Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? 13:12 - Jan 2 with 4560 viewsknocker

We have to play all 4 clubs in bottom 5 with us at home. Normally a reason for hope but with our home record, maybe not.
The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 13:37 - Jan 2 with 3662 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's a huge plus, and gives us an opportunity.

I've seen enough to know we stand a good chance under Cifuentes if we can get enough key players consistently fit. That's my main concern right now - can we?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 13:52 - Jan 2 with 3569 viewsNov77

Surely you know the routine by now, the Novelty of a new manager has worn off on players and they have reverted to type.
Marti’s honeymoon is well and truly over, Eva Braun’s lasted longer.
At least we got a dead cat bounce this time.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 13:57 - Jan 2 with 3534 viewsLowerloftLad

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 13:52 - Jan 2 by Nov77

Surely you know the routine by now, the Novelty of a new manager has worn off on players and they have reverted to type.
Marti’s honeymoon is well and truly over, Eva Braun’s lasted longer.
At least we got a dead cat bounce this time.

The glimmer of hope Is

I see QPR win the papa John's trophy in the next 10 years.

I just want to see us win a trophy god dammit.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 13:59 - Jan 2 with 3500 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I had hope until yesterday's 'performance'. If we play like that at home to an average team and give away two goals like that, we deserve to be relegated.
The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 14:06 - Jan 2 with 3472 viewsTheChef

I'd almost have more hope if we were playing top half teams - we actually seem to try against them.

Teams in the bottom half, we barely turn up.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 14:13 - Jan 2 with 3437 viewsTommyQPR

If we can bring in some players who can play consecutive matches without getting injured/tired/ mental breakdown/going AWOL, we may stand half a chance.
The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 14:19 - Jan 2 with 3416 viewsPaddyhoops

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 13:37 - Jan 2 by BrianMcCarthy

I've seen enough to know we stand a good chance under Cifuentes if we can get enough key players consistently fit. That's my main concern right now - can we?

Don’t want to cynical but I wonder if one or two have no interest in being fit.
We have no chance of winning games unless willock and Chair are fit and playing well together. That’s the overwhelming evidence of the last two seasons.
If we’ve get our best team out there is hope but that’s not going to happen.
We need Dykes to start scoring but the evidence says his finishing and movement are poor.
So that’s not likely to happen.
I know money was an issue in getting in an extra striker at the start of the season but the alternatives to Dykes are kelman and Armstrong. Not remotely good enough, sadly.
I loved Smyth yesterday. A huge plus until he was inexplicably moved infield.
He will get better.
Looking forward to Saturday to see if Jude the cat can fill the void we’ve seriously lacked upfront.
Bring your boots.
The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 15:29 - Jan 2 with 3286 viewsManinBlack

I admire those who think there is still hope after picking up one lousy point in 4 Christmas games which has seen us drop a place.

Anyone who loses 4-0 at home to Blackburn deserves relegation. We can't score so we don't win it is as simple as that. No decent striker will join a club that has lost so many games as we have in 10 years as anyone can see we are going nowhere.

We still have to play Huddersfield, Norwich and Blackburn who always seem to beat us so I am not expecting our boys to toughen up mentally to change that. In all probability we will draw at home to Sheffield, Millwall and Rotherham and as the manager rightly points out, draws are not enough now. This team will continue dropping points it is what they are good at. Scoring nil regularly will seal our fate.
Login to get fewer ads

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 15:49 - Jan 2 with 3227 viewsLowerloftLad

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 15:29 - Jan 2 by ManinBlack

I admire those who think there is still hope after picking up one lousy point in 4 Christmas games which has seen us drop a place.

Anyone who loses 4-0 at home to Blackburn deserves relegation. We can't score so we don't win it is as simple as that. No decent striker will join a club that has lost so many games as we have in 10 years as anyone can see we are going nowhere.

We still have to play Huddersfield, Norwich and Blackburn who always seem to beat us so I am not expecting our boys to toughen up mentally to change that. In all probability we will draw at home to Sheffield, Millwall and Rotherham and as the manager rightly points out, draws are not enough now. This team will continue dropping points it is what they are good at. Scoring nil regularly will seal our fate.

We have we have 1 point from our last five games.

People have been clinging on for months.

If we fail to win two out of the next three people will be going we can save it February.

We can't score,can't defend and the bench vs Cardiff is something that wouldn't have looked out of place against a conference side.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 16:28 - Jan 2 with 3113 viewsted_hendrix

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 13:37 - Jan 2 by BrianMcCarthy

We have fluffed up various opportunities to move away and out of the relegation zone in fact at Sheffield Wednesday with 5 minutes to go we were indeed out of the relegation zone and the rest as they say Is history.

Like most fans I've seen some dreadful squads and times at LR but dear oh dear the current squad of players we have would struggle big time In League One.

Cifuentes turned up and gave us all a lift, but that particular honeymoon is long gone.

We can't take corners to any effect.
We don't do throw Ins.
Our free kicks are abysmal
Our performances are consistently inconsistent

We were utterly insane to have kept Ainsworth on as Manager back In august last year.

I'm desperate for Cifuentes to succeed and to stay here for a few Years, but our current squad of netball players will destroy the bloke.

I disagree with you regarding Championship survival, should we survive then come back and stuff this post right down my throat In May; I'll be delighted.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 16:32 - Jan 2 with 3081 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 16:28 - Jan 2 by ted_hendrix

We have fluffed up various opportunities to move away and out of the relegation zone in fact at Sheffield Wednesday with 5 minutes to go we were indeed out of the relegation zone and the rest as they say Is history.

Like most fans I've seen some dreadful squads and times at LR but dear oh dear the current squad of players we have would struggle big time In League One.

Cifuentes turned up and gave us all a lift, but that particular honeymoon is long gone.

We can't take corners to any effect.
We don't do throw Ins.
Our free kicks are abysmal
Our performances are consistently inconsistent

We were utterly insane to have kept Ainsworth on as Manager back In august last year.

I'm desperate for Cifuentes to succeed and to stay here for a few Years, but our current squad of netball players will destroy the bloke.

I disagree with you regarding Championship survival, should we survive then come back and stuff this post right down my throat In May; I'll be delighted.

Well, I'm not sure we can stay up either Ted. We'll have to wait and see

I think we might if we get enough key players fit is all I'm saying, and I'm not sure we can. We had three or four more injuries yesterday. It just never seems to end.

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 16:37 - Jan 2 with 3051 viewsOldPedro

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 16:32 - Jan 2 by BrianMcCarthy

I think we might if we get enough key players fit is all I'm saying, and I'm not sure we can. We had three or four more injuries yesterday. It just never seems to end.

I think it is highly likely that we will get relegated but as our initial run showed until MC, if we can get our better players fit and interested, there is a chance.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 16:41 - Jan 2 with 3014 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think we've had it, but I thought we'd had it when the season started. A terrible squad, terrible signings under a terrible manager and terrible (if well-meaning) ownership.

Had we won one of Cardiff or Millwall I'd be pretty upbeat, considering the creditable draw at Ipswich and the performance v Southampton, who are smashing several past most other teams. But we didn't, and we're sucked back into the quicksand.

For me, two hopes remain:

1. We now have a run of home games and a week's gap between each where Marti can get on the training ground properly and we can rotate less. If by the time we play Watford we have a mostly fit squad, we *might* eke out another run to try and keep the season alive.

2. If we do have some funds and by some miracle we actually make 2 or 3 loans or perms that actually have a big impact along the lines of the Field/Austin/Johansen/De Wijs Janury signings, that *could* give us a valuable lift. We're not cut adrift (yet).

But that is really pie in the sky. We're weak everywhere. Marti has got us organised - there were games earlier this season where teams looked like they'd score every time they had possession, remember - but that counts for little if you can't score goals. And we can't. Sheff Wed now look like they'll probably get out of it. Rotherham won't. Any sane person will look at the table and our performances and who's around us and say there's very little chance we'll finish above three teams.

Bare bones.

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 16:43 - Jan 2 with 2998 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/relegation

Bookies are very much split as to whether we'll stay up or not.

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 16:57 - Jan 2 with 2925 viewsted_hendrix

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 16:32 - Jan 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Fingers crossed Brian, fingers crossed.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 17:13 - Jan 2 with 2862 viewsbosh67

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 13:57 - Jan 2 by LowerloftLad

The glimmer of hope Is

I see QPR win the papa John's trophy in the next 10 years.

I just want to see us win a trophy god dammit.

"QPR win the Papa John's trophy in the next 10 years."

Don't dangle that impossible carrot in front of us!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 17:43 - Jan 2 with 2784 viewsDeanoMD

I see no way out of this, even with our strongest set of players fit and playing we can't score.

Let's be honest we should have gone down last year, only a freak result against Burnley and a fluke against Stoke saved us.

I can't see how a few loans or maybe signing a striker will change anything really, the squad needs a major overhaul once again, you'd probably only keep some of the younger guys and maybe Cook as a player Coach.

Also need to get rid of Hoos, Ramsey, Hall etc. and all the other faceless clowns in the back room stealing a living with no responsibilty.

It's a complete disaster.
The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 08:44 - Jan 3 with 2495 viewsNorthantsHoop

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 17:43 - Jan 2 by DeanoMD

I see no way out of this, even with our strongest set of players fit and playing we can't score.

Let's be honest we should have gone down last year, only a freak result against Burnley and a fluke against Stoke saved us.

I can't see how a few loans or maybe signing a striker will change anything really, the squad needs a major overhaul once again, you'd probably only keep some of the younger guys and maybe Cook as a player Coach.

Also need to get rid of Hoos, Ramsey, Hall etc. and all the other faceless clowns in the back room stealing a living with no responsibilty.

It's a complete disaster.

It is a disaster, but have reflected about this and we should really have gone down last season and it looks that we are heading down this season. The real shame is that our best signing Marti Cifuentes will most likely leave if we go down and we have to start again. League 1 is pretty unforgiving and a club with a soft under belly like QPR could be in for a torrid time. It's just a shame that we are heading back to where it all started for QPR in last 70 years or so in Division 3. The sad thing is we are no longer competitive in the Championship and with this lot of sorry players would not be competitive in League 1.
The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 08:47 - Jan 3 with 2482 viewsgazza1

If we can get our main players fit again then we will be fine, we have some very decent players in the squad but back-ups are average......
The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 08:53 - Jan 3 with 2469 viewsstainrods_elbow

Just one query - why was Ainsworth a disaster and the cause of all our woes, while it's all the players' fault for Cifuentes' disastrous recent run of results and horrendous two goals in six games?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 08:56 - Jan 3 with 2470 viewskingsburyR

I've come on here this morning looking for some glimmer of hope?

Anything doing today? Have we signed anyone yet? Will we sign anyone?

Does anyone care anymore?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 08:57 - Jan 3 with 2461 viewsgazza1

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 08:53 - Jan 3 by stainrods_elbow

Just one query - why was Ainsworth a disaster and the cause of all our woes, while it's all the players' fault for Cifuentes' disastrous recent run of results and horrendous two goals in six games?

The style we play now is more acceptable, we have seen it and it is good. We all know GA's way and it was so bad and so was his interviews.....and much more.

I am sad for him because he is a good man but not a very good Championship Football Manager.
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:09 - Jan 3 with 2449 viewsQPR_Jim

From what I've seen under Marti, if we have good enough players or even just our players performing their roles well, we can win. We seem to be more organised and concede less and mainly when players make errors.

Under Ainsworth we were conceding more and played a system where we couldn't win even if the players performed
[Post edited 3 Jan 9:50]
The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 09:12 - Jan 3 with 2443 viewsdaveB

The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 15:49 - Jan 2 by LowerloftLad

We have we have 1 point from our last five games.

People have been clinging on for months.

If we fail to win two out of the next three people will be going we can save it February.

We can't score,can't defend and the bench vs Cardiff is something that wouldn't have looked out of place against a conference side.

I think we all know the likely outcome but as a fan if you don't have hope why bother

There is still a good opportunity to get out of this which they need to take in the next 2 months
The slightest, tiny, glimmer of hope? on 09:18 - Jan 3 with 2421 viewsTheChef

Surely even you must have worked about by now, after two years and umpteen managers, that this is all on the players?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024