Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Be honest 15:31 - Jan 4 with 10330 viewskingsburyR

Dear QPR (Ruben/Hoo's/The Board/Anyone)

Be honest with to save to many clicks onto various websites looking fir a crumb of hope and comfort.

If we haven't got a pot to pi$$ in then say so.
If we aren't signing anyone then say so.
If you aren't prepared to back the new manager then say so.
If you aren't bringing back Pukka Pies (Balti esp) then say so.

We really are a shit show! (just in case they read this!)

KR

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Be honest on 23:11 - Jan 4 with 2045 viewsQPROslo

Be honest on 18:03 - Jan 4 by QPRConor2000

The problem at the football club is not with Marti, I can tell he looks pretty pissed off as we all are, especially as this is a pretty poor squad.

The club right now is at a major, major crossroads, will the board actually grow some balls for once and actually give us a proper update on what the heck is going on?

I struggle to see how the club can progress on, unless we have new owners who can take this club forward.
[Post edited 4 Jan 18:06]

To be honest... we were without Chair, Willock, Cook as well as Colback from before, for the Cardiff game. Without them I didn't expect we'd win. Many posters said before Cardiff we'd be lost without him. They were right. He is our main ball carrier from midfield, sometimes defensive midfield into in and around the oppo' penalty area. Our midfield, defenders played it round at the back a lot because we don't have a 2nd Ilias especially without Willock too. Chair frustrates the hell out of me when he always cuts inside and won't make the obvious pass especially when we are losing, but we need him to carry the ball.

When Willock has scored we have never lost I hear, we need him fit and on form too. Without Cook we are porous at the back, Cardiff again proved that.
Be honest on 01:38 - Jan 5 with 1868 viewsstainrods_elbow

If the culture of sloppiness around the first team/playing staff is partly what's leading to the slop on the field, it's clearly Cifuentes and his staff's job to do what they can to change the culture - if they can.

From all I've seen and heard, the fans' performances at Fans Forums have been collusively supine. I've been talking, accurately and pointedly, about how LH has personified the abject slide of professional standards with his chortling, finger-raising demeanour of hostile complacency to embarrassing hilarity and ad hominem attacks for longer than I care to remember. While the latter is water off a duck's back to me, it's grimly indicative how, I think, mine was the only critical question discussed at a recent fans gathering. I'm as miserable as everyone else about how things are unfolding (and am far more similar than different to everyone on this board in that respect, btw), but it's clearly all been coming, and the fish rots from the head down. If the team has a poor January, I can grimly foresee the apathy bottoming out and it turning quite nasty, with demonstrations, verbal abuse of the sparsely populated directors' box, and people voting with their feet. It'll all be well warranted, but some of the guilty parties have already left the building, as highlighted elsewhere.

As for honesty from football clubs to their mere fans, you're having a laugh! Overall, we're insects if not vermin to them and the authorities beneath a greasy veneer of propaganda and lies. Sometime last year, I linked a brilliant Guardian article (can't find it for now) about how the European Cup Final in Paris made clear how much contempt the fans are held in by the industry, as if the evils of Hillsborough alone hadn't got that through to everyone. QPR are just the thin end of the wedge for the outrageous lack of accountability from those who run clubs. If dereliction of duty and communications failure won cups, we'd need to invest in a new trophy room.

All that said, relegation, even if deserved, could be disastrous. If others want to conspire with the idea of our going down the plughole, good luck to them. Perhaps if you had some pride, however futile it might seem, the team might too.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2:14]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Be honest on 06:42 - Jan 5 with 1776 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Be honest on 01:38 - Jan 5 by stainrods_elbow

If the culture of sloppiness around the first team/playing staff is partly what's leading to the slop on the field, it's clearly Cifuentes and his staff's job to do what they can to change the culture - if they can.

From all I've seen and heard, the fans' performances at Fans Forums have been collusively supine. I've been talking, accurately and pointedly, about how LH has personified the abject slide of professional standards with his chortling, finger-raising demeanour of hostile complacency to embarrassing hilarity and ad hominem attacks for longer than I care to remember. While the latter is water off a duck's back to me, it's grimly indicative how, I think, mine was the only critical question discussed at a recent fans gathering. I'm as miserable as everyone else about how things are unfolding (and am far more similar than different to everyone on this board in that respect, btw), but it's clearly all been coming, and the fish rots from the head down. If the team has a poor January, I can grimly foresee the apathy bottoming out and it turning quite nasty, with demonstrations, verbal abuse of the sparsely populated directors' box, and people voting with their feet. It'll all be well warranted, but some of the guilty parties have already left the building, as highlighted elsewhere.

As for honesty from football clubs to their mere fans, you're having a laugh! Overall, we're insects if not vermin to them and the authorities beneath a greasy veneer of propaganda and lies. Sometime last year, I linked a brilliant Guardian article (can't find it for now) about how the European Cup Final in Paris made clear how much contempt the fans are held in by the industry, as if the evils of Hillsborough alone hadn't got that through to everyone. QPR are just the thin end of the wedge for the outrageous lack of accountability from those who run clubs. If dereliction of duty and communications failure won cups, we'd need to invest in a new trophy room.

All that said, relegation, even if deserved, could be disastrous. If others want to conspire with the idea of our going down the plughole, good luck to them. Perhaps if you had some pride, however futile it might seem, the team might too.

Who’s been conspiring with the idea of relegation?
Be honest on 09:21 - Jan 5 with 1615 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Be honest on 01:38 - Jan 5 by stainrods_elbow

Totally agree the standards across the club have been through the floor, but I'm not sure MC will be able to do much without a complete change of culture from the owners down.
As I said in another post, the board have gone quiet which suggests something might be happening behind the scenes.
I've come to the conclusion things do need to get 'nasty' at the ground for anything to change or pushed through ASAP.
I think relegation is now likely, and with these owners, we could go full Luton/Oldham/Scunthorpe.

However, I don't agree with your last sentence, we all care on here.
Be honest on 09:22 - Jan 5 with 1614 viewsBostonR

I see someone already mentioned how Marti reacted in his interview after Cardiff - he was raging. It was my first visit for sometime vs Cardiff and actually watching the team makes you realise how shite we are.
I got the impression quite a few players did the opposite of what Marti was looking for or just couldn’t execute his game-plan. Whatever happens we must (hopefully) hold on to this manager. If it means relegation, be able to bin this squad and re-set the behind the scenes model with mass sackings so be it.
Be honest on 09:40 - Jan 5 with 1571 viewsnadera78

Be honest on 19:35 - Jan 4 by Hayesender

Well nothing has changed in the last 10 years then. No communication between board, coaches and players

And Rio Ferdinand did precisely nothing to change things, as you can see from his blustering answer on that clip. He was as culpable as the rest of them.
Be honest on 10:01 - Jan 5 with 1517 viewsdaveB

Be honest on 09:40 - Jan 5 by nadera78

And Rio Ferdinand did precisely nothing to change things, as you can see from his blustering answer on that clip. He was as culpable as the rest of them.

Yeah he was brought in to change that to run the dressing room but just shrugged his shoulders
Be honest on 10:03 - Jan 5 with 1511 viewsNorthernr

Be honest on 10:01 - Jan 5 by daveB

Yeah he was brought in to change that to run the dressing room but just shrugged his shoulders

Fox, Begovic, Cook and Colback are meant to be doing that for us now.
Login to get fewer ads

Be honest on 10:03 - Jan 5 with 1510 viewsPhilmyRs

Be honest on 10:01 - Jan 5 by daveB

To be fair, think he had quite a lot going on in his personal life then. Can't blame him for not wanting take on further responsibility to change the culture of the club, a culture that was allowed to develop because of the decisions and ownership of those above him.
Be honest on 10:09 - Jan 5 with 1480 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Should have got up at 5am like Jake.
Be honest on 10:10 - Jan 5 with 1475 viewsNorthernr

Be honest on 10:09 - Jan 5 by Wegerles_Stairs

Should have got up at 5am like Jake.

World class reply.
Be honest on 10:17 - Jan 5 with 1424 viewsRs_Holy

as per all the big earners really... we seemed to start every season (back then) with the new 'superstar' players and I would say to Holy Junior it will be Clint Hill and Shaun Derry playing come the end of the season.
[Post edited 5 Jan 10:30]
Be honest on 17:13 - Jan 5 with 1068 viewsderbyhoop

Communication from the club is virtually non- existent. It's not just the first team, but the Dev Squad, U18s and the Board.
It was better last season, even if the results were as bad.

I get the confidentiality bit, concerning transfers, investment, etc. But players should be made to front up to what we've watched in the recent days.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Be honest on 17:28 - Jan 5 with 1019 viewsstainrods_elbow

Be honest on 10:03 - Jan 5 by PhilmyRs

To be fair, think he had quite a lot going on in his personal life then. Can't blame him for not wanting take on further responsibility to change the culture of the club, a culture that was allowed to develop because of the decisions and ownership of those above him.

He was quite happy to take a top salary from us during his marital traumas though, wasn't he? While I feel sorry for him as a human being, as a footballer he was - and is - a mercenary c*nt.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Be honest on 17:54 - Jan 5 with 986 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Be honest on 17:28 - Jan 5 by stainrods_elbow

He was quite happy to take a top salary from us during his marital traumas though, wasn't he? While I feel sorry for him as a human being, as a footballer he was - and is - a mercenary c*nt.

Marital Trauma / Spouse Dying of Cancer

Potato / Potata
Be honest on 17:57 - Jan 5 with 972 viewsNorthernr

Be honest on 17:54 - Jan 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

Marital Trauma / Spouse Dying of Cancer

Potato / Potata

Again, I feel like I'm becoming Stainrod's Elbow, but wasn't he shagging around at the same time?
Be honest on 18:03 - Jan 5 with 954 viewslassel

Be honest on 17:57 - Jan 5 by Northernr

Again, I feel like I'm becoming Stainrod's Elbow, but wasn't he shagging around at the same time?

Yes, and his mistress was moved in within months of his wife passing away.
Be honest on 18:03 - Jan 5 with 953 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I’ve no idea, the only facts I have to hand is his wife dies of terminal cancer while he was with us.

I don’t have the charm, good looks, or inclination to be a serial adulterer but I would imagine if I was one it would still be devastating to lose my wife.

Where we probably will agree is that even if his domestic situation was bliss, I expect he would still have been a sort of J Sung Park grade of shit.

Just don’t think we can judge him based on rumours and what ifs.
Be honest on 20:14 - Jan 5 with 823 viewsHitch

shagging/languishing
Be honest on 20:22 - Jan 5 with 804 viewsNorthernr

Be honest on 18:03 - Jan 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’ve no idea, the only facts I have to hand is his wife dies of terminal cancer while he was with us.

I don’t have the charm, good looks, or inclination to be a serial adulterer but I would imagine if I was one it would still be devastating to lose my wife.

Where we probably will agree is that even if his domestic situation was bliss, I expect he would still have been a sort of J Sung Park grade of shit.

Just don’t think we can judge him based on rumours and what ifs.

yeh it's difficult, but I'll give it a go.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024