Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon 10:04 - Dec 21 with 4831 viewsNorthernr

Christmas bonus for all three tiers of our Patreon subs...

Myself, Jim Frayling, Jack Supple and HunterHoop pick over the first half of the season, look to the future under Cifuentes, and sling in some gratuitous Moneyball and Simpsons clips.

Feedback welcome, if it goes down well may look to do a few more of these (basically noticed that when we do podcast style content, as with Neil Banks/Harold Bishop last month) it seems to attract a lot more listens and interaction than when we do the old player interviews.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/half-season-95045285

This post has been edited by an administrator
Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 10:19 - Dec 21 with 4747 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Look forward to this. Thanks Clive.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 10:34 - Dec 21 with 4713 viewsdaveB

oooh looking forward to this one
Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 11:03 - Dec 21 with 4665 viewsaston_hoop

Oh excellent, this is an unexpected Thursday bonus, sticking this on to listen now

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 11:17 - Dec 21 with 4639 viewsGaryBannister86

Brilliant, gave me the required push to sign up to Patreon. Thanks for all your work and Merry Christmas!
[Post edited 21 Dec 2023 11:17]
Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 11:31 - Dec 21 with 4614 viewsHunterhoop

Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 11:17 - Dec 21 by GaryBannister86

Brilliant, gave me the required push to sign up to Patreon. Thanks for all your work and Merry Christmas!
[Post edited 21 Dec 2023 11:17]

I fear expectations might not me lived up to based on these comments! In my defence I’d jumped off a work call 1 minute before and head was a bit scrambled. I’m not sure the first thing I said made any sense at all!
Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 11:43 - Dec 21 with 4585 viewsA40Bosh

Please do this every week Clive as I need something to replace OpenAllRs.

Not sure how many years I have been listening to OpenAllRs it’s been years but I just can’t listen to it anymore and I’m sorry but that is mainly down to Finney.

Just that 1 episode you just did is night and day compared to the current level they are putting out.

Please keep it going!’

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 11:52 - Dec 21 with 4565 viewseastside_r

Yeah. Have to say, I loved that.
Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 12:16 - Dec 21 with 4504 viewsJeff

Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 11:43 - Dec 21 by A40Bosh

Please do this every week Clive as I need something to replace OpenAllRs.

Not sure how many years I have been listening to OpenAllRs it’s been years but I just can’t listen to it anymore and I’m sorry but that is mainly down to Finney.

Just that 1 episode you just did is night and day compared to the current level they are putting out.

Please keep it going!’

Hi guys, Andy here - I run the Patreon for Clive, and i'm additionally the voice in his ear when he's about to say/do/embark on something stupid (neither salaried positions).

Clive is under strict, pain of death instructions to do this sort of round table podcast a couple of times a year maximum - Pre Season / Halfway Point / Post Season / When we sack the manager...

This type of discussion / podcast isn't meant to rival Finney's podcast, which occupies it's own space and own niche with it's own target audience, it stands alone as a complement to Clive's output.

What i like in particular about this discussion is that all the guests clearly know their stuff and are able to back up a high(ish) level discussion with keenly observed points and counter points. I've pushed back numerous times Clive's suggestions about weekly post match in the pub 'vox pops', as I don't think this is what Clive's selling point or place in the QPR Community is, nor why people are so keen to listen to and read Clive's work - it's high level, deep dive stuff (with Moneyball references and nob jokes...)

Basically, infrequent round tables with high calibre guests > weekly chats with Jeff from F Block.

Can we not knock it?

Login to get fewer ads

Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 12:18 - Dec 21 with 4499 viewsmonners1969

Fantastic listen Clive - hope to be down for Southampton 👍🏻
Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 12:21 - Dec 21 with 4490 viewsNorthernr

Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 12:16 - Dec 21 by Jeff

Hi guys, Andy here - I run the Patreon for Clive, and i'm additionally the voice in his ear when he's about to say/do/embark on something stupid (neither salaried positions).

Clive is under strict, pain of death instructions to do this sort of round table podcast a couple of times a year maximum - Pre Season / Halfway Point / Post Season / When we sack the manager...

This type of discussion / podcast isn't meant to rival Finney's podcast, which occupies it's own space and own niche with it's own target audience, it stands alone as a complement to Clive's output.

What i like in particular about this discussion is that all the guests clearly know their stuff and are able to back up a high(ish) level discussion with keenly observed points and counter points. I've pushed back numerous times Clive's suggestions about weekly post match in the pub 'vox pops', as I don't think this is what Clive's selling point or place in the QPR Community is, nor why people are so keen to listen to and read Clive's work - it's high level, deep dive stuff (with Moneyball references and nob jokes...)

Basically, infrequent round tables with high calibre guests > weekly chats with Jeff from F Block.

We'd go to Brown's a lot more often if it wasn't for you.
Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 13:46 - Dec 21 with 4343 viewsSuperhoop83

Looking forward to listening to it...

Suffering since 1978.

Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 15:12 - Dec 21 with 4224 viewsOldPedro

I enjoyed that - lots that I agree with. Let's hope the end of season review is talking about us still being in the Championship!

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 18:40 - Dec 21 with 3994 viewsdaveB

It was a really good listen, hope it becomes a regular thing, probably one a month would be great, don't want to do it too often for overkill
Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 21:19 - Dec 21 with 3853 viewsqueensparker

I like it Alistair Campbell media guru…

You’re right though, weekly is too much. The occasional one is spot on
Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 07:18 - Dec 22 with 3588 viewsHarbour

Thanks Clive enjoyed listening to that.Interesting discussion on Kakay and Pal. Pal being a first choice start is inconsistent sometimes very good sometimes not. Kakay on as the sub generally ok but prone to bad defensive lapses. Looking forward to the end of season review hopefully we are still in the championship.
Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 11:27 - Dec 22 with 3430 viewsTheChef

Top stuff gents.

Main issue with Ainsworth was overplaying the underdog card - lucky to be here, it's going to be tough etc. And of course no buy in from the players.

At least Cifuentes has standards and won't accept below par performances, with the players onside at least for now. But up at Hillsborough was the first game he's had where the players have shit the bed (as we know they can), so the reaction tomorrow will be interesting.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 08:38 - Dec 23 with 3000 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

Thanks Clive….this finally made me tip over the edge and sign up…which I should have done ages ago seeing as a read almost everything on this superb website. So thanks.
Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 10:11 - Dec 23 with 2937 viewsngbqpr

Jeff from F block says f**k you - and sign a f***ing striker

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 10:56 - Dec 23 with 2900 viewsSherryHoop

Jim Frayling was my neighbour when I was little. Top bloke from a top family.

Helped me get tickets to the Cardiff play off final when I was a teenager.

Knows his stuff.
Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 11:20 - Dec 23 with 2878 viewsJamieNaz

Personally, while I agree that an immediate reaction vox pop is not what is needed, I would be very keen for more of these.

I totally agree that this stands at odds with Open All Rs, and the other podcasts of that ilk, as different offerings for different purposes, but my presumption is that there's a lot of people who have been wanting a podcast like this for QPR.

I thought the discussion was very good, knowledgeable and also not patronising to the audience.
There was much more low level discussion, and this is what I like and want.
Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 15:47 - Dec 23 with 2775 viewsFDC

Loved that Clive, you've got a good hosting style. Would defo listen to any more you do
[Post edited 23 Dec 2023 16:10]
Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 20:52 - Dec 23 with 2673 viewsFDC

Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 11:20 - Dec 23 by JamieNaz

Personally, while I agree that an immediate reaction vox pop is not what is needed, I would be very keen for more of these.

I totally agree that this stands at odds with Open All Rs, and the other podcasts of that ilk, as different offerings for different purposes, but my presumption is that there's a lot of people who have been wanting a podcast like this for QPR.

I thought the discussion was very good, knowledgeable and also not patronising to the audience.
There was much more low level discussion, and this is what I like and want.

Pretty much agree, I don't listen to any of the other QPR pods these days (having listened to some of them in the past) but would listen to a lfw pod for sure
Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 09:16 - Dec 25 with 2284 viewsjoe90

For what it’s worth, I pay my subs for the written content and running the board, I see anything else on the patreon as bonus.

All the match previews/reports/opposition interviews/tactical deep dives etc, that’s a lot of work! You’re not going to find more in depth QPR coverage anywhere! Not only that, you can give your completely unsolicited and unqualified view on it! Whether you’re Jeff from F block or a more measured/considered Brian McCarthy you can have your say.

Re: Half season review - I thought it was a good discussion and well timed. I’ve sort of come to expect some sort of analysis anytime something major happens eg new manger/player etc and it’s always high quality content. IMO, the regular content is sufficient and worth the subs alone.

Ps: Jeff from F block might have a point though, we do need a fu*king striker!
[Post edited 25 Dec 2023 9:20]
Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 12:15 - Dec 25 with 2218 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Really enjoyed this. Four great contributors. Excellent work.

Many thanks.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half Season Review - Live now on the Patreon on 13:41 - Dec 26 with 2041 viewsJamieNaz

Oh yeah, also, just a note, I'd happily chip in more on the patreon for more like this.

What I pay now is for the written content and to give something to AKUTRS.

This is a nice extra. And I'd be happy for them to be a different tier...

This stuff takes a lot of effort.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024