gets. Taarabt and Swansea always gets the headlines but always think that false 9 game away at Chelsea was one of his best and was the reason we won that day - that is the closest to 10 I thought Adel delivered for us, although Swansea and many others were definite 9s.
Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 11:41 - Dec 12 with 853 viewsgazza1

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 10:39 - Dec 12 by Northernr

In my 60 odd years of playing, watching, involvement, etc, etc I have never seen a player worth a 10!!!!!

I suggest you move to the following Norf......

'proper', excellent, very good, good, average, not good, poor, pxss poor, bad, not worth it & zero.

[Post edited 12 Dec 2023 11:43]
Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 11:47 - Dec 12 with 832 viewsJeff

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 11:18 - Dec 12 by Antti_Heinola

one that always stands out for me was Cerny vs Man Utd away in the cup.

took a moody Tevez penalty to finally get past him...

the manager for QPR that day... Gareth Ainsworth...

Can we not knock it?

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 12:43 - Dec 12 with 734 viewsswisscottage

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 11:38 - Dec 12 by PhilmyRs

Agree with Sommer and Freeman, fantastic performances that are as good as it gets. Taarabt and Swansea always gets the headlines but always think that false 9 game away at Chelsea was one of his best and was the reason we won that day - that is the closest to 10 I thought Adel delivered for us, although Swansea and many others were definite 9s.

I have to agree on that Taarabt performance to win away at Chelsea. It was flawless and if ever a performance deserved a 10 it was that, certainly above the Swansea demolition.
Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 12:44 - Dec 12 with 722 viewsParkRoyalR

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 12:43 - Dec 12 by swisscottage

I have to agree on that Taarabt performance to win away at Chelsea. It was flawless and if ever a performance deserved a 10 it was that, certainly above the Swansea demolition.

I think there was a 5 minute video clip of his highlights that day, absolutely a 10/10 performance, even before that lay-off to SWP that was worth a 10 on its own!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024