Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dog owners. 21:36 - Sep 11 with 22549 viewsqpr_1968

what is your view on this latest attack on 3 people.

not a dog owner myself....

but this seems pretty bad.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Dog owners. on 21:40 - Sep 11 with 8227 viewscolinallcars

Apparently these dogs can weigh 9 stone.
It's ridiculous to have these beasts on the streets.
OK, I'm not a dog owner.
I don't like the look of people that “own” such dogs.
Dog owners. on 21:56 - Sep 11 with 8151 viewsLblock

No matter the size or the breed, after attacks such as this people still continue to look at the wrong end of the lead.

The most common dog "bites" against human are by which breed?
Mad I know but it's the Labrador.
Yep... loveable, loyal and usually totally obedient Labs; of which I had three but now sadly only two.
Reason? There's just so many of 'em!!! That's the numbers game.

Bull breed attacks as a percentage are quite common and pretty savage when they happen.
Reason?
Almost 99.99% of the time is down to the owners of the attacking dog(s) are total dickheads and these dogs are powerful, proper powerful.

I know plenty of bull breed owners who are absolutely spot on and 100% do not have their dogs to strike fear into others, giving it Billy Large Gnads and their dogs are a credit to them. Likewise I know plenty of owners of other breeds who are a bit clueless about how they go about dog ownership for Spaniels, Huskies, Ridgies, Jack Russells, Pugs etc - my wife comes across them all the time in her part time role as K9 trainer. These people have done zero research into if a breed is right for them or if they are cut out to look after an intelligent, living and breathing thing.
Boils my pi$$!

You need to pass a driving test to drive a car, a test to ride a bike and have all sorts of permits to own a gun.
Yet in this country you can buy or breed dogs with little to no regulation. Mad

(Mind you -- I'd also include the unfettered ability of dickheads to breed more dickheads but that's a slightly different topic... sort of)
[Post edited 11 Sep 2023 21:58]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Dog owners. on 22:09 - Sep 11 with 8104 viewsPaddyhoops

Any dog can turn at anytime but it’s the damage that particular breed can do is what’s frightening.
The amount of times you hear tiny kids been killed and mauled by dogs is depressing.
Dog owners. on 22:16 - Sep 11 with 8075 viewsqpr_1968

Dog owners. on 21:56 - Sep 11 by Lblock

No matter the size or the breed, after attacks such as this people still continue to look at the wrong end of the lead.

Yep... loveable, loyal and usually totally obedient Labs; of which I had three but now sadly only two.

Bull breed attacks as a percentage are quite common and pretty savage when they happen.
Reason?
Almost 99.99% of the time is down to the owners of the attacking dog(s) are total dickheads and these dogs are powerful, proper powerful.

I know plenty of bull breed owners who are absolutely spot on and 100% do not have their dogs to strike fear into others, giving it Billy Large Gnads and their dogs are a credit to them. Likewise I know plenty of owners of other breeds who are a bit clueless about how they go about dog ownership for Spaniels, Huskies, Ridgies, Jack Russells, Pugs etc - my wife comes across them all the time in her part time role as K9 trainer. These people have done zero research into if a breed is right for them or if they are cut out to look after an intelligent, living and breathing thing.
Boils my pi$$!

You need to pass a driving test to drive a car, a test to ride a bike and have all sorts of permits to own a gun.

(Mind you -- I'd also include the unfettered ability of dickheads to breed more dickheads but that's a slightly different topic... sort of)

i am a postman, and you are 100% spot on....
the most aggresive dog to me is a labrador..

Dog owners. on 22:31 - Sep 11 with 8017 viewsBoston

Dog owners. on 22:16 - Sep 11 by qpr_1968

That's only because there are so many of you...posties.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dog owners. on 22:35 - Sep 11 with 8014 viewsbosh67

Generally this breed has history but it is far more to do with the kind of human being (not in all cases) that own these dogs. We did have a muzzle law here but no one upholds it. A dog outdoors can't do this if it is muzzled. Problem is it can do it people's own homes and children and some adults are then extremely vulnerable. If you ban this breed certain sub-humans will just go onto the next dangerous breed. Without strict licenses and policing of muzzles it will keep happening.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dog owners. on 22:39 - Sep 11 with 8001 viewsqpr_1968

Dog owners. on 22:31 - Sep 11 by Boston

we are a dying breed boston....unlike dogs.

Dog owners. on 22:43 - Sep 11 with 7985 viewsCiderwithRsie

You'll know this, but anyone who has had to go door-to-door or do a lot of home deliveries in any job learns that a lot of dogs have gone literally barking mad through being left alone all day (apart from all the other things LBlock rightly mentions).

Most people don't have the facilities or lifestyle to look after one properly, before you even get onto the issues of right breed, training, etc.
Login to get fewer ads

Dog owners. on 22:46 - Sep 11 with 7978 viewsLblock

I get that it’s never nice approaching any door or gate not knowing if you’re going to lose a finger!!

However the psychology of the dog also needs to be considered and there’s loads of variables on that score.
Labs can be fiercely loyal - like many dogs they establish their territory and those in it they need to guard. Entrance or approach by others can sometimes cause issue.
Labs also incredibly loveable and playful. Are you coming in for some company and a game?! This can be misinterpreted by many people as aggression or can lead to other issues (ie lack of confidence by human = increased assertiveness by the dog)

Best course of action to keep the dog calm is totally ignoring them.
This can be difficult with 9 stone of pure power clamped onto your left hamstring
[Post edited 11 Sep 2023 22:50]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Dog owners. on 22:55 - Sep 11 with 7946 viewscolinallcars

Dog owners. on 22:31 - Sep 11 by Boston

I remember two old postie jokes:
How many letters does a postie carry in his sack - all of 'em.
How many roads are there in the W1 area - one - Tottenham Court Road.
Dog owners. on 22:56 - Sep 11 with 7950 viewsJamesB1979

Of course the primary responsibility and issue is the owners. But you get a badly trained cockapoo out of control and people will just laugh. Get an out of control xl bully, and people run like hell. Dogs can bite but you try getting an xl bully off something…….need boiling water as happened in that attack in Brighton.
Dog owners. on 22:57 - Sep 11 with 7947 viewsqpr_1968

Dog owners. on 22:55 - Sep 11 by colinallcars

I remember two old postie jokes:
How many letters does a postie carry in his sack - all of 'em.
How many roads are there in the W1 area - one - Tottenham Court Road.

might be oxford street.....but close.

Dog owners. on 23:12 - Sep 11 with 7911 viewsBeckenhamhoop

It’s not the owners (although wronguns are attracted to dogs like this) ITS THE DOGS. They’re fighting dogs who have been inbred in the US with the worst behavioural issues. These dogs should be banned. Any dog that features so highly in the stats of dog attacks whilst being such a low % of dogs in the UK should be banned immediately.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/642809

Read the attached thread.

[Post edited 11 Sep 2023 23:16]
Dog owners. on 23:45 - Sep 11 with 7854 viewsPunteR

Media hype bullshit. (No pun intended)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Dog owners. on 00:27 - Sep 12 with 7794 viewsPunteR

Dog owners. on 23:12 - Sep 11 by Beckenhamhoop

It’s not the owners (although wronguns are attracted to dogs like this) ITS THE DOGS. They’re fighting dogs who have been inbred in the US with the worst behavioural issues. These dogs should be banned. Any dog that features so highly in the stats of dog attacks whilst being such a low % of dogs in the UK should be banned immediately.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/642809

Read the attached thread.

[Post edited 11 Sep 2023 23:16]

knowing our government they will just start taxing dog owners to walk their dog.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Dog owners. on 00:59 - Sep 12 with 7772 viewscharmr

Dog owners response ‘it’s the owners’
Non dog owners ‘it’s the dog’

This stuff gets no sitting on the fence opinions from all politicians and even party leaders. Look at me voter I care and am interested. Are we that fing brain dead now that this is a political issue.

Spent my afternoon trying to speak to Someone at HM Revenue and Customs who are asking for my self assessment return(again) with the threat of a fine when I haven’t lived there since 2011 and was self employed for 3 months in 2008. They cut you off after a while on hold if no one at their end answers, honestly.

Bizarro world indeed.

Danny Baker often mocks how Radio London was more interested in dangerous dog phone ins than anything of substance. 😃
[Post edited 12 Sep 2023 1:04]
Dog owners. on 01:06 - Sep 12 with 7764 viewsBluce_Ree

For the most part, if you want a dog that looks like it's on more Mexican supplements than Arnold Schwarzenegger then you're not going to be the soundest bloke on the planet. So yeah it's probably the owners but owners that are drawn to this type of dog.

Ban 'em.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Dog owners. on 07:08 - Sep 12 with 7593 viewsChrisNW6

Really well balanced discussion on Newsnight yesterday where they had a really well trained and handled XL Bully in the studio. The stats on dog on dog attacks since 2018 when the breed was introduced are horrifying as are the recent cases of human attacks. I am surprised something hasn't been done sooner and regulation and banning is need to stop the current home breeding industry.
Dog owners. on 07:41 - Sep 12 with 7548 viewsWatford_Ranger

Dog owners. on 07:08 - Sep 12 by ChrisNW6

Really well balanced discussion on Newsnight yesterday where they had a really well trained and handled XL Bully in the studio. The stats on dog on dog attacks since 2018 when the breed was introduced are horrifying as are the recent cases of human attacks. I am surprised something hasn't been done sooner and regulation and banning is need to stop the current home breeding industry.

Nothing gets done in this country any more until it’s flavour of the month and even then it’ll get a bit of coverage for a week and disappear.
Dog owners. on 08:03 - Sep 12 with 7499 viewsTheChef

Dog owners. on 21:56 - Sep 11 by Lblock

Reason?

Boils my pi$$!

You can breed humans with no regulation either

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Dog owners. on 09:12 - Sep 12 with 7386 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Labs definitely have a streak. I had one who attacked my cousin, went straight for his throat.

We were playfighting, and the Lab thought that I was being attacked, and it made sense to him to defend me, but that mattered little to my cousin!

They're beautiful dogs, but they don't have the same logic as us.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dog owners. on 10:03 - Sep 12 with 7257 viewsR_from_afar

I think it's important for dog owners to properly train, and properly control, their animals, plus to remember that not only do some people not like dogs, some are actually terrified of them.

It might well be sensible to ban breeds which have been bred specifically for fighting but that isn't the real issue, which is ensuring that all dog owners act responsibly, and properly look after their pets.

I don't mind most dogs but I have been the subject of two serious dog attacks, one just last year by a large Alsatian, and it's not pleasant.

If a dog looks like it's going to attack:
- Take off any eyewear, the reflection may be provoking the dog
- Do not smile at the dog, it may think you are baring your teeth
- Don't face the dog front on, face it side on so it doesn't think you are challenging it. Looking it in the eye can also seem like you are challenging it
- Gradually back away.
- Don't make any sudden movements as you get yourself out of its line of sight
- Don't run away because that triggers a dog's chase instinct, unless there are multiple dogs, meaning you will probably lose the fight. In that case, try to get up high - on a car even - because dogs can't climb.

Most dogs make a positive contribution to our lives, though.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Dog owners. on 10:05 - Sep 12 with 7256 viewsAntti_Heinola

Lockdown produced a lot of new dog owners, many of whom don't really have a clue how to look after dogs, or what breed to go for. I was sat in the park the other day and I couldn't have 3 minutes without some bloody hound coming to sniff and slobber at my knees. Owners don't give a fck. And then the amount of times I see owners prtetending not to notice when their pooch is doing a fkn massive wet shite is incredible (not as bad as in France mind). If you don't like picking up excrement with a thin plastic bag - don't get a dog.

Bare bones.

Dog owners. on 10:11 - Sep 12 with 7230 viewshubble

Dog owners. on 10:05 - Sep 12 by Antti_Heinola

Lockdown produced a lot of new dog owners, many of whom don't really have a clue how to look after dogs, or what breed to go for. I was sat in the park the other day and I couldn't have 3 minutes without some bloody hound coming to sniff and slobber at my knees. Owners don't give a fck. And then the amount of times I see owners prtetending not to notice when their pooch is doing a fkn massive wet shite is incredible (not as bad as in France mind). If you don't like picking up excrement with a thin plastic bag - don't get a dog.

On the final point, I've been trying to design (well, I haven't really, but I've thought about it) a device that you attach underneath the tail that immediately incinerates anything that comes out of its arse, leaving only a harmless pile of ash. Could be a winner. Maybe I should Dragon's Den it.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Dog owners. on 10:30 - Sep 12 with 7198 viewsCateLeBonR

Dog owners. on 10:11 - Sep 12 by hubble

On the final point, I've been trying to design (well, I haven't really, but I've thought about it) a device that you attach underneath the tail that immediately incinerates anything that comes out of its arse, leaving only a harmless pile of ash. Could be a winner. Maybe I should Dragon's Den it.

You could also make them for cows and solve the world’s methane crisis. I’d definitely look to get a patent for it first though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024